Okay, so, I'm probably just getting trolled. Right?

• 168 Replies
Re: Okay, so, I'm probably just getting trolled. Right?
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2009, 06:58:44 PM »
Uh-huh, but when you said frisbee, did you not mean the earth, assuming that the earth is flat?
Quote from: SSSavio
Oh my god, I'm here with a bunch of people that is saying that Einstein is a stupid. And these people believe that the earth is flat! Sad

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2009, 08:06:24 PM »
Uh-huh, but when you said frisbee, did you not mean the earth, assuming that the earth is flat?

I also think I could get a badminton shuttlecock to cast a round shadow but frisbee came to mind.

Pete

• I believe that the earth is round
« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2009, 09:36:03 PM »

I also think I could get a badminton shuttlecock to cast a round shadow but frisbee came to mind.

You could get a round shadow with a frisbee (or any disk), but wouldn't that require that the disk's surface be orientated directly towards the moon at all times? Otherwise wouldn't it be some weird oblong or an ellipse? I'm having trouble picturing it.  ???

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2009, 09:44:17 PM »
My entire point was that objects other than spheres are capable of casting round shadows. Sorry, but that's it. Entirely. It.

?

Galileo26

• The game....is afoot!
« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2009, 09:49:48 PM »
My entire point was that objects other than spheres are capable of casting round shadows. Sorry, but that's it. Entirely. It.

There is a valid point here. Gentlemen, I propose that the shadow of the lunar eclipse in none other than the shadow of the Great Spaghetti Monster which spawned us all. The writing is on the wall, good sirs and/or madams, game over.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2009, 09:50:58 PM »

There is a valid point here. Gentlemen, I propose that the shadow of the lunar eclipse in none other than the shadow of the Great Spaghetti Monster which spawned us all. The writing is on the wall, good sirs and/or madams, game over.
Please keep low content posts out of the serious fora.

?

Galileo26

• The game....is afoot!
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2009, 09:58:10 PM »

Please keep low content posts out of the serious fora.

How can you say that is not a serious proposal? Have you ever seen the GSM? How would you know what It's shadow looks like? This is my point, you don't actually back up any of your claims. You merely state broad assumptions that fit into your chosen model for the universe and knock down opposing views that have been tested many times over and demonstrated enough to be accepted fact in the scientific community without actually disproving them. Oh, and as far as the "mathematics" used to "prove" some of these outlandish ideas, here's something interesting to think about. Given the correct *assumption*, math can prove anything you want. The problem with the assumptions made with many FE models, is that they're unproven, untested, and unverified. Meanwhile, the rest of the world went about actually doing the field work to demonstrate physical laws well enough that they COULD be used as mathematical assumptions, and what do you know, it all makes sense.

What was that again about a fluff post? I couldn't hear you over the logic train that just ran you over.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2009, 10:01:04 PM »
Keep it within the rules please, this is your warning.

?

Galileo26

• The game....is afoot!
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2009, 10:06:15 PM »
Eep, my bad. Not sure which rule I broke, just trying to have a heated discussion about something I'm passionate about. Apologies for my transgression. :)

« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2009, 11:47:30 PM »
The fact that people on either side of the equator see different celestial objects and bodies, showing that the plane of the earth is not limited to facing one direction. That requires no photographic evidence of the Earth, just of the skies. Also, dont a certain form of earthquake waves travel through the earth, while some travel travel along the earth/air barrier. I think they call them primary waves?
There is ongoing research on those topics.
Why is there ongoing research? We already have a theory to why it works, and it works! We have laws of physics on Earth, and apply them to other celestial objects, and so far it seems to be working.
Our science is so accurate, that we were able to predict planets and their positions before actually discovering them.
Why research into what is already known?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2009, 03:57:10 AM »
Eep, my bad. Not sure which rule I broke, just trying to have a heated discussion about something I'm passionate about. Apologies for my transgression. :)

Probably the spaghetti monster bit earlier. In the serious fora, serious posting is expected.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Galileo26

• The game....is afoot!
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2009, 07:18:03 AM »

Probably the spaghetti monster bit earlier. In the serious fora, serious posting is expected.

My bad, I meant to use that as an example of flawed logic, not meant to be taken *literally*. My point with that post was to point out that one could use any logic to defend a position, which is why verification is so important. I'll be more careful in future posts.

« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2011, 08:00:56 AM »
I've wasted my entire morning on this site.  It's like watching those dumbest criminal shows on TV.  You know you're just wasting your time but you just want to see how much dumber it can get.

Ok, I made an account just for this. THIS right here is what describes best what I did the whole evening. I knew it`s retarded, I knew the people who support it are idiots and the people argueing with these idiots are even bigger idiots for doing so, but I kept on reading thread after thread to see WHERE THE HELL DOES IT END!

Truth be told, it doesn`t ... ever. These people`s stupidity is infinite -- there`s no end to it .. it just keeps going on and on and on and on. Amazing!

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2011, 08:42:48 AM »
I've wasted my entire morning on this site.  It's like watching those dumbest criminal shows on TV.  You know you're just wasting your time but you just want to see how much dumber it can get.

Ok, I made an account just for this. THIS right here is what describes best what I did the whole evening. I knew it`s retarded, I knew the people who support it are idiots and the people argueing with these idiots are even bigger idiots for doing so, but I kept on reading thread after thread to see WHERE THE HELL DOES IT END!

Truth be told, it doesn`t ... ever. These people`s stupidity is infinite -- there`s no end to it .. it just keeps going on and on and on and on. Amazing!

i always think the same thing when reading old posts. the arguements never change and a point is never made. we can all save time now and just bump old posts. the same points will be made and no progress. say for instance you wanted to argue the coriolis effect, just type search find the post, bump it and like magic you have a ready built arguement. that sort of time saver should be in the help section

« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2011, 12:32:21 PM »

All pictures from orbit are of a spherical figure.
Orbit is impossible, so there are no pictures from orbit.
Prove that orbit is impossible (or at least provide evidence)
 The sun LOOKS like it orbits the earth.
No, it doesn't.
Uh, yeah it does. Hasve you watched it lately? But of course, it isn't actually orbiting us.
 Microorganisms LOOK nonexistant.
How does something look non existent?
Because you can't see them...
 The oceans LOOK bottomless.
Try diving deeper.
Well, the world may look flat, BUT WHY DON'T YOU TRY GOING HIGHER?!?!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 03:48:41 PM by Luke »

« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2011, 02:38:01 PM »
I find it amazing that people stupid enough to believe that the Earth is flat are smart enough to operate and run a decently presented forum.  I guess that stupidity and intelligence can strangely coexist in a human; Newton was a religious fanatic who believed in alchemy  and Immortal Technique is a conspiracy theorist who thinks that the Illuminati run everything.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2011, 03:09:02 PM »
Holding unorthodox beliefs does not equate to stupidity.
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2011, 05:12:59 PM »
Holding unorthodox beliefs does not equate to stupidity.

Holding unorthodox beliefs in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, and throwing out centuries of repeatable experimental and observational evidence in order to do so, very much equates to stupidity.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2011, 05:18:56 PM »

i always think the same thing when reading old posts. the arguements never change and a point is never made. we can all save time now and just bump old posts. the same points will be made and no progress. say for instance you wanted to argue the coriolis effect, just type search find the post, bump it and like magic you have a ready built arguement. that sort of time saver should be in the help section

Slow progress is made. For example, the stupid bendy light idea prevailed for a long time and then someone found a way to disprove it about 18 months ago, it appears. I myself have recently come up with a new argument against the claim of turning to left or right when travelling due east or west. The current state of that is a blank refusal of the FE'ers to engage with it, because it's such a good argument that they're going to need to make up one of their new laws of physics in order to counter it.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2011, 12:39:26 AM »
Thanks for using one of my quotes as your baseline.

Thanks!!!!
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2011, 04:45:40 AM »
Holding unorthodox beliefs in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, and throwing out centuries of repeatable experimental and observational evidence in order to do so, very much equates to stupidity.
So global warming believers and religious people are stupid? Well, that makes it a bit easier, since now we can dismiss the majority of the world as possible authorities on anything.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2011, 12:18:07 AM »
So global warming believers and religious people are stupid? Well, that makes it a bit easier, since now we can dismiss the majority of the world as possible authorities on anything.

You really have to have a twisted mind to deduct this from what The Knowledge says.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2011, 07:17:29 PM »

You really have to have a twisted mind to deduct this from what The Knowledge says.
Please point out the step of deduction you disagree with. Otherwise, accept that your claim is unsubstantiated and made-up.

The supposed steps required to have one's beliefs "equate to stupidity":
  • Overwhelming evidence to the contrary of said beliefs.
    • Religion? Check.
    • Global warming? Check.
  • Throwing out centuries of evidence (essentially identical to step 1, except now it's the age of evidence and not amount that matters).
    • Religion? Check.
    • Global warming? Check.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2011, 12:19:07 PM »

Please point out the step of deduction you disagree with. Otherwise, accept that your claim is unsubstantiated and made-up.

The supposed steps required to have one's beliefs "equate to stupidity":
  • Overwhelming evidence to the contrary of said beliefs.
    • Religion? Check.
    • Global warming? Check.
  • Throwing out centuries of evidence (essentially identical to step 1, except now it's the age of evidence and not amount that matters).
    • Religion? Check.
    • Global warming? Check.

Why does global warming fit? Most evidence agrees with it.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2011, 12:21:46 PM »
Does it? It seems to be mostly anecdotal, not to mention that we've been jumping around between "omg global cooling we're all gonna freeze if we don't stop messing up the environment" and "whoa it's getting warm again GLOBAL WARMING GUYS THIS IS SERIOUS" during the last 40 or so years.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2011, 01:02:13 PM »
Does it? It seems to be mostly anecdotal, not to mention that we've been jumping around between "omg global cooling we're all gonna freeze if we don't stop messing up the environment" and "whoa it's getting warm again GLOBAL WARMING GUYS THIS IS SERIOUS" during the last 40 or so years.

I'm sure you've seen this before.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #146 on: November 23, 2011, 01:06:02 PM »
So an anomaly of -0.4 Celsius in the past, and +0.6C in the present. What a beautiful fragment of a sine wave.

Global cooling makes a much better case than global warming.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #147 on: November 23, 2011, 01:17:48 PM »
So an anomaly of -0.4 Celsius in the past, and +0.6C in the present. What a beautiful fragment of a sine wave.

Global cooling makes a much better case than global warming.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling

'Global cooling' actually does exist. Kind of. It's been shown that global dimming, which is basically what they're talking about, is a real phenomenon but is insignificant in comparison to global warming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_dimming

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2011, 01:20:28 PM »

If there is overwhelming evidence against global warming, then to believe it is stupid.
If there is overwhelming evidence against a religion's teachings, then to believe it is stupid.
If there is overwhelming evidence against anything, then to believe it is stupid.
If you disagree, give an example of something there is overwhelming evidence for that is provably false. It can't be done, because the existence of overwhelming evidence is only possible if something is not false.
You seem to be criticising me just for the hell of it whilst simultaneously agreeing with me. Are you having some sort of problem?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2011, 01:27:28 PM »
This could be an endless debate.

Reposted for truth.