4 Points FE falls down on *Still waiting on a valid response*

• 154 Replies
Re: 4 Points FE falls down on *Countdown: 3 Days*
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2009, 06:33:01 AM »
What's going to happen when it ends anyway? Do we all have a big party to celebrate your ignorance? I hope so, because I baked a delicious cake. Do you like cake?

I do indeed. But considering you have yet to provide ANY evidence to refute the facts I presented, it is your evidence.
Saying "search" simply means you think they have been answered before, but no GPS thread, or any other thread, covers the point's I made.
If not, prove me wrong. I know that you would love to, so why don't you?

Odd considering I have posted in threads addressing these points myself. Perhaps not your threads on the matter, but ones belonging to those who thought of this long before you. Also lol@paedo.

Yeah read those fucking threads you imbecile. They have some muppets arguing how GPS is not theoretically possible on a flat earth, which is incorrect. However, they do not mention how it is impossible to have GPS from psuedosatellites.
Go. Show me how GPS is possible from psuedosatellites, and get yourself into a journal for your breakthrough at the same time.

3 Tesla

• Flat Earth double agent
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2009, 06:42:33 AM »
What will happen when your count-down reaches zero?
"E pur si muove" ("And yet it moves"); Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2009, 07:41:58 AM »

I get to use this thread as so far irrefutable evidence that FET is nothing but speculation, scepticism and bullshit.
Pretty awesome, no?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2009, 10:50:43 AM »

I get to use this thread as so far irrefutable evidence that FET is nothing but speculation, scepticism and bullshit.

Or that nobody likes you.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2009, 11:22:30 AM »

Flat Earthers don't like me? I'm crushed...

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2009, 03:57:28 PM »

Flat Earthers don't like me? I'm crushed...

You should be, we're not fussy.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

Soze

• Flat Earth Proponent
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2009, 09:01:46 PM »
These are just a few questions that I never had answered/disproved by a FE believer:

1) How come when mapping and surveying over a large distance, you have to factor in equations for the curvature of the earth otherwise the results are wrong
Proof? I'm willing to bet your taking someone else's word for it.

2) How is GPS possible on a flat earth? The idea of psudeolites is not possible due to the strength of the signals needed to cover the range would be ridiculously huge.
Proof?

3)No one has yet shown how AVHRR corner reflector data is falsified. The existence of this data proves the existence of satellites.
Please explain how. I'm not familiar with "AVHRR corner reflector data", but once again, I'm willing to bet your taking someone else's word for it.

3ii) No one has yet shown how GVD is falsified. The existence of this data proves the existence of satellites.
This is the Flat Earth Society. You came here in an attempt to change our minds, not vice versa. You submit that what we know is wrong and you are right. It is arrogant to assert that we should bother convincing you of anything. If you are going to make the assertions that FE is incorrect, you hold the burden of proof.

4) How does the sun emit this hot light? It cannot be constantly emitting energy through fusion, as a key element for fusion in the sun is gravity due to it's mass, according to RET.
Also, the Earth is round according to RE. What good does mixing theories do?

4ii) What the hell is cold light? How on earth do you have cold light? Light and electromagnetic waves of any frequency will heat surfaces that absorb them.
Much of EM radiation remains a mystery.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2009, 12:01:54 AM »
These are just a few questions that I never had answered/disproved by a FE believer:

1) How come when mapping and surveying over a large distance, you have to factor in equations for the curvature of the earth otherwise the results are wrong

2) How is GPS possible on a flat earth? The idea of psudeolites is not possible due to the strength of the signals needed to cover the range would be ridiculously huge.
Proof?

3)No one has yet shown how AVHRR corner reflector data is falsified. The existence of this data proves the existence of satellites.
Please explain how. I'm not familiar with "AVHRR corner reflector data", but once again, I'm willing to bet your taking someone else's word for it.

3ii) No one has yet shown how GVD is falsified. The existence of this data proves the existence of satellites.
This is the Flat Earth Society. You came here in an attempt to change our minds, not vice versa. You submit that what we know is wrong and you are right. It is arrogant to assert that we should bother convincing you of anything. If you are going to make the assertions that FE is incorrect, you hold the burden of proof.

4) How does the sun emit this hot light? It cannot be constantly emitting energy through fusion, as a key element for fusion in the sun is gravity due to it's mass, according to RET.

4ii) What the hell is cold light? How on earth do you have cold light? Light and electromagnetic waves of any frequency will heat surfaces that absorb them.

And, boys and girls, then the countdown crashed to a halt and the people rejoiced, for the smug bastard did slay himself, scrawling a cryptic message on the walls of his cave reading "am i doin an hero rite guize?". Yay verily and so on.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2009, 02:21:54 AM »

Proof?

1)No, it works, try it out yourself. Ignorance isn't an option here.
2)Proof? Look at the satellites themselves. Plus, there is more to that argument, which you conveniently ignore.
3i)Corner reflectors turn up as bright pixels. You place them down about an hour before the picture is taken, then remove it. If there was no satellite, this wouldn't be possible as the resolution is not possible with a short antenna. Look it up yourself.
3ii)You don't actually know shit. You have no proof, equations or anything scientifically viable. Just scepticism, nicely shown in all your replies. Fact is science says the earth is round. It is up to YOU to PROVE otherwise. The Earth is not flat by default as you idioticly seem to presume.
4)Well HOW DOES THE SUN EMIT HEAT ACCORDING TO FET? Idiot, that can be clearly inferred.
4ii)What bullshit answer is that? Fact is all EM radiation causes heat, so HOW CAN YOU HAVE COLD LIGHT? You can't just say "we have cold light" as according to science, no such things exist. If you started claiming there were unicorns, a creature that apparently doesn't exist, you would have to provide evidence.

Your reply was the standard FET bullshit. Just scepticism and a mis-understanding of the scientific method. Come back to me when you have some actual evidence for what you are saying.

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2009, 10:19:08 AM »

Just curious here...but as you say, you (FES) have created this forum and I get that.  It's your house, your rules.

But you've also gone to the effort to create a section of your house titled "Debate and Discussion".

Is it really any kind of debate or discussion without a level playing field?  To set aside a designated place for debate of any topic, and then stipulate that one side can say anything they want carte blanche, with no need to back up claims, and the opposing side has the full burden of proof hardly constitutes debate.

Actually seems somewhat cowardly, when one side is given such an advantage before it starts.

Not what I'd consider debate or discussion.

3 Tesla

Re: 4 Points FE falls down on *Countdown: 2 Days*
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2009, 01:52:31 AM »
The great "Flat Earth Theory is a sack of shit" countdown has expired ...

But Mazty88 is nowhere to be seen ...

What an anti-climax!

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2009, 04:53:55 AM »
Meh he just prooved FE wrong. Hooray.

FES is a troll community anyways with people bored bout there lifes getting here to troll eachothers then laughing how awesome they are in there small cottages in the middle of nowhere.

"We will not agree to anything until its generally denied."

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2009, 07:01:20 AM »
Thread WIN.

This should indicate once and for all that your Flat Earth Theory is nothing but a pointless piece of work made up by madmen. Its time you all grew up and stopped this paranoid belief of a conspiracy to cover up the Earths shape. Seriously, how can people read that and NOT think its ridiculous?

Also, I want to make a point. Anyone care to take a guess at what GPS stands for? Global. Positioning. Satellite. You constantly claim satellites aren't possible in Flat Earth...does this mean that every single company who have developed a GPS system are also in the conspiracy?

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2009, 03:17:51 PM »
The great "Flat Earth Theory is a sack of shit" countdown has expired ...

But Mazty88 is nowhere to be seen ...

What an anti-climax!

Nah he just got banned for a week. So that proves nothing other than you've had extra time and been unable to refute the points.

3 Tesla

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2009, 03:27:09 PM »
Nah he just got banned for a week.

Ah - mystery solved!

(I though he'd just got bored and drifted away.)

So that proves nothing other than you've had extra time and been unable to refute the points.

As a Round Earther I have no interest in refuting any of the points.

I was merely drawing attention to the fact that this somewhat melodramatic thread, with its artificial count-down, had gone very quiet suddenly for no good reason.

We will just have to be patient, and bask in the reflected glory of Matzy88's triumph when he comes back ...

parsec

« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2009, 03:27:24 PM »
Another win for FE!

3 Tesla

« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2009, 03:28:58 PM »
Another win for FE!

Someone gets banned and you chalk it up as a win?

That's low!

;-)

Edit: being tongue-in-cheek here, OK?

parsec

« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2009, 03:30:06 PM »
At least we made time stop. The coutdown has been on 2 days for 3 days now.

« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2009, 03:43:01 PM »

Ah - mystery solved!

So that proves nothing other than you've had extra time and been unable to refute the points.

I was merely drawing attention to the fact that this somewhat melodramatic thread, with its artificial count-down, had gone very quiet suddenly for no good reason.

We will just have to be patient, and bask in the reflected glory of Matzy88's triumph when he comes back ...

Then sod off as you are in the debate and discussion section and don't want to actually do either one of those, other than say "I R RIGHT LOLZ".
Going off topic are you not? And that after all is a ban-able offense.

?

Skeptek

• White Hats for Whirled Peas
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2009, 07:54:21 PM »
Noob, you are sadly mistaken.  I mean this in the kindest way possible.

Going off topic is like penny-candy around here.  It's pointing at the man behind the curtain that will get you banned.  Well, that and insulting a moderator's mother. ;D

The 4 points stand untouched.
When do we all drink the Kool-Aid?
Enjoy my posts?  Learn more here:
Not just another Flat Earth website... All are welcome.

(Thanks, Daniel.

3 Tesla

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2009, 01:20:44 AM »

Ah - mystery solved!

Then sod off as you are in the debate and discussion section and don't want to actually do either one of those, other than say "I R RIGHT LOLZ".

This unfinished thread had become inactive and was going to fall off page one.

I "bounced" it back to the top by pointing out that it had become inactive ...

And, in so doing, challenged the original poster to come back and finish off his melodramatic little countdown.

(I dhad no way of knowing that he was banned.)

The debate had died, and I was trying to get it going again with a bit of sarcastic provocation - nothing wrong there.

Edit: nothing wrong because Matzy88 is a rude troll who never backs up his opinions with evidence - all talk and no trousers, as we say.

And if you had "lurked moar" then you would have realised that I do plenty of real debating around here.

So I must politely decline your instruction to "sod off" ...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 01:22:17 AM by 3 Tesla »

3 Tesla

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2009, 01:25:01 AM »

Anyway: who died and made you a moderator?

Please keep your dull and un-informative opinions to yourself in future.

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2009, 05:18:04 AM »

Ah - mystery solved!

This unfinished thread had become inactive and was going to fall off page one.

I "bounced" it back to the top by pointing out that it had become inactive ...

And, in so doing, challenged the original poster to come back and finish off his melodramatic little countdown.

(I dhad no way of knowing that he was banned.)

The debate had died, and I was trying to get it going again with a bit of sarcastic provocation - nothing wrong there.

Edit: nothing wrong because Matzy88 is a rude troll who never backs up his opinions with evidence - all talk and no trousers, as we say.

And if you had "lurked moar" then you would have realised that I do plenty of real debating around here.

So I must politely decline your instruction to "sod off" ...

Never backs up opinions with evidence? Since when were the points on page 1 not evidence?
Explain.
And no, this site is mainly a troll-fest for the socially inept.

3 Tesla

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2009, 05:37:44 AM »
Never backs up opinions with evidence? Since when were the points on page 1 not evidence?
Explain.

Just a terse "explain"? No please? Am I your performing monkey or something? Oh well ...

For example:

"No one has yet shown how AVHRR corner reflector data is falsified."

That is not evidence, it is just a question statement.

A reference to a scientific paper in a peer-reviewed journal would be evidence.

And no, this site is mainly a troll-fest for the socially inept.

Well if you don't like it around here, why don't you "sod off" then?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 05:53:33 AM by 3 Tesla »

3 Tesla

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2009, 05:41:12 AM »
Never backs up opinions with evidence?

This is the main reason why I say he never has any evidence:

Run a Laplacian Filter. Can easily see that your picture has been falsified.

Please go ahead and do that ...

(For my picture and Levee's.)

Still no Laplacian filter (edge detection) pictures, Mazty88?

I am genuinely keen for you to educate me on this one!

I am really looking forward to seeing your Laplacian filter images, Mazty88!

And given that you are such an expert in image analysis, it would be great if you could analyse some of NASA's images down the years (two or three per decade, perhaps?) and give us your expert opinion on if/how they have faked them (models? CGI?).

That would be a fun thread!

Plus, your "Flat Earth Theory is a crock of shit" countdown appears to have broken down:

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=29881.0

It will be such an anti-climax if day zero arrives and nothing happens!

Anybody can register here and spout off any old crap about this or that using as many fancy words as they like ...

But if they don't back that up with a simple bit of evidence every now and again then they are going to be dismissed as a waste of time.

"All talk and no trousers" as we say in the UK!

« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2009, 02:50:30 PM »
Never backs up opinions with evidence?

This is the main reason why I say he never has any evidence:

Run a Laplacian Filter. Can easily see that your picture has been falsified.

Please go ahead and do that ...

(For my picture and Levee's.)

Still no Laplacian filter (edge detection) pictures, Mazty88?

I am genuinely keen for you to educate me on this one!

I am really looking forward to seeing your Laplacian filter images, Mazty88!

And given that you are such an expert in image analysis, it would be great if you could analyse some of NASA's images down the years (two or three per decade, perhaps?) and give us your expert opinion on if/how they have faked them (models? CGI?).

That would be a fun thread!

Plus, your "Flat Earth Theory is a crock of shit" countdown appears to have broken down:

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=29881.0

It will be such an anti-climax if day zero arrives and nothing happens!

Anybody can register here and spout off any old crap about this or that using as many fancy words as they like ...

But if they don't back that up with a simple bit of evidence every now and again then they are going to be dismissed as a waste of time.

"All talk and no trousers" as we say in the UK!

1)No one says that in the UK
2)If the scientific community say the picture is 100% genuine, you have to PROVE how it is not. Skepticism is not evidence or scientific thinking.
3)A laplacian filter would show any joints through highlighting AA. Real pictures would not have joints. It is now up to you to find the scientific community pictures which are dubious.

Now go, find evidence to support your claims. Otherwise you are just a troll/hollow skeptic.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 02:54:23 AM by Whoa Brah »

3 Tesla

« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2009, 04:20:07 AM »
2)If the scientific community say the picture is 100% genuine, you have to PROVE how it is not. Skepticism is not evidence or scientific thinking.

This is all about my pyramid picture which I say is real.

Matzy88 is refusing to prove that it is fake.

3)A laplacian filter would show any joints through highlighting AA. Real pictures would not have joints.

You have to prove it to me - just saying it don't make it so!

A statement is not evidence - it's just a hollow opinion.

Take my pyramid picture and one of Levee's Toronto pictures and prove to me that mine is fake and his is genuine.

If you don't or can't, then you are just talking out of your arse.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 04:24:01 AM by 3 Tesla »

3 Tesla

« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2009, 05:37:02 AM »

So you are qualified to speak for the whole of the UK are you - a country with a population of 61,612,300?

You are either:

A. Very clever,
B. Very stupid, or
C. Very arrogant.

I say it, and I am in the UK therefore your statement is false.

3 Tesla

« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2009, 06:52:59 AM »

So you are qualified to speak for the whole of the UK are you - a country with a population of 61,612,300?

You are either:

A. Very clever,
B. Very stupid, or
C. Very arrogant.

Oh look - more evidence that you were wrong!

http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/all+talk+and+no+trousers.html

« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2009, 07:20:26 AM »

You are either:

A. Very clever,
B. Very stupid, or
C. Very arrogant.

Oh look - more evidence that you were wrong!

http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/all+talk+and+no+trousers.html

Sorry, I come from an educated and affluent area. I wouldn't know how the products of incest speak.