Conspiracies

• 23 Replies
?

lightbulb

Conspiracies
« on: June 11, 2009, 05:55:59 PM »
I have been reading these forums for a bit, and have seen one pattern pop-up consistently, the general pattern is that when you are presented with empirical evidence of the earths curvature, you respond by saying it is a conspiracy and doesnt exist. In practice, conspiracies do not work because they require absurdly large numbers of people to not leak any secrets for long peiods of time. Since it is impossible for any group to keep a secret indefinitely,and since the conspiracy needs all sort of future tech to work, isnt it best to assume that there isn't one? You cant base an assumption on another assumption.

Re: Conspiracies
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 05:58:46 PM »
What is the gain from the proposed conspiracy that makes it worth all the effort?
don't recall reading the why's in the FAQ.

Edit: best explination is to keep the money from the space program funding.  ::)

Seems to me the cost of keeping up all this conspiracy would cost more than running a space program.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 06:06:29 PM by slizza »

?

lightbulb

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 06:04:26 PM »
one of the things in the faq says you cant understand the why's or reasons for the existence of the conspiracy. This brings up another point: why would a group chose to perpetuate ignorance for hundreds of years, which is what the supposed conspiracy is doing, when there was no financial gain to do so?

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 06:07:07 PM »
What is the gain from the proposed conspiracy that makes it worth all the effort?

The reason is profit. Although there is no explination for how exactly this creates a profit. It would cost far more money to keep the conspiracy covered up than the amount of money NASA gets from the government.
My hair-bird doesn't like you.

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 06:08:38 PM »

The reason is profit. Although there is no explination for how exactly this creates a profit. It would cost far more money to keep the conspiracy covered up than the amount of money NASA gets from the government.
Hehe i edited my post before you posted this.

?

lightbulb

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 06:41:28 PM »
Also, with a conspiracy, anything can be proved. I could "prove that the us gov't is a hoax with a few simple steps.
1. create a conspiracy and a reason for the conspiracy. For instance I could postulate that the IRS secretly controls the govt, and takes the taxes and pockets some of them, the rest goes to paying the people in the gov't who aren't part of the conspiracy, also, the president is picked in advance, and then the IRS manipulates the vote to make it seem like the president is being elected.
2. Denounce everything that disagrees with your view as bullshit and ignore all evidence

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 06:48:56 PM »
Also, with a conspiracy, anything can be proved. I could "prove that the us gov't is a hoax with a few simple steps.
1. create a conspiracy and a reason for the conspiracy. For instance I could postulate that the IRS secretly controls the govt, and takes the taxes and pockets some of them, the rest goes to paying the people in the gov't who aren't part of the conspiracy, also, the president is picked in advance, and then the IRS manipulates the vote to make it seem like the president is being elected.
2. Denounce everything that disagrees with your view as bullshit and ignore all evidence

Don't forget to yell "NO THAT IS WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK" when evidence is presented.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 10:25:31 PM »
They seem to have this claim that the number of people "in on the conspiracy" is actually very small. They even worked it out. But unfortunately, I disagree.

Because they leave out:

-All people who have supposedly been to Antarctica (numbers in the thousands)
-International airline pilots (no one could fly different routes around the world for very long without realising there's something seriously unusual about the distances in the Sthn hemisphere as opposed to the Nthn hemisphere)
-All astronomers

That's just for starters.

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 10:35:44 PM »
They seem to have this claim that the number of people "in on the conspiracy" is actually very small. They even worked it out. But unfortunately, I disagree.

Because they leave out:

-All people who have supposedly been to Antarctica (numbers in the thousands)
-International airline pilots (no one could fly different routes around the world for very long without realising there's something seriously unusual about the distances in the Sthn hemisphere as opposed to the Nthn hemisphere)
-All astronomers

That's just for starters.

Don't forget astronauts I think they would notice if they never actually went into space (not to mention if all the footage of them working in zero-gee were just of them in a plane doing zero gee simulation they would get even more suspicious). Or you could argue that there are no astronauts and that whenever we see them walking onto the space shuttle before launch they are just actors. But then I think the actors would get suspicious when they see themselve broadcasted as an actual astronaut.

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 01:44:12 PM »
The government is crap.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 03:34:04 PM »
What empirical evidence has been presented?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 03:36:04 PM »
What empirical evidence has been presented?

Empirical evidence of what?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 04:32:39 PM »
The earth's curvature. 
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 04:38:33 PM »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 05:13:59 PM »

?

Abysmal

• now with more tentacles
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 10:36:27 PM »
the FET is a NASA conspiracy. Think about it.
Former Satanic Conspirator-now i've seen the bendy light.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 08:50:54 AM »
NASA's budget is bigger than the GDP of some small nations, not to mention the private companies and the other nations space programs. I suggest you read this thread.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 09:12:15 AM »
NASA's budget is bigger than the GDP of some small nations, not to mention the private companies and the other nations space programs. I suggest you read this thread.

The DOD budget is bigger than the GDP of many large nations.  What does that prove?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 09:13:24 AM »
Money is an excellent motive.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 09:13:52 AM »
The DOD budget is bigger than the GDP of many large nations.  What does that prove?

Parts of the DOD are also in on it. NASA was originally founded by the DOD after all. All of NASA's astronauts are still military personnel.

DOD even maintains its own satellites through its "50th Space Wing: Masters of Space"
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:17:14 AM by Tom Bishop »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 11:51:28 AM »

Flat earth theory is a NASA conspiracy?

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 11:55:43 AM »

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 12:06:34 PM »

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!
Of course it is.  It's a reverse psychology diversionary tactic.  Since sustained space flight is impossible, and since NASA makes a lot of money putting "satellites" into "orbit", they need some way of keeping people figuring that they are a fraud.  What better way than to introduce the truth in the form of a pseudo-scientific, conspiracy laden theory that will sure to be ridiculed by the brainwashed masses?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 12:17:36 PM »

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!
Of course it is.  It's a reverse psychology diversionary tactic.  Since sustained space flight is impossible, and since NASA makes a lot of money putting "satellites" into "orbit", they need some way of keeping people figuring that they are a fraud.  What better way than to introduce the truth in the form of a pseudo-scientific, conspiracy laden theory that will sure to be ridiculed by the brainwashed masses?

You need to include the phrase "globularism" in your post, otherwise it isnt a true theory.