why would only....

• 57 Replies
why would only....
« on: March 05, 2009, 08:25:22 PM »
why would only the earth be flat and no other planet? when looking out in a telescope you dont see other planets as planes.

all large planets and stars are almost perfect spheres because gravity equally pushes/pulls them. why would earth be the only exception?

please dont reply with cite sources, give data, and the other generic responses 90% of this community responds with because you can easily wikipedia and google this and figure find valid sources.

after reading a good 3 pages of threads in this section i've come to realize that other than the same basic theories the supporters of this website have they dont ever say anything new.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 08:28:07 PM by mikeh12 »

?

Proleg

Re: why would only....
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 08:29:22 PM »
The earth is not a planet. Read the FAQ.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 08:29:38 PM »
Why would only the earth have humans on it and no other planets.  When I look out my telescope to other planets I don't see any other humans looking back at me.  How can this be?!?

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 08:33:19 PM »
Why would only the earth have humans on it and no other planets.  When I look out my telescope to other planets I don't see any other humans looking back at me.  How can this be?!?

what does that have to do with this? good job at making yourself look horribly stupid
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 08:35:08 PM by mikeh12 »

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 08:34:46 PM »

planet or not it still has a gravitational force that would cause it to be spherical. this "mass" does not defy the laws that most of the universe abides by.

what happens when you roll a penny off of a table? it falls off.

what happens when you reach the "end" of the flat earth? nothing you keep going because it's round.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 08:36:56 PM by mikeh12 »

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 08:43:32 PM »

planet or not it still has a gravitational force that would cause it to be spherical. this "mass" does not defy the laws that most of the universe abides by.

what happens when you reach the "end" of the flat earth? nothing you keep going because it's round.
In FET, there is no gravity.  The illusion of gravity is created by the Earth's acceleration.  Like Proleg said, read the FAQ.  It will answer many of your questions.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one" - Albert Einstein

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 08:45:42 PM »

what does that have to do with this? good job at making yourself look horribly stupid

why would only the earth be flat and no other planet? when looking out in a telescope you dont see other planets as planes.

You started the stupidity.  Great job.

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 08:48:38 PM »

In FET, there is no gravity.  The illusion of gravity is created by the Earth's acceleration.  Like Proleg said, read the FAQ.  It will answer many of your questions.

according to the faq the sun/moon have gravity but the earth doesn't. relating this to dogs cats and lizards or some shit. are you shitting me? if your going to make crackpot theories at least make up a decent analogy. why do dogs have legs but only 1 dog doesn't would better suit it.

after reading the faq i stumbled upon this

why is australia warm if it is so close to that much ice?

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 08:52:22 PM »

c  d 

You started the stupidity.  Great job.

relating planets to humanity isn't a viable answer. the reason we dont know if there are other "humans" is because we are not advanced enough to see them. once we have a chance to explore more planets deeply will we know if there are signs of life. we CAN find other planets in space and using mathematics and science determine their shapes and distances from us.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 09:01:22 PM »
*sigh*

The point is, as far as we know earth is the only planet with humans.  Just as in the case that as far as we know earth is the only one that is a plane.  Try and keep up.  The principles aren't that hard.

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 09:10:20 PM »
*sigh*

The point is, as far as we know earth is the only planet with humans.  Just as in the case that as far as we know earth is the only one that is a plane.  Try and keep up.  The principles aren't that hard.
humans are an evolutionary "miracle" for lack of a better word. a lot of shit went right for you to be on this forum following some random guys book on why modern day science is a conspiracy. in freshman bio we learned how the first bacteria formed but im too lazy to find my papers.

now earth on the other hand is a supermass in space. earth DOES follow all the laws that other super masses do. earth has gravity. your idea of gravity is the earth accelerating but if that was the case we wouldn't be able to jump. we would crush our legs with the force of 1g hitting us. contemporary "gravity" states that matter is pushed both ways negating the whole ur legs are going to break.

just because you read in a couple of books that earth is flat and all of modern science and its thousands of books are wrong doesn't mean you are right. many of these FAQ answers have been disputed by common people and all we get back is your dumbass generic answers of OHH LAWD NASA SPENT ALL THEIR MONEY CREATING C4D AND MAYA SO THEY COULD FAKE SPACE LAUNCHES.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 09:17:35 PM »
So humanity is a miracle now.  I suppose from some invisible being in space?  Why couldn't this same miracle happen to create the one and only flat earth?

Now earth is a supermass in space?  Since when.  And have you actually seen earth from space?  How do you know for sure the exact shape of it?

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 09:20:53 PM »
So humanity is a miracle now.  I suppose from some invisible being in space?  Why couldn't this same miracle happen to create the one and only flat earth?

Now earth is a supermass in space?  Since when.  And have you actually seen earth from space?  How do you know for sure the exact shape of it?
i said miracle for lack of a better word. as in not religion, but please pick my words apart because thats all you can do to convince yourself you arn't thinking like a neanderthal. we DONT know that there isn't life because are arn't technologically advanced enough to see it.
we are technologically advanced and have been in space and have seen the earth but it turns out nasa spent billions of dollars photoshopping pictures. supermass in these terms is BIG FUCKING THING THAT CAUSES GRAVITY LIKE SUN AND OTHER PLANETS.

And have you actually seen a plat earth from space?  How do you know for sure the exact shape of it?

i've seen nasa photos but i guess those can't be used because they need to hush shit up.

the only flat earth i have seen from you is some random map somebody drew in 15 minutes.

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 09:33:50 PM »
And have you actually seen a plat earth from space?  How do you know for sure the exact shape of it?
Well its definitely not round.  And a triangle-shaped Earth?  That's just retarded.  So it must be flat.  There you go, problem solved.

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 09:34:39 PM »
Well its definitely not round.  And a triangle-shaped Earth?  That's just retarded.  So it must be flat.  There you go.
Well its definitely not flat.  And a triangle-shaped Earth?  That's just retarded.  So it must be round.  There you go.

i can sail from america to asia and back around to america

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 09:38:16 PM »
Well its definitely not round.  And a triangle-shaped Earth?  That's just retarded.  So it must be flat.  There you go.
Well its definitely not flat.  And a triangle-shaped Earth?  That's just retarded.  So it must be round.  There you go.

That was a joke, albeit a bad one.  I actually don't believe in FET.  I just happen think people should understand the theory before they bash it. 

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 09:44:02 PM »

That was a joke, albeit a bad one.  I actually don't believe in FET.  I just happen think people should understand the theory before they bash it. 
its not a theory. a theory has mounds of evidence backing it while this has a few ideas and some random books. following the ways of the higher ups of this idea of a flat earth im going to pick apart your words instead of answering.

the earth being round, gravity, black holes are all good theories while the earth being flat is a second graders first hypothesis in his science work book.

maybe just MAYBE if anybody on this forum had some sort of degree and legit experiments backed by colleges, companies and foundations would i believe one tiny bit of it but sadly nobody in their right mind would ever back this. unlike lets say uhh...NASA!!!!!!!!!! ESA!!!!! private colleges launching shit into space!!!!!!!! http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~cuspaceflight/media.php

please graduate the second grade and realize that blindly following this dumbass idea wont get you anywhere in life.
you guys are most likely scientologists.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 09:48:39 PM by mikeh12 »

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 09:49:03 PM »

its not a theory. a theory has mounds of evidence backing it while this has a few ideas and some random books. following the ways of the higher ups of this idea of a flat earth im going to pick apart your words instead of answering.

the earth being round, gravity, black hols are all good theories while the earth being flat is a second graders first hypothesis in his science work book.
There is actually some basis, mainly Robotham's writings.  He did some "experiments" that "prove" the Earth is flat.  The theory is plausible.  Completely ridiculous, but plausible.

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 09:56:16 PM »

the earth being round, gravity, black hols are all good theories while the earth being flat is a second graders first hypothesis in his science work book.
There is actually some basis, mainly Robotham's writings.  He did some "experiments" that "prove" the Earth is flat.  The theory is plausible.  Completely ridiculous, but plausible.

since when are 1 or a few results ever used in science? the supporters of these ideas put others down for not knowing basic science concepts when they are believing their ideas based off of a few random experiments. who is to say that he is part of a conspiracy to hide the world being round and shit went wrong and only he survived? 1 person, 1 experiment >contemporary science, physics and the laws of the universe? i think not

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 09:59:54 PM »
why am i trying to intelligently respond? look at this fucking picture...its  a cartoon

sad sad world when people honestly believe that this is what we live in

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 10:04:50 PM »

since when are 1 or a few results ever used in science? the supporters of these ideas put others down for not knowing basic science concepts when they are believing their ideas based off of a few random experiments. who is to say that he is part of a conspiracy to hide the world being round and shit went wrong and only he survived? 1 person, 1 experiment >contemporary science, physics and the laws of the universe? i think not
*Sigh*  Look, I completely agree with you.  But don't take it so seriously, I don't.  I post here because there are in interesting people and FET is an interesting concept.  There aren't too many people here who actually believe it and the ones that do are too stubborn to listen to reason anyways.

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 10:08:12 PM »

*Sigh*  Look, I completely agree with you.  But don't take it so seriously, I don't.  I post here because there are in interesting people and FET is an interesting concept.  There aren't too many people here who actually believe it and the ones that do are too stubborn to listen to reason anyways.

im not angry at the fact that im being argued with. im angry at the fact that grown men/women are debating in such childish and immature ways that nothing gets through their skulls.

skimming through a very old thread i found this and basically sums up this entire website.

m888: The united nationt includes countries from all over the world. It would be inpossible to show them all on a 3D globe picture.
Franct: So you acknowledge that Round Earthism cannot be represented, and thus is a sham? Interesting.
m888: What? not at all. I acknowledge that the earth is three dimensional and if you look at it from only one angle then you can't see the other side.
Franct: And now you deny what you plainly said. Interesting...
m888: I'm not denying anything! I said "picture"!!! Do you know what a PICTURE is?! It's 2 dimensional. You can't see the arctic an australia and the USA and the UK at the same time!
Franct: m888, stop evading. You said:

"The united nationt includes countries from all over the world. It would be inpossible to show them all on a 3D globe picture."

Clearly meaning that displaying all countries on a globe was impossible, and that the Round Earth model is contradictory.

im a FET and im 4 and 1/2:)

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2009, 10:08:22 PM »
Happy now?  This isn't a cartoon.

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2009, 10:09:55 PM »
Happy now?  This isn't a cartoon.

thanks for spending the time to pick one of the less serious posts. that picture is still hilarious in the fact that our world is flat and surrounded by ice with guards patrolling. how can you not laugh at the thought of that?

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2009, 10:28:26 PM »
another question. if the earth is accelerating how come it can't catch up to a shuttle those first few seconds of lift off?

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2009, 10:41:16 PM »
another question. if the earth is accelerating how come it can't catch up to a shuttle those first few seconds of lift off?

You aren't serious with that question are you.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 07:58:07 AM by WardoggKC130FE »

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2009, 07:24:01 AM »

http://www.forumspile.com/Blank-Facepalm.gif

You aren't serious with that question are you.

not valid proof.

?

zeroply

• Flat Earth believer
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2009, 07:30:29 AM »

Imagine that you're driving your Chevy (or Toyota if you're a liberal) at the speed of light, and you turn your headlights on. They still work right?

It's just like that.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2009, 01:33:25 PM »
The thrust the shuttle must produce to achieve liftoff away from an Earth accelerating toward it at 9.8m/s2, is undifferentiable from the thrust it must produce to achieve liftoff away from an Earth in which it is being accelerated towards (allegedly by gravity) at 9.8m/s2.

Einstein's Equivalence Principal states that you cannot tell the difference between the two locally.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 01:43:59 PM by ﮎingulaЯiτy »
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2009, 10:01:46 PM »
*sigh*

The principle Principle that you need to keep up with: The Earth is not special. Get over it. Every time we believed that the Earth is the center of the Universe, in any manner, shape, or form, we found out that we were wrong.