Penguin Island

• 7 Replies
Penguin Island
« on: June 20, 2006, 10:45:32 PM »
Within walking distance from my summer house there's an island called Penguin Island (well, there's a lot of wading and a little bit of swimming involved - but I digress), which has been an attraction to outsiders for a long time. The island is famous for being inhabited by penguins. My grandparents used to go there for day trips long before the seventies. This is not the only place you can find non-antarctic penguins in the world. Most people find this surprising, but penguins aren't some strange foreign animal to people here, and most have seen them up close, or at least closer than you could at a zoo.

The species didn't have to have been created by DNA manipulation for the FE theory to hold, it really just adds a dimension of ridiculity to it. Maybe the Australian penguins were just modified to stand the extreme cold :)

Desu

• yaranaika.
Penguin Island
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 10:56:05 PM »
I'm not sure if the whole 'DNA altered government developed penguins' thing is supposed to be taken seriously, also wasn't that just one member's opinion? Although these people's beliefs deviate from commonly accepted ones, most of them are highly intellectual
(that implies they can see how bizarre and un-realistic the penguin thing is)
Quote from: sam712
It must suck living in Richmond.
Since June 2006.

Penguin Island
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 12:42:06 AM »
That island's just outside of Rockingham isn't it? Or somewhere nearby. But yes, that theory, I must say, is completely false. I mean, I have been on long trips at times and have seen penguins all over the place, so I think people can just disregard that DNA rumour.

Penguin Island
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 12:45:42 AM »
Yeah, dogplatter is just an RE using less than subtle humor to show how silly the FE argument is.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Penguin Island
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 04:03:57 AM »
Quote from: "EnCrypto"
Yeah, dogplatter is just an RE using less than subtle humor to show how silly the FE argument is.

No, I'm an actual Flat Earther buddy.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Penguin Island
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 04:05:01 AM »
Quote from: "Desu"
I'm not sure if the whole 'DNA altered government developed penguins' thing is supposed to be taken seriously, also wasn't that just one member's opinion? Although these people's beliefs deviate from commonly accepted ones, most of them are highly intellectual
(that implies they can see how bizarre and un-realistic the penguin thing is)

It's supposed to be taken seriously, but it's not in the FAQ because as you said, the view is only held by me and a couple of other posters on the forum, and doesn't represent accepted FE canon at the moment.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Penguin Island
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 04:06:59 AM »
Quote from: "marencian"

The species didn't have to have been created by DNA manipulation for the FE theory to hold, it really just adds a dimension of ridiculity to it. Maybe the Australian penguins were just modified to stand the extreme cold :)

To be honest the otter/bird theory was just speculation by me based on the phenotypes of "Antarctic" penguins. What you've just said is another possible explanation.

Penguin Island
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 05:29:31 AM »
I am a penguin, we are indolent and care not for the affairs of humans.