Just one...

• 50 Replies

shades

• Occam's Razor is not BS. Let's move on.
Re: Just one...
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2009, 06:05:00 PM »
Here's a challenge to all you flat earth believers. I want you to give me a single reason why anyone would want to pretend the earth is flat that I can't debunk.

Just one.

Well, I fulfilled your request, so rather than debate every single aspect of FET with you in this thread, I'm going to leave this discussion and let you do some more reading and searching, as you clearly have not acquainted yourself with the evidence for FET.

Quote it please I'm afraid it was hidden behind all the moon logic.
It's not spam, it's my catchphrase!

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2009, 06:30:44 PM »

I'm going to leave this discussion and let you do some more reading and searching

It isn't any easier for me to use the search function than it is for you, so look for it yourself.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

shades

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2009, 06:34:53 PM »

I'm going to leave this discussion and let you do some more reading and searching

It isn't any easier for me to use the search function than it is for you, so look for it yourself.

That's not what I meant. I said give me one argument for a motive to conceal the earths shape that I can not form a rebuttal to. If you think you have please quote I however do not think you have.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 06:45:27 PM »
That's not what I meant. I said give me one argument for a motive to conceal the earths shape that I can not form a rebuttal to. If you think you have please quote I however do not think you have.

I've already done that! You haven't been able to contradict a single one of my points relating to The Conspiracy. The motive, as I have shown, is financial.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 06:48:05 PM by Lord Wilmore »
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

shades

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2009, 07:21:08 AM »
Very well but if I am to believe the flat earth theory, then space travel is impossible and NASA has no way of knowing if the earth is flat or not, since they haven't been there. Then if they don't know then there can't be a conspiracy covering it up.

You said that one can tell the earth is flat from the ground. Keep in mind that "it looks flat" isn't valid proof. If you say this is off-topic I say it isn't because it is vital in understanding why anyone would want to cover something up because for all they know the earth could be round.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2009, 07:24:27 AM »
Very well but if I am to believe the flat earth theory, then space travel is impossible and NASA has no way of knowing if the earth is flat or not, since they haven't been there. Then if they don't know then there can't be a conspiracy covering it up.

As I have said elsewhere, you don't need to go into space to know that the earth is flat. The Conspiracy probably has its origins in the discovery that spaceflight is impossible.

shades

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2009, 07:42:39 AM »
Scientist 1: Oh my god! If my calculations are correct, then space flight is impossible!

Scientist 2: The earth must be flat then!

Really people.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2009, 07:54:19 AM »
Sorry, what I meant was why would NASA want to pretend the earth is flat?

Sorry about that.

To my knowledge, NASA is not pretending that the earth is flat.

shades

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2009, 07:56:07 AM »
Sorry, what I meant was why would NASA want to pretend the earth is flat?

Sorry about that.

To my knowledge, NASA is not pretending that the earth is flat.

Sorry I meant to say why would they want to pretend it's round when it is really flat? (It's not, but if it was why would they do this [please don't answer we're going to end up in the same circle jerk I ended up with when "lord" wil came along]})

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2009, 07:58:34 AM »
Financial gain. Don't believe me? Look at all the tax money that goes into faking everything. Do you really think they are spending millions and billions on actually sending stuff to space when spaceflight and low earth orbit is impossible? How else would you convince the people that it's round and profit from it? By faking everything with their own money.

shades

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2009, 08:01:38 AM »
Financial gain. Don't believe me? Look at all the tax money that goes into faking everything. Do you really think they are spending millions and billions on actually sending stuff to space when spaceflight and low earth orbit is impossible? How else would you convince the people that it's round and profit from it? By faking everything with their own money.

Yes but that doesn't really have anything to do with what I said. Also it would cost shitloads of money to fake stuff like the ISS and rocket launches, why don't you just come out and say the earth is flat while still sending 'pretend' rockets into space?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2009, 08:07:09 AM »
Scientist 1: Oh my god! If my calculations are correct, then space flight is impossible!

Scientist 2: The earth must be flat then!

Really people.

Saying 'really people' isn't a point.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2009, 08:14:32 AM »

Yes but that doesn't really have anything to do with what I said. Also it would cost shitloads of money to fake stuff like the ISS and rocket launches, why don't you just come out and say the earth is flat while still sending 'pretend' rockets into space?

Financial losses would occur. Would you continue to fund a project that was fake from the start?

?

Squat

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2009, 08:20:40 AM »

So why are you FE'ers just sitting on here discussiong 'Flat earth' computer games when you should be making enormous efforts to persuade the government bean counters that tax money is being wasted?

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2009, 08:26:36 AM »

So why are you FE'ers just sitting on here discussiong 'Flat earth' computer games when you should be making enormous efforts to persuade the government bean counters that tax money is being wasted?

Actually, for your information, I am a globularist.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2009, 08:48:43 AM »

Financial losses would occur. Would you continue to fund a project that was fake from the start?

But what was the financial incentive for the conspiracy before the space program?  Surely Bavarian Globe Makers couldn't have kept their iron grip that long, could they?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Squat

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2009, 08:54:04 AM »

Can the FE Society not come up with their own arguments?

Why do you feel the need to support them?

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2009, 08:55:52 AM »

Can the FE Society not come up with their own arguments?

Why do you feel the need to support them?

Because I am capable of thinking for myself and studying FET and practicing it proves it. Can you say the same?

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2009, 09:09:10 AM »
The Conspiracy probably has its origins in the discovery that spaceflight is impossible.
When did this discovery take place, and who made it?  Why is spaceflight impossible in FET?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2009, 09:16:57 AM »
The Conspiracy probably has its origins in the discovery that spaceflight is impossible.
When did this discovery take place, and who made it?  Why is spaceflight impossible in FET?

I don't know when or even if it took place. And your last question has been asked many times (indeed quite a lot recently), so I suggest doing a search.

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2009, 06:01:05 PM »
Can I just ask one question, which has probably been asked hundreds of times or is somewhere in the FAQ's. Why, if originally hundreds of years ago everyone on Earth thought the world was flat, then why wouldn't they just keep people believing that instead of publishing scientific finding's saying that the world was in fact round? What is there reason for covering it up? Surely we are protected by the Ice Wall? We cant fall off the side of the Earth, nobody is at risk, so why cover it up by making the Earth appear round?

It would seemingly make no difference to our everyday lives whether the Earth is flat or round? Would it not?! :S