The Real Earth

• 20 Replies
?

Julius2

The Real Earth
« on: July 20, 2009, 01:02:36 PM »

see how it curves a bit in the first image? see it's a globe. If the earth was flat as some individuals say, why does america have daylight while in china there is night?  ??? And why does the moon, which is in fact a globe as well orbit earth. We've been on the moon and it constantly changes (full moon-new moon) so we know it spins around earth. .
And what about flight? Why do planes that depart from tokyo go to san fransisco through the pacific?

And seasons? Climate? all these occur because the earth has a tilted axis and orbits the sun. Ever looked at a satellite image? I see no barrier of ice.... (it couldn't exist even if the earth was flat because of seasons). Answer this post, please.

?

Anteater7171

• I am the FAQ!!!
Re: The Real Earth
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 01:49:08 PM »
The pictures are blatantly fraudulent. FYI, NASA isn't a good source to use when trying to discuss FET; their bias is well known.
I don't remember anything. Well, I do, but it's really vague. Like I was on drugs the whole time.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 02:18:22 PM »
Images of RET do not constitute proof; please read the Site Rules and the FAQ, and post your topics in the appropriate sections.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 04:13:23 PM »
The pictures are blatantly fraudulent. FYI, NASA isn't a good source to use when trying to discuss FET; their bias is well known.

They aren't blatantly fraudulent to 99.99% of the worlds population. Besides, back in the 1960s I doubt they had the technology to convincingly fool the world with their computer and camera manipulations.

I don't actually know why I am wasting my time on this website because it blows my mind. It's like I'm arguing with a 7 year old about whether Santa Claus is real or not.

'But just cause you've never seen him doesn't mean he's not real.'

But my adult mind and logic means I don't need to think twice about it... I don't understand how someone can be brought up believing in science and then suddenly as an adult go 'hey I think the earth actually might be flat...'. I learnt that Santa didn't exist when I was a child, just like adults realised the earth was round hundreds of years ago. The fact this website exists is proof that there are some very weird people out there with draconian mindets...  :-\

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 10:54:34 AM »

They aren't blatantly fraudulent to 99.99% of the worlds population. Besides, back in the 1960s I doubt they had the technology to convincingly fool the world with their computer and camera manipulations.

I don't actually know why I am wasting my time on this website because it blows my mind. It's like I'm arguing with a 7 year old about whether Santa Claus is real or not.

But my adult mind and logic means I don't need to think twice about it... I don't understand how someone can be brought up believing in science and then suddenly as an adult go 'hey I think the earth actually might be flat...'. I learnt that Santa didn't exist when I was a child, just like adults realised the earth was round hundreds of years ago. The fact this website exists is proof that there are some very weird people out there with draconian mindets...  :-\

*Bows towards you*
I just watched a fish crawl out of the water, stand up on its tail, give me "the fin" and hop back in. Wtf?

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 11:01:07 AM »
The fact this website exists is proof that there are some very weird people out there with draconian mindets...  :-\

Or that some people aren't sheep; or aren't fallacious. I don't know, you choose.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 11:23:12 AM »
Or that some people aren't sheep; or aren't fallacious. I don't know, you choose.

That's like saying if someone put a potato in front of you, despite it looking like a potato you would refuse to believe it was in fact a potato because every body else does think it's a potato. It makes no sense. You are arguing that you believe the FE theory just because everyone else believes another. Not because there is any actual proof of it.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 11:49:33 AM »
That's like saying if someone put a potato in front of you, despite it looking like a potato you would refuse to believe it was in fact a potato because every body else does think it's a potato. It makes no sense. You are arguing that you believe the FE theory just because everyone else believes another. Not because there is any actual proof of it.

No, I would not refuse it. I would, however, understand the possibility of it not being a potato.

And who said I believed FE theory?
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
objectively good

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 11:52:39 AM »

No, I would not refuse it. I would, however, understand the possibility of it not being a potato.

And who said I believed FE theory?

The fact that you are arguing in every thread for it suggests so. Unless you are just playing devils advocate.

Still i say watch this. Is it faked?

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 12:21:30 PM »
The fact that you are arguing in every thread for it suggests so.

Arguing against an idea automatically makes me believe the opposite? So if I were to engage in an argument where someone claims cars are perfectly safe, and I say that isn't true, I automatically believe cars are dangerous? What kind of poor logic is that?
objectively good

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 12:24:08 PM »
The fact that you are arguing in every thread for it suggests so.

Arguing against an idea automatically makes me believe the opposite? So if I were to engage in an argument where someone claims cars are perfectly safe, and I say that isn't true, I automatically believe cars are dangerous? What kind of poor logic is that?

That's not poor logic. In such an argument there are 3 views. From your car one there is safe, neutral (agree neither way) or dangerous. If you argue against something as strongly as you do with the round earth theory then it logically suggests that you support the FE theory because neutrals rarely argue as strongly as you against one side. They listen to both sides and provide balanced opinions without making up their mind, which you don't do.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 12:29:30 PM »
That's not poor logic. In such an argument there are 3 views. From your car one there is safe, neutral (agree neither way) or dangerous. If you argue against something as strongly as you do with the round earth theory then it logically suggests that you support the FE theory because neutrals rarely argue as strongly as you against one side. They listen to both sides and provide balanced opinions without making up their mind, which you don't do.

The thing is, I'm not arguing against a spherical Earth as vehemently as you believe; I'm arguing against the poor assumptions, logic and incorrectness of the average visitor. I don't think you'll find anywhere on the forum that I claim something against the accepted notion that the Earth is spherical.

And for the car example, there are three views as you said. Either cars are safe, dangerous, or there is the understanding that they contain elements of both, with probabilities for both.
objectively good

?

Anteater7171

• I am the FAQ!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 12:34:47 PM »

Way to go with the ad hominem attacks, really shows your maturity. Also they did have the technology, it's called doctoring photos; this technology has been around almost as long as cameras.
I don't remember anything. Well, I do, but it's really vague. Like I was on drugs the whole time.

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 12:39:31 PM »
Way to go with the ad hominem attacks, really shows your maturity. Also they did have the technology, it's called doctoring photos; this technology has been around almost as long as cameras.

Yes but in those days it was very easy to spot a doctored photo. Now it is 1000x harder, though 90% of the time still quite easy.

?

Anteater7171

• I am the FAQ!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 12:47:53 PM »
You do relies that back then, doctoring photos was both an art form and a legitimate profession? A good shop (undoubtedly what the conspiracy would pay for), would be nearly indistinguishable from the real deal.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 02:26:59 PM »
You do realize that would just make that many more people that would need to be kept quiet.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 02:52:03 AM »
The fact this website exists is proof that there are some very weird people out there with draconian mindets...  :-\

I think the real sheep are the people who came to this website with its flimsy science and arguments and joined the bandwagon, in some lame attempt at rebelling against science and logic they don't understand.

And I realise that doctoring photos has been around since photography was invented, however that was poor quality black and white photos and the kind of photos we get back from space now would obviously be a lot harder to convincingly doctor. Plus of course naturally we don't think they would waste their time anyway. I doubt David Attenborough is in on it when he makes his Planet Earth documentaries.  :P 

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 08:03:47 AM »
And I realise that doctoring photos has been around since photography was invented, however that was poor quality black and white photos and the kind of photos we get back from space now would obviously be a lot harder to convincingly doctor.

What's so hard about filtering the image through a fish-eye lens?

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 11:29:41 AM »
This people believe the earth is flat.  Obviously photo of the earth being round is not going to prove it to them, they'll just say it's fake.  They probably wouldn't believe it if you took them into space.  Then the glass on the window is curved to create the illusion or blah blah blah.   Because NASA made it ALL UP to make money (I don't see why there wouldn't still need to be a scientific research even if the earth were flat..) and its just coincidence that every makes more sense with RE theory then with 'reality"

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 12:58:12 PM »
And I realise that doctoring photos has been around since photography was invented, however that was poor quality black and white photos and the kind of photos we get back from space now would obviously be a lot harder to convincingly doctor.

What's so hard about filtering the image through a fish-eye lens?

I'm talking about photos from space with show entire sections of the globe or the earth itself.

?

Julius2

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 12:40:45 PM »
answer my other points then....