antartica

• 356 Replies
?

cizzydo

antartica
« on: June 18, 2006, 04:25:37 AM »
Hi, my name is Ciaran and i'm a firm believer in the round earth theory, i think that flat earth theories are fundamentally flawed and i find it difficult to believe that anyone truly still think that our earth is flat. However, i don't want to angrily rant at those who persist in being comedically ignorant.
so, i'd like to ask, if the continent of antartica doesn't exist, then do penguins exist? do they live on this supposed "ice wall"? what about the film "march of the penguins", was this filmed in a studio? are the penguins just good character actors? is morgan freeman a government agent?

antartica
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 09:54:36 AM »
The only answer youre gonna get here is gonna be the one they give when something proves them wrong.... its a conspiracy
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Re: antartica
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 09:56:00 AM »
Penguins were actually created in the 1960's by Russian scientists who combined the DNA of otters and birds.
The presence of penguins around the ice wall is actually a clever means of providing a reliable food source for conspiracy staff stationed there.

Penguins were deliberately engineered to be very easy to catch (hence their lack of flight), but also to be extremely efficient at catching and eating fish. It is economically easier for conspiracy ice-wall guards to have penguins indirectly harvest fish for them, then shoot or trap the fish-filled penguins with ease.

In answer to your other question - yes, March of the Penguins was filmed in a studio. Those penguins were probably animatronic replicas though, because the government can't afford to use large numbers of penguins except for feeding ice-wall guards.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

antartica
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 10:01:37 AM »
wow dogplatter... you are insane.  i cant even describe how hard i laughed when i read your explaination for penguins.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
antartica
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 10:04:01 AM »
How else do you explain that penguins are unable to fly, and why penguin fossil records are basically non-existant? There are no penguin fossils because penguins didn't evolve - they were MADE.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

antartica
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 10:06:12 AM »
The continent of antarctica exists, it is just very different in shape than it is supposed on the round earth; it is a large plane of ice that encircles the disc earth. Penguins most likely live on the plane of ice, probably in the most seaward few miles, as further back would be more heavily guarded by the ice wall police.

antartica
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 10:12:05 AM »
Stop contradicting the beliefs of the FE if youre going to show their beliefs.  The FE FAQ states that there is no continent there, no landmass.  That is a failure in logic, even Dogplatter's post about the russians is more coherent and sane.  According to the conspiracy ideal, the government wouldnt let anyone near the ice wall, so they couldnt make that movie; even if it does show antarctica...

Advocatus Diaboli

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
antartica
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 10:15:05 AM »
Quote from: "Unimportant"
The continent of antarctica exists, it is just very different in shape than it is supposed on the round earth; it is a large plane of ice that encircles the disc earth. Penguins most likely live on the plane of ice, probably in the most seaward few miles, as further back would be more heavily guarded by the ice wall police.

But they live in tandem with the ice wall police - they were created specifically for that purpose.

antartica
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 10:18:32 AM »
Quote from: "CrimsonKing"
Stop contradicting the beliefs of the FE if youre going to show their beliefs.  The FE FAQ states that there is no continent there, no landmass.  That is a failure in logic, even Dogplatter's post about the russians is more coherent and sane.  According to the conspiracy ideal, the government wouldnt let anyone near the ice wall, so they couldnt make that movie; even if it does show antarctica...

There's more than one FE model.

If you sailed south and saw a big plane of ice, you would say "Hey that's antarctica!"

You would actually be looking at the ice wall. If you think pointing out a minor semantic discrepency is a personal victory, then you are mistaken.

antartica
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 10:35:31 AM »
Except antarctica is LANDMASS, as in a mass, with land, not a big wall of ice, so it is fundamentally different, good try though

Advocatus Diaboli

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
antartica
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 10:38:38 AM »
Except antarctica is LANDMASS, as in a mass, with land, not a big wall of ice, so it is fundamentally different, good try though

No, it's just ice. The reason it formed was due to none of it being in the sun's circular path, preventing it from melting. How would land just magically freeze there with it?

antartica
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 10:40:05 AM »
No, its a landmass, it was part of the Pangaea seperation, the ice formed because of the extreme coldness of the area it is in, and the fact that it snows so much, causing permafrost

Advocatus Diaboli

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
antartica
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 10:47:27 AM »
No, its a landmass, it was part of the Pangaea seperation, the ice formed because of the extreme coldness of the area it is in, and the fact that it snows so much, causing permafrost

Quote from: "http://www.extremescience.com/ThickestIce.htm"
Even though it is covered in ice it receives some of the least amount of rainfall, getting just slightly more rainfall than the Sahara Desert, making it the largest desert on earth. Most people have the misconception that a desert is a hot, dry, sandy, lifeless place, but the true definition of a desert is any geographical location that receives very, very little rainfall. Even though there's ice on the ground in Antarctica, that ice has been there for a very long time.

Not an amazing source, but this is fairly common knowledge even among RE'ers. Antarctica (the ice wall) recieves hardly any precipitation whatsoever! It doesn't snow or rain much in antarctica at all.

antartica
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 10:49:54 AM »
oh sorry about that, yorue correct about not much snowfall, and im perfectly willing to admit that one, a brainfart on my part, but as your source even says, the ice has been there a very long time, but theres ice on the ground

Advocatus Diaboli

antartica
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 10:50:51 AM »
Crimson you just made me think of another thing that helps disprove unimportants FE theory statement that antarctica is a ring shaped continent.

Assuming that FE theory believes the  supercontinent Pangaea existed at some point and that antarctica is actually just a big ring shaped continent that surrounds the rest of the earth.

This presents a problem because in order for Pangaea to have broken apart the outer ring (antarctica in the FE model) would have had to expand, providing space for the other continents to move into.  How could a ring of land increase its radius without breaking at some point?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
antartica
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 11:00:02 AM »
Quote from: "Sepulchre"
Crimson you just made me think of another thing that helps disprove unimportants FE theory statement that antarctica is a ring shaped continent.

Assuming that FE theory believes the  supercontinent Pangaea existed at some point and that antarctica is actually just a big ring shaped continent that surrounds the rest of the earth.

This presents a problem because in order for Pangaea to have broken apart the outer ring (antarctica in the FE model) would have had to expand, providing space for the other continents to move into.  How could a ring of land increase its radius without breaking at some point?

We can therefore conclude that Pangea didn't exist. And before you try and use fossil evidence to debunk this - the fact that dinosaur fossils are spread out in confusing ways reflects the fact that dinosaurs were actually much more highly advanced than we think they were - they had mastered the technology of intercontinental travel. Heck, they probably knew about the ice wall too, and who knows, their governments (if they had any) were probably surpressing it even back then.

antartica
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 11:07:05 AM »
dogplatter... get off the drugs, its affecting your mental abilities.  This is in fact proving the RE theory, and debunking the FE side of things

Using fossil evidence proves you are an idiot, as the statement you made seems to be under the assumption that there was more than one continent,

Pangaea was one super-continent, allowing travel between the things that would eventually break up into many different continents.  

Pangaea itself disproves the FE thoery, as that would have been a time w/out an ice wall if that is antarctica (which has fossils that were origionally believed to be exculivly in australia, found by independant archaeologists)  which proves the supercontinent, and in FE theory this would cause all the water to spill out

Advocatus Diaboli

antartica
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 11:10:19 AM »
As painful as it is for me to admit, Dogplatter speaks true words. Animals and humans alike have been oppressed for millenia, the government hiding behind the veil of insanity to anyone who contradicts their ice wall views.

From my work as an ice grunt (captain, 62nd division), I can agree that previous animal inhabitents of the earth also were ignorant of the truth, as I found when we observed some dinosaur council ice-carvings. They debated for many days over whether the populace should be enlightened with the truth, yet the dino government was pressuered by ring-wingers (teradactols) into promoting the lie, a sort of prehistoric matrix.

antartica
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2006, 11:13:38 AM »
pterodactyl is spelled with a p

and ive said it before, ill say it again, get off the drugs[/u][/i]

Advocatus Diaboli

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
antartica
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2006, 11:16:04 AM »
dogplatter... get off the drugs, its affecting your mental abilities.  This is in fact proving the RE theory, and debunking the FE side of things

The fact that you're resorting to an ad hominem attack by implying that I'm a drug addict just shows the weakness of YOUR argument.

Using fossil evidence proves you are an idiot, as the statement you made seems to be under the assumption that there was more than one continent,

Sepulche pointed out that Pangea was impossible under the FE model, which was quite right. I'm not so much using fossil evidence as pre-empting the inevitable fossil-evidence argument which would be used against me (if pangea didn't exist, how did dinosaur fossils spread across the Earth?).

Pangaea was one super-continent, allowing travel between the things that would eventually break up into many different continents.  

We've established already that this couldn't have been the case. As Sepulche said, the wall would have had to expand in order for land to split apart within it - impossible!

Pangaea itself disproves the FE thoery, as that would have been a time w/out an ice wall if that is antarctica (which has fossils that were origionally believed to be exculivly in australia, found by independant archaeologists)  which proves the supercontinent, and in FE theory this would cause all the water to spill out

If dinosaurs had intercontinental capabilities, they would blatantly have sent scouting dinosaurs to the wall, and doubtless some of them would have died there. In fact, fossil evidence in antarctica proves my point even more.

antartica
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2006, 11:16:10 AM »
Drugs are the only freind during the long nights when patrolling the ice wall.

antartica
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 11:25:19 AM »
Sepulche pointed out that Pangea was impossible under the FE model, which was quite right.

exactly why I am a RE person, because established geologican and archaelogican evidence prove you wrong, and if you can prove the dinosaurs had a conspiracy im willing to believe the earth is flat, and that pigs fly, and why not that hot snow falls up

Advocatus Diaboli

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
antartica
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2006, 11:29:22 AM »

exactly why I am a RE person, because established geologican and archaelogican evidence prove you wrong, and if you can prove the dinosaurs had a conspiracy im willing to believe the earth is flat, and that pigs fly, and why not that hot snow falls up

I never explicitly said the dinosaurs had a conspiracy. What I'm saying is that they lived on seperate continents and had enough resources and technology to travel between them and, periodically, die on different continents too.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
antartica
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 11:30:42 AM »
and why not that hot snow falls up

Technically, hot snow does fall up. Ever heard of melting followed by evaporation? Yeah.

antartica
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 11:32:26 AM »
But the argument in question was specifically Pangaea, whic has been proven geologically and achealogically, so you cannot say it doesnt work, and it cannot have happened in FE theory, bar your explination, which still doesnt work, as anything would have been discovered archaelogically, so essentially you failed in this one.

Advocatus Diaboli

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
antartica
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 11:36:12 AM »
But the argument in question was specifically Pangaea, whic has been proven geologically and achealogically, so you cannot say it doesnt work, and it cannot have happened in FE theory, bar your explination, which still doesnt work, as anything would have been discovered archaelogically, so essentially you failed in this one.

I explained how currently accepted fossil evidence backs up my claims. The common concensus is that the wide spread of dinosaur remains across different modern day continents proves that there was once a single land mass, right? I assume that's what you're referring to.

That theory doesn't allow for the possibility that dinosaurs could have travelled between continents if they HAD been split up the whole time (which they were). Building boats isn't that difficult, I'm sure some dinosaurs could have managed it.

antartica
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2006, 11:37:18 AM »
And I say my dinosaur council carvings were discovered archaelogically, so therefore you cannot say it doesnt work. Have you ever visited the great wall? Your ignorance is proof that me and my fellow grunts do our job well, and for that compliment I thank you.

antartica
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2006, 11:39:00 AM »
except no they could not, first of all, they were not intelegent enough, but we cannot be too sure of that, as we werent around with them (ill just convieniently leave out the fact that their brains were about the size of my fist)... but anatomically, they were not handy enough to use tools... as none existed, even barring that, they havent opposable thumbs.

Advocatus Diaboli

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
antartica
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2006, 11:39:18 AM »
Quote from: "horse"
And I say my dinosaur council carvings were discovered archaelogically, so therefore you cannot say it doesnt work. Have you ever visited the great wall? Your ignorance is proof that me and my fellow grunts do our job well, and for that compliment I thank you.

I've never heard about so called "dinosaur council carvings". Are you making fun of me?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
antartica
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2006, 11:42:01 AM »
except no they could not, first of all, they were not intelegent enough, but we cannot be too sure of that, as we werent around with them (ill just convieniently leave out the fact that their brains were about the size of my fist)... but anatomically, they were not handy enough to use tools... as none existed, even barring that, they havent opposable thumbs.

As you say yourself, we can't be sure of dinosaur intelligence (<-this is the correct spelling btw). Even if their brains were small, how do we know that they didn't combine their efforts somehow?

Many anatomically non-humanlike animals in the modern world use tools. Otters, for example, lack opposable thumbs, but they use rocks to crack open shellfish. Besides, opposable thumbs aren't the only tool-using appendage you can have. What about birds? How do they build nests?