"Beyond Knowledge" 2009 conference in Liverpool

• 24 Replies

Daniel

• Administrator
"Beyond Knowledge" 2009 conference in Liverpool
« on: August 12, 2009, 02:38:51 PM »
I just got an email about the Beyond Knowledge 2009 conference taking place in Liverpool on 12-13th September 2009. I have nothing to do with the conference or anyone involved with it but I looked at the website and thought it might appeal to some people here.  The first day is mostly speakers talking about UFOs.  The second day is.. well, also some stuff about UFOs but several other speakers focusing on politics and other topics as well.  I'd like to go but it's a bit of a trek from London to Liverpool.  If you're up north, though, it might be worth checking out!  Here's a description from the website:

All the same, it is quite difficult to pin down what Beyond Knowledge is about in a single sentence. It's not a UFO conference, yet we have many speakers who will talk about the subject this year. Is it about "fringe" science? Well no, but we do have speakers who will talk about those subjects too. It must be about conspiracies and "conspiracy theories" then? Actually no, but it would be sheer folly to think that conspiracy has never played a part in human history, as the mainstream media so frequently likes to proclaim. Is it about spirituality and spiritual growth? Not exactly, but more and more people seem to be waking up to something in these strange times. In truth, it is all of these things and yet none of them. People who attended the 2008 conference almost invariably enjoyed the speakers, because they recognised the thoroughness and rigour of their research and the skill with which they presented their information. I am confident that this year people will leave the September Conference with the same warm feeling inside. If they don't none of us will have done the job properly.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
Re: "Beyond Knowledge" 2009 conference in Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 04:25:28 PM »
Dang, if I lived in England I'd check it out.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 07:58:36 AM »
LMAO!!!!

Don't forget to bring your tinfoil hat.

"We will not agree to anything until its generally denied."

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 08:13:29 AM »
Not everyone who is interested in UFOs and extraterrestrial life is a whack job.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 08:15:21 AM »
But aint believing in UFO's and FET at the same time kinda umm... ironic?

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 08:57:04 AM »
Notice that this wasn't posted in the FET sections.  If you haven't figured out in nearly 300 posts that not everyone here believes FET, you are a fucking retard and GTFO.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 09:05:58 AM »
I just came across this website and I have a nationally syndicated talk show called "Two For One Radio". I would be more then happy to give some here (Perhaps the moderator), a platform to speak their mind and answer questions from callers and myself. The conversation will be civilized and constructive. Anyone know who I can contact in this regards I would really appreciate it.

worsley@twoforoneradio.com
-->
Assuming you really do run that radio show, you'll need to be patient.  You might want to PM our admin, Daniel.

Conclusion: Daniel is a FET believer.

Thread starter:

Daniel
Administrator

EDIT:
So you're saying that the 'real' FET believers only believe in FET while arguing about it, and once they leave the arguing section, they forget about the theory? Hypocrisy?

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 09:10:13 AM »
I have nothing to do with the conference or anyone involved with it but I looked at the website and thought it might appeal to some people here.

Lern2read
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 09:29:01 AM »
LMAO!!!!

Don't forget to bring your tinfoil hat.
But aint believing in UFO's and FET at the same time kinda umm... ironic?
I just came across this website and I have a nationally syndicated talk show called "Two For One Radio". I would be more then happy to give some here (Perhaps the moderator), a platform to speak their mind and answer questions from callers and myself. The conversation will be civilized and constructive. Anyone know who I can contact in this regards I would really appreciate it.

worsley@twoforoneradio.com
-->
Assuming you really do run that radio show, you'll need to be patient.  You might want to PM our admin, Daniel.

Thread starter:

Daniel
Administrator

EDIT:
So you're saying that the 'real' FET believers only believe in FET while arguing about it, and once they leave the arguing section, they forget about the theory? Hypocrisy?
Every post you manage to double the fail in the one before it. Good job!

Daniel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 11:53:41 AM »
Thread starter:
Daniel
Administrator

EDIT:

1) Not all Flat Earth believers discount the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe.
2) I never said I believed in everything that was being talked about at the conference.  I said I'd like to go there because it sounded interesting.  And I thought others might want to know about it because the FES forums attract people with a wide variety of beliefs -- including the very common belief that UFOs are/may be extraterrestrial life.

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 12:32:16 PM »
1) Not all Flat Earth believers discount the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe.
UFO's exist but satellites are conspiracy?

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 01:02:14 PM »
UFO's don't need to break the atmosphere.  They could be interdimensional.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 02:18:03 PM »
I recall you telling me that the atmosphere in FE model works just like RE's and on the RE model, its just air and water. I cannot understand why you cant fly through the atmosphere. o_o

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 02:19:53 PM »
Read the FAQ

Also, this is the first time I've spoken to you.  Maybe W said that.  He is using my avatar because its pretty and he appreciates beauty.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:25:11 PM by Nomad »
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Sexual Harassment Panda

• Now more sophisticated
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 08:48:37 AM »
There is also the possibility of life from a different solar system that has technology that can sustain flight for a reasonable amount of time.
|^^^^^^^^^^^\||_____          
|     STFU          |||""'|"""\___            O
| ______________|||___|__|__|)          -|- 
  (@)@)""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)          / \

New Flat Earth FAQ: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30512.0

?

Anorthosite

• Riding the crest of the awesomeness of the Hoff
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 01:38:25 AM »
I just got an email about the Beyond Knowledge 2009 conference

Oh dear. There's a crop circle on the first page.

EDIT: I see there's a "Secret Space Program" lecture - dammit, even these people are part of the conspiracy!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:41:10 AM by Anorthosite »

?

Anorthosite

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 01:44:56 AM »
There is also the possibility of life from a different solar system that has technology that can sustain flight for a reasonable amount of time.

From the FAQ:

sustained spaceflight is not possible

I don't see any disclaimer there about our level of technology.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 11:37:52 AM »

From the FAQ:

Let's keep it on topic here. I'll answer your question anyway, because I'm a nice guy. Many FE'ers theorize that it may be possible to harness Dark Energy, the thing that powers UA, to sustain spaceflight. That, or they brought a lot of powerful fuel with them.

?

Anorthosite

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 12:55:01 PM »

From the FAQ:

Let's keep it on topic here. I'll answer your question anyway, because I'm a nice guy. Many FE'ers theorize that it may be possible to harness Dark Energy, the thing that powers UA, to sustain spaceflight. That, or they brought a lot of powerful fuel with them.

Gee, I guess the FAQ is wrong  :o

Back on topic, do people here think this conference has any credibility given it clearly discusses the impossible?

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 12:57:22 PM »
Who cares?
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

Anorthosite

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 11:27:10 AM »
Who cares?

Given that you took the time to reply, I would suggest that you do, at least to some extent.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 11:35:32 AM »
You know, I'd hate you a lot more if your avatar weren't so hypnotizing.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

Anorthosite

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 10:27:41 AM »
You know, I'd hate you a lot more if your avatar weren't so hypnotizing.

I have that effect on a lot of people  ;D

?

zilllo

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 12:39:52 AM »
I was stupid enough to fork out 50 to attend this conferance,i was really looking foward to hearing Jim Marrs but instead got the pants bored off by Richard Hoagland with his EARTH SHATTERING!!!! photos So earth shattering they have never been heard of again!
The conferance itself was run by some of  the most pretentious people you could ever meet
Legends in ther own lunchtime
So much for having open minds
Complete waste of time and well overpriced

?

Mykael

• Professor of the Horrible Sciences
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 02:09:17 AM »
I was stupid enough to fork out 50 to attend this conferance,i was really looking foward to hearing Jim Marrs but instead got the pants bored off by Richard Hoagland with his EARTH SHATTERING!!!! photos So earth shattering they have never been heard of again!
The conferance itself was run by some of  the most pretentious people you could ever meet
Legends in ther own lunchtime
So much for having open minds
Complete waste of time and well overpriced
You joined just to pointlessly bump a 1-year old thread?