Teleportation!

• 15 Replies
Teleportation!
« on: June 25, 2006, 05:43:46 PM »
Teleportation!

Did you know that in WWII, the government teleported a battleship, and killed all 2000 people on it?  Who believes this?  If you do, just say "I'm a n00b", if you don't say "I'm smart"
url=www.damocles.on.nimp.org]Proof the Earth is flat[/url]

Duke

Teleportation!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 07:32:00 AM »
The U.S. conducted an experiment in teleportation with the U.S.S. Philadelphia, a battleship. They tried to transport it from...I believe somewhere on the coast into lake Erie, or some sh*t like that. With a full crew on board. And it worked, but the crew were melted into the steel of the ship, missing legs, decapitated, or simply disappeared. It's farfecthed, but there are several books on it and some amount of proof.
f you can't make it, fake it.

Teleportation!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 11:14:36 AM »
The only source for this story was a man that claimed he was a sailor and saw this during WW2. The man turned out to never of been a sailor. And it turned out he was a con-artist.

Complete fiction.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Teleportation!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 11:33:01 AM »
What happened before it got all sci fi, was that the ship was in port to be degaused.  This was done, for the most part, on minesweeping ships to reduce the chance of setting off a mine.  The story just escalated from there by someone looking to become famous.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Teleportation!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 11:58:54 AM »
What do you actually mean by teleportation.

Going a certain distance over almost no time?
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teleportation!
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 01:21:21 PM »
we have done teleportation of sorts in some recent experiments. I don't remember who performed the experiment or the exact details of it but it involved putting some nickel atoms at one end of a long fiber-optics glass tube, then hitting them with a very powerful laser. and then instantaniously they appears at the other end of the tube. The only problem is that not all of them appeared, some remained destroyed, and they we not in the same arrangement as they were previously. It's not "beam me up scotty", but it's a start.

Teleportation!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 01:23:43 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"
What happened before it got all sci fi, was that the ship was in port to be degaused.  This was done, for the most part, on minesweeping ships to reduce the chance of setting off a mine.  The story just escalated from there by someone looking to become famous.

For those that don't know what degaussing does, it reduces the magnetic signature of magnetic components of the ship (ie, hull). thereby reducing the chances of setting off the magnetic triggers on a watermine.

Teleportation!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 05:41:32 AM »
well there are several experiments that have been conducted using superstring theory.

basically they give an atom certain properties that identify it from all other atoms in the universe, do nasty things to it and it appears at the other end of the laboratory without transversing the space in between.

Teleportation!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 08:25:01 PM »
Could you be a bit more specific Dr. Quak, it seems really interesting
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

Teleportation!
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 11:48:07 PM »
I KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE DUNNIT MAAAN!

Teleportation!
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 11:54:53 PM »
Stupid... but entertaining nonetheless

Advocatus Diaboli

Teleportation!
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006, 02:36:27 AM »
I'll try to be a bit more specific, but i only know what i have read in journals.

Bascially they entangle two atoms (which bassically means they are made into quantum number pairs). They then send one atom to one side of the room, and the other atom to the other side of the room (theory states that you could take the two atoms to the other side of the universe and they would still be entagled). You then perform some actions on atom 1, and the same actions will appear on atom 2. Therefore the information that was held on the first atom is transfered to the second atom.

I believe this has been done up to a distance of about a kilometer.

But i know very little about it

here is a Wiki on Quantum entanglement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement

and on quantum transportation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_teleportation

Teleportation!
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2006, 10:47:03 AM »
Ok,  I read the articles, and I as much as it is just cool, I dont see any practical application, as many times in the Wikipedia article it was saying how there cannot be energy or matter transfer, ealier they were talking about warships being teleported.  So is there any practical or even theoretically practical application of this teleportation

Advocatus Diaboli

Teleportation!
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2006, 01:20:17 PM »
I hope your testicles explode and give you sepsis, you stinking pile of horse shit

Advocatus Diaboli

Teleportation!
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2006, 06:01:57 PM »
Welll the answer to that is that they didn't do it ;-)

first of all they wouldn't use a whole damn battleship in the middle of a war.... you sorta need those thing out shooting at stuff. They would use a car or, if it had to be waterbound, a yaught.

Re: Yeah
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2006, 07:39:54 PM »
Quote from: "Sarthos"
If they could teleport a Battleship over 60 years ago, then I could teleport my nipples to France today.  And, from there, my nipples would teleport my fists right into your faces and kill some of you, yet from hitting you, if you didn't die, it would probably rearrange your face and make you look better.  Peace Out Chuck Norris for el Presidente.

You fail for even considering that refrencing Chuck Norris would be remotely funny.

Oh, right. MAAAAN!

Quote from: "CrimsonKing"
I hope your testicles explode and give you sepsis, you stinking pile of horse shit

You win for being totally awesome. Have a free Internets.

...MAAAN.

(That's my theme)