Asteroids

• 46 Replies
Asteroids
« on: March 02, 2009, 05:38:30 PM »
Okay if Gravity is caused by the universe accelerating at 9.8 ft per a second then why do asteroids that hit the planet have gravity affect them. since they were accelerating at 9.8ft per second why do they stop accelerating when they hit the planet. Shouldn't they not appear to be affected by gravity and float?
You can't outrun death forever
But you can sure make the old bastard work for it.

Re: Asteroids
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 05:46:40 PM »
According to FET:  we 'run into' them.

Which doesn't quite explain why we do not see significant blue shift in things we are going to run into.  Unless somehow every single object we magically run into is moving only very slightly slower than us, on the scale of 0.0001% the speed of light slower, and we -never- approach objects moving too much slower than us.  Which is also rediculious because according to FET we'd be moving so close to the speed of light even a slight shift in the speed an object is travelling would destroy us...

Anyways, I've given you their argument and my counter argument.  :)

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 06:00:08 PM »
Okay if Gravity is caused by the universe accelerating at 9.8 ft per a second then why do asteroids that hit the planet have gravity affect them. since they were accelerating at 9.8ft per second why do they stop accelerating when they hit the planet. Shouldn't they not appear to be affected by gravity and float?

FE answer: They are being floated.

Truth. Its all gibberish. Thinking about meteors when you havent figured out the shape of the earth is like thinking about nuclear power stations when you're struggling to make fire.

?

Proleg

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 09:00:42 PM »
A more pressing question is why hemorrhoids are called hemorrhoids and asteroids called asteroids...shouldn't they be the other way around? :-\

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 06:29:20 AM »
Another bizarre thing about meteors in the FE model is that meteors always occur, excusing a few outliers, after midnight. This is a side effect of the direction the earth is moving around the Sun in a RE model, but there's no reason for it in a FE model.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 07:17:15 AM »
Another bizarre thing about meteors in the FE model is that meteors always occur, excusing a few outliers, after midnight. This is a side effect of the direction the earth is moving around the Sun in a RE model, but there's no reason for it in a FE model.

Ha yeah I was thinking about that the other day, I think someone elses thread was heading in the same direction.

Anyway, its all jenkem, so don't fret too hard.

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 07:22:11 PM »
Great observation.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 07:45:48 PM »
Ok the OP was confusing, why don't asteroids work in FET?

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 07:49:21 PM »
Ok the OP was confusing, why don't asteroids work in FET?

Because everything is moving at the same rate I think is what he was trying to say.

I agree with the other poster more though.  How come we know every year when the meteor showers will come and from what direction in the sky they will come from if we continue to move up?
The Earth is Round.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 07:54:19 PM »
Because we can see objects from certain distances heading toward us.  Or us heading toward them, however you want it.

And if an object is moving at a certain speed prior to encountering the earth then why would it "float"?

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 07:56:08 PM »
Because we can see objects from certain distances heading toward us.  Or us heading toward them, however you want it.

And if an object is moving at a certain speed prior to encountering the earth then why would it "float"?

Because...according to FE everything in the universe is moving at the same rate.
The Earth is Round.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 07:58:41 PM »

Because...according to FE everything in the universe is moving at the same rate.

But what if an asteroids properties changed.  Not to allow the UA to act upon it any more.  Wouldn't it then appear to "fall" to earth?

?

Robbyj

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 08:00:11 PM »

But what if an asteroids properties changed.  Not to allow the UA to act upon it any more.  Wouldn't it then appear to "fall" to earth?

It wouldn't have to.  Only a difference in acceleration would be required.
Why justify an illegitimate attack with a legitimate response?

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 08:59:52 PM »

Either way the effect would still be the same and it still works in the model at hand.

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 09:14:44 PM »

Let's be fair here! The FET has so poorly defined its UA that there's no way to argue. FE can't explain how the Sun and Moon stay so precisely above the FE, all the while flying around the NP. Why should we be bothered that it fails to keep some gravel aloft?

?

Proleg

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 09:16:32 PM »

Let's be fair here! The FET has so poorly defined its UA that there's no way to argue. FE can't explain how the Sun and Moon stay so precisely above the FE, all the while flying around the NP. Why should we be bothered that it fails to keep some gravel aloft?
Seems like someone is riding the Bitter Bus...

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 09:24:19 PM »
Another win for FE!

?

zork

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 09:16:14 AM »
I agree with the other poster more though.  How come we know every year when the meteor showers will come and from what direction in the sky they will come from if we continue to move up?
I'm wondering also about that. How come we see Halley's Comet every 75-76 years? How we can see Leonids meteor shower every year around November 17? In FE hypothetical universe model if we go past something(or how we can go past something if UA pushes all things forward) then how we can go past it again? It's confusing....
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 09:20:20 AM »
Search celestial gears.

?

zork

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 09:37:29 AM »
Search celestial gears.
There isn't anything concrete about celestial gears. Only one message - http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=25108.msg553728#msg553728
Celestial gears: Mecanism that rotates groups of matching stars around certain points above Antarctica. Possibly due to some kind of interaction with the main rotation around the North Pole, but why is currently unknown.
 And how many celestial gears there are? There are many regular meteor showers and many periodic comets. So, there is one gear for every meteor shower and periodic comet? And these gears are solid discs and UA pushes these gears also upward with us? Can you use your imagination and put these gears with stars and meteor showers and comets in the picture? So that I can get some visual thing before my eye, I'm a little bad with this kind of 3D imagination.
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009, 09:43:15 AM »
We are God's fourth grade science fair project that he didn't get first place on, so we are sitting on the top shelf of his closet.
The Earth is Round.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 06:21:15 PM »
Search celestial gears.
There isn't anything concrete about celestial gears. Only one message - http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=25108.msg553728#msg553728
Celestial gears: Mecanism that rotates groups of matching stars around certain points above Antarctica. Possibly due to some kind of interaction with the main rotation around the North Pole, but why is currently unknown.
 And how many celestial gears there are? There are many regular meteor showers and many periodic comets. So, there is one gear for every meteor shower and periodic comet? And these gears are solid discs and UA pushes these gears also upward with us? Can you use your imagination and put these gears with stars and meteor showers and comets in the picture? So that I can get some visual thing before my eye, I'm a little bad with this kind of 3D imagination.

Actually its pretty simple.  Here let me show you a simplified version

_________________________________________   <---comet layer

_________________________________________    <--- Asteroid layer

_________________________________________    <--- most of the other celestial bodies

_________________________________________     <--- Earth

All turning on the same spindle.

This simplified model does not depict the infinite plane FET.

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2009, 09:46:29 AM »
If I recall correctly, the whole celestial gears thing was to explain why you see the same stars from Argentina as you do from Australia, and why they seem to be rotating above a point to the South rather than the North. It's some kind of huge invisible celestial epicyclic gearing system. The problem people have with it is that there's no explanation for why such a huge and unnatural construction is there.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2009, 01:14:46 PM »
Unnatural,    like this?

or this?

Sometimes things cannot be explained.

?

Proleg

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2009, 01:20:19 PM »
Wardogg is brilliant.

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2009, 01:44:16 PM »
It's called a cairn.  I make them myself or repair them all the time.  The only thing natural about them is the rocks they are made of.
The Earth is Round.

?

zork

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2009, 03:46:57 PM »
Actually its pretty simple.  Here let me show you a simplified version

_________________________________________   <---comet layer

_________________________________________    <--- Asteroid layer

_________________________________________    <--- most of the other celestial bodies

_________________________________________     <--- Earth

All turning on the same spindle.
Sorry, if I get three transparent layers and draw one of them stars, to second some meteors and third one comet and turn them above my head then I can't get the movement of meteors which I see on Leonids or Perseids meteor shower. Or some comet movement. Also there is some 70 meteor showers throughout the year. And about 200 periodic and 200 non periodic comets with different timetable.  And they all move differently. How about you draw your picture again but this time with some 500 celestial gear planes?
-

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2009, 03:59:33 PM »
Unnatural,    like this?

or this?

Sometimes things cannot be explained.

Why do you think that can't be explained?

I could go out build a rock sculpture and take a picture. Also I didn't think a picture was admissible as evidence?

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009, 08:17:51 PM »

Sorry, if I get three transparent layers and draw one of them stars, to second some meteors and third one comet and turn them above my head then I can't get the movement of meteors which I see on Leonids or Perseids meteor shower. Or some comet movement. Also there is some 70 meteor showers throughout the year. And about 200 periodic and 200 non periodic comets with different timetable.  And they all move differently. How about you draw your picture again but this time with some 500 celestial gear planes?

So there is 500 celestial planes.  Good job for figuring that out for us.

Another win for FE!

?

zork

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2009, 02:43:31 AM »
So there is 500 celestial planes.  Good job for figuring that out for us.
I said about but this is just for meteor showers and comets listed in wikipedia. I guess there must be many more planes for other stuff which moves up  there.

Another win for FE!
Yeah, if you count for win the fact that you can't describe how these hundreds of planes work up there. Or you can always comfort the last place man that he is the first from behind.
-