The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker --Flat earth video game?

• 910 Replies

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker --Flat earth video game?
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2010, 09:03:26 PM »
Thank you for such an elegant response. Please stop spamming. Go stick to RM if all you are capable of saying is "You're an idiot."
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2010, 09:15:27 PM »
Thank you for such an elegant response. Please stop spamming. Go stick to RM if all you are capable of saying is "You're an idiot."
It's not spam. I have absolutely no idea where to start with your crap. This thread shouldn't exist anyway. Zelda is in no way representative of real life.

I say again,

/thread.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2010, 09:16:21 PM »
It's not spam. I have absolutely no idea where to start with your crap. This thread shouldn't exist anyway. Zelda is in no way representative of real life.

I say again,

/thread.
Good thing it is about FET in popular culture and not real life application. ;]
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Catchpa

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2010, 03:29:13 AM »
It's a joke thread god damn it!  Stop arguing 2fst4u
The conspiracy do train attack-birds

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2010, 05:10:59 AM »

The game can be considered in ways to be a computer simulation for perspective theory.

That it happens to be a children's game is inconsequential.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 05:44:16 AM by Tom Bishop »

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2010, 06:33:36 AM »
What about the fact that if you sail west, you eventually end up in the east?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2010, 10:01:02 AM »

I say again,

/thread.

No, he's right. The upper boards are not for spam posts. If you have no idea where to start, then don't. Consider this a warning.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2010, 04:06:19 PM »

That would be a simulation of the fabric of space-time bending back upon itself.

The Question1

• Your logic is inferior to my logic.
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2010, 04:26:24 PM »
It's a joke thread god damn it!  Stop arguing 2fst4u
Thank god,i was worried there for second.
As for a flat earth in popular culture i have never heard of it.Most games either have a flat map because i imagine its easier to put in a rectangle(See overworld rpg maps where the land is flat but you can still circle the world) or will overtly annouce the world is round(see animal crossing and mario galaxy.)

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2010, 12:37:06 AM »

That would be a simulation of the fabric of space-time bending back upon itself.

QFwat

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2010, 06:59:44 AM »
As much as this argument is actually rather a good question, games dont take into account curvature for a round planet generally because its just a detail, why have it curved as it does actually take more work then needed to add a pointless detail, and adding more coding into a program could just cause more bugs later on when they update or change said game causing problems with the said coding.

World of Warcraft for example is a VERY large mapped game with multiple zones that makes the planet wide and large, including three continents so far on the world of -azeroth- as its called, they dont add curvature in the distance because the zones eventually end out at sea or the ocean. However its widely known the planet in World of Warcraft is spherical from multiple models of the planet actually inside the game including in the dungeons and in other areas where actual globes of the planet are found. The reason they dont add curvature is because the length of the planet must eventually end in the game and cant continuously sphere around itself.

Quote from: Tom Bishop
I lol'd, I just had to say that.  :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 07:01:27 AM by dude55 »
That would be a simulation of the fabric of space-time bending back upon itself

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2010, 12:16:51 PM »
Or because the areas that they load at any one time are so small that no curvature would be visible in either a flat or round model.

?

Anteater7171

• I am the FAQ!!!
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2010, 11:13:59 PM »
Or because the areas that they load at any one time are so small that no curvature would be visible in either a flat or round model.

Even so there are very few RE games. The only one that comes to mind is spore (however no one likes that game).
I don't remember anything. Well, I do, but it's really vague. Like I was on drugs the whole time.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2010, 11:18:02 PM »

Even so there are very few RE games. The only one that comes to mind is spore (however no one likes that game).
Flight simulator X is RE. It's about the most accurate you'll get.

?

Anteater7171

• I am the FAQ!!!
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2010, 11:20:52 PM »

Except the RE part. Unless it is accurate to some other pseudo-earth.
I don't remember anything. Well, I do, but it's really vague. Like I was on drugs the whole time.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2010, 11:22:17 PM »

What FE game have you seen that is correct in every way without actually warping it's existence to simulate the correct landmasses?

Oh wait... none.

?

Anteater7171

• I am the FAQ!!!
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2010, 12:33:42 AM »

What FE game have you seen that is correct in every way without actually warping it's existence to simulate the correct landmasses?

Oh wait... none.

FE, the game...

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2010, 12:35:12 AM »

Oh wait... none.

FE, the game...
Your inferior response tells me I'm right.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2010, 07:48:36 AM »
The game that started the thread.

« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2010, 08:17:53 AM »
As much as this argument is actually rather a good question, games dont take into account curvature for a round planet generally because its just a detail, why have it curved as it does actually take more work then needed to add a pointless detail, and adding more coding into a program could just cause more bugs later on when they update or change said game causing problems with the said coding.

World of Warcraft for example is a VERY large mapped game with multiple zones that makes the planet wide and large, including three continents so far on the world of -azeroth- as its called, they dont add curvature in the distance because the zones eventually end out at sea or the ocean. However its widely known the planet in World of Warcraft is spherical from multiple models of the planet actually inside the game including in the dungeons and in other areas where actual globes of the planet are found. The reason they dont add curvature is because the length of the planet must eventually end in the game and cant continuously sphere around itself.

Quote from: Tom Bishop
I lol'd, I just had to say that.  :P

and yet, world of warcraft is still very tiny compared to the real size of the earth.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2010, 01:45:33 PM »
That game that started this thread doesn't simulate the real world. The fact that it's AN earth doesn't correlate to anything.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2010, 01:46:58 PM »
That game that started this thread doesn't simulate the real world. The fact that it's AN earth doesn't correlate to anything.
Then neither does any game that portrays a round earth.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2010, 01:53:23 PM »
... I just gave you an example. Flight Simulator X. Are you going to argue that it doesn't simulate the world correctly?

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2010, 01:54:16 PM »
... I just gave you an example. Flight Simulator X. Are you going to argue that it doesn't simulate the world correctly?
The fact that it's AN earth doesn't correlate to anything.

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2010, 01:57:03 PM »
Spores a pretty round earth game, I attempted to make a planet flat using buildings, but was unable because the system would make the buildings seem as if they were facing up.
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2010, 01:57:37 PM »
WTF are you smoking? The fact that it simulates OUR earth accurately, and goddamn accurately at that, means that it has everything to do with the topic at hand.

You're an idiot.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2010, 01:59:53 PM »
WTF are you smoking? The fact that it simulates OUR earth accurately, and goddamn accurately at that, means that it has everything to do with the topic at hand.

You're an idiot.
It does not simulate it accurately. If you are going to continue to only contribute to conversations by calling me an idiot please keep it to RM.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2010, 02:03:35 PM »

You're an idiot.
It does not simulate it accurately. If you are going to continue to only contribute to conversations by calling me an idiot please keep it to RM.
What proof do you have for this statement other than your pre-disposed view towards the shape of the earth (Which are day by day being disproven. I honestly don't see how you can keep this shit up)?

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2010, 02:23:05 PM »
There is no proof for a round earth or flat earth. Only evidence.