Random Thread

• 45 Replies
?

Nomad

• Official Member
Random Thread
« on: February 25, 2009, 07:37:52 AM »
Hay guise, this thread is just for random thoughts, quotes, and goings on that way we don't have to have a billion threads about nothing.  However, this is NOT for NONSENSE.  That's why I posted it in everything else and not CN.

Now that that's out of the way.

On another forum, I've gotten fed up with this conspiracy theorist, with whom I'm going to try to convince the earth is flat.  He's the "NASA faked the moon landings" type.  So I'm going to try to push him all the way to "NASA faked everything!"  I am willing to bet I will make him a true believer.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
Re: Random Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 07:41:09 AM »
Maybe, but he will be very skeptical to everything you say until you tell him that there's a conspiracy involved. So be sure to mention it early.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 09:56:38 AM »
That was the first thing I said, pretty much.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

Ravenwood240

• I disagree. What was the Question?
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 10:14:19 AM »
Speaking of the conspiracy...

I think we may have been going about it wrong.

We claim that the primary motive for it is money...  but what if it's not?

WW2:  The Government built bomb shelters in many areas... but only to protect a selected segment of the people.

During the Cold War, they did the same thing.

All of the end time scenarios that the governments is based on they can't save everyone.

So, if space flight is not possible, that means that the human race is stuck on this planet, no matter what, correct?

The government looks at that and then looks at rising population counts.  Even China, with its draconian birth control policy, is rapidly running out of room.

In three to four more generations, the earth's resources will no longer be able to handle the human population without a very significant breakthrough or some form of relief.

When a population gets too big, ways are found to relief the stress.  War, Famine, Plague, whatever.

The Conspiracy people are planning ahead, using the funds from the Conspiracy to built secret havens, places to protect the percentage of the people that they think should be saved.

(It's only a hypothesis right now, but that is the way many people in the government think, which I can prove.)

So... is it a possibility?
Belief gets in the way of learning.  If you believe something, you've closed your mind to any further thought.  I know some things, little things, not the nine million names of God.

(Paraphased from R.A. Heinlein's "Time Enough For Love.")

physics101

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 10:26:44 AM »
You guys are such losers, I cant believe that some people believe all of this. Ask yourself this if the world is flat then why does it take longer for a plane to go from America To London to go straight across the world then it does by circumnavigating the earth by going up to the north ... oh ya because the world is round and math even proves it. if you ever find the wall of ice i will nuke it. and if there really is the edge of the world I will jump off it. So if u can find me the edge I will jump.... This kinda site is why people see the US as idiots, maybe if you stopped going after beliefs that did not exist and got some exercise the US wouldn't be seen as fat and lazy, so accept the world is flat and get off your a$$ ;D

This was the noobs first post, and he has already failed. Points if you can see where...

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 10:28:15 AM »
hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up spork* my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol...as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me ^_^... im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol...neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!

DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again ^_^ hehe...toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

* ~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 10:44:26 AM »
Hay guise, this thread is just for random thoughts, quotes, and goings on that way we don't have to have a billion threads about nothing.  However, this is NOT for NONSENSE.  That's why I posted it in everything else and not CN.

^^^

You guys are such losers, I cant believe that some people believe all of this. Ask yourself this if the world is flat then why does it take longer for a plane to go from America To London to go straight across the world then it does by circumnavigating the earth by going up to the north ... oh ya because the world is round and math even proves it. if you ever find the wall of ice i will nuke it. and if there really is the edge of the world I will jump off it. So if u can find me the edge I will jump.... This kinda site is why people see the US as idiots, maybe if you stopped going after beliefs that did not exist and got some exercise the US wouldn't be seen as fat and lazy, so accept the world is flat and get off your a$$ ;D

This was the noobs first post, and he has already failed. Points if you can see where...

Firstly, I'd point out that FES is international--not just in the US.

Secondly, this nooblet has obviously not seen a map of the FE.  The same basic rules of navigation apply.

Thirdly, math doesn't prove the earth is round.  Or at least, I'd expect this statement to be backed up with evidence.

And finally, the poster admits the earth is flat in the last sentence anyway.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 10:47:47 AM »
hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up spork* my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol...as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me ^_^... im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol...neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!

DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again ^_^ hehe...toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

* ~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 11:28:45 AM »
I need to tidy up my apartment. :(
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 11:30:32 AM »
I saw Underworld: Rise of the Lycans last night and it kicked ass.
I hate myself for coming here

?

Robbyj

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 11:48:53 AM »
I thought someone was yelling at me a second ago, and it was the garbage men playing an audio book really loud while they work.
Why justify an illegitimate attack with a legitimate response?

physics101

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 01:50:34 PM »

^^^

Firstly, I'd point out that FES is international--not just in the US.

Secondly, this nooblet has obviously not seen a map of the FE.  The same basic rules of navigation apply.

Thirdly, math doesn't prove the earth is round.  Or at least, I'd expect this statement to be backed up with evidence.

And finally, the poster admits the earth is flat in the last sentence anyway.

:-* Full points!!!

?

Anteater7171

• I am the FAQ!!!
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 01:52:51 PM »
This is how I know deep deep down, you truly suck. You fail as a person and as a FES troll.
I don't remember anything. Well, I do, but it's really vague. Like I was on drugs the whole time.

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 05:00:56 PM »
You fail as a person and as a FES troll.
"FES troll" is an oxymoron.
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 07:32:16 AM »
The thread I mentioned in the original post is going awesomely.  It's so hilarious how oblivious to what should be common knowledge most people are.  Makes it incredibly easy to misinterpret data in my favor.

The thread is here, by the way: http://forums.newdoom.com/showthread.php?t=36166

I would request no one sign up to post in that thread, though, because that would look bad.  I have plans for it anyway.  Using the FET for an epic strawman to crush this idiot's conspiracy bullshit is going to be fun.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 10:56:33 AM »
This is how I know deep deep down, you truly suck. You fail as a person and as a FES troll.
lolwut?

?

Ravenwood240

• I disagree. What was the Question?
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 10:57:38 AM »
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 12:56:03 PM by Ravenwood240 »
Belief gets in the way of learning.  If you believe something, you've closed your mind to any further thought.  I know some things, little things, not the nine million names of God.

(Paraphased from R.A. Heinlein's "Time Enough For Love.")

physics101

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 12:23:16 PM »
lolwut?

He's telling you that the movie was shit, and therefore, by association, you are shit for liking it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 01:15:39 PM by physics101 »

?

Anteater7171

• I am the FAQ!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 01:12:19 PM »
Wow, I really am surprised that it was that hard to understand. Physics you get a cookie as always.
I don't remember anything. Well, I do, but it's really vague. Like I was on drugs the whole time.

physics101

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 01:15:25 PM »
Wow, I really am surprised that it was that hard to understand. Physics you get a cookie as always.

;D

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 01:39:07 PM »

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 01:44:07 PM »
lolwut?

He's telling you that the movie was shit, and therefore, by association, you are shit for liking it.
Then Anteater is the biggest dumbass ever. It was a great movie.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 02:43:07 PM »
lolwut?

The first one was bad, the second one was shit. The only logical step, unless they somehow drastically changes their way of making movies, is that the third one should be complete and utter horror.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2009, 02:55:57 PM »
I love this flash. ;D

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/484158

Read the newest review, he is an idiot being trolled by an idiot.

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2009, 03:52:55 PM »
lolwut?

The first one was bad, the second one was shit. The only logical step, unless they somehow drastically changes their way of making movies, is that the third one should be complete and utter horror.
You don'tike anything so your opinion on the subject means nil.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2009, 03:57:59 PM »
Seriously, that movie series has a great setup. Really, mixing two of the best horror monsters is a great idea. It's just that they do it all wrong. They do it as bad B action movies, where they should be horror movies. And what does it matter that I dislike things that you like? You could be the one with bad taste, anyway.

?

Robbyj

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2009, 04:01:59 PM »
The only redeeming factor for the first two was Kate Beckinsale.
Why justify an illegitimate attack with a legitimate response?

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2009, 04:03:41 PM »
True dat. And also the special effects.

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2009, 04:35:27 PM »
The third is better because they don't have guns, and they use swords and crossbows.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2009, 04:39:26 PM »
KingMan you heathen, stfu.