• Flat Earth double agent
Re: ISS in beautiful HD
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 03:26:31 PM »
Nasa - did you guys tidy your room?
Spacemen - Yes
Nasa - hhhmm make a film and prove it

YAWN

Yawn = space-flight is common-place and boring, or

Yawn = space-flight is impossible and spurious talk of it is boring?
"E pur si muove" ("And yet it moves"); Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

?

Skeptek

• White Hats for Whirled Peas
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 03:36:48 PM »
I know it's not directed at me, but my answer is A, space travel is commonplace.

Just how common and boring it really is will become apparent if one were to set their computer to NASA TV and let it play all day long.

After about 9 hours of watching someone do every little tiny task in micro-gravity, you will be quite bored with it, I assure you.  You might also be convinced that faking such footage perfectly, hour after hour, is implausible to the point of negligibility.  Now nerds like myself are fascinated with anything in orbit and will watch as long as there is anything to see, but we are sick like that.
When do we all drink the Kool-Aid?
Enjoy my posts?  Learn more here:
Not just another Flat Earth website... All are welcome.

(Thanks, Daniel.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 01:45:14 AM »
Spacemen - Yes

YAWN

Yawn - watching a man floating around a tunnel showing us where they keep there stuff is a bit boring.

3 Tesla

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 02:21:56 AM »
Spacemen - Yes

YAWN

Yawn - watching a man floating around a tunnel showing us where they keep there stuff is a bit boring.

I'm still not sure if you believe that said tunnel is really "in space/orbit".

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 03:29:16 AM »
Spacemen - Yes

YAWN

why does that make any difference as to whether or not the video of 3 mens attempts to tidy the tunnel is boring or not?

3 Tesla

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 03:50:50 AM »
Spacemen - Yes

YAWN

why does that make any difference as to whether or not the video of 3 mens attempts to tidy the tunnel is boring or not?

Because the possibility/impossibility of space-flight relates to whether the Earth is flat or not.

?

Squat

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 03:57:07 AM »
I used to get an email from the great conspirators telling me when the ISS would be visible from my earthly position.  I don't know if they still send them out, I stopped getting them after I emigrated.

Neither do I know how they do it; you know, make that little bright thing go across the sky in exactly the area they said it would. They may be the great evil to FEers but they're bloody clever, you have to give them that!

3 Tesla

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 04:20:46 AM »
Neither do I know how they do it; you know, make that little bright thing go across the sky in exactly the area they said it would. They may be the great evil to FEers but they're bloody clever, you have to give them that!

The "flares" from the Iridium satellites are also highly and famously predictable:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iridium_flares

This would be hard to fake with "stratellites".

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 06:16:23 AM »
Spacemen - Yes

YAWN

Because the possibility/impossibility of space-flight relates to whether the Earth is flat or not.

The OP was inviting us to watch a video of spacemen in the space station. I was merely commenting that the video made me yawn because they were basically just showing how they'd it tidied up. Whether or not the earth is or isn't flat it and whether or not it was filmed in space or in the vomit comet, it was still a boring video of a spaceman showing that he'd tidied up.

?

Skeptek

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 11:49:30 AM »
The OP was inviting us to watch a video of spacemen in the space station. I was merely commenting that the video made me yawn because they were basically just showing how they'd it tidied up. Whether or not the earth is or isn't flat it and whether or not it was filmed in space or in the vomit comet, it was still a boring video of a spaceman showing that he'd tidied up.
I agree with you and I think everyone here gets your point.

Even though you may not be making a comment either way, the very fact that you (like most people) find it boring shows that sustained orbit is indeed commonplace and also suggests that it is real which would prove the conspiracy doesn't exist.

To state it the way an FE'er might:  "Spaceflight is boring, therefore the Earth is round."

(Thanks, Daniel.

parsec

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 11:54:01 AM »
http://www.ehowa.com/ythd.shtml?movie=-1OTSbIzcwI
Awesome

Nothing loads and there are a bunch of dating ads. This user should be b&.

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 12:36:30 PM »

I agree that the ads are annoying, but it's just an embedded youtube video. Of course, as the title indicates, it is HD, so it requires much more bandwidth and could take longer to load.

parsec

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 12:45:27 PM »
It installs malware that plays subliminal messages.

3 Tesla

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 12:50:38 PM »

How do we know that we aren't being exposed to subliminal messages by coming to this suite?

Edit: great typo (which makes sense) - that should be site!

parsec

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 12:51:38 PM »
Because I don't have to wear my tinfoil hat.

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 01:21:11 PM »
So youtube has joined the conspiracy, or were they already since they were bought by google? Of course, Adobe is also probably a conspirator to allow Youtube's web application actually install malware with their browser plugin. If youtube can no longer be trusted, how should video evidence be presented to you? It doesn't appear this forum will host videos or images.

parsec

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 01:22:06 PM »
Video is not accepted as evidence. It seems you haven't read the FAQ.

3 Tesla

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 01:24:43 PM »

Neither has Levee (Straits of Gibraltar), then ...

?

Squat

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 01:28:34 PM »

I don't believe that the word 'video' appears in the FAQ.

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 01:34:28 PM »

It does, actually. It seems to contradict bridget.
Q: "If you go directly south won't you eventually fall off the edge of the Earth?"

A: Yes, you will. In order to use this fact as proof you need to record a video of someone flying directly south around the world without falling off the edge. Furthermore you need to prove that your navigational equipment allows you to travel directly south without deviating.

?

Squat

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 01:37:33 PM »

Q: "If you go directly south won't you eventually fall off the edge of the Earth?"

A: Yes, you will. In order to use this fact as proof you need to record a video of someone flying directly south around the world without falling off the edge. Furthermore you need to prove that your navigational equipment allows you to travel directly south without deviating.

Bummer,  I missed that (note to self, accuracy is paramount). Thank you for pointing that out and yes I have to agree with you, video evidence would appear to be acceptable.

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 04:15:00 PM »
Bummer,  I missed that (note to self, accuracy is paramount). Thank you for pointing that out and yes I have to agree with you, video evidence would appear to be acceptable.

Unless of course, any video proves the Earth is round. In which case its not acceptable.
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

?

Skeptek

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 05:29:11 PM »
I used to get an email from the great conspirators telling me when the ISS would be visible from my earthly position.  I don't know if they still send them out, I stopped getting them after I emigrated.

"Holographic projectors."  I've seen it said on this site, I swear!

It really is beautiful, dyno.  Thanks for giving us some perspective.  I'm a big fan of NASA TV, especially the long shots from the end of the shuttle's boom-arm when it's docked.  Sometimes you'll get the shuttle and the ISS in one shot with the Earth screaming by underneath.  Does anyone know how much footage has been accumulated over the years?  There's a trivia question for ya.

Ya know what?  I may have just figured out WHY FE'ers do it.  They are trying to get a free trip into orbit to see for themselves!  It's the perfect ploy.  They get the ride of a lifetime in return for denouncing something they never really believed anyway.  Why didn't I think of this sooner?  I can't be the first one to come up with this one... no way.

(Thanks, Daniel.

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 11:21:54 PM »

Unless of course, any video proves the Earth is round. In which case its not acceptable.

Because the Earth is flat, duh? Wait no oops, I had a retard-moment. I've had the most hilarious time perusing this site. It seems that any evidence proving a round Earth is always shot down as "fake", "staged", or "unacceptable". Yet whenever similarly-found evidence appears in favor of FET, it goes without say.

Cool!

?

dyno

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 06:05:51 AM »
I just think it's a beautiful illustration of mankind's achievements. For the skeptics it is also a very long and high quality video should they wish to peruse it for faked bits.

3 Tesla

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 06:29:10 AM »
I just think it's a beautiful illustration of mankind's achievements.

House-keeping in low Earth orbit ...

At once thrilling and amazing, and yet terribly dull in equal measure!

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2009, 03:16:51 PM »
"Holographic projectors."  I've seen it said on this site, I swear!

Hehe.

Technology from Star Wars films: acceptable

Photographic evidence from multiple sources: unacceptable
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2009, 03:41:52 PM »

Then the FEers would accuse the people who made the video of using magnets to influence the nav equipment.
The Flat Earth Society: The earth is the shape of a coin and our brains are the size of it.