There's a low pitch beeping noice in my apartment.

• 11 Replies

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
There's a low pitch beeping noice in my apartment.
« on: March 31, 2009, 10:43:53 PM »
It started about 6:30 am, making it impossible for me to sleep. I have no fucking idea where it's coming from. At first I thought it was from the neighbour, but when I put a glass to the wall and listened it was dead quiet in there. Now I don't know. I tried unplugging everything and putting it back in. I tried flipping off the main switch in my fuse box. It's not coming from any of my appliances. When I open or close the window, nothing happens. What do you think? Is the conspiracy coming after me?
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

?

Anteater7171

• I am the FAQ!!!
Re: There's a low pitch beeping noice in my apartment.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 10:47:08 PM »
Things like that piss me off, I hate those new ring tones with the incredibly high pitched "adult proof" ring. Have you considered the possibility that it's an auditory hallucination?
I don't remember anything. Well, I do, but it's really vague. Like I was on drugs the whole time.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 10:49:48 PM »
Yes I have. But if it was, would I sense its direction? Would its volume alter with my position in the room? Would it disappear in my bathroom? Because if it would, I'd love to know the psychological ramifications of hallucinating everywhere but the john.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

?

Proleg

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 10:50:31 PM »
Is it coming from...under the floorboards!?!

?

Anteater7171

• I am the FAQ!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 10:52:21 PM »
Yes I have. But if it was, would I sense its direction? Would its volume alter with my position in the room? Would it disappear in my bathroom? Because if it would, I'd love to know the psychological ramifications of hallucinating everywhere but the john.
Who knows, you may just be completely insane, and everything you know is a figment of your imagination. The only thing  that you've ever sensed that is "real" may be that noise.
I don't remember anything. Well, I do, but it's really vague. Like I was on drugs the whole time.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 10:52:55 PM »
Is it coming from...under the floorboards!?!

I actually already thought of that, pinning it as a guilt-inspired hallucination because I'm skipping school today again, but I don't really feel that guilty about it.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 11:30:04 PM »
It is now 08:27, and it finally stopped, after what must have been about two hours. But now I can't go back to sleep. :( Anyway, since it held out for approximately two hours, I'm thinking it's an alarm clock in my neighbours apartment after all. Hope so. And I hope they turn the damn thing off next time.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 02:13:03 AM »
Smoke detector maybe. Happened to me once. Scared the fuck out of me.

It's coming from the wrong place and is too low pitched and not strong enough. I know what a smoke detector sounds like.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 05:07:43 AM »
I read that kittens make beeping noises when you throw them in the oven. Checked your oven yet?

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 07:21:42 AM »
Oh, they're done. ;D Thanks Dann.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 07:25:34 AM »
Pussy Pie. Delicious.

?

Moonlit

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The Rebound
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 11:40:25 AM »
I was going to suggest that it could be your TV if you own one.  Some tv's (especially older models) give off this extremely high frequency beeping that most people can't hear.  They'll do it even if they are turned off and it's REALLY annoying.
You think that a photograph is indisputable evidence?  Would you like me to show you a photograph of Barack Obama having sex with a gorilla?