4 Points FE falls down on *Still waiting on a valid response*

• 154 Replies
Re: 4 Points FE falls down on *Countdown: 7 Days*
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 07:29:32 PM »
Hate to barge in on this, but it brings back fond memories of when TheEngineer already covered this topic countless times in the past.
Considering there are 4 topics, not just 1, which one did TheEngineer manage to rewrite the law of physics for?

None of them.
So then they all still stand as being valid rebuttals to FET then?
Sweet, glad I bought them back up again.

No.

That is such a compelling argument for FET.
Are any of you FE believers going to actually even try and attempt to come up with any rebuttal to the points I made or just pretend they have been made before, which they haven't?

Your question specifically called upon user TheEngineer to "rewrite the laws of physics," something he did not do because he didn't have to.  It is not my fault you cannot word your questions correctly.

For more on TheEngineer and GPS (as it was his favorite subject, second perhaps to his amazement at how everyone thought him a douchebag), see the following threads:
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=11864.0
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=28979.0
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=25785.0
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=14339.msg229835#msg229835
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=17401.msg307949#msg307949
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=9382.0

So, as you can see, you really haven't brought up anything original.  Hey.  At least you can say you tried.
*SIGH*
Firstly you have selective reading if you think GPS was all that I have mentioned.
Secondly, he runs into the same problem everyone elese who believes GPS is aerial or ground based. It is true that GPS does theoretically not have to be in space to work but:
"The idea of psudeolites is not possible due to the strength of the signals needed to cover the range would be ridiculously huge. We're talking Kilowatts. To then say that thousands of planes are carrying these generators is absurd due to the cost, and the fact that a planes flight path is not accurate enough to give sub-meter precision. Plus how come all these planes are not spotted? Where are they kept as they would have to refuel? And what the hell would the point be as this scheme would cost billions to maintain, if it was feasible, which is isn't."
He never answered any of those points.
So please, can you, or can you find someone who can answer how GPS is possible when satellites don't exist.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 07:32:26 PM by mazty88 »

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
Re: 4 Points FE falls down on *Countdown: 6 Days*
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2009, 07:56:31 PM »
*SIGH*
Firstly you have selective reading if you think GPS was all that I have mentioned.
Secondly, he runs into the same problem everyone else who believes GPS is aerial or ground based. It is true that GPS does theoretically not have to be in space to work but:
"The idea of psudeolites is not possible due to the strength of the signals needed to cover the range would be ridiculously huge. We're talking Kilowatts. To then say that thousands of planes are carrying these generators is absurd due to the cost, and the fact that a planes flight path is not accurate enough to give sub-meter precision. Plus how come all these planes are not spotted? Where are they kept as they would have to refuel? And what the hell would the point be as this scheme would cost billions to maintain, if it was feasible, which is isn't."
So please, can you, or can you find someone who can answer how GPS is possible when satellites don't exist.

I must say, I'd much prefer it if you had spaces between your paragraphs.  It would be less of a burden on the eyes to read them and, as an added plus, they'd be more organized.

Coming away from that, I do want you to know that I did in fact read the entirety of your post.  However, I felt that most of the counterpoints to each of your presented argument were?shall we say?rather self-explanatory.

Let's have a look, then?

These are just a few questions that I never had answered/disproved by a FE believer:

1) How come when mapping and surveying over a large distance, you have to factor in equations for the curvature of the earth otherwise the results are wrong?

Clearly a pro-conspiracy book.  Have you actually tested these yourself?  I'm not really up to speed on what is hot off the press for FET, but I do know (if I am correct) that there is a theory about "bendy light."  Perhaps you should look into that.

2) How is GPS possible on a flat earth? The idea of psudeolites is not possible due to the strength of the signals needed to cover the range would be ridiculously huge. We're talking Kilowatts. To then say that thousands of planes are carrying these generators is absurd due to the cost, and the fact that a planes flight path is not accurate enough to give sub-meter precision. Plus how come all these planes are not spotted? Where are the kept as they would have to refuel? And what the hell would the point be as this scheme would cost billions to maintain, if it was feasible, which is isn't.

Surely you can see that this has been covered before.  Furthermore, stealth vehicles, U.F.O.s, etc. could be used here to explain it all away.  Also, you might want to consort the Conspiracy Compendium for more information on that.

3)No one has yet shown how AVHRR corner reflector data is falsified. The existence of this data proves the existence of satellites.
3ii) No one has yet shown how GVD is falsified. The existence of this data proves the existence of satellites.

This one's simple: it was all faked.  Clearly the Conspiracy has gotten to you!

4) How does the sun emit this hot light? It cannot be constantly emitting energy through fusion, as a key element for fusion in the sun is gravity due to it's mass, according to RET.

Last I knew, it operated like a spotlight.

4ii) What the hell is cold light? How on earth do you have cold light? Light and electromagnetic waves of any frequency will heat surfaces that absorb them.

This one is new to me, so I'm not sure.  I do, however, have a feeling it has been discussed before.

So.  Satisfied?  Of course not.  You'll feel cheated, perhaps, and in your frustration, you'll rant on and on about how pathetic and ignorant and obviously stupid we are.  So go ahead.  But remember: by tomorrow, you're yesterday's news.

Old hat, I'm afraid.  Cheerio!

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2009, 08:15:33 PM »
*SIGH*
Secondly, he runs into the same problem everyone else who believes GPS is aerial or ground based. It is true that GPS does theoretically not have to be in space to work but:

I must say, I'd much prefer it if you had spaces between your paragraphs.  It would be less of a burden on the eyes to read them and, as an added plus, they'd be more organized.

Coming away from that, I do want you to know that I did in fact read the entirety of your post.  However, I felt that most of the counterpoints to each of your presented argument were?shall we say?rather self-explanatory.

Let's have a look, then?

These are just a few questions that I never had answered/disproved by a FE believer:

1) How come when mapping and surveying over a large distance, you have to factor in equations for the curvature of the earth otherwise the results are wrong?

Clearly a pro-conspiracy book.  Have you actually tested these yourself?  I'm not really up to speed on what is hot off the press for FET, but I do know (if I am correct) that there is a theory about "bendy light."  Perhaps you should look into that.

2) How is GPS possible on a flat earth? The idea of psudeolites is not possible due to the strength of the signals needed to cover the range would be ridiculously huge. We're talking Kilowatts. To then say that thousands of planes are carrying these generators is absurd due to the cost, and the fact that a planes flight path is not accurate enough to give sub-meter precision. Plus how come all these planes are not spotted? Where are the kept as they would have to refuel? And what the hell would the point be as this scheme would cost billions to maintain, if it was feasible, which is isn't.

Surely you can see that this has been covered before.  Furthermore, stealth vehicles, U.F.O.s, etc. could be used here to explain it all away.  Also, you might want to consort the Conspiracy Compendium for more information on that.

3)No one has yet shown how AVHRR corner reflector data is falsified. The existence of this data proves the existence of satellites.
3ii) No one has yet shown how GVD is falsified. The existence of this data proves the existence of satellites.

This one's simple: it was all faked.  Clearly the Conspiracy has gotten to you!

4) How does the sun emit this hot light? It cannot be constantly emitting energy through fusion, as a key element for fusion in the sun is gravity due to it's mass, according to RET.

Last I knew, it operated like a spotlight.

4ii) What the hell is cold light? How on earth do you have cold light? Light and electromagnetic waves of any frequency will heat surfaces that absorb them.

This one is new to me, so I'm not sure.  I do, however, have a feeling it has been discussed before.

So.  Satisfied?  Of course not.  You'll feel cheated, perhaps, and in your frustration, you'll rant on and on about how pathetic and ignorant and obviously stupid we are.  So go ahead.  But remember: by tomorrow, you're yesterday's news.

Old hat, I'm afraid.  Cheerio!

Well I have to applaud you for giving the points a shot at instead of resorting to name calling.

Onto the debate:

1)No, not a pro-conspiracy book. You can check the measurements taken to benchmarks, which of course are right, otherwise all the buildings in most modern countries would collapse.
Have I tested it? Yes, yes I have, and it works. And the bendy light theory unfortunately would never work, otherwise most surveying instruments would never work.

2) Again, claiming ufos etc is like claiming that the there is an afterlife, God is made out of candy floss, and that we are all the day dream of an autistic child. It's all very nice to say it's because of "the conspiracy", but there needs to be proof for this. Doubt & scepticism do not equal proof.

3i & 3ii) No, it was not "all faked". Unless I have a suit watching me 24/7, as well as every other satellite imagery customer, then  the results are not faked. Again, scepticism does not equal proof. Plus using the path of logic that "it's all lies because of a conspiracy", just allows someone to say that you are actually the conspiracy trying to convert people because of *insert whatever reason here*.

4) Well it's all nice saying the sun is like a spotlight, but a spotlight has to have a power source. It is that which I am curious about.
4ii) Probably best that cold light is new to you because it really needs looking at. It works on the misconception that IR = heat, when in fact all EM radiation causes heat.

Shame about the gobby ending remark, but you have tried more than the other two FE believers in this thread, so my hat goes off to you.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 08:27:14 PM by mazty88 »

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2009, 08:17:59 PM »
I do not approve of your use of the phrase "other two."  Could you clarify?

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2009, 08:20:34 PM »
Approve? It's in no way derogatory, but the other two believers who commented are General Douchbag, who lied about his rebuttals to the points, and Bridget who jumped in and trolled the thread after I corrected her on the workings of EM radiation.

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2009, 10:30:18 PM »
Approve? It's in no way derogatory, but the other two believers who commented are General Douchbag, who lied about his rebuttals to the points, and Bridget who jumped in and trolled the thread after I corrected her on the workings of EM radiation.

Then I question your use of the term "believers."  In fact, I dispute its use.

parsec

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2009, 10:32:47 PM »
I corrected her on the workings of EM radiation.
lolwut?

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2009, 05:12:29 AM »

Unfortunately, FET has very little proof behind itself, and no one has been able to disprove my points. Doubt and scepticism are not proof of anything.
FET claims there is an ice wall. There is no evidence for this wall.
FET claims there is a conspiracy. There is no evidence for this conspiracy.
FET claim the sun is only 32 miles wide and that light bends. There is no proof for any of this.

I may as well claim that the earth is a pyramid, and that you guys are just part of a conspiracy to try and distract people away from the 'truth' that the earth is a pyramid.

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2009, 05:13:13 AM »
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 05:14:49 AM by mazty88 »

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2009, 09:11:58 AM »
Approve? It's in no way derogatory, but the other two believers who commented are General Douchebag, who lied about his rebuttals to the points, and Bridget who jumped in and trolled the thread after I corrected her on the workings of EM radiation.

Unfortunately, FET has very little proof behind itself, and no one has been able to disprove my points. Doubt and scepticism are not proof of anything.
FET claim the sun is only 32 miles wide and that light bends. There is no proof for any of this.

I may as well claim that the earth is a pyramid, and that you guys are just part of a conspiracy to try and distract people away from the 'truth' that the earth is a pyramid.

You misunderstand.  I'm not against you calling those of us who have asserted a belief in the Flat Earth Theory.  I am against you using it as a sweeping term for every FET proponent you meet, especially when you haven't the slightest if they are one way or the other.

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2009, 09:54:45 AM »
Approve? It's in no way derogatory, but the other two believers who commented are General Douchebag, who lied about his rebuttals to the points, and Bridget who jumped in and trolled the thread after I corrected her on the workings of EM radiation.

You misunderstand.  I'm not against you calling those of us who have asserted a belief in the Flat Earth Theory.  I am against you using it as a sweeping term for every FET proponent you meet, especially when you haven't the slightest if they are one way or the other.
I'm 99.99% sure that both Bridget and General DB are both believers of FET. This point going anywhere...?

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2009, 09:08:53 PM »

I'm 99.99% sure that both Bridget and General DB are both believers of FET. This point going anywhere...?

The point is this: one does not have to believe in something for one to be an advocate for it.

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2009, 09:27:34 PM »
Quote from: BOGWarrior89

The point is this: one does not have to believe in something for one to be an advocate for it.

While this may be a true statement by the exact definition of each word in the sentence, it possesses a hypocritical implication.  It is not logical to advocate something you do not believe in.  Since a belief is any cognitive content held as "true," and cognition is the psychological result of perception, learning, and reason, then it would be unreasonable to suggest that someone advocates something they do not believe in.

Additionally, it has nothing to do with the points presented by matzy as it relates to the topic of this thread.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 09:29:30 PM by DarthN00bius »
If there is anything that this horrible tragedy can teach us, it's that an RE'er's life is a precious commodity. Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident.

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2009, 10:07:31 PM »

While this may be a true statement by the exact definition of each word in the sentence, it possesses a hypocritical implication.  It is not logical to advocate something you do not believe in.  Since a belief is any cognitive content held as "true," and cognition is the psychological result of perception, learning, and reason, then it would be unreasonable to suggest that someone advocates something they do not believe in.

Additionally, it has nothing to do with the points presented by matzy as it relates to the topic of this thread.

It actually is logical for someone to advocate something he or she does not believe in.

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2009, 04:34:23 AM »

It actually is logical for someone to advocate something he or she does not believe in.

Get back on topic. No one cares about pedantic, meaningless grammar points.
And not to mention, time is running out. If you cannot refute the evidence which clearly shows a round earth, just means all FE believers are full of shit.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 04:43:10 AM by mazty88 »

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
Re: 4 Points FE falls down on *Countdown: 5 Days*
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2009, 09:47:27 AM »

While this may be a true statement by the exact definition of each word in the sentence, it possesses a hypocritical implication.  It is not logical to advocate something you do not believe in.  Since a belief is any cognitive content held as "true," and cognition is the psychological result of perception, learning, and reason, then it would be unreasonable to suggest that someone advocates something they do not believe in.

And not to mention, time is running out. If you cannot refute the evidence which clearly shows a round earth, just means all FE believers are full of shit.

Nothing about any of BOGwarriors posts attacked your grammar at any stage, although he could be forgiven as it's appalling.

Time is not running out, your countdown has been going on despite answers having been on this very site for over a year apiece. What are you even counting down anyway, given that and your self-proclaimed searching prowess?
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2009, 02:44:34 PM »

While this may be a true statement by the exact definition of each word in the sentence, it possesses a hypocritical implication.  It is not logical to advocate something you do not believe in.  Since a belief is any cognitive content held as "true," and cognition is the psychological result of perception, learning, and reason, then it would be unreasonable to suggest that someone advocates something they do not believe in.

Nothing about any of BOGwarriors posts attacked your grammar at any stage, although he could be forgiven as it's appalling.

Time is not running out, your countdown has been going on despite answers having been on this very site for over a year apiece. What are you even counting down anyway, given that and your self-proclaimed searching prowess?
1)Get back on topic.
2)Please give me those answers if you are so adamant they exist.  :)

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2009, 05:02:20 PM »
I fail to see how dodging the point of the post while posting that you know the answers are around yet not pointing to them makes an argument.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
Re: 4 Points FE falls down on *Countdown: 4 Days*
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2009, 01:17:49 PM »
Since he claims he's already done a search he's already seen and ignored them, and posting them again here would be a waste of my time and hosting costs.

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2009, 05:50:47 PM »
Since he claims he's already done a search he's already seen and ignored them, and posting them again here would be a waste of my time and hosting costs.
Uhuh....yep another bail-out because you have jack-shit all points backing you up.
Claim it's there then runaway. Nice one...

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2009, 09:16:45 PM »

If they're true counter, then does it matter? >_>

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: 4 Points FE falls down on *Countdown: 3 Days*
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 09:38:43 PM »
Is the countdown over yet?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

parsec

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2009, 10:41:30 PM »
I will laugh my ass off when one of the mods deletes this thread on the last day.

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2009, 05:11:59 AM »
I will laugh my ass off when one of the mods deletes this thread on the last day.

And why would one do that? Oh yes, because an "lolwut" or another inane replies.
So you pretend the facts aren't there, and that the earth may be flat. Keep living the lie, no wonder you guys are laughed at for being 'speshal'/brain-dead.

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2009, 05:13:38 AM »
Is the countdown over yet?
Can't count? Bless, once you've mastered that, maybe you'll stop posting inane, off topic posts.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2009, 05:50:30 AM »
What's going to happen when it ends anyway? Do we all have a big party to celebrate your ignorance? I hope so, because I baked a delicious cake. Do you like cake?

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2009, 05:55:04 AM »
What's going to happen when it ends anyway? Do we all have a big party to celebrate your ignorance? I hope so, because I baked a delicious cake. Do you like cake?

I do indeed. But considering you have yet to provide ANY evidence to refute the facts I presented, it is your evidence.
Saying "search" simply means you think they have been answered before, but no GPS thread, or any other thread, covers the point's I made.
If not, prove me wrong. I know that you would love to, so why don't you?

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2009, 05:58:11 AM »
It's too bad you're not a regular yet.

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2009, 06:15:00 AM »
It's too bad you're not a regular yet.

Can you shed some light to where the surveying techniques, GVD, AVHRR, and GPS has been proven to work on a flat earth ?

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2009, 06:29:23 AM »

I do indeed. But considering you have yet to provide ANY evidence to refute the facts I presented, it is your evidence.
Saying "search" simply means you think they have been answered before, but no GPS thread, or any other thread, covers the point's I made.
If not, prove me wrong. I know that you would love to, so why don't you?

Odd considering I have posted in threads addressing these points myself. Perhaps not your threads on the matter, but ones belonging to those who thought of this long before you. Also lol@paedo.