Evolution didn't happen

• 1539 Replies
?

Mykael

• Professor of the Horrible Sciences
Re: Evolution didn't happen
« Reply #1200 on: November 12, 2009, 03:36:03 PM »
I think we've established that Nord has absolutely no idea what mutation (or evolution) is. Let's move on, shall we?

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #1201 on: November 12, 2009, 03:36:27 PM »
Ok, seriously, I've won. You don't even know what mutations are.
Exactly. Everyone knows it. So stop feeding the troll now.

Pete

• I believe that the earth is round
« Reply #1202 on: November 12, 2009, 03:38:17 PM »
Ok, seriously, I've won. You don't even know what mutations are.
Exactly. Everyone knows it. So stop feeding the troll now.

I suppose your right

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #1203 on: November 12, 2009, 03:42:53 PM »
And now, lets get into exactly how this disease is genetic in nature, and Nord's claim that mutations don't exist are utter bull.  :D

Those pictures you pasted, those kids in them were born with it. not mutation.

same for down syndrome etc. You proved nothing.

Yes, genetic disorders are something you are born with, the mutation occurs during transcription or cross over at gametogenesis, or when the gametes fuse and undergo genetic recombination across chromosomes. You are the only one who seems unaware of this fact.

I'll accept your concession now. I've shown the mutation, detailed EXACTLY which mutation it is, in which gene, in which chromosome, and how it changes the phenotype, and you respond to all my research and detailed explaining with a two sentence straw man. I win.

You said you are born with those diseases but then contradict yourself by saying they mutate the phenotype. the phenotype isn't mutated if you born already with the didease. the disease is passed down in the genetic material from the parents.

no mutation.

and the fact you changed the topic to bacteria and disease mutations really says you fail at trying to prove human evolution. why is it evolutionists when they try and prove their theories never talk about man? only bacterias or dieases. the answer is because you know you have absolutely no evidence.

piltdown, java, nebraska man...these are your evidences? all were hoaxes.

It is a mutation that happens during mitosis. This is still a mutation. I'm going to ask you politely to either educate yourself slightly on the subject or stop trolling. You have exhibited 0 understanding of the subjected and have added nothing to this debate except for blatant logical fallacies. I've let you slide because you obviously are putting a lot of effort into this debate but your remarks have been getting more and more outlandish. Please parody fe'ers elsewhere, it is not funny and is extremely demeaning.

?

Nord

« Reply #1204 on: November 12, 2009, 03:57:17 PM »
I asked for evidence. Still none provided to prove evolution/mutations.

Pasting photos of deformed children proves nothing.

And yes, you would label me a troll since you failed to prove evolution, avoid my questions and are a bunch of atheists.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #1205 on: November 12, 2009, 03:58:55 PM »
I asked for evidence. Still none provided to prove evolution/mutations.

Pasting photos of deformed children proves nothing.

And yes, you would label me a troll since you failed to prove evolution, avoid my questions and are a bunch of atheists.

Apparently you didn't hear me. I'm asking you nicely to stop shitting up the nice parts of the forum. Feel free to shit up the unimportant parts, even start a shitty meta discussion of why evolution is evil in the religion philosophy section, but until you can show even a basic understanding of biology you have no place posting here.

K?

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #1206 on: November 12, 2009, 04:01:25 PM »
Evolution was proved. Repeatedly.

The collective term for a group of atheists is "throng".

Pete

« Reply #1207 on: November 12, 2009, 04:25:23 PM »
This is tedious. I'm not even an atheist, and I proved the existence of mutations and that they lead to changed phenotypes on page 60.

Pete

« Reply #1208 on: November 12, 2009, 05:19:18 PM »
This is tedious. I'm not even an atheist, and I proved the existence of mutations and that they lead to changed phenotypes on page 60.

evolution is not compatible with theism. Especially not christianity. You are seriously confused. I also see your posts on this site supporting homosexuals and you believe skin is a mutation/evolution etc

All your beliefs are against what the bible teaches.

read Lev 18:22-23, Lev 20:13, 1 Cor 6:9...for homosexuality: punishment is death, so why are you supporting it?

then it's odd in the other thread you call me a fanatic. read the scripture. what you are doing is picking and choosing and altering it to fit your own agenda. You are either anti-christian or a fake christian.

::)

?

Nord

« Reply #1209 on: November 12, 2009, 05:58:05 PM »
The Bible says the earth is 6,000 years old (tracing the geneology in the table of nations).

So can you explain exactly why you stated the earth is billions of years old.

Just another one of your contradictions. Yet, oddly you wish to be credited as a serious forum debater and not a troll.

Pete

« Reply #1210 on: November 12, 2009, 06:01:51 PM »
The Bible says the earth is 6,000 years old (tracing the geneology in the table of nations).

So can you explain exactly why you stated the earth is billions of years old.

Radiometric dating, distant starlight, weathered geological formations, tree rings, the chalk cliffs of Dover, neolithic civilizations, the Great Barrier Reef.

Just another one of your contradictions. Yet, oddly you wish to be credited as a serious forum debater and not a troll.

What does the Bible have to do with science again?

?

Nord

« Reply #1211 on: November 12, 2009, 06:03:57 PM »
Also you stated white skin is a mutation. But you gave no evidence (as usual).

Are these your ancestors?

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #1212 on: November 12, 2009, 06:11:14 PM »
Wow. If you're going to be a troll Nord, can you at least try harder.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

?

Nord

« Reply #1213 on: November 12, 2009, 06:17:16 PM »
there is no evidence for any mutations. Again, evolutionists state skin mutated but it's not observable or scientific.

In fact recent DNA tests have proven the following:

12 % of the DNA Differs Amongst Human Races and Populations

Till now, humans of different races were thought almost identical

http://news.softpedia.com/news/12-of-the-DNA-Differs-Amongst-Human-Races-and-Populations-40872.shtml

Now although this article is evolutionist, it had updated and debunked the evolutionary ''out of africa'' theory and mutations

Races are no longer considered 99% percent identical. Now only 88-89% which disproves the idea of mutation.

?

Nord

« Reply #1214 on: November 12, 2009, 06:21:58 PM »

Pete claims to be a christian. Yet supports homosexuality, supports evolution, and also believes white skin is a mutation.

All these are rejected in the bible.

The definition of Adam,  Strong?s Exhaustive Concordance, is: 

119: aw-dam?; to show blood (in the face) i.e. flush or turn rosy;

The bible states adam (the first man) was white skinned (only blood - haemoglobin shows under pale skin).

Again pete contradicts himself. You cant believe in evolution and mutations and bible.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #1215 on: November 12, 2009, 06:23:18 PM »
there is no evidence for any mutations. Again, evolutionists state skin mutated but it's not observable or scientific.

In fact recent DNA tests have proven the following:

12 % of the DNA Differs Amongst Human Races and Populations

Till now, humans of different races were thought almost identical

http://news.softpedia.com/news/12-of-the-DNA-Differs-Amongst-Human-Races-and-Populations-40872.shtml

Now although this article is evolutionist, it had updated and debunked the evolutionary ''out of africa'' theory and mutations

Races are no longer considered 99% percent identical. Now only 88-89% which disproves the idea of mutation.
I wonder how viruses become immune to already built antibodies...oh wait. I just caused DNA mutations in lab this week.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #1216 on: November 12, 2009, 06:24:21 PM »

Pete claims to be a christian. Yet supports homosexuality, supports evolution, and also believes white skin is a mutation.

The bible states adam (the first man) was white skinned (only blood - haemoglobin shows under pale skin).

Again pete contradicts himself. You cant believe in evolution and mutations and bible.

Well according to the Notre Dame department of philosophy you can.

?

Nord

« Reply #1217 on: November 12, 2009, 06:33:35 PM »
well 60+ pages and evolution/mutations have not been proven. Plus, the fact i've encountered an alleged christian here who supports homosexuality and evolution, also if you read back a few pages a guy who supports a paedophile. And these people are the so called skeptics of the flat earth and consider themselves ''normal''. lol.

« Reply #1218 on: November 12, 2009, 07:09:37 PM »
well 60+ pages and evolution/mutations have not been proven. Plus, the fact i've encountered an alleged christian here who supports homosexuality and evolution, also if you read back a few pages a guy who supports a paedophile. And these people are the so called skeptics of the flat earth and consider themselves ''normal''. lol.

Actually, putting only modern and industrialized societies in the forefront here, it actually is normal to both support homosexuality and evolution. Just sayin'.

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #1219 on: November 12, 2009, 07:14:16 PM »
And what evidence is there of your theory?  So far you have offered nothing but prejudice, and paranoid propaganda.  As well as seriously distorting or ignoring altogether definitions that have been provided for you here.  You do realize that the last three Popes endorsed evolution, the current one calling it an undeniable reality that should not challenge our faith in Jesus.  Many in Orthadox Christianity have endorsed it as well, and Christian Creationism is mostly an American creation.  So please, provide your evidence for creation, have you ever seen God create a fully adult organism before?

I, as well as others here, have provided an accurate definition of mutation, I will provide it again:

In biology, a mutation is a randomly derived change to the nucleotide sequence of the genetic material of an organism.

That is the cause of the variety of different traits in different species and individuals, that is what causes bacteria to develop resistance to antibiotics, a trait that it did not previously have because it was not in its genetic coding.  The traits of bacteria are there because of the coding in their DNA, when a bacteria lineage that doesn't have resistance to antibiotics develops that trait it is because of a randomly derived change to the nucleotide sequence of its genetic material, THAT IS MUTATION.  Otherwise how do you explain the development of these new traits which have been proven to be a change in their DNA coding?

You need to get your head out of a book and get a clue.  Arguing that Evolution is immoral does NOT prove the theory wrong in any way.  Your Bible fails miserably at morality.

If you are not trolling, and you seriously are this stupid, please set yourself on fire and don't have any children. 

Pete

« Reply #1220 on: November 12, 2009, 07:38:13 PM »

I confess to becoming bored. I already proved the existence of mutations and their role in novel phenotypes on page 60 by explaining Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.

Since he can't refute that, he just ignores it and starts attacking my religious identity and claiming that my refusal to demonize homosexuals is somehow un-Christian. I've kind of refuted everything he's saying already.

?

Nord

« Reply #1221 on: November 12, 2009, 07:59:30 PM »
And what evidence is there of your theory?

What i believe isn't a theory, it's proven fact:

1. Man only began to document history less than 5,000 years ago.
2. Civilizations are only a few thousand years old i.e Ancient Rome, Greece, Babylon, Egypt.
3. World myths and traditions support Young Earth Creationist dates.

The evidence for the antiquity of man only goes back less than 5,000 years. Not billions or millions based on imaginary pseudo-hominids.

Evolution is disproved on the basis it's a modern theory. To understand you would have to understand traditionalism and respect for your ancestors, which blatently evolutionists have no idea about, which is why they are sell outs and follow a modern theory of materialistic pseudo-science...

Pete

« Reply #1222 on: November 12, 2009, 08:03:19 PM »

Contradicted by all those 10,000 year old Neolithic ruins.... And all that cave artwork.

2. Civilizations are only a few thousand years old i.e Ancient Rome, Greece, Babylon, Egypt.

Except for the Mesopotamian ones which are significantly older.

And Greek Mythology teaches that diseases are caused by Apollo, Son of Zeus, shooting you with an arrow. What the frack is your point?

The evidence for the antiquity of man only goes back less than 5,000 years. Not billions or millions based on imaginary pseudo-hominids.

Oh snap, a temple that was in use in 10,000 B.C.

Evolution is disproved on the basis it's a modern theory. To understand you would have to understand traditionalism and respect for your ancestors, which blatently evolutionists have no idea about, which is why they are sell outs and follow a modern theory of materialistic pseudo-science...

Your silly. Morals and "traditionalism" have nothing to do with science.  ::)

You are officially:

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 11:40:47 PM by Pete »

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #1223 on: November 12, 2009, 08:29:58 PM »
 If there is any animal that breaks the rules of evolution in such a way that it could not possibly have evolved, the woodpecker is an example of such an animal.

The woodpecker's beak is unlike that of other birds. It is designed to hammer its way into the hardest of trees. If the woodpecker evolved, how would it develop its thick, tough beak? Let's suppose some bird decided that there must be all kinds of little critters which would be good for lunch hidden beneath the bark of trees. This bird decided to peck through the bark and into the hardwood tree. On first peck this bird discovered problems with the way it was put together. Its beak shattered when it was slammed against the tree, its tail feathers broke, and it developed a migraine-strength headache.

With a shattered beak, the little bird was unable to eat and so it died. Now this bird began to think, "I must evolve a thicker beak and stronger tail feathers and something to help prevent headaches." Of course not. Dead animals can not evolve anything. Yet the woodpecker not only has an industrial-strength beak, it also has a special cartilage between its head and beak to absorb some of the shock from the continuous drumming. Woodpeckers go home at night without a headache.

To help with the absorption of the constant pounding, the woodpecker has uniquely resilient tail feathers. It uses its tail feathers and feet to form a tripod effect as it clings to the tree. Even its feet are specially designed to enable it to move up, down, and around, vertical tree trunks. The feet of the woodpecker have two toes in front and two toes in back. Most other birds have three toes in front and one in back.

"This two-plus-two toe pattern....along with stiff yet elastic tail feathers, allows a woodpecker to grasp a tree firmly and balance itself on a vertical surface. When the woodpecker braces itself to chisel a hole, the tail feathers bend and spread, buttressing the bird against the rough tree surface. In this way feet and tail form an effective tripod to stabilize the blows of hammering into wood."

Suppose that somehow a bird, knowing there was lunch in those trees, developed the strong beak, the shock absorber cartilage between the beak and the skull, the ability to move its head faster than you can tap fingers, the "two-plus-two" feet and the super stiff yet elastic tail feathers. This bird still has a major problem. It will starve to death. How could it drag its lunch out of the little insect tunnels in the tree? Have you ever attempted to drag an insect larva out of a tunnel? They hang on!

God has taken care of the woodpecker by creating in it a tongue that is several times longer than the average bird's tongue. Lester and Bohlin comment:

"...the tongue of a woodpecker is in a class by itself. When chiseling into a tree, the woodpecker will occasionally come across insect tunnels. Its tongue is long and slender and is used to probe these tunnels for insects. The tip is like a spearhead with a number of barbs or hairs pointing rearward. This facilitates securing the insect while transporting it to the beak. A sticky gluelike substance coats the tongue to aid in this process as well."

What a fascinating creation! Not only does the woodpecker have little barbs on the tip of its tongue, it is also a mini glue factory. And the glue sticks securely to insects but does not stick to the beak of the woodpecker. Aren't God's creations marvelous!

But this is not all. Most birds have a tongue and a beak about the same length. The tongue of the woodpecker has evolutionists scratching their heads. It can be stretched far beyond the tip of the woodpecker's beak as it searches the larval tunnels for food. The animal kingdom displays no other tongues quite like that of the woodpecker. The tongue of some woodpeckers does not come from its throat up into its mouth like other creatures. The European Green woodpecker's tongue goes down the throat, out the back of the neck "...around the back of the skull beneath the skin, and over the top between the eyes, terminating usually just below the eye socket."  In some woodpeckers the tongue exits the skull between the eyes and enters the beak through one of the nostrils! How would this evolve? And from what ancestor did the woodpecker inherit its special beak, feet, tail feathers, shock absorbing cartilage, thicker skull and unique tongue?

The woodpecker displays the glory of his Creator who is also our Creator. Why would an evolutionist study a marvel of God's creation such as the woodpecker and still refuse to believe in God the Creator? Only one answer seems to make sense! Pride! Pride! Pride! "Rational," humanistic man thinks that he himself is the "...master of his fate and the captain of his soul...." This blinding pride does not allow the intrusion of a personal sovereign God, but rather sees man as the pinnacle of all that is.  Selfish bastards we are.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #1224 on: November 12, 2009, 08:46:21 PM »
Honestly Wardogg, do you even bother reading these things before posting them? That was the weakest argument against evolution since Nord made his last post.

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #1225 on: November 12, 2009, 08:52:36 PM »
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/woodpecker/woodpecker.html

I'm not going to bother copying and pasting like WD.  I will just post the link.  Seriously, do you ever do any fact checking on what you paste here?

Did you ever think that woodpeckers might have originally hammered there way into softer trees or fruit?  Like several different species of woodpecker do today.

Pete

« Reply #1226 on: November 12, 2009, 11:39:30 PM »

According to my Biology and Theology profs, you can.

?

Mykael

• Professor of the Horrible Sciences
« Reply #1227 on: November 13, 2009, 12:06:28 AM »

According to my Biology and Theology profs, you can.
According to 1.3 billion Catholics, you can.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #1228 on: November 13, 2009, 02:51:11 AM »
well 60+ pages and evolution/mutations have not been proven.

Keep posting that and it will come true!

Oh no wait. That's never never land.

Go away troll.

?

Sono_hito

• Hark Hark yon logic!
« Reply #1229 on: November 13, 2009, 04:57:21 AM »

Contradicted by all those 10,000 year old Neolithic ruins.... And all that cave artwork.

Except for the Mesopotamian ones which are significantly older.

And Greek Mythology teaches that diseases are caused by Apollo, Son of Zeus, shooting you with an arrow. What the frack is your point?

Oh snap, a temple that was in use in 10,000 B.C.

Your silly. Morals and "traditionalism" have nothing to do with science.  ::)

You are officially:

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others. - Douglas Adams