"Circumnavigation" in the Northern/Southern hemispheres...erm, discs

• 11 Replies
?

Ejak2021

• UA = Plasma Thrusters
The FAQ says you can circumnavigate the Earth by flying East or West, and arrive where you started your trip.  Now, the further South you go in FET, the longer your trip will be.  So, you take two planes, put one at 50* North and one a 50* South, at the same longitude; then, you send them both West.  The North plane should arrive at it's starting point long before the Southern plane arrives at its own.  But...they'll get there at about the same time.  Explain pl0x.

Now, I haven't done this experiment, I'm just going to say that so you don't have to ask.  But planes in the Southern hemisphere don't carry 4 times the fuel that planes in the Northern hemisphere-disc do.

Re: "Circumnavigation" in the Northern/Southern hemispheres...erm, discs
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 12:01:56 PM »
They dont have to carry 4 times the fuel...WE've developed a super fuel that we only use for southern hemisphere trips. Also they use teleportation, just because...

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 12:14:09 PM »
I haven't been to the debate forums in a while.  But why not.

I just have one thing to add, Clipper route.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 02:25:38 PM »
Oh dear, FET broken again. Quick, patch it up with sticky tape and excuses!
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 06:40:17 PM »
This will go down like a ton of shit.
Remember: Scepticism is apparently the same as evidence.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 10:07:43 PM »
this is an old argument. Their best reply, is that EVERY first flight in the SH crashed due to lack of fuel, so they took more blindly without thinking about it. And Jet streams which go in every direction simultaneously account for the extra speed needed. AKA... BULLSHIT and the earth is damn round.
But a sure-fire method would be to land on the top side of the sun.

3 Tesla

• Flat Earth double agent
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 01:17:40 PM »
Now, I haven't done this experiment, I'm just going to say that so you don't have to ask.  But planes in the Southern hemisphere don't carry 4 times the fuel that planes in the Northern hemisphere-disc do.

How do you know this? Do you personally refuel every plane that takes off? Etc etc...

Nice piece of satire, dude!
"E pur si muove" ("And yet it moves"); Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

3 Tesla

• Flat Earth double agent
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 01:19:31 PM »
this is an old argument. Their best reply, is that EVERY first flight in the SH crashed due to lack of fuel, so they took more blindly without thinking about it. And Jet streams which go in every direction simultaneously account for the extra speed needed. AKA... BULLSHIT and the earth is damn round.

Maybe these magical jet-streams are like conveyor belts?

East-west at low altitude and west-east higher up?

Makes sense to me (!)
"E pur si muove" ("And yet it moves"); Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 10:02:53 PM »
except they dont fly at diff hights, and they go north/south too
But a sure-fire method would be to land on the top side of the sun.

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 05:26:40 PM »
Thread abandoned by FES due to lack of excuses.
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

?

Atom Man

• Watch out for that tree
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 12:18:58 AM »
Hey KillaBee
Do you drive a car?
Do you refuel that car?
What happens if you don't put petrol in it?
Would you expect that every car would show the same result?
If you don't refuel every car that has ever existed how can you be sure?

One of the first cars I owned had broken fuel gauge. I knew this when I bought the car so I always carried a Jerry can. On more than one occasion the car stalled. Every time this happened, I used the Jerry can to fill up the car again. What do you know, the car would start again. Using logical reasoning, please give an explanation of why this happened.

On a related point. I have a friend who is in the RAAF, he refuels both Australian and U.S military air craft. Air craft of similar sizes require similar volumes of fuel. Now he does not refuel every RAAF and US AF plane. But if I were a betting man...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 03:47:32 AM by Atom Man »
Urinal Etiquette is like Ghost Busting: Never Cross the Streams

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 02:40:01 PM »

How do you know this? Do you personally refuel every plane that takes off? Etc etc...

Yes. I do. Fact. I refuel every plane. You asked a ridiculous question so I gave a ridiculous answer.

I still don't see how anyone can take this theory seriously, when basically it's the most dogmatic thing ever espoused by anyone (or group...).

You can't discredit someone by confronting them with ridiculous and unattainable ultimatums. You can't just pull out the "well you didn't do X so therefore B is incorrect". That's crap. If we allow that, why not just say "I'm right because I feel like it, and you're wrong because I feel like it".

This form of thought/debate simply asserts the fact that this whole theory, website, and ideal is just a farce.