Concerning one of the unanswered questions...

• 9 Replies
« on: June 20, 2006, 11:23:16 AM »
Q: Explain fully the optical illusion causing sunrises and sunsets.

Hoping I did the quote right >.<

Ok, nobody knows for sure what is beneath the earth, correct? Is it possible that the earth disk is actually resting perpendicular on the rim of a black hole? Far-fetched, I'll admit, but consider that black holes have the ability to suck in almost anything, to include light, and expel it out. So, as the sun slowly dips below the ice wall it could get siphoned through and expelled out to the other side, creating the optical illusion of the sun setting and rising on the other side with zero time lag.

The reason nothing happens to the earth disk, which is resting on the black hole, is because of our perspective. By that, I mean to say that the relative hardness, density, etc. of anything is mearly based off of some kind of gauge. We test the hardness of various kinds of matter based on how much force we can apply to it. Common science, however, forgets to consider that the earth disk, along with everything on it, already has a sustained force of 1g being applied to it without and issues; this would explain why the black hole is unable to damage the earth disk.

The black hole beneath the earth disk might aslo help explain the rocking motion that generates tidal patterns. Black holes are quite chaotic and these inconsistancies in flow. While not having a major impact on the earth disk, it could be the cause of the earth rocking- some more violent than others- creating the tides and, in more violent episodes, the tsunamis.

Just a though I had, what're your's on the matter?
/Original Signed//

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 11:48:16 AM »
By the very nature of a black hole, nothing (once beyond the event horizon) can excape.  What you are talking about being expelled from a black hole is Hawking Radiation, and it doesn't actully come from the black hole itself.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Clerification
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 12:00:31 PM »
I'm sorry about how elementary my thought sounded, I didn't have the time or desire to make sure I used proper justification, but I see I need do that before posting here. My theory of the black hole is completely impossible, as per the retort. However, alow me to expound upon it with a better description of what was going on in my head.

More complicated than just a black hole, let us assume there is also a white hole beneath the disk. To my knowledge we have not completely written off the possibility of a white hole existing in nature, but we presume them to be all but non-existant as there is no way to create them (just like we can't destroy a black hole, since they are time-reversals of each other). They are the mathmatically sound solutions to the equations of general reletivity though. So, if they were beneath the earth and conected by a worm hole, the matter passing through would not necessarily hit the singularity and be crushed into oblivion or trapped indefinately. With this, the Sun could pass beneath the earth from one side to the other as it went below the ice wall with all but zero time loss and create the optical illusion of the sunrise/sunset. I'm asumming, of course, that our black hole wouldn't evaporate any time soon. Perhaps its inevitable evaporation would explain what Paul saw in his vision of Revelations as the apocolypse, or perhaps that is too bold.

Thoughts anyone?
/Original Signed//

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 12:05:49 PM »
Black holes and white holes aren't "connected".  White holes are a mathematical concept, the same as the singularity.  A black hole isn't actually a singularity.  It has volume.  The singularity simply is the result of taking a limit all the way to zero, and only exists in the realm of mathematics.

on white holes and black holes being connected
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 12:08:01 PM »
http://cosmology.berkeley.edu/Education/BHfaq.html

Look at the "What is a wormhole?" question
/Original Signed//

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 12:56:15 PM »
I did.  I then looked directly above it at what they said about white holes:

White holes are a perfectly valid mathematical solution to the equations of general relativity, but that doesn't mean that they actually exist in nature. In fact, they almost certainly do not exist, since there's no way to produce one. (Producing a white hole is just as impossible as destroying a black hole, since the two processes are time-reversals of each other.)

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 01:03:03 PM »
In fact, they almost certainly do not exist

Almost certainly, not for certain. Also, this is asumming that the goverments of the world have not conspired and altered the scientific facts to help support their RE. If they're conspiring over the shape of the earth and they have police guarding the ice wall, why can't they take the conspiracy a bit further and make sure that science backs it up. Thus, the only option left to the scientists whos' research and findings jeapordize the RE theory is to make sure that what "COULD" be is, if nothing else, implied in their conclusion.
/Original Signed//

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 01:13:00 PM »
Quote from: "Stonicus"
(Producing a white hole is just as impossible as destroying a black hole, since the two processes are time-reversals of each other.) [/b]

I'm pretty sure that adding negative energy to a black hole will eventuall destroy it.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 01:29:39 PM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
(Producing a white hole is just as impossible as destroying a black hole, since the two processes are time-reversals of each other.) [/b]

I'm pretty sure that adding negative energy to a black hole will eventuall destroy it.

Pretty sure, but not entirely sure.  Why do you have doubts about your beliefs?

And how do we know the Earth isn't really figure 8 shaped, and the conspiracy iosn't just to throw a Round Earth theory out there, but to also loosely allow a flat earth theory to exist as the potential real theory, thereby throwing all suspicion from a figure-8 shaped earth.  I think I've figured it out here!

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 12:51:23 AM »
Pretty sure, but not entirely sure.  Why do you have doubts about your beliefs?

I don't have doubts about my beliefs; I have doubts about my memories.  I sorta kinda remember reading someplace that I can't identify that putting negative energy in a black hole causes it to lose mass.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?