About circumnavigate

• 17 Replies
About circumnavigate
« on: July 13, 2009, 07:00:59 AM »
Hi!.

First of all i would like to apologyze for my poor English. I'm a FE believer, and i think that the Earth is flat as posible as it's a globe. Actually, i think it's more possible that this is flat. I believe in the Conspiracy Theory, and in the Ice Wall. But i have a question about circumnavigation. I have flown from Sydney to Buenos Aires, and it took me 14 hours. It's more or less what it took me fly from Los Angeles to Tokyo last year. How is it possible? According to our map, sydney-buenos aires flight should be a lot more long...

Re: About circumnavigate
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 07:56:03 AM »
There are many explanations why the journey took longer. I believe planes deliberately fly slower to make RE seem plausible.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 08:03:57 AM »
I believe planes deliberately fly slower to make RE seem plausible.
Thats the problem with FET. It requires 6+ billion people to fall in line to make the planet seem round. no one is going to make their flight longer just to fool pasengers about the distance traveled. Taxi drivers in big cities do that to tourists because every minute in the cab is more money. On a comercial flight they want to get it done as fast as possible to get the next plane load. The pasengers have alread paid a fixed price in advance. keeping them on board longer has no benifit, and just wasts fuel.

OP: there is nto good explanation for your question. In fact your question supports the RE.
Your god was nailed to a cross. Mine carries a hammer...... any questions?

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 08:15:40 AM »
There are many explanations why the journey took longer. I believe planes deliberately fly slower to make RE seem plausible.
The thing is that planes have to fly at a certain velocity because if not they would crash. I've proved myself this aerial navigation rule. Of course no with a comercial plane, but with a small one made by me. There is a limit velocity, above that, the plane flies, under that, it doesn't. Ok, assuming that, the planes cannot fly slower, (at least, no very slower), so how can i take the same time on both flights?

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 09:53:50 AM »
The thing is that planes have to fly at a certain velocity because if not they would crash. I've proved myself this aerial navigation rule. Of course no with a comercial plane, but with a small one made by me. There is a limit velocity, above that, the plane flies, under that, it doesn't. Ok, assuming that, the planes cannot fly slower, (at least, no very slower), so how can i take the same time on both flights?

Of course planes can fly slower! I've never heard anything so ridiculous in all my life!

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 02:13:18 PM »

Of course planes can fly slower! I've never heard anything so ridiculous in all my life!

It's not ridiculous, and it's easy to explain (and understand), lets see. Airplanes can fly because they "push" air down, and they push it by making the air pass down the wings. And the more quantity of air they push, the more strength they obtain. It's easily demonstrable by making an small experiment. If you make a paper plane and you let it go of, it will fall of to the ground in your feet. But if you let it go of giving him some force to any direction it will fly a bit and will fall of to the ground but not in your feet, but a distance away. If we could manage to apply that force constantly, the plane would fly forever. Now, the comercial planes are bigger than a paper one, and the need to counteract the acceleration of the Earth, and they need a certain quantity of air tu get the push enough to fly. So yes, they have a velocity limit under which the plane would crash.

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 06:26:23 AM »
As there aren't answers, i have to start to believe in RE model...

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 06:35:32 AM »
I'm a RE'er, and i'm all for disproving FE theory, but your paper plane experiment sucks. It has nothing to do with aerodynamic lift, as produced by an aerofoil section, i.e. wing of an aircraft.

However, Bobby Fett, you must be a troll, no-one that is intelligent enough to understand the theory properly would honestly believe that planes fly slower in order to agree with FE. Is every Pilot in the world part of the conspiracy?

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 02:25:36 AM »
I don't think my 'experiment' sucks. Actually, a paper plane flies exactly for the same reason that a comercial one does. (not a helicopter).

However, there isn't even an answer...

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 02:36:54 AM »
Lol, no it doesn't.

Do you know what an aerofoil is. Bog standard paper planes don't have any lift producing sections on them.

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 03:34:03 AM »
And what's the reason, according to you, because the paper planes fly? (Don't tell anybody,  but it's beacuse the shape of their wings)

However, this is not the question, the question is that comercial ones have to fly at a minimum velocity and it makes no sense that they fly slower delibaretely.

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 03:48:14 AM »
I take it English isn't your first language?

Paper planes don't produce lift. I can make a paper aeroplane that flise equally well upside down as it does right way up. Care to explain that?

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 04:41:52 AM »
nice shot! Well, paper planes are not as advanced as comercial ones, obviously, and their wings are flat, and they work both the plane is upside down or it isn't. And if it's not because the shape of their wings, why can they "surf" the air and make loopings, and if instead of making a plane, i make a ball paper, it cannot do it?

PS: No, it's not my first language, in other posts i apologyze for my poor english. I'm curious, how did you notice that?

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 04:46:45 AM »
A couple of bits of grammer weren't quite right. There's no need to apologise for it either.

I understand what you mean, their ability to manouvere is based on the shape they are, that much is correct, but you cannot compare them to an actual aeroplane

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 04:59:22 AM »
Well, it seems that we are arriving to a meeting point. Of course we cannot compare paper planes with comercial ones. They are a very, very simple 'model' of planes. It was just an example to make the explanation simplier. And as the paper is much more light than metal, they don't need a perfect aerofoil to 'mantain' in the air.

However, no we can go back to the main point of the post, how is it possible that a flight from Buenos Aires to Sydney can take the same time than a Los Angeles - Tokyo one?

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 02:06:28 AM »

This makes no sense, as over a million pilots would all have to be involved in the conspiracy theory without motives. Plus, it would be required that all of the tens or hundreds of millions of people who have flown across both hemispheres have failed to notice any difference in velocity. And considering the velocity difference could be as much as 5 times as slow in the northern hemisphere as in the deep southern part (i.e. Buenos Aires and Sydney), surely at least some of the hundreds of millions of people look out their windows and wonder why things are going by slower in the northern hemisphere?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 02:08:17 AM by Pseudointellect »

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 09:19:37 AM »
LOL  ;D ;D ;D

That made my laugh...

There's a simple way to find out if the plane is going slow or fast.... (shhhh... don't tell anyone, is a secret)

LISTEN THE ENGINES OF THE PLANE!!!!!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 10:24:25 AM »
LOL  ;D ;D ;D

That made my laugh...

There's a simple way to find out if the plane is going slow or fast.... (shhhh... don't tell anyone, is a secret)

LISTEN THE ENGINES OF THE PLANE!!!!!

*applauds*
I love have no one from FES has actually given an answer. Are they all conspiring in their secret forum to try and come up with an answer using long words made up by...them and claiming it is all scientific without any actual scientific experiment conducted?

See i can come up with conspiracy theories too. Although it's more likely that they are just a bunch of idiots that the 99% of us who do believe in RE can laugh at.