Dispelling some myths about NASA

• 40 Replies
Dispelling some myths about NASA
« on: May 17, 2009, 02:50:00 PM »
After reading as much as i could, i thought i'd like to clarify some things that seem to be distorted about NASA.

First off, before i get brutally flamed, i dont need to say that much about the conspiracy, or even about it's existance.

So, most people believe that NASA gets most (if not all) of its money because of their "awsome space program".  Thats true, but the way its used distorts the facts.  It would be the equivalent of saying Colombus only needed to go to India to say he went there and nothing more.  The money that NASA gets are more for the benefits of going into space, not necessarily going into space itself. (ill talk about it more a little later)

Another thing i am seeing a lot of is that NASA benefits more from saying earth is round rather than flat.  Well, that doesnt cover the whole story either.  After all, nasa could claim the earth was actually flat in the model, and say they went to the moon, launched sattlelites, w/e.  If anything we would get more recognition from saying that it was round, and dispelling a popular theory.  Not to mention, lying about the earth's shape like that would only give them the looming threat of being exposed. 

NASA's money sources dont really care THAT much about space.  They really only care about the benefits of it.  Staying ahead of storms, 0 gravity research (those protein crystals grow SO much better in space!), GPS, etc.  People tried on earth themselves, and deemed it impossible or impractical to get these benefits on earth, so if they can do that without going into space, then they got what they were paid to do anyway.  In all honesty, if they were able get all of that research/data/materials, without going into space, i must say, i am MORE impressed.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 03:18:31 PM by brathearon »

Re: Dispelling some myths about NASA
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 04:33:55 PM »
Good point.

Perhaps I'm a bit confused on what the FETs believe. Do they believe that NASA was founded to further an already existing conspiracy that claims that the Earth is round? Or do the FET's believe that NASA was founded as a genuine space agency only to discover that the Earth is indeed flat and therefore that space travel is impossible, thereby beginning the conspiracy in order to continue to receive money? Furthermore, to continue gaining funding NASA faked the moon landing and essentially their entire repertoire of discoveries, pictures, videos, spaceflights, observations, etc?

Doesn't make any sense either way, to be honest, not in a normal non-paranoid/delusional mind, at least. If the former were true, where did the conspiracy begin? By whom? How did they orchestrate it, and for what motives? Moreover, the budgets of private universities, research centers, and the like far outweigh the budget of NASA, how is it that these private sectors have no corroborated with the FET? The university I attend has a large telescope observatory which I have personally used and can verify beyond a doubt that the Earth is round. (I'm not part of any conspiracy, I'm a 20 year old kid).

If the latter were true, how does NASA stand to gain anything by lying? Do you not think that NASA would continue to be funded to study aeronautics even in a flat Earth? Or do we not care/believe in high-tech airplanes, missiles, and aviation technology either? Wouldn't you agree that NASA stands to gain much more by overturning modern scientific theory (paradigm shift) and by being at the forefront of cutting edge new science (Dark Energy, Flat Earth Cosmology, etc)? I think those things would indeed even increase NASA's budget.

I just simply don't understand how it's beneficial to ANYONE to convince the world that the world is in fact round and not flat. Who stands to gain anything from that? It makes NO sense.

?

grogberries

• I am large! I contain multitudes!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 08:05:46 PM »
NASA's never been to space. They have nothing to profit from it. They just pretend they do these things. Understand?
Think hard. Think Flat.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 08:27:20 PM »
NASA is basically laundering the money.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 08:36:10 PM »
NASA's never been to space. They have nothing to profit from it. They just pretend they do these things. Understand?

No, I don't understand. What is their motive for faking these things? Before you respond, yes, I've read the FAQ.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 08:38:20 PM »
NASA is basically laundering the money.

But money laundering would add more people that would need to be in on the conspiracy in order to cook the books properly.  Not to mention all of the prop builders of all the fake payloads that don't go into space.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

grogberries

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 08:39:32 PM »
All paid by taxes. It's an easy job. You also tend to have lots of free time when you fake building rockets that go to the moon.  It's a bit easier to build a prop than an actual rocket.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 08:41:46 PM by grogberries »
Think hard. Think Flat.

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 08:48:55 PM »
All paid by taxes. It's an easy job. You also tend to have lots of free time when you fake building rockets that go to the moon.  It's a bit easier to build a prop than an actual rocket.

If you can't come up with a decent motive for their actions, then stop spewing BS. Guilty until proven innocence, is the way things work. You can't claim NASA is evil without providing a motive, never mind evidence, and expect everyone else to prove to you that NASA is benign, especially when every single piece of evidence is, as you claim, a forgery. 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 08:55:15 PM »

Well, you do have to build actual rockets because the launches are open to the public (for the most part).  It's the payloads that can be fake.  Except, of course, there are science teams that spend a good part of their careers building and testing some of those payloads and they might just have a small chance of figuring out if their particular payload really does get launched or not.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 09:00:34 PM »

Well, you do have to build actual rockets because the launches are open to the public (for the most part).  It's the payloads that can be fake.  Except, of course, there are science teams that spend a good part of their careers building and testing some of those payloads and they might just have a small chance of figuring out if their particular payload really does get launched or not.

The Koreans launch shit out to the ocean and say it makes it to orbit, why would NASA be any different.

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 09:03:30 PM »

The Koreans launch shit out to the ocean and say it makes it to orbit, why would NASA be any different.

Because NASA doesn't belong to a police state communist government, and it's budget and activities are open to the public. Also, can you cite what you just said? Not that I'm calling you a liar or delusional (that would be ludicrous!), I've just never heard that myself.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 09:04:50 PM »

Spend 15 years of your life working a research satellite then tell me if NASA successfully launched it into its proper orbit like they said they did or if they dumped it into the ocean like you claim they did.  I think that you would be able to tell the difference.

?

grogberries

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 09:06:39 PM »

If you can't come up with a decent motive for their actions, then stop spewing BS. Guilty until proven innocence, is the way things work. You can't claim NASA is evil without providing a motive, never mind evidence, and expect everyone else to prove to you that NASA is benign, especially when every single piece of evidence is, as you claim, a forgery. 

Picture this. The government sets up an organization that requires billions of dollars to operate. The tax payers feel the money is well spent because of some tiddly wink photographs and some pony shows they call launches. Now the government has a huge stock pile of money they can use without transparency. How's that for a motive?
Think hard. Think Flat.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 09:19:28 PM »

Picture this. The government sets up an organization that requires billions of dollars to operate. The tax payers feel the money is well spent because of some tiddly wink photographs and some pony shows they call launches. Now the government has a huge stock pile of money they can use without transparency. How's that for a motive?

Very unrealistic.  Hobbyists all over the world track satellites all the time.  Some even track super secret spy satellites.
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.02/spy.html

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 09:35:05 PM »

So you honestly believe that for 18 billion dollars NASA is convincing the entire world that it is in fact round and not flat? Considering the 500 billion dollar budget of the military, I'm surprised you're not claiming the Iraqi war is not being staged in a studio, since after all, it's much cheaper to stage a war than to actually wage it.

What really boggles my mind is that you don't understand that an amateur astronomer, or any person with access to appropriate instruments can see that the world is round, and yet somehow NASA with an 18 billion dollar budget is able to keep them all quiet. Of all the ways to cajole John taxpayer out of money that are so much simpler, why the hell would NASA claim something so contrary to reality as saying that the world is round when in fact (according to your ridiculous belief) it is flat? Why would they claim something so easily refutable? Do they like being in a constant state of being exposed? Or is it possible, nay probable, that the world may in fact be round?

?

grogberries

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 09:35:55 PM »
Very unrealistic.  Hobbyists all over the world track satellites all the time.  Some even track super secret spy satellites.
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.02/spy.html
They appear to track satellites all the time.

--

NASA could have been started when the government needed the money. They can't just take back the whole moon thing when they don't need the money. But 18 billion is still a lot to fling around. Also NASA is very closely tied to many military endeavors. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 09:40:39 PM by grogberries »
Think hard. Think Flat.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 09:45:14 PM »
They appear to track satellites all the time.

NASA could have been started when the government needed the money. They can't just take back the whole moon thing when they don't need the money. But 18 billion is still a lot to fling around. Also NASA is very closely tied to many military endeavors. 

When the government needs money, they raise taxes (or go into debt).  No fake space program needed.  Also, the military's budget is about 20-30 times larger than NASA's measly $14-18 billion.

?

grogberries

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 09:48:52 PM »
18 billion dollars can do a lot of things. NASA is just the figure head of the conspiracy. 
Think hard. Think Flat.

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 10:04:47 PM »
18 billion dollars can do a lot of things.

18 billion dollars is a fucking trifle on a geopolitical scale. Like I said above: It's more likely that the Iraqi war, the Vietnam War, World War  I & II, etc, were all staged in a large conspiracy to make the participating governments TRILLIONS of dollars each, than the world being flat.

You're right about NASA developing new technologies for the government, though. Which in all honesty, is reason enough to keep NASA in itself, no need to fake moonlandings and such.

NASA is just the figure head of the conspiracy. 

Oh do tell us about the rest of the conspiracy, please! Fairytale story time, children!

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 05:45:08 AM »

i've read many threads and i understand this is the general theory from the FErs (just as the RErs have the theory that they did).  Like i said before though, nasa is not paid just because it can go into space, it is paid for the benefits of it.  There are things (that is, research and chemical preperation) that can be done on earth that we send into space to do, but it is far cheaper (and a great deal quicker) to send those into space.  GPS, and weather tracking wasnt working on earth by other companies, and if nasa found a way to do all of this by faking going into space, then like i said before, they got what they are being paid to do.  In our case, it either takes way too long to do on earth or to expensive, or both.

Consider this.  Lets say some army men higher an engineer to build robot(s) to spy on people because they dont want to risk people's lives.  The engineer instead goes there himself and spies on them and tells them he built the robot and thats how he got the information on whoever he spied on.  If the army found out, i suppose they would be upset, but were they after the spy bot(s)?  They wanted the robots because it was impractical to actually send someone themselves. 

Also, NASA doesnt often get all of the money it asks for =)

Also, you say that as if NASA's money source would benefit from lying about the shape of the earth.  Actually, they have nothing to gain from doing that (regardless of if they went into space or not).  Their space program could exist for either shape (of earth), so there is no reason to lie.  They would gain more from saying the world is flat
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:00:17 AM by brathearon »

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 06:55:55 AM »
The fact NASA's getting money doesn't imply there's in on a conspiracy. America's department of transport gets over 60 billion a year. Would you then assume there's someone mocking up all the roads you don't use and pocketing the excess?

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 07:53:17 AM »
NASA was not required to show any footage or photos to the public.  The ones we see are really meaningless to everyone, including NASA.  It would be a LOT easier to not bother to have to shoot and drag that extra junk.  Their interviews would have been enough for shows, and reinactments.  They may even have considered the possibility to reinact the landings and space travel so that they woudlnt need to gather extra footage for the public.

What im not understanding is why didnt NASA say the more profitable thing, about the earth being flat?  If NASA themselves don't profit from it, certainly someone would.  Why didnt they take the most beneficial route?  After all you could say they had two options

-Fake space launches, get all the research and technology by other means unknown to everyone else, and say the earth is round, which would not get that much recognition, as this is already well accepted.

-Fake space launches, get all the research and technology by other means unknown to everyone else, and say the earth is flat, which would give them a significant place in history (should it be true).  If it wasnt true, they would still get additional research funds beause nobody would have done any research on this discoory (untill they are exposed).

All signs point to saying the earth is flat would be the best route (whether it be a lie or not).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:01:52 AM by brathearon »

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 08:07:44 AM »
Most FEers maintain that most (possibly all) NASA officials who are aware of the Conspiracy actually believe that the earth is round.   They are not spreading lies about the shape of the earth, but are merely faking the space program.
When I look out my window, I see exactly what RET predicts.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 08:44:01 AM »

I wish you guys would keep your story straight.  Nothing in FET prevents NASA (or anyone else) from going into space in a sub-orbital, ballistic trajectory.  The only potential problem would be sustained space flight.

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 09:11:39 AM »

I wish you guys would keep your story straight.  Nothing in FET prevents NASA (or anyone else) from going into space in a sub-orbital, ballistic trajectory.  The only potential problem would be sustained space flight.

Why is sustained spaceflight a problem?

If the moon, sun and heavens can stay up then a tiny rocket sure can.

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 09:46:40 AM »
The sun and moon are held up by magic.

I haven't yet seen an explanation for the sun and moon that doesn't break all of the laws of motion.
When I look out my window, I see exactly what RET predicts.

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 10:18:24 AM »
like i've said before, people care little about the method, so long as they get results. 

Take for example, sattlelite TV, would you (sattlelite users) change anything if you found out your signal didnt involve space at all?

NASA gets results, they serve no purpose to fake their method, since if they never did use space, people would be MORE impressed.

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 12:20:25 PM »
Take for example, sattlelite TV, would you (sattlelite users) change anything if you found out your signal didnt involve space at all?

Yes. I'd realign my dish.

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 01:12:50 PM »

Yes. I'd realign my dish.

lol, but then you wouldnt get a signal.

I was just using that as an example of nobody benefitting from lying about the shape of the earth, or about going to space or not
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 01:15:16 PM by brathearon »

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 02:02:53 PM »
BTW, i dont get anything extra from nasa to keep a conspiracy either =)