Personal satellite

• 26 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Personal satellite
« on: August 03, 2009, 10:29:35 AM »
For anyone that has a burning desire to find out if satellites are real, now you can have your own personal satellite launched into orbit for a mere $8000.
Quote from: http://spacefellowship.com/2009/08/01/interorbital-syatems-tubesat-personal-satellite-kit/
Planet Earth has entered the age of the Personal Satellite with the introduction of Interorbital?s TubeSat Personal Satellite (PS) Kit. The new IOS TubeSat PS Kit is the low-cost alternative to the CubeSat. It has three-quarters of the mass (0.75-kg) and volume of a CubeSat, but still offers plenty of room for most experiments or functions.

And, best of all, the price of the TubeSat kit actually includes the price of a launch into Low-Earth-Orbit on an IOS NEPTUNE 30 launch vehicle. Since the TubeSats are placed into self-decaying orbits 310 kilometers (192 miles) above the Earth?s surface, they do not contribute to any long-term build-up of orbital debris. After a few weeks of operation, they will safely re-enter the atmosphere and burn-up. TubeSats are designed to be orbit-friendly.  Launches are expected to begin in the fourth quarter of 2010.

Total Price of the TubeSat Kit including a Launch to Orbit is $8,000!

Let's see what the conspiracy theorists have to say about this one.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
Re: Personal satellite
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 10:36:08 AM »
in 2010. We'll see.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 11:07:16 AM »
Does one year of advance notice sound suspicious to you?  People plan vacations farther out than that.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 11:10:46 AM »
People also plan infidelities that far out.

It hasn't happened yet, therefore it is proof of nothing.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 11:20:23 AM »
I didn't say that it was proof of anything.  However, it is an opportunity for you to gather your own evidence.  For $8K (plus the cost your own equipment), you can have your own personal satellite broadcasting undeniable evidence of the true shape of the earth.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 11:29:20 AM »
I didn't say that it was proof of anything.  However, it is an opportunity for you to gather your own evidence.  For $8K (plus the cost your own equipment), you can have your own personal satellite broadcasting undeniable evidence of the true shape of the earth.

So I can launch an 8,000 dollar device in a parabolic arc until it plummets into the ground or burns up in the atmosphere? AWESOME!

W

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 02:01:10 PM »
Yeah, this isn't really proof of anything. Even if this does become a reality it won't really say anything about the shape of the earth.
If you say that the earth is flat, you are destroying centuries of evolution.

?

zork

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 02:33:43 PM »
Yeah, this isn't really proof of anything. Even if this does become a reality it won't really say anything about the shape of the earth.
Maybe not, but you can send up a camera and take a live video feed from up there.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

W

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 04:00:02 PM »
Maybe not, but you can send up a camera and take a live video feed from up there.

That will only prove that the earth is flat, if you can even get it high enough.

?

zork

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 04:05:01 PM »

That will only prove that the earth is flat, if you can even get it high enough.
310km is high enough. And it will not prove that the Earth is flat. And I didn't say that it proves also the round earth. I just said that you can get your camera up there and get a live feed. What results you get and how you interpret them is another matter.
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

W

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 04:07:02 PM »

310km is high enough. And it will not prove that the Earth is flat. And I didn't say that it proves also the round earth. I just said that you can get your camera up there and get a live feed. What results you get and how you interpret them is another matter.

Okay. But it's not worth it to me to waste thousands of dollars on such a gadget. The infallible scientific evidence has already convinced me that the earth is flat. Maybe if I were rich and couldn't find enough ways to spend my money and time I would bother with such a thing.

?

zork

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 04:21:55 PM »
The infallible scientific evidence has already convinced me that the earth is flat.
Can you elaborate about this "infallible scientific evidence"? There is only two evidence for flat earth in this forum. ENaG and "look out of window". Both of them doesn't count for compelling evidence for me and quite many others.
-

W

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 04:24:00 PM »
The infallible scientific evidence has already convinced me that the earth is flat.
Can you elaborate about this "infallible scientific evidence"? There is only two evidence for flat earth in this forum. ENaG and "look out of window". Both of them doesn't count for compelling evidence for me and quite many others.

There is plenty. I suggest reading "Earth Not A Globe." And the FAQ.

LordTalon69

• I think I may have the lulz.
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 06:41:05 PM »
What a deal $8,000 for 2 weeks or low orbit.  ::)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 08:21:23 PM »
If you can provide a better price per pound to low earth orbit, then I'm sure that fame and fortune (well, fortune at least) will be your's.

LordTalon69

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 12:55:13 AM »
If you can provide a better price per pound to low earth orbit, then I'm sure that fame and fortune (well, fortune at least) will be your's.

It may very well be a good price but I will not waste that much money on something so trivial.

?

zork

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 01:22:09 AM »

I asked from you specifically and FAQ isn't definitely one of them. Also ENaG as I mentioned before. But if you dodge this with FAQ and ENaG I guess you join the club of flat earthers who say only that "yes, there is evidence" and  fell silent when asked more specifically.
-

W

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 01:24:04 AM »

I asked from you specifically and FAQ isn't definitely one of them. Also ENaG as I mentioned before. But if you dodge this with FAQ and ENaG I guess you join the club of flat earthers who say only that "yes, there is evidence" and  fell silent when asked more specifically.

Why should I spend time typing up evidence when you won't even read the evidence that's already presented to you?

?

Squat

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 01:26:14 AM »

Why should I spend time typing up evidence when you won't even read the evidence that's already presented to you?

'W' is trying hard to come across as a FE champion. I suspect he'll stop posting soon. I reckon he knows more about the bottom of my shoes than he knows about a flat earth.

?

zork

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 01:49:18 AM »
I have read FAQ and and ENaG and both of them is busted and questioned without getting satisfactory answers many times here. That was why I said to you not to offer me ENaG. So, I've read them and I wanted to know if there is something else you can offer but as I see you have not.
-

W

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 02:12:37 AM »

'W' is trying hard to come across as a FE champion. I suspect he'll stop posting soon. I reckon he knows more about the bottom of my shoes than he knows about a flat earth.

"FE champion?"  Haha!

I don't know nearly as much about FET as many of the other posters on here; I'll readily admit that. But I'm not trying to come off as anything I'm not. I'm just an ordinary person.

Why do you think I'll stop posting soon?

LordTalon69

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 02:46:37 AM »
I have read FAQ and and ENaG and both of them is busted and questioned without getting satisfactory answers many times here. That was why I said to you not to offer me ENaG. So, I've read them and I wanted to know if there is something else you can offer but as I see you have not.

Wow someone actually read it?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 06:17:28 AM »
Guys, this thread is about $8000 personal satellites.  ENaG and the FAQ are off topic.  This is an opportunity for people to collect their own evidence to support FET or RET.

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 06:31:41 AM »
To the more entrepreneurial FE'ers, surely, if you're so confident that these satellites could prove FE, then the video's you could take would be worth much more than $8000 to the press? They would go crazy for something like that?!

Any takers?

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 12:29:41 AM »
Surely one of you FE'ers is up for this?

Easy money, surely?!

?

zork

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 01:06:55 AM »
 There isn't going to be any. They prefer to sit here and deny everything that others do. But we surely get quite many rich geeks who will build something and then send it up. It's new kind of entertainment/hobby and people spend even now thousands on entertainment and hobbies.
-

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 03:03:32 AM »
You could theoretically place a motion-log device inside a satellite in order to track how the satellite makes its way round Earth; whether it follows a widened orbit  pattern as a result of the flat earth's wide circumference and small height, or the usual geosynchronous spherical band of orbit. This could be backed up with a camera similar to Hubble's, albeit less expensive and massive, and a 1/frame per 15 minutes video recorder.

That way, near-infallible evidence as to whether the earth is round or flat will be provided.