Closely linked organizations

• 20 Replies
?

goodfriend

« on: May 07, 2005, 07:44:45 PM »
Dear all, I want to discuss with you how we can start developing ties with movements similar to ours, and attempt to achieve a similar media presence and following as they have.

I am referring to Creationists and Intelligent Design proponents. In the US, these movements have been very succesful. I am dreaming of a day when geography books throughout the Midwest of the US will be provided with stickers that read "Round Earth is a Theory Only!"

If any of you has ideas how to develop such ties, or has any legal strategies to have Flat Earth Science be treated on equal footing to the Round Earth Hypothesis in US High Schools, please post to this forum.

?

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 06:50:40 AM »
Good Lord people, just face the fact that the earth is round and the sticker thing will never happen (althogh its an interesting idea.)
Good grief, are we gonna have to put you on the Space Shuttle and send you into orbit to prove that you're wrong.

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 06:11:11 PM »
Your "just face the fact that..." has parallels in history. People have "proven" that no self-propelled vehicles could possibly exist, and only critical thinking saved us from this consensus opinion. Similarly around 1880, consensus popular opinion was that the airplane was an impossibility. The fact that the Round Earth Hypothesis is widely accepted does not make it true.

?

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 06:11:54 PM »
The only reason creation and intelligent design has acheived a foothold in the Midwest is because 90% of the US population is Christian and politicians here cater to the religious right at the expense of the constitution.
However, just because 90% of people are Christians doesnt mean 90% of people are flat-earthers, and what Creationism has in the Bible and evangelicals, flat-earth theories lack any of what they need: scientific grounding.  That sticker will never happen, because by the time we're that crazy everyone will have been in space and seen the truth: the Earth is round.

?

commonsense

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 07:47:28 PM »
Your reasoning will always amaze me, goodfriend (if I may call you that :D ).
Your racecar example is invalid. at that time, there wasn't any actual proof that it was completely impossible to make a self propelled vehicle. It was an assumption and a prediction on those people's part. It wasn't backed up with any evidence. On the other hand, the round earth theory IS. You just have to face it.

As for the creationism and intelligent design groups, I think they are the most hypocritical people on this earth. They try to pinpoint any little piece of detail to try to disprove evolution. I'll be the first one to admit that the theory of evolution isn't 100% true. It's a MODEL. We are trying to make it better. it's a work in progress. There's BOUND to be some inconsistencies here and there. When they find some, scientists just rethink their model. That's what science is about!

Creationism is just stupid. You'd have to ignore geological data, fossils, physical evidence, etc. in order to belive in it.

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 02:03:22 PM »
In response to your "creationism is just stupid" comment, please read the following and realize that the majority of the American public does not agree with you.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/11/22/opinion/polls/main657083.shtml

?

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 02:19:15 PM »
well, ive been saying this for along time: the majority of American people are stupid.
Hell, we put George W. Bush into office, when he commanded the largest nuclear arsenal on the face of the round earth and couldnt even say the word.
P.S.: I am an American.

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 02:45:34 PM »
well, ive been saying this for along time: the majority of American people are stupid.

Pretty much the whole world has been saying that for a while now. If they keep going like that, in a short time they're gonna make the lapidation of homosexuals legal.
(ps. I am not homosexual)

?

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 03:42:38 PM »
i wouldnt be surprised.

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 06:06:10 PM »
You are advocating Atheism, the Homosexual Agenda, you call the majority of Americans stupid, and you mock our President. This does not at all reinforce your case.

?

acidic909

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 06:53:03 PM »
Let me get this straight: suggesting that the lapidation of homosexuals is wrong makes you an advocate of 'the homosexual agenda' ?
This is great! And you call yourself 'goodfriend' ...
Goodfriend of Hitler, maybe.
I am so waisting my time here ...

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 07:36:22 PM »
You are advocating Atheism,

Yes. Theism sucks. It is for the weak and retarded. If everybody was like you we'd still be burning witches.

the Homosexual Agenda

No. Because I think lapidation is barbaric, means I advocate homosexuality? You are worse than hitler. And hypocrite too, because you call youself a christian. All christians are fucking hypocrites (by the way, hitler was a christian too and almost became a bishop).
Now go, go ahead and lapidate a fag. Don't forget to also kill an african american, a jew, a french. If you can get a witch too it's even better. Country of freedom? My ass.

you call the majority of Americans stupid

Fact. They are. And if you think I'm the only one saying or thinking that, it's time to wake up. welcome to the real world.

and you mock our President

He deserves it.

This does not at all reinforce your case.

According to you.
And anyway, my case REALLY isn't the one that needs to be reinforced right now.

Man, I DARE you to answer with something that makes sense. JUST ONCE, PLEASE. I dare you.

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2005, 07:27:49 AM »
Unlike you, I have never shown any disrespect for any of God's creatures, and I have never meant to show disrespect for homosexuals. It is up to God alone to judge.

I have never shown any intolerance towards anyone here on this forum. This is very much unlike yourself, who feels it fit to condemn people and verbally use them based on their opinions.

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2005, 08:14:53 AM »
and I have never meant to show disrespect for homosexuals

You did.

It is up to God alone to judge.

Wrong. It is up to no one else than Myself to judge My own actions. I alone must decide what is good or bad for Me. Have your own moral code. god is nothing but an idea, a fiction created in the mind of men. he is nothing compared to Me. Religion is for weaks sheep. You have proven to us once again that you can not think critically.

condemn people and verbally use them based on their opinions.

You seem to be unable to tell the difference between opinions and facts.

This isn't about opinions. It's about facts. Here's my OPINION about the shape of the earth: I like it. You obviously don't. THOSE are opinions. None of them are wrong. You have shown earlier that you do not respect the opinions of others (like in the exanple of the homosexuals).

Now here's a fact vs. a lie:It's a globe, or it's flat. They can not both be true, and one of them (the flat one) has been proven false countless times. Therefore they are not opinion, because with opinions, both can be true at the same time. If you do understand this, you don't have to admit it or reply. I know you don't like to reply to me when I prove you wrong.

?

whvn

what
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2005, 08:34:32 AM »
i agree

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2005, 10:42:59 AM »
Uh for the record not all Christians believe in either the flat earth theory b and many myself included see no conflict between the creation of the world by God and evolution.(the Catholic Church the largest Christian denomonation in the world doenst oppose evolution theory nor does it advocate belief in the flat earth model.
That said. As for atheism you cant invalidate someones opinion by saying he's an atheist it is a legitimate (althought I personally bleive incorrect viewpoint) that said we really ought to try to keep this disscussion civil and remeber the purpose of thsi forum is to disscuss the ludicrous theory that the Earth is flat not random bashing of Religion homosexuality the republican party or anything else. Their are plenty of places on the net to do those things but here isnt one of them.Getting drawn into those arguments merely creates hostitlity and stops us from being able to persuade these people to admit the roundness of the earth
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2005, 05:52:12 PM »
You say that it has been proven false countless times. I would like you to tell me how it has been proven false one time.

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2005, 09:21:57 PM »
bullhorn, What the f**k are you talking about?
efore making fun of someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then your a mile away and you have their shoes.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »
He stated that proof regarding the shape of the earth as round has been proved countless times. I want to know one time that it has been proven round.

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2005, 07:57:07 AM »
The "he" that bullhorn refers to is from flatman on page 2. I was wondering that the hell was going on as well.

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2006, 06:51:18 PM »
Bullhorn do you even read the posts that refute your arguments because their are upwards of 100 post on this forum along proving the Earth is round. Also you seem to have neatly dodged my demand to give something only the flat earth theory AND NOT the round earth theory can explain.
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom