What causes the sun spotlight to move

• 21 Replies
« on: June 17, 2006, 08:49:05 PM »
Hey There, I've decided to stop watching this all and to join in the discussion.

Questions:

Why doesn't the ice wall melt?

What causes the sun spotlight to move.  i.e. what does it orbit or something along those lines

If anyone could give me an answer to my questions I'd be grateful.  Solutions based on either FE or RE theory will be fine.

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 09:42:20 PM »
The ice wall doesn't melt for the same reasons the arctic and antarctic don't melt on the Round Earth; it doesn't get as much sun, and the sun it does get it travelling through the atmosphere at a significant angle.

As for why the sun and cosmos move through the sky, I don't know; probably some function of the dark matter that is propelling us through space.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 09:44:44 PM »
Thank you for the reply unimportant.

If anyone else could give another reason for why the sun and moon move i'd appreciate it as well

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 02:11:40 PM »
Magic. :P
quote="Dogplatter"]
Penguins were actually created in the 1960's by Russian scientists who combined the DNA of otters and birds.  [/quote]

LOL

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 02:15:56 PM »
Quote from: "Sepulchre"
Thank you for the reply unimportant.

If anyone else could give another reason for why the sun and moon move i'd appreciate it as well

I believe it may have something to do with magnestism. It's widely accepted that on the flat Earth, the compass points "North" (to the center of the disc), and since the Sun and the Moon rotate in a locus around the central point, it's only reasonable to assume that they are being acted upon by magnetic forces.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 04:08:24 PM »
Unimportant doesn't know and Doggy have a supposed belief.
The only one who gave a good FE explanation was Yardstick2006.
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=2955.0

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 04:13:17 PM »
Quote from: "Xargo"
Unimportant doesn't know and Doggy have a supposed belief.
The only one who gave a good FE explanation was Yardstick2006.

It's more an educated guess than a belief. It makes sense really - what other force could be acting on the disc in such a way so deeply related to the location of the North Pole (a magnetic landmark)?
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 04:17:48 PM »
Quote from: "Dogplatter"
It's more an educated guess than a belief. It makes sense really - what other force could be acting on the disc in such a way so deeply related to the location of the North Pole (a magnetic landmark)?

Seismic activity.
-.-
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 04:28:42 PM »

Seismic activity.
-.-

The Sun disc is floating 3000 miles above the Earth's surface. How could seismic activity from Earth affect the sun's motion?

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 04:59:09 PM »

Seismic activity.
-.-

The Sun disc is floating 3000 miles above the Earth's surface. How could seismic activity from Earth affect the sun's motion?

Seismic activities affects the magnetical field on the flat earth, and therefore affects the sun's motion. Common sense, my friend.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 05:01:09 PM »

Seismic activities affects the magnetical field on the flat earth, and therefore affects the sun's motion. Common sense, my friend.

Ok, well you just provided another possible argument for the sun being a tiny circulating disc 3000 miles from Earth, which I thought was something you were out to disprove.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 05:11:45 PM »

Ok, well you just provided another possible argument for the sun being a tiny circulating disc 3000 miles from Earth, which I thought was something you were out to disprove.

Well I'm now officially a living proof for how easy it is to make up supportive arguments for the FE theory.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 05:17:53 PM »

Well I'm now officially a living proof for how easy it is to make up supportive arguments for the FE theory.

It's only easy to make up such supportive arguments because it's true.

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 05:24:06 PM »
well tbh it isn't hard to make up a supportive arguement for anything.

eg
there is a paradise because it is present in almost all religions.

that doesn't constitute proof - in fact it is almost  impossible to ever definitively proove anything, it is only ever possible to disproove it.

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 05:28:34 PM »

It's only easy to make up such supportive arguments because it's true.

Nope. Not scientifically supported, only a mere speculation. Kind of like the old greek philosophers worked their imaginings about how life works, relying on pure "common sense" and no science. Of course, we now know better than them. Or do we? :)

I can work up a whole religion without any scientifical backup.
For instance:

Actually, we're living in a dog's dream. You can clearly see this by watching the sky at night, as the stars are really other dreams played out in the dog's head. When he is awake, the stars disappears, and when he sleeps, they come back. This is known as the Diemnoctum-theory, meaning "Day/Night". Also, winds inside of the atmosphere (the atmosphere is also the shield preventing the dog from dreaming as he is awake), are part of the dogs breathing. As he breaths in, his cells take in the oxygen, and since the dream-Earth is part of his cells, we recieve some of this oxygen, resulting in winds.

All this is logical - SO IT HAS TO BE TRUE!

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 05:34:37 PM »
wow, thats pretty remeniscent of one of my earlier topics, aparently great minds do think alike
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 05:36:47 PM »
Quote from: "CrimsonKing"
wow, thats pretty remeniscent of one of my earlier topics, aparently great minds do think alike

I take that as a compliment. :)

Hey, where did doggy go? :D

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 06:02:55 PM »

I would say this thread is more an example of "great minds" not knowing how to use the search function.

?

Iron Kong

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2006, 06:04:03 PM »
Quote from: "Unimportant"

I would say this thread is more an example of "great minds" not knowing how to use the search function.

I'd say you're a dumb ass.

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2006, 06:09:45 PM »
Quote from: "Unimportant"

I'd say you have nothing smart to say, so you say things off-topic, only with the intention to hurt people who does not share your opinion.

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2006, 09:33:01 PM »
[quote = "Unimportant"]I believe it may have something to do with magnestism. It's widely accepted that on the flat Earth, the compass points "North" (to the center of the disc), and since the Sun and the Moon rotate in a locus around the central point, it's only reasonable to assume that they are being acted upon by magnetic forces.[/quote]

Wait a second?.....

The Sun disc is floating 3000 miles above the Earth's surface

the problem here is that the magnetic field is not located in the center of the suns orbit so if it was indeed the force which caused the sun to move then the sun would not follow the pattern designated by the FE model.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2006, 04:17:08 AM »
Quote from: "Sepulchre"

the problem here is that the magnetic field is not located in the center of the suns orbit so if it was indeed the force which caused the sun to move then the sun would not follow the pattern designated by the FE model.

In the FE model, the sun orbits around the equator, a flat circle half the size of the actual Earth. The centre point of this circle is the North Pole.