steroids in baseball

• 17 Replies
steroids in baseball
« on: February 17, 2009, 07:50:15 PM »
not sure if any people here are big baseball fans, but if so what do you think about the whole A-Rod thing?

Sexual Harassment Panda

• Now more sophisticated
Re: steroids in baseball
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 07:51:53 PM »
Just drop any records/stats from the years he did it, and forget about it.
|^^^^^^^^^^^\||_____          
|     STFU          |||""'|"""\___            O
| ______________|||___|__|__|)          -|- 
  (@)@)""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)          / \

New Flat Earth FAQ: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30512.0

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 07:56:01 PM »
Just drop any records/stats from the years he did it, and forget about it.
yea thats kind of my feelings too, i really dont even think they would help that much anyways.  if you suck at baseball steroids are gonna help you get any better, guys like A-Rod and Bonds were future hall of famers before they started juicing.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 05:06:27 AM »
Just treat them like anyone that broke rules. I mean yeah maybe it helped them get those stats, but there are tons of things people have done to up their stats. Treat it the same way you treat a spit ball.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 05:10:59 AM »
If you get caught, lifetime ban and No chance for HOF recognition. Also, HELLA HELLA fines. No asterisk, no changing stats. No retroactive taking away of anything. That wouldn't do anything, and since it was the MLBs fault anyhow, why punish a player retroactively for something that was well known and accepted through the league?

Starting now ban any A AA or AAA player for life that uses. I don't know what the Minor league union situation is, but with the pro union, almost nothing will be able to get done.

And anyone who says Steroids can't help you attain those stats is just ignoring the facts.

?

Proleg

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 06:14:22 AM »
Jeter sucks A-Rod.

physics101

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 06:38:01 AM »
I don't know much about baseball, but here goes:

They should have had harsher penalties from the beginning, they didn't really start cracking down on it until after 2005, after A-rod says he used. That doesn't mean he was right, it just means that like I am sure many other players did then, figured they could get a away with it, and there would just be a slap on the wrist. Now MLB is trying to cover its ass by cracking down and going back into records of testing from years ago and trying to make up for their initial fuck up. Also, the players are bitches for ratting each other out, and the agents are dipshits, just because.

/rant.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 06:59:15 AM »
You forgot to say the union is culpable for protecting the players spoiled asses. Otherwise NICE RANT.

physics101

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 08:00:53 AM »
You forgot to say the union is culpable for protecting the players spoiled asses.
QFT

NICE RANT.

Gracias.

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 08:30:16 AM »
And anyone who says Steroids can't help you attain those stats is just ignoring the facts.
i think they can help you a little, but if youre not already a good player they arent gonna make you a good player.  i mean obviously with Bonds hitting 73 HRs and Mcwire hitting 70 it shows you that they do help.  but i think the biggest advantage they give is they keep and older guy like Bonds playing good well past what he could've naturally. 

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 08:33:52 AM »
i think they can help you a little, but if youre not already a good player they arent gonna make you a good player.  i mean obviously with Bonds hitting 73 HRs and Mcwire hitting 70 it shows you that they do help.  but i think the biggest advantage they give is they keep and older guy like Bonds playing good well past what he could've naturally. 
God i don't even feel like typing this, but i will. Of course. Look at the resurgence Bonds had so late in his career! *sigh* Steroids don't give you a better eye for the ball and such, but they help in ways, like power and injury recovery, that can make you a better player. They will not make a crappy player great, they can make an average player good, a good player great, and a great player a star. Giambi? Yah. Giambi.

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 08:39:44 AM »
God i don't even feel like typing this, but i will. Of course. Look at the resurgence Bonds had so late in his career! *sigh* Steroids don't give you a better eye for the ball and such, but they help in ways, like power and injury recovery, that can make you a better player. They will not make a crappy player great, they can make an average player good, a good player great, and a great player a star. Giambi? Yah. Giambi.
yea i like how after giambi got caught his stats plummeted, he's a joke.  but he was one of the smarter ones who said yea i did it and i'm sorry, now nobody really bothers him much anymore about it.  sorry you had to type that when you didnt' want to, you're dedication to posting on this thread is unmatched  :)

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 09:46:32 AM »
yea i like how after giambi got caught his stats plummeted, he's a joke.  but he was one of the smarter ones who said yea i did it and i'm sorry, now nobody really bothers him much anymore about it.  sorry you had to type that when you didnt' want to, you're dedication to posting on this thread is unmatched  :)
That is the most adorable thing i ever read. I just listened to this convo on the way home from work yesterday. *sigh* Steroids are old. Personally, i hope they crack down on NFL players soon. Those guys need to be put in check, because theyre all gonna die at 50.

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 10:00:45 AM »
That is the most adorable thing i ever read. I just listened to this convo on the way home from work yesterday. *sigh* Steroids are old. Personally, i hope they crack down on NFL players soon. Those guys need to be put in check, because theyre all gonna die at 50.
no kidding, guys who play in the NFL have bad enough lives after they retire with how rough the sport is on their bodies, add steroids to the mix and its a bad deal.  a friend of mines grandfather player for the Chicago Bears a long time ago, he was the center, but for about the last 10 years of his life he couldn't walk because his knees were so messed up from playing football.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 10:01:30 AM »
no kidding, guys who play in the NFL have bad enough lives after they retire with how rough the sport is on their bodies, add steroids to the mix and its a bad deal.  a friend of mines grandfather player for the Chicago Bears a long time ago, he was the center, but for about the last 10 years of his life he couldn't walk because his knees were so messed up from playing football.
At least he got laid. Lucky bastard.

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 10:06:50 AM »
At least he got laid. Lucky bastard.
well he had 2 kids so thats at least twice, i wish i could be so lucky.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 10:11:10 AM »
Thats what im sayin'. WOOT WOOT! Also, drugs are bad. Lifetime suspensions all around. NOW.

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 10:38:37 AM »
Thats what im sayin'. WOOT WOOT! Also, drugs are bad. Lifetime suspensions all around. NOW.
drugs are bad mmkay