FET is creationism, nothing more.

• 197 Replies
Re: FET is creationism, nothing more.
« Reply #180 on: July 06, 2009, 09:27:18 AM »
Maybe you should get a parent or older friend to read his post for you and explain it in words you can understand.

Are you posting insults? How original.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2009, 09:27:47 AM »
What's that book got to do with the books dyno listed?

Exactly my point. All we are doing is listing book titles.

Gee, and here I thought that dyno was citing references in scientific journals.  Silly me.

Didn't look like it to me.

Then perhaps you should brush up on the topic:  http://library.duke.edu/research/citing/workscited/printedjournal.html
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #182 on: July 06, 2009, 09:34:29 AM »

Gee, and here I thought that dyno was citing references in scientific journals.  Silly me.

Then perhaps you should brush up on the topic:  http://library.duke.edu/research/citing/workscited/printedjournal.html

No. Just quoting random academic journals isn't sufficient.

In his acclaimed work Rowbotham successfully proved the earth was flat yet you continue to deny this concrete evidence.

Euclid

« Reply #183 on: July 06, 2009, 09:41:51 AM »
Are you an angry REer's alt?
Quote from: Roundy the Truthinessist
Yes, thanks to the tireless efforts of Euclid and a few other mathematically-inclined members, electromagnetic acceleration is fast moving into the forefront of FE research.
8)

« Reply #184 on: July 06, 2009, 09:54:35 AM »
Are you an angry REer's alt?

I am an open minded scientist, who on studying the evidence has found the earth to be flat.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #185 on: July 06, 2009, 09:58:04 AM »

It's better than quoting Rowbotham.

In his acclaimed work Rowbotham successfully proved the earth was flat yet you continue to deny this concrete evidence.

No, he didn't successfully prove the earth was flat.  If he had, we wouldn't have a space program (fake or otherwise) now would we?

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #186 on: July 06, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »

It's better than quoting Rowbotham.

No, he didn't successfully prove the earth was flat.  If he had, we wouldn't have a space program (fake or otherwise) now would we?
Lots of times important scientific facts are overlooked. There is so much published it is easy for something to fall through the cracks... The space program has proven nothing... And it never will because it is all CGI

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #187 on: July 06, 2009, 10:43:14 AM »
Lots of times important scientific facts are overlooked. There is so much published it is easy for something to fall through the cracks... The space program has proven nothing... And it never will because it is all CGI
If Rowbotham had so convincingly proven the earth to be flat, then why has mainstream science not yet accepted such an obvious truth?  Surely the experiments that Rowbotham had carried out are plain enough that there is no possible way that results could be denied.

?

Squat

« Reply #188 on: July 06, 2009, 11:02:51 AM »

If Rowbotham had so convincingly proven the earth to be flat, then why has mainstream science not yet accepted such an obvious truth?  Surely the experiments that Rowbotham had carried out are plain enough that there is no possible way that results could be denied.

Good question.

There is a simple answer. Mr Rowbotham had no intention of trying to convince mainstream scientists of his day. Mr Rowbotham's sole intention was to try and convince gullible people so that he could sell his book and some snake oil.. He may have succeeded on both counts.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #189 on: July 06, 2009, 11:24:18 AM »
Because the majority of the public isn't interested in science. A huge percentage of the public doesn't even know RE fundamentals, how should FE resurface?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #190 on: July 06, 2009, 12:11:14 PM »
Because the majority of the public isn't interested in science. A huge percentage of the public doesn't even know RE fundamentals, how should FE resurface?
What about the majority of the scientific community that does know RE fundamentals?  Why haven't they been convinced yet that the earth is flat?

« Reply #191 on: July 06, 2009, 02:30:41 PM »
What about the majority of the scientific community that does know RE fundamentals?  Why haven't they been convinced yet that the earth is flat?

They are convinced, yet they propagate a lie. It is established fact that a great many "scientists" are just paid goons of NASA. Those that aren't are just idiot followers.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #192 on: July 06, 2009, 03:07:51 PM »
It is established fact that a great many "scientists" are just paid goons of NASA.

Who established that fact?

svenanders

• I'm always right. If you disagree, you're wrong.
« Reply #193 on: July 06, 2009, 03:18:33 PM »
Oh, this will be interesting to hear.

?

dyno

« Reply #194 on: July 07, 2009, 02:12:43 AM »
im listing articles in published scientific journals for peer review.
you can access any of them and have a read about red shift. you wanted evidence, there you go.

it would violate copyright laws to paste the contents here and i need my access intact.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #195 on: July 07, 2009, 06:02:02 AM »
im listing articles in published scientific journals for peer review.
you can access any of them and have a read about red shift. you wanted evidence, there you go.

it would violate copyright laws to paste the contents here and i need my access intact.

Fair use does allow for the posting of relevant excerpts for educational purposes, as long as they are properly cited.

?

dyno

« Reply #196 on: July 07, 2009, 06:15:03 AM »
Yes it does. Can't he access them himself?
I'm fairly confident I'd receive a lot of tl;dr replies if I posted a swathe of content.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #197 on: July 07, 2009, 08:26:17 AM »
True enough.