CALLING ALL ROUND EARTHERS

• 230 Replies
CALLING ALL ROUND EARTHERS
« on: June 11, 2009, 08:33:01 PM »
I just want to know, whom amoung you is a fellow round earther who agrees that these flat-earthers are so fucking stupid its insane?

I just want to see whom the guys who agree with me are so I can know who they are when I see them.

So for everyone that posts on this thread, say "i am a round earther" or "i am a flat earther" or just "RE" or "FE" or something

Re: CALLING ALL ROUND EARTHERS
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:41:12 PM »
Well, there aren't any ACTUAL flat-earthers, in the sense that they actually believe it. The whole point of this sort of thing is to act as a sort of "thought-experiment", examining how a flat-earth model might work, and to illustrate the way we (all humans) accept things without even thinking about it.

So yes, no one actually believes the words is flat....but it's fun to argue from that point of view. It's a good way of learning.

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 08:42:21 PM »
Well, there aren't any ACTUAL flat-earthers, in the sense that they actually believe it. The whole point of this sort of thing is to act as a sort of "thought-experiment", examining how a flat-earth model might work, and to illustrate the way we (all humans) accept things without even thinking about it.

So yes, no one actually believes the words is flat....but it's fun to argue from that point of view. It's a good way of learning.

How I wish this were true. Unfortunatly there are actually people on here who believe in the FET.
My hair-bird doesn't like you.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 08:49:06 PM »

How I wish this were true. Unfortunatly there are actually people on here who believe in the FET.

Urgh....do you really think so? I hope not, because that would just be....weird. I know that that the founders of the movement probably believed it, but...meh. There's no excuse nowadays :P

Plus, I can give two irrefutable points that - even though they don't prove a round earth - certainly disprove the flat earth model. I've brought both of these points up on these forums, and no one's addressed them. They're also not on the FAQ. I figured if people really believed this nonsense, they would have found a way to respond to my points, instead of just ignoring them.

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 08:51:39 PM »

Urgh....do you really think so? I hope not, because that would just be....weird. I know that that the founders of the movement probably believed it, but...meh. There's no excuse nowadays :P

Plus, I can give two irrefutable points that - even though they don't prove a round earth - certainly disprove the flat earth model. I've brought both of these points up on these forums, and no one's addressed them. They're also not on the FAQ. I figured if people really believed this nonsense, they would have found a way to respond to my points, instead of just ignoring them.
Yeah, get used to being ignored when you bring up a valid point to which the FEers have no answer. Btw, what were these two points?

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 09:03:14 PM »

Yeah, get used to being ignored when you bring up a valid point to which the FEers have no answer. Btw, what were these two points?

Well that's what I figured. If you were genuinely certain of your theory, you'd respond to any flaws in it, wouldn't you?

Anyway, the two points I had were:

1. The Southern Cross. As a person who lives in the Southern Hemisphere, and has spent time in Australia, New Zealand, AND Brazil, I'm well aware that you can see the Southern Cross above the South Pole at all times. On the standard flat earth model, this is impossible, because that would mean the same set of stars is in every direction at once (since there is no south pole)

2. Antarctica "days". I've also been lucky enough to spend time in Antarctica, as part of a documentary film crew....and for anyone who's been there (thousands, all in on the conspiracy - lol), its a pretty well known fact that you get continuous sunshine for months at a time, followed by a swing toward months of continuous darkness (because for one half of the year the south ole is tilted toward the sun, the other half tilted away). I'd be interested to see how a six month day fits into the flat earth model. No one's addressed it (that I've seen yet) :P

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 09:06:56 PM »

Well that's what I figured. If you were genuinely certain of your theory, you'd respond to any flaws in it, wouldn't you?

Anyway, the two points I had were:

1. The Southern Cross. As a person who lives in the Southern Hemisphere, and has spent time in Australia, New Zealand, AND Brazil, I'm well aware that you can see the Southern Cross above the South Pole at all times. On the standard flat earth model, this is impossible, because that would mean the same set of stars is in every direction at once (since there is no south pole)

2. Antarctica "days". I've also been lucky enough to spend time in Antarctica, as part of a documentary film crew....and for anyone who's been there (thousands, all in on the conspiracy - lol), its a pretty well known fact that you get continuous sunshine for months at a time, followed by a swing toward months of continuous darkness (because for one half of the year the south ole is tilted toward the sun, the other half tilted away). I'd be interested to see how a six month day fits into the flat earth model. No one's addressed it (that I've seen yet) :P
Yeah, don't expect an answer anytime soon for either of those. Or really don't expect to ever get an answer.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 09:10:34 PM »

Their are 2 large concave mirrors that have been attached to the sun which can be remotely controlled to point the rays wherever they are needed.
Their are 2 large concave mirrors that have been attached to the sun which can be remotely controlled to point the rays wherever they are needed.

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 09:13:48 PM »

LMAO

Most creative reponse ever :P I love it.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 09:22:48 PM »
I am just going to clarify this for all the noobs. There are some people who seriously believe in FE, while some people argue it to see it's viability, or just for fun. However, all RE'ers are trolls.

?

Proleg

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 09:25:13 PM »
I just want to know, whom amoung you is a fellow round earther who agrees that these flat-earthers are so fucking stupid its insane?

I just want to see whom the guys who agree with me are so I can know who they are when I see them.

So for everyone that posts on this thread, say "i am a round earther" or "i am a flat earther" or just "RE" or "FE" or something
I hate to break it to you, but most round earther's here are merely devil's advocates. You are an army of one.

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 09:26:11 PM »
I am just going to clarify this for all the noobs. There are some people who seriously believe in FE, while some people argue it to see it's viability, or just for fun. However, all RE'ers are trolls.

ALL of us?

Even if we're only posting valid points that attack a bogus theory?

I'd like to know which of my posts could be considered "trolling"

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 09:27:49 PM »

ALL of us?

There is such thing as intellectual trolling.

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 09:36:24 PM »

ALL of us?

There is such thing as intellectual trolling.

I didn't say there was. I said that my posts weren't "trolling" fullstop.

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 10:07:45 PM »
I think they are fun  ;D

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 10:22:21 PM »
Really, the only reason I come here is for debate, I love debating and it can get pretty fun here.

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 10:26:40 PM »
Really, the only reason I come here is for debate, I love debating and it can get pretty fun here.

I only like debating with someone if they genuinely believe what they're saying.

Which is possibly the case, if what you said earlier is true. Damn. REAL flat earthers. This changes things.

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 10:30:41 PM »

I only like debating with someone if they genuinely believe what they're saying.

Which is possibly the case, if what you said earlier is true. Damn. REAL flat earthers. This changes things.
I wasn't really that surprised when I found this site. When you think about it you realize that there are beliefs which are just as insane, but are more commonplace, they don't seem that bad because we hear about them every day. Like young earth creationism.

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 10:33:09 PM »

I wasn't really that surprised when I found this site. When you think about it you realize that there are beliefs which are just as insane, but are more commonplace, they don't seem that bad because we hear about them every day. Like young earth creationism.

Oh, well I find YEC just as insane, but that's because it's not a commonly held belief in my country (New Zealand). However, from what I hear it's actually pretty common in the States, so that makes sense.

You have a point though....a theory is more retarded to the rest of us, if there's less people subscribing to it.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 06:03:47 AM »
However, all RE'ers are trolls.

Do you have any evidence for this outlandish claim?
Yes. RE'ers are all retarted, given. People who have less education, like RE'ers, make less money then educated people, fact. Poor people have to live under bridges because they can't afford rent. Trolls also live under bridges.

frostee

• Official Member
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 06:12:42 AM »
Harsh...
Recently religious due to the impending rapture.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 06:19:06 AM »
Harsh...
Being mean doesn't make it any less true.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 06:34:35 AM »
Harsh...
Being mean doesn't make it any more true either.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 06:41:41 AM »
Harsh...
Being mean doesn't make it any more true either.
I disagree.

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 06:47:13 AM »
FE arguments are just getting better and better.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 06:52:00 AM »
People who have less education, like RE'ers, make less money then educated people.

I need to see evidence for this fact.

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 07:43:43 AM »
As far I understood, anyone who disagree with him is stupid.
That's his logic.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 07:52:52 AM »
I want to see your evidence of your claim that REers have less education than FEers

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=25985.msg581414#msg581414
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 07:55:27 AM by Tom Bishop »

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2009, 07:54:58 AM »
Judging from this website, the people with the worst spelling and grammar and RE'ers. People who do not know proper punctuation and spelling are less educated, and hence make less money.

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2009, 08:15:17 AM »
In my defense, english isn't my native language.