Flat Earth experiments

• 12 Replies
?

dyno

Flat Earth experiments
« on: July 12, 2009, 04:22:24 AM »
What experiments have been performed? I've never seen anything posted here.

Use the search function. I know for a fact that a number of the FE'ers on this site have performed experiments pertaining to FET.

I've done a search and looked through the FE information repository. I can't find evidence that any FE believer has performed any experiment. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me. The link if you can otherwise the topic and I'll search for it myself.

Re: Flat Earth experiments
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 05:02:47 AM »
Tom Bishop takes people to the beach every day. I also observe the horizon being completely flat at least once a day. I recommend all who are interested about the state of the earth do the same.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 10:26:32 AM »
Read Earth not a Globe.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 11:24:27 AM »
A number of members have gone on record as having performed experiments. I'm not going to go looking for the relevant posts, because frankly it won't be any easier for me to do it than it would be for you.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

dyno

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 05:43:39 AM »
Except none of them have given evidence of having performed any experiment.
ENAG was not written by anyone on this board and negative peer reviews are dismissed.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 07:46:30 PM »
Sadly, Rowbotham cannot be peer reviewed as he was peerless.

On a more serious note, Rowbotham continued his experiments over the course of years in front of crowds of planists and globularists.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

?

trig

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 01:52:41 AM »
Except none of them have given evidence of having performed any experiment.
ENAG was not written by anyone on this board and negative peer reviews are dismissed.
More than a year ago, someone declared he had pointed a laser precisely towards a point about 10 km away, and then measured the angle of the laser against a vertical line with a protractor. He did not like it when I (among others) mentioned that the protractor should be about two meters in diameter to have at least a minimum chance of a meaningful measurement, but at least he claims he did an experiment.

One of the FE theorists wrote somewhere that all the flat earthers have repeated all the experiments in Rowbotham's book, without giving a single piece of evidence or even a record of the design, implementation or results of a single experiment.

?

trig

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 02:11:46 AM »
On a more serious note, Rowbotham continued his experiments over the course of years in front of crowds of planists and globularists.
There are places (in Africa, I think) whose only claim to glory is that they are exactly on the equator (or so they claim).

In those places you will find those who will do the experiment of a sink flushing with a clockwise or counterclockwise vortex, depending on the side of the Equator they are in. Repeating endlessly a flawed experiment in front of a gullible and poorly educated public does not demonstrate anything.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 04:23:41 PM »
Tom Bishop takes people to the beach every day. I also observe the horizon being completely flat at least once a day. I recommend all who are interested about the state of the earth do the same.
The horizon isn't flat. Light bends.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 07:26:12 PM »
I performed a triangle experiment, but my results were dismissed.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

?

utilitarianism

• do you know the muffin man...
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 10:58:01 PM »
I tried, but no RE'er would do the calculations necessary to predict the difference in weight between noon and midnight.
without those calculations, any results I might have would be ignored as based on an incorrect model

?

dyno

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 04:23:34 AM »
I tried, but no RE'er would do the calculations necessary to predict the difference in weight between noon and midnight.
without those calculations, any results I might have would be ignored as based on an incorrect model
do you mean the difference in weight influenced by the sun? do you have a set of scales sensitive enough?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 06:18:05 AM »
I performed a triangle experiment, but my results were dismissed.

That's because your triangle was too small.  Try measuring a triangle the size of the UK and then get back to us.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.