Social Experiement

• 5 Replies
Social Experiement
« on: July 02, 2006, 12:09:41 PM »
There was that website on it. www.eon8.com that had nothing more then a countdown, a few images, and a message saying "we don't want you here." That was left up for quite a bit of time. Immediatly people made all kinds of accusations and conspiracies over it, claiming terroism, some kind of new computer virus, even a nuclear weapon detonation. There were crys to have the website shut down(as if any of the conspiracy theories were true, shutting down the website would stop them lol). It turned out that it was all just a social experiment to see how people react to a lack of information. It's quite telling and can be somewhat applied to things like FE theory, the moon landing hoaxers, and just conspiracy theories in general. These people are reacting to either a lack of information or understanding, so they cook up conspiracy theories loaded with evil intentions of the parties involved.

http://eon8.klibbnisse.net/  is the official mirror, read more here.

EDIT: article about it here: http://www.vitalsecurity.org/2006/07/eon8-summary.html

Social Experiement
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 02:17:38 PM »
I saw this site in December and new right away that this would happen.

It doesn't help that fools pride themselves on fruitless investigations of such harmless content.

If it were me, I'd have put a Google toolbar on it somewhere and be a millionaire.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

?

Ubuntu

Social Experiement
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 12:14:14 PM »
I wouldn't be shocked if this site were an experiment as well.

Social Experiement
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 02:17:21 PM »
Quote from: "Ubuntu"
I wouldn't be shocked if this site were an experiment as well.

You're not far off.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Social Experiement
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 02:30:57 PM »
We're not reacting to a lack of information, we have a wealth of information.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

Ubuntu

Social Experiement
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 03:11:50 PM »
Quote from: "Dogplatter"
We're not reacting to a lack of information, we have a wealth of information.

A wealth of information that proves the Earth is round.