FET = Religion in disguise? + Rant

• 39 Replies

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: FET = Religion in disguise? + Rant
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 01:04:02 AM »
When I was twelve I used to be taken it by this sort of stuff.  Since then I have learn to consider each piece of evidence independently, and avoid being taken-in by narrative, dramatic music or charismatic/concerned-looking participants.

Since then you have learn to take each piece of evidence independently? It appears that nether your English or reasoning skills have improved since those twelve year old days.

You avoid being "taken" in by narrative, what the hell does that mean? Does that mean that you're plugging your ears no matter how convincing the narrative might be? What kind of lame reasoning is that?

The video demonstrates that Project Apollo was based directly on a fiction movie. Every element of Apollo is based directly on Science Fiction. NASA even changed the designs of its space suits after A Space Odyssey came out to match the designs in the movie.

I mean really, who had the bright idea of transporting a 360 foot rocket vertically on a custom platform and not horizontally on trucks and trains like the Russians and Nazi's did with their rockets? It's clear beyond all doubt that NASA was going for shock and awe - to reflect the spectacular events in Frau im Mond.

With NASA it's not a matter of what's necessary or functional. It's "what looks good". NASA is a movie studio through and through.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 01:36:49 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 01:31:07 AM »
When I was twelve I used to be taken it by this sort of stuff.  Since then I have learn to consider each piece of evidence independently, and avoid being taken-in by narrative, dramatic music or charismatic/concerned-looking participants.

Since then you have learn to take each piece of evidence independently? It appears that nether your English or reasoning skills have improved since those twelve year old days.

You avoid being "taken" in by narrative, what the hell does that mean? Does that mean that you're plugging your ears no matter how convincing the narrative might be? What kind of lame stance is that?

The video demonstrates that Project Apollo was based directly on a fiction movie. Every element of Apollo is based directly on Science Fiction. NASA even changed the designs of its space suits after A Space Odyssey came out to match the designs in the movie.

I mean really, who had the bright idea of transporting a 360 foot rocket vertically and not horizontally like the Russians and Nazi's did with their rockets? It's clear beyond all doubt that NASA was going for shock and awe - to reflect the spectacular events in Frau im Mond.

With NASA it's not a matter of what's necessary or functional. It's "what looks good". NASA is a movie studio through and through.

::)
Clothes are proof evolution never happened.

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 04:11:21 AM »

You avoid being "taken" in by narrative, what the hell does that mean? Does that mean that you're plugging your ears no matter how convincing the narrative might be? What kind of lame reasoning is that?

I mean really, who had the bright idea of transporting a 360 foot rocket vertically on a custom platform and not horizontally on trucks and trains like the Russians and Nazi's did with their rockets? It's clear beyond all doubt that NASA was going for shock and awe - to reflect the spectacular events in Frau im Mond.

Tom, why do you claim that NASA take their instruction from movie studios? Isn't it more likely that there is some other higher force at play?

?

dyno

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2009, 05:47:24 AM »
It appears the point FErs are making is that if it exists in Hollywood, it must be fake. Patently absurd.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2009, 09:57:26 AM »
It appears the point FErs are making is that if it exists in Hollywood, it must be fake. Patently absurd.

It's a fact that NASA takes its direction from Hollywood. Why else would they change the design of their space suits right after A Space Odyssey came out? Because a low budget movie studio could build a better space suit than millions of dollars of NASA R&D? Give me a break.

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2009, 10:02:29 AM »

It's a fact that NASA takes its direction from Hollywood. Why else would they change the design of their space suits right after A Space Odyssey came out? Because a low budget movie studio could build a better space suit than millions of dollars of NASA R&D? Give me a break.

It is more likely that NASA gives the instructions to Hollywood, telling them what new technologies they've "discovered" and telling the directors to put them into their films. When NASA finally produces the alien technology they claim to have found (by magic) we're not surprised because we've seen it in the movies.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2009, 10:20:05 AM »

NASA's space suits have evolved over the years.  Why would you consider that odd?
http://space.about.com/od/spaceexplorationtools/tp/spacesuitevolution.htm
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

zork

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2009, 01:34:11 AM »

Yeah, right. Outward design is always most important. Did you know that gray colored spacesuits are 50% better than yellow colored spacesuits? And orange color makes it 20% more efficient as gray. And if you change the some other minor aspect so that suit looks cooler then it automatically gets also better.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2009, 06:44:04 PM »

How about: "If it is physically impossible, but exists in Hollywood, it's pretty damn likely to be fake."
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

?

dyno

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2009, 04:48:01 AM »

How about: "If it is physically impossible, but exists in Hollywood, it's pretty damn likely to be fake."
ah but who decides what is physically impossible? we are arguing from opposing viewpoints. what i believe completely reasonable you see as fantastic. we can't argue plausibility from opinion.