Limits of Modern Navigation Methods

• 4 Replies
?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
Limits of Modern Navigation Methods
« on: June 28, 2009, 12:48:13 PM »
European exploration and colonialism from the fifteenth century onwards were largely possible because of use of the magnetic compass and an increase in the precision of the sextant.  This is documented in 'Christopher Columbus and the Participation of the Jews in the the Spanish and Potuguese Voyages of Discovery' by Meyer Kayserling.
http://books.google.com/books?id=w-eWE_qYqToC&dq=christopher+columbus,+meyer+kayserling&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=m5uuF-mzg8&sig=jVgQJjeRmtYSplMmLIRYqI-mxHA&hl=en&ei=n8BHSuvuBMmVtgfVjYG-Bg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1

In spite of the compass and the sextant, most or all of these european explorers have been unable to find certain biblical lands and other significant geographical places such as the mountain in the arctic ocean spoken of by the prophet Isaiah (in chapter 14) or the garden of Eden or the islands of the seven tablets mentioned in the Book of Enoch and certain Byzantine prophecies, and certainly the wall at edge of the world and the doors therein.

Modern navigation is limited to the techniques upon which it relies.  For example, the mountain in the arctic.  It is false to claim that no uncharted islands exist in the arctic ocean or to claim that a tentative chart of the arctic which excludes such islands is definitive.  Arctic charts which are constructed based on reckonings made by sea voyages using modern navigation techniques are inaccurate and exclude a great deal of uncharted area.  The alleged "north pole" of Robert Peary and Hyman Rickover is but an arbitrary point in the far north, and the modern arctic charts are false.  Submarines passing underneath prove absolutely nothing except the confirmation of the ignorance of modern arctic geography.  Even Gerhard Mercator believed in the northern mountain which indicates the decline of geography since his time. Modern Geography has become very exacting with a corresponding loss of perception of the big picture.  The following chart drawn by Mercator in the late 1500's depicts the arctic mountain surrounded by four islands.
http://www.helmink.com/Antique_Map_Mercator_North_Pole_2/

By comparison, a sixth century chart depicting that same northern mountain reveals the recognition of the significance of this mountain by the ancients, especially by early Christians:
http://gate.henry-davis.com/MAPS/EMwebpages/202C.html

To reach the mountain in the arctic would require methods which are not dependent upon a compass.

?

Squat

Re: Limits of Modern Navigation Methods
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 01:07:08 PM »

In spite of the compass and the sextant, most or all of these european explorers have been unable to find certain biblical lands and other significant geographical places such as the mountain in the arctic ocean spoken of by the prophet Isaiah (in chapter 14) or the garden of Eden or the islands of the seven tablets mentioned in the Book of Enoch and certain Byzantine prophecies, and certainly the wall at edge of the world and the doors therein.

I have been unable to find an explanation of where the Land of Nod came from. You know, the one where Cain went to after killing Abel. There's no mention of it in the first chapters of Genesis but Cain was worried that he'd be shunned by the people when he left Eden.  This requires there to be people that developed alongside Adam, Eve and his sons.

So personally I think it's more  a problem with the bible than navigators.

3 Tesla

• Flat Earth double agent
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 01:11:46 PM »
In spite of the compass and the sextant, most or all of these european explorers have been unable to find certain biblical lands and other significant geographical places such as the mountain in the arctic ocean spoken of by the prophet Isaiah (in chapter 14)

Exactly where in Chapter 14 does it mention The Arctic?
"E pur si muove" ("And yet it moves"); Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 07:44:27 PM »
Quote from: 3 Tesla
Exactly where in Chapter 14 does it mention The Arctic?

Isaiah chapter 14 verse 13 states that the lofty mountain is located in the north.  The context is Satan's ambition:

"But thou saidst in thine heart, I will go up to heaven, I will set my throne above the stars of heaven: I will sit on a lofty mount, on the lofty mountains toward the north."
http://www.ecmarsh.com/lxx/Esaias/index.htm

This verse has been interpreted by many Church Fathers to mean the mount is located in a warm region known to the ancients as hyperborea located to the north of the arctic.  The fourth century geography by the Scythian (Russian) travel writer Aethicus of Istria wrote much about this.

-----------------------------------------------

Merriam-Webster's On-line dictionary:

HYPERBOREAN -  a member of a people held by the ancient Greeks to live beyond the north wind in a region of perpetual sunshine

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hyperborean

?

utilitarianism

• do you know the muffin man...
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 08:37:57 PM »
I noticed in the bible it says that man was created with the animals. Adam and Eve are merely the first humans created in the image of god