Yet Another Question for FE'ers

• 3 Replies
Yet Another Question for FE'ers
« on: July 22, 2009, 09:52:09 PM »
I have seen at least one post on these forums by a FE'er who confessed that even if the Earth were round, he would rather not believe it.  How many of you FE'ers feel that way?  If the Earth really is round, would you want to know the truth of the matter, or would you be disappointed to find that out?  Please answer honestly!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Re: Yet Another Question for FE'ers
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 10:40:27 PM »
Well obviously I'd be disappointed if I found out I was wrong about the shape of the Earth but if I was faced with undeniable truth then I'd have no other choice but to except it of course.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 04:58:03 AM »
I don't think anyone here has said that even if they knew the Earth was round they would believe it was flat. Perhaps they just have a different/higher standard of evidence to you.

To answer your question, I want to know the truth. Luckily, I already do.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 05:14:05 AM »
Ok then, what is "proof positive?"  There are photographs ("clearly faked"), mathematical proofs ("just a bunch of numbers"), experiments ("we got experiments too, y'know"), visual observations ("got a convenient explanation that makes no sense"), airline flights ("faked"), and about 500 years of knowledge ("brainwashing").  Whenever anyone offers proof (or at least pretty convincing evidence) of the earth's spherical nature, someone comes back with some kind of retort on the caliber of cartoon science, for all that I can tell.  I've yet to see one argument for FE that isn't groundless, random, or just plain laughable.  If you're going to be a maverick in the world of established science you do have the burden of proof and I've yet to see a thing except for an experiment which even I (who have little basis in science) can tell is quite too small a sample. Say the earth were flat, just for the sake of argument.  You really should be able to see that sheet's hem at more than six miles, no?  Why not attempt to replicate it out in Kansas or Nevada?  "Because I don't live there," one might say.  Ohhhh. . .yes, serious scientists allllways let such small things as proximity stymie their findings.  Hell, artists who have no money at all find ways to travel to new locations to inspire themselves, why is it that people with "something to prove" can't be bothered?
Quote from: SSSavio
Oh my god, I'm here with a bunch of people that is saying that Einstein is a stupid. And these people believe that the earth is flat! Sad