Question for the Flat-Earthers..

• 56 Replies
?

WoW

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2006, 10:37:44 PM »
"No, I still maintain that Earth and all the other planets are flat."

Dogplatter needs to take a ride in the space shuttle,that outta wake him up real quick :roll:

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2006, 11:06:01 PM »
Quote from: "Mephistopheles"
I would actually think that a supercontinent would be more likely on the Flat Earth than the Round Earth.

Impossible, for Antartica does not exist in your model.

?

Tranc3d0utkid

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 04:28:04 PM »
I just like you avoided my post because IM right

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 08:27:21 PM »
Quote from: "WoW"
Dogplatter needs to take a ride in the space shuttle,that outta wake him up real quick :roll:

Probably we all think you ought to take a ride in a space shuttle, given we all know what we'd see.

Considering it's unlikely either of these things will happen in the near future, perhaps its best to refrain from making useless recommendations.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2006, 03:47:48 AM »
Quote from: "Dr. Strangelove"
Another question- What of the Super-Continent of Pangea? It cannot exist in your FE Model, and there is proof that it *did* exist, for, on the RE Model, they fit together perfectly...as they should.

It didn't exist. There isn't acceptable proof that it did, and I probably have a counter-theory/theories which explain your "proof".

Explain the impact crater in the Gulf of Mexico.

Maybe dinosaurs discovered explosives technology, or started building some sort of city in the Gulf of Mexico.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2006, 04:03:33 AM »
Dogplatter,

Do you indeed believe that the earth is flat?  I have not examined all your posts, but that seems to be the case from this thread.  Correct me if I am mistaken.

- Dionysios

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2006, 04:15:00 AM »
Quote from: "Dionysios"
Dogplatter,

Do you indeed believe that the earth is flat?  I have not examined all your posts, but that seems to be the case from this thread.  Correct me if I am mistaken.

- Dionysios

I do believe the Earth is flat. My idea of the FE model is fairly similar to the one in the FAQ, although with some extra elements of hypothesis regarding the rotation of the Sun and Moon.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2006, 11:29:19 AM »
Quote from: "Mephistopheles"
I would actually think that a supercontinent would be more likely on the Flat Earth than the Round Earth.

Impossible, for Antartica does not exist in your model.

What does Antarctica have anything to do with a supercontinent?  Are you saying that all the continents on a Flat Earth starting from a single continent in the beginning is impossible because Antarctica doesn't exist?

This only works if maybe this was Captain Planet and one of the Planeteers was on vacation.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2006, 11:38:59 AM »
first off, " including the largest mountain in the Universe, Mount Olympus(sp?)." whats that about? how do we know thats the biggest in the universe? by that you mean the known of the universe i imagine?

and secondly, why the atom is neither sphericle, flat, or triangular.. it is in fact made up of mostly... empty space..
now.. what if, the govornment could manipulate these atoms into certain bonds, such as the "o-zone" layer, if all of these atoms, instead of carrying empty space, were in fact filled with the govornment-made holo-genetic, synthetic material, whats to say all that we see at night, is in fact a hologram?
y intellect matches that of einstein, my philosophical mind outcrafts socrates, and yet, pringles is such a satisfying name

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2006, 11:43:31 AM »
Quote from: "pringles"

now.. what if, the govornment could manipulate these atoms into certain bonds, such as the "o-zone" layer, if all of these atoms, instead of carrying empty space, were in fact filled with the govornment-made holo-genetic, synthetic material, whats to say all that we see at night, is in fact a hologram?

Wow.  I think you need to stop smoking crack.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2006, 11:46:35 AM »
I thought it was really cool.

A bit Sci-Fi'ish, of course, but creative none-the-less.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2006, 11:49:10 AM »
"pringles wrote:

now.. what if, the govornment could manipulate these atoms into certain bonds, such as the "o-zone" layer, if all of these atoms, instead of carrying empty space, were in fact filled with the govornment-made holo-genetic, synthetic material, whats to say all that we see at night, is in fact a hologram?"

"Wow. I think you need to stop smoking crack."

i believe that you need to stop placing emphasis that anyone with a theory you cant explain "smokes crack"
y intellect matches that of einstein, my philosophical mind outcrafts socrates, and yet, pringles is such a satisfying name

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2006, 12:36:26 PM »
The emply space in an atom is there for a reason.  You can't stick another atom (or even more rediculus, molecules) in that space.  Considering this theory is just plain stupid, I saw no need to explain why it was not possible.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2006, 12:43:52 PM »
and who told you it was there for a reason.. im guessing it was in your curriculum... created by the govornment?
how can you be sure it is empty space?
unless u are in fact a person who has managed to look inside of an atom (which i highly doubt).
i suggest you carefully consider your next move, what now.. claim im "smoking crack" again?

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2006, 12:44:44 PM »
and just so you are aware, nothing is impossible, merely implausable

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2006, 12:53:04 PM »
and just so you are aware, nothing is impossible, merely implausable

Nonsense.  It's impossible, for example, to consider the set of all sets that aren't elements of themselves.

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2006, 12:59:04 PM »
all i am trying to explain is that, your curriculum is developed by the govornment, you learn what they want you to learn, you are in fact (no matter how independant you think you are) controlled, and restricted by the rules and regulations of the govornment. For you ever heard of the s-9 set of elements? i doubt very much as this is a scholar talking to a bunch of over-philosophical school-kids/adults, as this was never in your curriculum i will explain:
the S-9 element is a theory in which an unstable atom of unproportional size and weight exists.
This atom is more powerful than any nuclear substance in its strength of reactivity, it has been highly disregarded as a theory, and guess who by?
govornment scientists.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2006, 01:08:08 PM »
This atom is more powerful than any nuclear substance in its strength of reactivity, it has been highly disregarded as a theory, and guess who by?
govornment scientists.

Disregarded by the people who..... make bombs?

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2006, 01:10:32 PM »
no, by disregarded i mean, disregarded to exist, people do not believe they exist purely because they are told it is an absurd idea, and you know what?
Who are they told by? the Govornment i'd imagine, how can we tell an atom only has 8 electrons except from the knowledge which has been filtered through govornment systems first? answer that, and ill be a happy man

?

Tranc3d0utkid

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2006, 05:54:49 PM »
why again are you ignoring my post...BECAUSE IM RIGHT RE'RS UNITE!

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2006, 06:01:05 PM »
Actually no. Read any of the dozens of posts regarding the bread-and-butter points you mentioned to find out why.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2006, 07:39:25 PM »
Quote from: "Tranc3d0utkid"
When Newton discovered and measured the force of gravity, that number could then be tested anywhere the theory was known.

Newton didn't 'discover' gravity.  It was well known that the force existed before him.  Newton himself didn't know what gravity was, he left that for "men greater than I."  However, his three laws of motion fit perfectly with the acceleration model of the world.  It was Einstein who surmised that gravity and acceleration are locally indistinguishable.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2006, 08:16:32 PM »
Antartica is a vital part of the 'Pangea Puzzle'. Without Antartica, not only is it much smaller, but it also doesn't fit together correctly.

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2006, 11:37:47 PM »
and the fossil records would be incredibly inaccurate
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2006, 04:18:42 AM »
Antartica is a vital part of the 'Pangea Puzzle'. Without Antartica, not only is it much smaller, but it also doesn't fit together correctly.

I've completed the Pangea Puzzle. The solution is that Pangea didn't exist.

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2006, 09:34:09 AM »
proof or shut up at this point dogplatter... as it has been comprehesively proven multiple times at this point
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2006, 12:27:34 PM »
all i am trying to explain is that, your curriculum is developed by the govornment, you learn what they want you to learn, you are in fact (no matter how independant you think you are) controlled, and restricted by the rules and regulations of the govornment. For you ever heard of the s-9 set of elements? i doubt very much as this is a scholar talking to a bunch of over-philosophical school-kids/adults, as this was never in your curriculum i will explain:
the S-9 element is a theory in which an unstable atom of unproportional size and weight exists.
govornment scientists.

Provide me with a link so that I can research this for myself.

-- Bob Hudson