Ok. I really don't understand this whole thing.

• 49 Replies

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
Ok. I really don't understand this whole thing.
« on: July 21, 2009, 04:32:10 PM »
Will somebody please answer me the following question? :

Why would NASA or the government, or whatever even try so hard to keep the "truth" from us? What is the advantage of them having us think that the Earth is round? As far as I know... there would be no advantage of them keeping the "truth" from us.

(I put the word TRUTH in quotations because the Earth is round, guys.)

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

Re: Ok. I really don't understand this whole thing.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 04:40:02 PM »
FE'ers think that is financial gain. But Really lot of people should be involved in conspiracy, and it's really unlikely that for none of them science, truth and progress is bigger value than money.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 04:40:50 PM »
According to the globularist myth, it costs billions of currency to send things into space. Since NASA, The 50th Space Wing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, JAXA, CNSA, the FKA, ISRO, Virgin Galactic, Ball Corporation and everybody else aren't actually sending anything into space, those billions are getting embezzled into a group of elite Satanistic ego-cultists who comprise the upper echelons of the management of these organisations.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 04:48:24 PM »
According to the globularist myth, it costs billions of currency to send things into space. Since NASA, The 50th Space Wing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, JAXA, CNSA, the FKA, ISRO, Virgin Galactic, Ball Corporation and everybody else aren't actually sending anything into space, those billions are getting embezzled into a group of elite Satanistic ego-cultists who comprise the upper echelons of the management of these organisations.

If they're not sending anything into space, and orbit is impossible, then where do the space shuttles actually go when they take off? (space shuttles like this one) It sure looks like they're headed up....and they don't come back down for a while. In orbit they don't need fuel since they're in free-fall, so why is it that they don't need to constantly refuel? Some stay above Earth for up to a month. I don't think something traveling at 10,000 mph could sustain that speed for a month without refueling, do you? Unless, of course, they were in orbit.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 04:50:44 PM by Pseudointellect »

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 04:52:58 PM »
They think that shuttles are landing somewhere in the unpopulated area unseen. But they seem to forget that the whole thing would cost more than just putting shuttles in the orbit and getting them back(they would need to do the whole procedure twice).

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 05:10:06 PM »
You have to realize, if this is actually what you believe, that none of those organizations have been around for longer than 100 years. Pythagoras first postulated that the Earth must be a sphere way back in 570 BC. Were those organizations in their early stages making money off of his "theory"... in 570 BC? I don't think so... People may have even believed the Earth was flat until the days of Columbus. But again, Columbus lived about 500 years ago. People have believed the Earth was round since his time, whereas these organizations didn't start popping up until the 20th century. They couldn't have been making money on this idea if they didn't exist. Do you see where I'm going with this? Get over this. There is no conspiracy here. The Earth IS round.

Also, can you please kindly explain how a compass would function on a flat Earth without a core or a magnetoSPHERE? Thanks.

EDIT: I purposefully misspelled the word "magnetosphere" to make the "sphere" part stand out... because it is indeed, a sphere. (Just like the Earth.).
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 05:18:05 PM by th3rm0m3t3r0 »

I am correct.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 05:18:29 PM »
They think that shuttles are landing somewhere in the unpopulated area unseen. But they seem to forget that the whole thing would cost more than just putting shuttles in the orbit and getting them back(they would need to do the whole procedure twice).

Or just being a big firework or crashing into the sea. That kind of display could practically be done in a back yard, let alone by an organisation with billions to blow on special effects.

You have to realize, if this is actually what you believe, that none of those organizations have been around for longer than 100 years. Pythagoras first postulated that the Earth must be a sphere way back in 570 BC. Were those organizations in their early stages making money off of his "theory"... in 570 BC? I don't think so... People may have even believed the Earth was flat until the days of Columbus. But again, Columbus lived about 500 years ago. People have believed the Earth was round since his time, whereas these organizations didn't start popping up until the 20th century. They couldn't have been making money on this idea if they didn't exist. Do you see where I'm going with this? Get over this. There is no conspiracy here. The Earth IS round.

Before the space age, people were just wrong. People have been wrong about a number of things. I believe Homer makes mention of witches in the Odyssey, in around 850 BC, and people believed in witchcraft until the 1700's AD (some people still do).

It was not until the 19th and 20th Centuries that an organisation which knew the truth decided to deliberately surpress it by way of a Conspiracy. During the 19th Century, the jury was out on the shape of the Earth. A brave enclave of scientists, Samuel Rowbotham, John Hampden, William Carpenter, Lady Blount, etc., began to discover evidence that the antiquated globular model was completely false. Victorian science and society were thrown into turmoil. The civilized world was on the brink of a scientific revolution. Various different highly evil organisations saw the perfect opportunity to make a huge amount of money by exploiting the mistaken globe-belief, and set about surpressing the new science, Zeteticism, and instituting a series of falsified space explorations and a culture which believed space-travel between fantastical round planets was actually possible.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

zork

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »
According to the globularist myth, it costs billions of currency to send things into space.
It's a myth but what about facts?
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 05:26:36 PM »
According to the globularist myth, it costs billions of currency to send things into space.

The fact is, space travel of that kind is impossible because the Earth is flat and accelerates upwards at a rate of 9.8m/s^2. Instead the billions get spent on the hedonistic whims of the Space Barons.

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 05:32:28 PM »
Quote from: James
Before the space age, people were just wrong. People have been wrong about a number of things. I believe Homer makes mention of witches in the Odyssey, in around 850 BC, and people believed in witchcraft until the 1700's AD (some people still do).

It was not until the 19th and 20th Centuries that an organisation which knew the truth decided to deliberately surpress it by way of a Conspiracy. During the 19th Century, the jury was out on the shape of the Earth. A brave enclave of scientists, Samuel Rowbotham, John Hampden, William Carpenter, Lady Blount, etc., began to discover evidence that the antiquated globular model was completely false. Victorian science and society were thrown into turmoil. The civilized world was on the brink of a scientific revolution. Various different highly evil organisations saw the perfect opportunity to make a huge amount of money by exploiting the mistaken globe-belief, and set about surpressing the new science, Zeteticism, and instituting a series of falsified space explorations and a culture which believed space-travel between fantastical round planets was actually possible.
An then, i woke up...

i saw NO proof for flat earth, and as i remembered in 4 seconds - at least 3 proofs for FET being impossible.

Or just being a big firework or crashing into the sea. That kind of display could practically be done in a back yard, let alone by an organisation with billions to blow on special effects.
That would cost even more.(yea, space shuttles propelled by such enormous forces into supersonic speeds cannot be made out of cardboard)

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 05:36:43 PM »
...space travel of that kind is impossible because the Earth is flat and accelerates upwards at a rate of 9.8m/s^2...

If you are going to say things like this, please don't say things like "The fact is," in front of them. Because the ACTUAL fact is that the Earth is round and a little force called "gravity" pulls things to the spherical center of the Earth at a rate of 9.82m/s^2. And sure, those scientists did believe that the Earth was flat... but as you said before, people are wrong sometimes. Not to mention, the number of scientists that believe the Earth is round DEFINITELY outweighs the number that think it's flat.

And please, answer my question about the compass.

I am correct.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 05:49:54 PM »
...space travel of that kind is impossible because the Earth is flat and accelerates upwards at a rate of 9.8m/s^2...

If you are going to say things like this, please don't say things like "The fact is," in front of them. Because the ACTUAL fact is that the Earth is round and a little force called "gravity" pulls things to the spherical center of the Earth at a rate of 9.82m/s^2. And sure, those scientists did believe that the Earth was flat... but as you said before, people are wrong sometimes. Not to mention, the number of scientists that believe the Earth is round DEFINITELY outweighs the number that think it's flat.

Well you just did exactly what you told me not to do! Either we're both allowed to call what we are saying fact, or neither of us are. Since we are engaged in a fairly typical dialectic in which two sides wish to make different fact-claims, I think the answer is that we are both allowed to do that. By claiming anything, I am basically asserting its truth anyway. Reiterating that truth-claim isn't really any different.

Yes, the number of scientists now who think that the Earth is round outweighs the number who think it is flat. Why? Because biochemists, paleontologists, marine biologists and so on, who have no reason to actually investigate the shape of the Earth, grew up in a globularist society. "Scientists" is too broad a term. How about "Physicists"?

In the 19th Century, before Zeteticism was brutally surpressed by the Conspiracy, there was a very large number of English physicists who believed the Earth was flat. Now, there are not so many, because their voice was silenced during that time, by socio-political forces, not by any relation to truth or falsehood.

Sorry, I just missed it. Compasses work just fine. There is an iron core to the Earth, the North Pole is the centre of the Earth, and the South Pole is all around the outside. If you go North, you are going closer to the Earth's center. If you go South, you are going further from it. If you go East or West, you are going in a broad circular locus around the North Pole.

?

zork

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 05:56:31 PM »

The fact is, space travel of that kind is impossible because the Earth is flat and accelerates upwards at a rate of 9.8m/s^2. Instead the billions get spent on the hedonistic whims of the Space Barons.
And where I can get third party opinion about this fact outside this forum? And I don't want the reference to the ENaG.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 05:58:07 PM »
before Zeteticism was brutally surpressed by the Conspiracy
WTF?
How can You know?
there was a very large number of English physicists who believed the Earth was flat.
source?
very large? 2? 5? 15? i can say that 1miligram is a lot. that will change nothing. Also, appeal to authority is fallacy even when your authority isn't majority(try not to forget that)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 06:00:32 PM by Maxus »

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 06:07:50 PM »
very large? 2? 5? 15? i can say that 1miligram is a lot. that will change nothing. Also, appeal to authority is fallacy even when your authority isn't majority(try not to forget that)

Come off it, my post was a direct response to this:

Not to mention, the number of scientists that believe the Earth is round DEFINITELY outweighs the number that think it's flat.

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 06:20:05 PM »
Still, i am curious about source of your data from 19th century.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 06:27:05 PM »
The published works of the scientists to which I refer, is the fact which mainly suggests their existence to me, though a number of other documents which were not produced by them also testify to their existence. Samuel Rowbotham, William Carpenter, John Hampden, Lady Blount, David Wardlaw Scott, Thomas Winship, etc., etc., etc., all published scientific works in the 19th Century which promoted the notion that the Earth is flat.

The existence of the Victorian Zeteticists is no more in doubt than the existence of Isaac Newton or Johannes Kepler.

I would rather not go to the trouble, but if you wish to dispute the existence of the Victorian Zeteticists any further, I can furnish you with a comprehensive reading list of their work.

shades

• Occam's Razor is not BS. Let's move on.
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 07:48:44 PM »

Gosh, I was wrong when I said that anime is well written, so I must be wrong about everything else!

Really.
It's not spam, it's my catchphrase!

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 08:37:37 PM »

Well you just did exactly what you told me not to do! Either we're both allowed to call what we are saying fact, or neither of us are. Since we are engaged in a fairly typical dialectic in which two sides wish to make different fact-claims, I think the answer is that we are both allowed to do that. By claiming anything, I am basically asserting its truth anyway. Reiterating that truth-claim isn't really any different.

Yes, the number of scientists now who think that the Earth is round outweighs the number who think it is flat. Why? Because biochemists, paleontologists, marine biologists and so on, who have no reason to actually investigate the shape of the Earth, grew up in a globularist society. "Scientists" is too broad a term. How about "Physicists"?

In the 19th Century, before Zeteticism was brutally surpressed by the Conspiracy, there was a very large number of English physicists who believed the Earth was flat. Now, there are not so many, because their voice was silenced during that time, by socio-political forces, not by any relation to truth or falsehood.

Sorry, I just missed it. Compasses work just fine. There is an iron core to the Earth, the North Pole is the centre of the Earth, and the South Pole is all around the outside. If you go North, you are going closer to the Earth's center. If you go South, you are going further from it. If you go East or West, you are going in a broad circular locus around the North Pole.

South is all around??... So if you go east, you are goin to end up in the south?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 08:41:26 PM by Rapol »
I just watched a fish crawl out of the water, stand up on its tail, give me "the fin" and hop back in. Wtf?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 09:04:09 PM »
The whole compass thing has me sort of baffled. The real, legitimate scientific explanation as to why a compass points North is that the iron core of the Earth produces this field called the magnetosphere. The magnetosphere is strongest at the magnetic North and South poles of the Earth. The compass points toward the magnetic North part of the Earth, because the magnetosphere directs it that way.

In a way, the fact that there even is a magnetosphere on Earth sort of disproves the Flat Earth Theory. The Earth is basically a gigantic spherical magnet. If the Earth was flat, and compasses still pointed North, that would mean that the North and South poles of the giant magnet were both on one side of the flat Earth. If that were the case, Earth wouldn't be a magnet at all, and the magnetosphere would not exist, thereby stopping compasses from working.

There are no functioning compasses on a flat Earth. Think about it.

Yet another slap in the face of the Flat Earth Theory.  ;)

I am correct.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2009, 09:27:44 PM »
And if the earth were a cylinder with a pole at each end, what would this field look like?
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2009, 09:30:40 PM »
And if the earth were a cylinder with a pole at each end, what would this field look like?
If that was the case, compasses still wouldn't work because technically speaking, there would be no magnetic direction North in the sense that it is thought of in the "Globular Theory". You don't make a very compelling argument.

To answer your irrelevant question, the field would look like that of a cylindrical magnet.

As you can see, "North" would only mean the center of one of the sides of the cylinder to a magnet.
Also, I wouldn't want to live in a world where going "East" and "West" was impossible.

This is how things really are, and it is much easier for a compass to function in this, the real, world.

This proves two things.
1. Compasses cannot function within a cylindrical or flat world.
2. I cannot draw in paint very well.

:P
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 10:22:37 PM by th3rm0m3t3r0 »

I am correct.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 09:55:37 PM »
You're clearly not grasping that there would be one "pole" on the surface of the earth, and the other at the bottom of the disc/cylinder. At the north pole the field lines are vertical (in RE and FE). The areas rimward where the magnetic field lines are vertical are where one would perceive the "south pole".
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 10:21:49 PM »
You're clearly not grasping that there would be one "pole" on the surface of the earth, and the other at the bottom of the disc/cylinder. At the north pole the field lines are vertical (in RE and FE). The areas rimward where the magnetic field lines are vertical are where one would perceive the "south pole".
Your clearly not grasping the fact that in a flat/cylindrical world, a compass, any compass, would not be able to function properly, for magnetic (compass) directions would not exist as they do in the real (round/spherical) world.

I am correct.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2009, 10:38:59 PM »
The whole compass thing has me sort of baffled. The real, legitimate scientific explanation as to why a compass points North is that the iron core of the Earth produces this field called the magnetosphere. The magnetosphere is strongest at the magnetic North and South poles of the Earth. The compass points toward the magnetic North part of the Earth, because the magnetosphere directs it that way.

In a way, the fact that there even is a magnetosphere on Earth sort of disproves the Flat Earth Theory. The Earth is basically a gigantic spherical magnet. If the Earth was flat, and compasses still pointed North, that would mean that the North and South poles of the giant magnet were both on one side of the flat Earth. If that were the case, Earth wouldn't be a magnet at all, and the magnetosphere would not exist, thereby stopping compasses from working.

Yet another slap in the face of the Flat Earth Theory.  ;)

As far as I know most of the legitimate FEers are in agreement that there is a pole at the north pole and one directly below the north pole, so that the poles are not on the same side of the Earth.  If you understand magnetism you'll see how this explains compasses, and if you don't I'm sorry to say that I'm not the best one to explain it but I am confident in its truthiness.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2009, 10:41:01 PM »

Yet another slap in the face of the Flat Earth Theory.  ;)

As far as I know most of the legitimate FEers are in agreement that there is a pole at the north pole and one directly below the north pole, so that the poles are not on the same side of the Earth.  If you understand magnetism you'll see how this explains compasses, and if you don't I'm sorry to say that I'm not the best one to explain it but I am confident in its truthiness.

Read my new post(s). This has already been covered. I understand what you are saying now, though.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 10:45:34 PM by th3rm0m3t3r0 »

I am correct.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 10:47:49 PM »

Yet another slap in the face of the Flat Earth Theory.  ;)

As far as I know most of the legitimate FEers are in agreement that there is a pole at the north pole and one directly below the north pole, so that the poles are not on the same side of the Earth.  If you understand magnetism you'll see how this explains compasses, and if you don't I'm sorry to say that I'm not the best one to explain it but I am confident in its truthiness.

Read my new post(s). This has already been covered.

You haven't yet demonstrated why
a compass, any compass, would not be able to function properly, for magnetic (compass) directions would not exist as they do in the real (round/spherical) world.

You are wrong about this.  Like I said I'm not really qualified to explain it adequately, but conduct a search for threads about the subject by the user TheEngineer.  Hopefully that will help clear any confusion you might have.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 10:51:37 PM »
I guess I didn't apply this concept to your fake map of the Earth. I made this argument without fully understanding the mythical Flat-Earth Model... sorry for this. Rest assured, though, I will be back with more.  ;)

You guys win the magneto - battle.

Will somebody close or delete this please? I don't want people yelling at me for my misunderstanding. Haha.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 10:55:21 PM by th3rm0m3t3r0 »

I am correct.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2009, 01:27:55 AM »
I guess I didn't apply this concept to your fake map of the Earth. I made this argument without fully understanding the mythical Flat-Earth Model... sorry for this. Rest assured, though, I will be back with more.  ;)

You guys win the magneto - battle.

Will somebody close or delete this please? I don't want people yelling at me for my misunderstanding. Haha.

Why would we do that? We don't want to surpress Flat Earthers winning an argument, and since obviously this magnetism criticism is one of the first things your brainwashed globularist mind came up with, it stands to reason that other people will make the same mistake, so the thread ought to remain accessible so that they can read it and learn new facts.

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2009, 06:32:03 AM »
your brainwashed globularist mind
Hmm... how should i interpret this? When there is no proof for FET, and a lot of proofs that are showing that FET is impossible makes someone who misudnerstandes something and was corrected - brainwashed person? I can say that you are brainwashed because of all proofs for FET being impossible and you're stinn believing it.