antartica

• 356 Replies

CaptainBaconMan

• Yeah? Well you're STUPID.
Re: antartica
« Reply #270 on: June 19, 2008, 05:01:16 PM »
We can therefore conclude that Pangea didn't exist. And before you try and use fossil evidence to debunk this - the fact that dinosaur fossils are spread out in confusing ways reflects the fact that dinosaurs were actually much more highly advanced than we think they were - they had mastered the technology of intercontinental travel. Heck, they probably knew about the ice wall too, and who knows, their governments (if they had any) were probably surpressing it even back then.
Yeah, you know. Because people without opposable thumbs can hold tools, and use them to build things. Mkaes perfect sense to me! That or the dinosaurs morphed into boats. Using their advanced knowledge of their genomes, they invented temporary enzyme catalysts that edited their DNA and turned them into organic sea vessels.
Bitches don't know 'bout my theistic evolution.
Quote from: goldstein
I've started a group on facebook.
When I get 100,000 members the ice wall will be smashed.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #271 on: June 19, 2008, 05:05:30 PM »
Yeah, you know. Because people without opposable thumbs can hold tools, and use them to build things. Mkaes perfect sense to me! That or the dinosaurs morphed into boats. Using their advanced knowledge of their genomes, they invented temporary enzyme catalysts that edited their DNA and turned them into organic sea vessels.

Congratulations on disregarding the debate worked through in this thread!

Your retarded disanalogy fails utterly. People who have made complex tools have not understood genetics.

We've already discussed the nuances of dinosaur brains and their potential capabilities, and I have personally performed experiments showing the versatility of three-fingered hands. Perhaps you should read more and post less.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

CaptainBaconMan

« Reply #272 on: June 19, 2008, 05:06:30 PM »

Your retarded disanalogy fails utterly. People who have made complex tools have not understood genetics.

We've already discussed the nuances of dinosaur brains and their potential capabilities, and I have personally performed experiments showing the versatility of three-fingered hands. Perhaps you should read more and post less.

Good job at getting worked up over a joke.

By the way. Did you explore the possibility of your arms being totally useless, and two feet long, while your body is ten times bigger? That and not being able to see anything that is not in motion? You would have to constantly shake your head.

I can say whatever I god damned please. Seeing as that is exactly what you are doing.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 05:10:00 PM by CaptainBaconMan »

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #273 on: June 19, 2008, 05:09:00 PM »

Kudos for cracking lame jokes as your only contribution to an important debate.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #274 on: June 19, 2008, 05:10:18 PM »
By the way. Did you explore the possibility of your arms being totally usless and two feet long while you body is ten times bigger?

Did you ever consider the possibility that not all dinosaurs were tyrannosaurs?

CaptainBaconMan

« Reply #275 on: June 19, 2008, 05:10:31 PM »

Kudos for cracking lame jokes as your only contribution to an important debate.
That's the joke

CaptainBaconMan

« Reply #276 on: June 19, 2008, 05:11:54 PM »
By the way. Did you explore the possibility of your arms being totally usless and two feet long while you body is ten times bigger?

Did you ever consider the possibility that not all dinosaurs were tyrannosaurs?
Yes, most of them have elephant feet. Which is a crude way of putting it. The only dinosaurs I can think of that have long enough arms would be raptors. I'm not an archaeologist so excuse me for not knowing every damn dinosaur ever.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #277 on: June 19, 2008, 05:15:13 PM »
Yes, most of them have elephant feet. Which is a crude way of putting it. the only dinosaurs I can think of that have long enough arms would be raptors. I'm not an archaeologist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achillobator
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasaurolophus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corythosaurus

Etc., etc., etc.

Regardless, modern birds use their mouths in complex tool manipulation.

Even if dinosaurs had been paraplegic, they could still have constructed formidable navies.

CaptainBaconMan

« Reply #278 on: June 19, 2008, 05:19:17 PM »
Yes, most of them have elephant feet. Which is a crude way of putting it. the only dinosaurs I can think of that have long enough arms would be raptors. I'm not an archaeologist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achillobator
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasaurolophus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corythosaurus

Etc., etc., etc.

Regardless, modern birds use their mouths in complex tool manipulation.

Even if dinosaurs had been paraplegic, they could still have constructed formidable navies.
Modern birds can manipulate those tools, but the most complex 'tool' I've seen a bird create, is a nest.
Anyways, are you saying that only those genus are capable of tool manipulation and creation? What about the other dinosaurs? Are they even capable of complex cognitive functions?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2008, 05:28:40 PM »
Modern birds can manipulate those tools, but the most complex 'tool' I've seen a bird create, is a nest.
Anyways, are you saying that only those genus are capable of tool manipulation and creation? What about the other dinosaurs? Are they even capable of complex cognitive functions?

Birds are one of the modern species most closely related to dinosaurs. However, species of many different subclassifications have exhibited varying degrees of tool use - otters, for example, which are mammals, routinely use rocks as tools for breaking open shellfish.

Benocrates

• Canadian Philosopher
« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2008, 07:54:35 PM »
dogplatter is approaching narcy in troll nonsense.
Quote from: President Barack Obama
Pot had helped
Get the fuck over it.

« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2008, 08:25:21 PM »

Yeah, it's really easy to prove what the capabilities of dinosaurs are, what with all of the evidence we have and live dinosaur specimens to test on
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 09:17:13 PM by Penispoop agogo »

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2008, 09:35:33 PM »
Yeah, it's really easy to prove what the capabilities of dinosaurs are, what with all of the evidence we have and live dinosaur specimens to test on

Precisely why we cannot rule out boat building. Here is a composite of some posts I have already made on the subject.

I suspect that the enlarged nerve plexus of all sauropods allowed more of the proper brain and medio-rostral neostriatum/hyperstriatum ventrale and a form of nidopallium to control cognitive function.

Did you know the nerve plexus I referenced was roughly 20 times the size of their brain? That leaves a lot of room for a nidopallium in the skull. All dinosaurs had such a nerve plexus, though it was most pronounced in the sauropods.
The brain of a crow is relatively small but the crow has shown the ability to make tools; something that even primates (apart from humans) have not demonstrated. The size of the nidopallium in a dinosaur would be several times as large.

"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

?

[][][]

• Man of science.
« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2008, 09:52:02 PM »
Not true, toolmaking in chimpanzees has been a well documented phenomenon ever since Jane Goodall's studies. Here is a more recent study demonstrating chimps making hunting tools.

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~nscentral/news/2007/feb/chimpstools.shtml
The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us. -Some Frenchy

Ski

• Planar Moderator
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #285 on: June 19, 2008, 10:22:18 PM »
Again with the boat thing. If dinosaurs were so smart, why is evolution so fucking slow? I mean, seriously. Dinosaurs build boats, and then there's a span of hundreds of millions of years where non boat building animals exist, then humans pop up and the practice starts up again.

What happened in the animal world that suddenly nobody made boats, was it a union issue or something?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #286 on: June 19, 2008, 10:37:13 PM »
If humans and most other animals are wiped out tomorrow in a cataclysmic event, how long do you expect before another animal starts building boats?

« Reply #287 on: June 19, 2008, 11:44:09 PM »
If humans and most other animals are wiped out tomorrow in a cataclysmic event, how long do you expect before another animal starts building boats?

Why have humans done so much in their existence when compared to any other animal whose existence spans over hundreds of millions of years. But then again this is pointless to argue because you can't prove they actually built boats, because there is no physical evidence to put into the equation

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #288 on: June 20, 2008, 04:39:19 AM »
Cuz Dinosaurs didn't have fossil fuels to power their inventions.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #289 on: June 20, 2008, 10:02:59 AM »
First fossil fuels would be available -- I sincerely doubt they used them, however, as there is no evidence to support such an infrastructure. Why in the world would you believe that fossil fuels are necessary for boats, I'll never know.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #290 on: June 20, 2008, 12:26:08 PM »
First fossil fuels would be available -- I sincerely doubt they used them, however, as there is no evidence to support such an infrastructure. Why in the world would you believe that fossil fuels are necessary for boats, I'll never know.

Dinosaurs were smart, but not smart enough to use solar power. So how would they power their outboard motors? Thats why they werent as advanced as we are. No fossil fuels. Otherwise they would have traveled the oceans faster than with their primitive sails.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #291 on: June 20, 2008, 12:52:03 PM »
Now you're just being silly.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #292 on: June 20, 2008, 03:22:28 PM »
Incorrect. I am winning the topic.

« Reply #293 on: June 20, 2008, 03:31:27 PM »
And how on earth (for a moment I don't carre if it's flat or not.) how are they going to use those machines or all those other things without opposeble thumbs?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #294 on: June 20, 2008, 04:18:08 PM »
The same way other animals use things without opposable thumbs?   ???

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #295 on: June 20, 2008, 05:02:44 PM »
And how on earth (for a moment I don't carre if it's flat or not.) how are they going to use those machines or all those other things without opposeble thumbs?

Why would a creature without opposable thumbs build something that needs opposable thumbs to use?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #296 on: June 20, 2008, 10:48:21 PM »
You need opposable thumbs to use a boat? Pirates only need one leg and one good hand -- they get by with a peg leg, and a hook. I'm pretty sure the dinosaurs would manage to sit their asses on a boat.

« Reply #297 on: June 20, 2008, 11:46:45 PM »
You need opposable thumbs to use a boat? Pirates only need one leg and one good hand -- they get by with a peg leg, and a hook. I'm pretty sure the dinosaurs would manage to sit their asses on a boat.

Why would a creature without opposable thumbs build something that needs opposable thumbs to use?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #298 on: June 21, 2008, 12:15:16 AM »
You don't need opposable thumbs to use a boat. You guys are dense.

« Reply #299 on: June 21, 2008, 12:34:11 AM »
You don't need opposable thumbs to use a boat. You guys are dense.

Again with the "using" of boats, you're pretty dense