Clouds are muuuch higher than 150 ft

• 19 Replies
?

Poojawa

« on: June 22, 2006, 02:04:55 AM »
Ok, the 'F.A.Q.' says that the Ice is only 150 U.S. Feet above the surface of the earth.

Judging from the many flight simulators, actual scientific data, actually planes, and Modernization, it can be concluded that the "ice wall" is greatly undersized for what its job support to be

Also, by reading most of the available topics, it can be concluded that there is a "dome" above the earth keeping in the atmosphere.

If the earth is indeed flat, and the maximum ceiling for clouds to stay in earth, would be about 149 US feet, as to prevent clouds from going off.

If that is so, then how is our atmosphere being kept in, if it's maximum ceiling in only 149 US feet?

Now to take this from you all's idea of a great dome over the planet's body, what is it made out of, and why can't we get to it, if commercial airliners normally cruise at 36,000 feet above the ground.

?

pwn7

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 03:06:07 AM »
hahaha, owned.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 04:27:59 AM »
There's no dome. And I think 150ft is really just a guess. It could be anywhere up to 1000ft or 100ft above sea level or whatever. The wall does exist though.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

RenaissanceMan

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 04:35:32 AM »
Quote from: "Dogplatter"
There's no dome. And I think 150ft is really just a guess. It could be anywhere up to 1000ft or 100ft above sea level or whatever. The wall does exist though.

Even at 1000 feet, there would have to be air just sitting right there waiting to be shoved over the edge.

Also, you have no way to make a statement like "The wall does exist, though" as you cannot possibly have evidence... direct or otherwise because of the conspiracy preventing anyone from getting close.

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 08:34:51 AM »
you mean much the same as you have no evidence the earth is round.. im not a FE'er before you go off on one, purely stating that without personal experience, we are placing all theories on belief, we are in fact questioning the govornments, and the theory of the RE as the is no proof apart from what we are given and told to recognise as the truth,
(for more details find my post about the example of showing a child a photoshopped image) all in all, that post basically says, if i were to photoshop an image of something, as an example, lets say.. a chimp, to give it wings, and then told a child who had never seen a real chimp that this is what they look like, they would believe you as they are given no alternative, these FE'ers are simply offering an alternative
y intellect matches that of einstein, my philosophical mind outcrafts socrates, and yet, pringles is such a satisfying name

?

RenaissanceMan

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 08:51:13 AM »
Quote from: "pringles"
you mean much the same as you have no evidence the earth is round.. im not a FE'er before you go off on one, purely stating that without personal experience, we are placing all theories on belief, we are in fact questioning the govornments, and the theory of the RE as the is no proof apart from what we are given and told to recognise as the truth,
(for more details find my post about the example of showing a child a photoshopped image) all in all, that post basically says, if i were to photoshop an image of something, as an example, lets say.. a chimp, to give it wings, and then told a child who had never seen a real chimp that this is what they look like, they would believe you as they are given no alternative, these FE'ers are simply offering an alternative

Really. So, you don't believe there are things poisonous enough to kill you? Since you obviously have never been poisoned to death, and only personal experience is sufficient evidence.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 08:56:34 AM »
im not saying that, as obviously people have been killed by poisonous things before, but the number of people who have been into space and actually seen the earth is comparitively little to those killed in the manner of which you are suggesting.
y intellect matches that of einstein, my philosophical mind outcrafts socrates, and yet, pringles is such a satisfying name

?

RenaissanceMan

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 09:00:02 AM »
im not saying that, as obviously people have been killed by poisonous things before, but the number of people who have been into space and actually seen the earth is comparitively little to those killed in the manner of which you are suggesting.

You don't know that. It could be a huge conspiracy. There could be NO poisonous plants on earth. If it's reasonable to believe that there is a huge 'Ice Wall' guarded by a secret goverment consortium than it's reasonable to believe that there are no poisonous plants on earth.

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 09:03:59 AM »
in this way your statement is true, but this brings up more queries, would you care proving there is indeed poisonous plantlife on this earth..
by the way if your gonna talk about it like that with govornment conspiricies, surely all facts about poisonous plants could be made up, therefore to prove they exist you would indeed need to poison yourself with a plant, (or another person) and in fact watch them die...
Care to "prove" they exist?

?

RenaissanceMan

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 09:08:02 AM »
in this way your statement is true, but this brings up more queries, would you care proving there is indeed poisonous plantlife on this earth..
by the way if your gonna talk about it like that with govornment conspiricies, surely all facts about poisonous plants could be made up, therefore to prove they exist you would indeed need to poison yourself with a plant, (or another person) and in fact watch them die...
Care to "prove" they exist?

Not so! Since I am willing to accept reasonable evidence, I accept that people HAVE been poisoned by these plants by the preponderance of the evidence that exists. I don't need to poison myself or anyone else.

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 09:14:47 AM »
on what case do you accept reasonable evidence though?
is it because you have been told to accept and taught the boundaries of reason throughout your education, correct me if im wrong, but i believe so, in which case why is it so implausable for you to have been taught what to think?
Explain this, and you, my friend, have a valid argument
I am not argueing the theory of the FE merely discussing it, and until it is proven 100% (or disproven) then i do not feel the need to choose between, much the same problem arises with the existance of god.
What do you believe about the existance of an all powerful being?

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 09:20:15 AM »
Technically, poison ivy would be considered poison, wouldn't it? As the itching effects are produced as a result of a very mild toxin being introduced into your circulatory system. Therefore, I can say that I have been poisoned, having lived out in the boondocks most of my life, and being around a lot of various forms of plant life.

Also, I've gotten physically ill due to eating the wrong berries... that, too, is poisoning.

And, would food poisoning from Taco Bell count? *evil grin*
Who really needs one of these things?

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 09:22:25 AM »

I think there is a God, but the government keeps us from the info.
Right?
lol.
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=2955.0

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 09:22:27 AM »
dude :P im not pointing out poison doesnt exist, merely that his argument is flawed

?

RenaissanceMan

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 09:33:09 AM »
on what case do you accept reasonable evidence though?
is it because you have been told to accept and taught the boundaries of reason throughout your education, correct me if im wrong, but i believe so, in which case why is it so implausable for you to have been taught what to think?
Explain this, and you, my friend, have a valid argument
I am not argueing the theory of the FE merely discussing it, and until it is proven 100% (or disproven) then i do not feel the need to choose between, much the same problem arises with the existance of god.

You mean like The Flying Spaghetti Monster? or Jesus? or Allah? No, I've seen web sites for those, but I find them inconclusive. But that's not relavent here. 'Reasonable evidence' in a nutshell is the level of evidence that should be acceptable for any individual theory, for example. I accept the observation that the sun has risen every day of my life as sufficient evidence that it will rise tommorrow. That doesn't mean it will, but I have every expectation that tommorrow morning the sun will rise. I accept as reasonable that people have died of poison because the people claiming they did presented compelling reasons of it and had nothing to prove by lying. Not in EVERY case, but enough to make it reasonable.

Now, let's look at an example relevant to this very thread. I'm being told that there is no gravity, and that what holds the atmosphere in place is the constant upward acceleration of the disk of the earth. Ok, I have no way to dicount 'Universal acceleration' with direct measurement because I believe that it and gravgity will feel exactly the same to me. However, I CAN point out that there is nothing keeping the atmosphere from just being pressed off the side of the disk and lost to space. Oh! I'm told, a 150 foot wall of ice is there to stop it!

No, I don't think so. Without having to disprove the existance of the wall of ice, I need only point out that atmosphere has mass and will flow over the wall under the pressure of the rest of the air. Since the atmosphere is a LOT thicker that 150 feet... it cannot be contained by a wall of ice and the entire FE theory falls apart.

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 09:39:22 AM »
fair enough.. i would love to stay on an chat all nite but im off to take up my other occupation: partying, getting drunk an gettin nailed :P
soz i cant stay mate, we'll have another debate another time im sure lol
catch u later

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 09:40:50 AM »
RenaissanceMan, what if I put you in a rocket, threw you into outer space and then tells you to watch the Earth. Now, if the Earth would be round, would you believe it if you saw it with your own eyes?
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

?

RenaissanceMan

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2006, 09:50:52 AM »
Quote from: "Xargo"
RenaissanceMan, what if I put you in a rocket, threw you into outer space and then tells you to watch the Earth. Now, if the Earth would be round, would you believe it if you saw it with your own eyes?

Oh, I very much believe the earth is round, an oblate spheroid to be precise. Where did you get the idea that I believed otherwise?

I believe it because it make sense, follows all the evidence, and many other people whose testimony I believe have photographed the stunning roundness of it.

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 10:06:03 AM »
Quote from: "RenaissanceMan"

Oh, I very much believe the earth is round, an oblate spheroid to be precise. Where did you get the idea that I believed otherwise?

I believe it because it make sense, follows all the evidence, and many other people whose testimony I believe have photographed the stunning roundness of it.

Then why are you arguing for the opposite?
Because that's what you're doing, as far as I can see.

?

RenaissanceMan

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2006, 10:19:47 AM »
Quote from: "RenaissanceMan"

Then why are you arguing for the opposite?
Because that's what you're doing, as far as I can see.

You mean with this?

Now, let's look at an example relevant to this very thread. I'm being told that there is no gravity, and that what holds the atmosphere in place is the constant upward acceleration of the disk of the earth. Ok, I have no way to dicount 'Universal acceleration' with direct measurement because I believe that it and gravgity will feel exactly the same to me. However, I CAN point out that there is nothing keeping the atmosphere from just being pressed off the side of the disk and lost to space. Oh! I'm told, a 150 foot wall of ice is there to stop it!

No, I don't think so. Without having to disprove the existance of the wall of ice, I need only point out that atmosphere has mass and will flow over the wall under the pressure of the rest of the air. Since the atmosphere is a LOT thicker that 150 feet... it cannot be contained by a wall of ice and the entire FE theory falls apart.

No, I'm pointing out why the FE model is ridiculous. The air would rush out to space and we would all die.