And you beleive the earth is flat WHY?

• 26 Replies
And you beleive the earth is flat WHY?
« on: January 28, 2009, 09:17:09 AM »
O.K this is the best site i've ever found. No, not because of that, but because it made my day reading the idiotic comments which must have come from people atleast 30+ years older than me (i'm still a teenager)
Ok, if you are still reading this, i have one question. In which period of the earths existance were you born. SERIOUSLY.
The eqyptions knew the earth was a SPHERE. And this was how many years ago... o yes, 7000+
I bet you even CAVEMEN knew that the earth was ROUND.

Ok a few arguments that i want you to think of whilst you're falling asleep tonight.
1) Where is the end of the world? C'mon seriously think about it, when you open an atlas it's the earth stretched and flattened on a peice of paper so it can fit into a book, it's not what the world actually looks like!
2) Have you ever been on a plane? If so... why didnt you fly out into space????? HUH? That's right, because the earth is ROUND.
3)Oh noes the earth is flat and all the oceans are going to pour out into space!!!
4)Yah that's right. ''''. I concluded that the sun is on some sort of pendulam that is powered by some sort of gear in the sky.'''     Yeah this guy is for real (if you are reading this alot of people are laughing at you)
. Let me repeat that. ''some sort of gear in the sky.'  Wait one more time:  ''GEAR IN THE SKY''    ARE YOU DELUSIONAL MAN?
5) Go to the sea... in the middle of the sea ofcource..any sea. Get ut a very powerful telescope. Ok good...now look straight at the horizon from the way you sailed out. ''OH noes it's the edge of the world! There's no land left!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHH.   Guess what buddy...  WRONG!!!    The rest of the earth is around the corner, literally... If you sail in the same direction for a while you will eventually start to sea land of some sorts. And yes my idiotic friends, it is possible to sail around the earth.

This site is full of what's got to be the funniest quotes ever invened by ANYONE.
O.. incase you didn't know, i might not of mentioned it before. But the Earth is a SPHERE!

The sun is an unmoving object floating in the endless oblivion of what we call space (it is also a sphere), there are many others like this and they are so far away they appear very small and we can only see them at night, they are called stars. The sun is our closest star, and another dumass quote: '' The sun is a bulb covered in a glass casing and is actually very close. ''  .... Please, say you were joking....           The sun is bigger than the earth...and i meen much bigger.  If the earth was a city block...the sun is  Los Angeles. Google it if you don't know how big that is.

And you might wonder... why is the earth a sphere?   Because everything started out as dust and big rocks and gases first of all. They had to be.    One very big rock has a large gravitational pull (that's also why we orbit the sun, because of it's gravity) and it draws other clusters of rock and dust towards it, eventually you have one BIG ASS rock. This rock in turn draws rocks and dust towards it. The rock then becomes large enough it starts drawing in gases. Like the Ozone Layer.. And no, we are not a plate and the ozone layer is not a glass casing over us.

Honestly you people have got to be having a laugh, to seriously seriously beleive that the Earth is flat.
You are like a bunch of bible bashing christians who beleive everything someone wrote in a book - probaly for some bedtime stories, or you know, probaly to make some money. A shame that happend, if we were all Pagan (like me) the world would be a better place were people beleived in things they could actually see with solid proof, look around you and embrace the truth.

Reply, and have i won any of you other to the CORRECT side of the line? Or will you continue to be ignorant like a stubborn ass?
Oh, ofcource you will, because you don't want to admit that what you have beleived in and what you have had true faith in for some amount of time now... is Balls. And i bet you don't speak about this publically to people who you can actually see do you, you can post any amount of crap on the internet, getting people to beleive it is hard, you all must be so gulable... it's beyond beleif that a human being, gifted with intelligence, could be such an ass.

And watch now people, as these lunatics come up with excuses and shite reasons of why '' The earth is flat. ''
Or even because they know i speak the truth, delete this post. But don't worry i have copied it and if this dissapears, it will be back  ;D

Re: And you beleive the earth is flat WHY?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 09:18:13 AM »
I was going to explain why every one of your points is wrong, but three letters will suffice:

FAQ.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 09:23:59 AM »
See you probaly didn't even read them nor considered them, that is what i am on about. you cant just say FAQ because we all know that individuals have different points of view (Some [like the earth being flat] are totally crap)
So c'mon whats your real opinion? Surely you don't agree in everything...

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 09:27:32 AM »
You people always say that. FAQ. "We don't want to answer your questions, just look in the FAQ" "I looked in the FAQ, the answer wasn't there for one of my questions, and the other explaination was ludicrously retarded" "Just look at the FAQ". Granted, you should have some kind of idea of what the Flat Earth society is about such as the mile high wall of ice surrounding the world (i.e. a ludicrously retarded idea) rather than just blurting out why they're stupid and insane, which they are. But still.
So if global warming and the ice wall are real. We. Are. Fucked

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 09:32:56 AM »
Hhahaha totally agree.  I just read it and laughed for every one of those answers. A massive wall of ice... Pathetic.
Men gaurding it.. HAH, pathetic.

And anyone in the FAQ it's just a load of shite answers to retarded questions made by the people who answered them. If you want anyone to take notice of the FAQ, put some sane questions in.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 10:03:13 AM »
This entire thread is tl;dr.

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 10:16:36 AM »
TAAAAAAWWWWWW just because im not saying the earth is flat.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 10:24:45 AM »
No.  It's because you expect instant gratification.  We don't do that here.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 10:31:41 AM »
tl;dr? *shrugs*

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 10:33:24 AM »
But obviously instand abolishment.

just get it into your thick skulls. the earth is round. what's the point on your pretending otherwise?

''Yes we beleive the earth is flat and is surrounded by a massive ice wall that is over 1 million miles and gaurded by a few hundred men. Oh yes and did we mention that the sun is really small but is really close to the earth and is actually a light bulb and a spotlight at the same time. O yes and also Nasa and all the governments in the world are all secretly hiding that the world is flat.''  
Bullshit people. why do you think this. It's fucking stupid.

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 10:34:48 AM »
Yeah... alot of their theories contradict each other

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 10:38:17 AM »
tl;dr? *shrugs*

Discussion threads are hard enough to keep on topic with one or two bullet points.  Writing an essay with 5-10 questions doesn't really work in this sort of environment.  But don't worry, you aren't the first and you won't be the last to make that sort of mistake.

?

WTF?

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 10:53:56 AM »
Just out of curiosity, how is it, if the earth is flat, that the sun sets at different times in different parts of the world? We'd all be able to see the sun at the same time otherwise. eg.
                                          Sun
                                           /|\
                                          / | \
_____________________________Flat Earth_______________________________
As you can see, all thee locations receive light at the same time, meaning we'd all be able to see the sun.
_________________________________Flat Earth____________________________________________________
                                                            |
                                                            |
                                                          Sun
Now no-one can see the sun and it's night the whole world round- sorry FLAT. However, we don't all see the sun at the same time, Australians, for instance, can see the sun when the British can't. Therefore the theory that the Earth is flat is impossible. I have read the FAQ, so don't point me to it to try and get away from the fact that your theory is retarded.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 11:02:04 AM »
Why would you think that the sun ever goes to the bottom side of the FE?  FET says the the sun, moon and stars orbit above the FE, not around it.

?

WastedTime

• Total Eclipse of the Mind!
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 11:06:45 AM »
Just out of curiosity, how is it, if the earth is flat, that the sun sets at different times in different parts of the world? We'd all be able to see the sun at the same time otherwise. eg.
                                          Sun
                                           /|\
                                          / | \
As you can see, all thee locations receive light at the same time, meaning we'd all be able to see the sun.
_________________________________Flat Earth____________________________________________________
                                                            |
                                                            |
                                                          Sun
Now no-one can see the sun and it's night the whole world round- sorry FLAT. However, we don't all see the sun at the same time, Australians, for instance, can see the sun when the British can't. Therefore the theory that the Earth is flat is impossible. I have read the FAQ, so don't point me to it to try and get away from the fact that your theory is retarded.
Please read the sticky threads at the top of each forum. All of them say "Search is your friend!"
Then read this: http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za27.htm

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 11:12:43 AM »
                                          Sun
                                           /|\
                                          / | \
                                                            |
                                                            |
                                                          Sun

If you read the FAQ, you'd realise where you are wrong.

The sun is an unmoving object

News to me.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 12:31:19 PM »
O.K this is the best site i've ever found. No, not because of that, but because it made my day reading the idiotic comments which must have come from people atleast 30+ years older than me (i'm still a teenager)
Ok, if you are still reading this, i have one question. In which period of the earths existance were you born. SERIOUSLY.
The eqyptions knew the earth was a SPHERE. And this was how many years ago... o yes, 7000+

Ok a few arguments that i want you to think of whilst you're falling asleep tonight.
1) Where is the end of the world? C'mon seriously think about it, when you open an atlas it's the earth stretched and flattened on a peice of paper so it can fit into a book, it's not what the world actually looks like!
The earth has no end;  it stretches infinitely in all directions;  It has a finite gravitational pull due to Gauss's Law.  It has always been, and thus, will always be.
2) Have you ever been on a plane? If so... why didnt you fly out into space????? HUH? That's right, because the earth is ROUND.
This doesn't even follow.  Why would I fly out into space on a plane if the earth was flat?  Do you even know what a plane is?
3)Oh noes the earth is flat and all the oceans are going to pour out into space!!!
No;  gravitational pull keeps the oceans on the ground, much like it keeps you on the ground.
4)Yah that's right. ''''. I concluded that the sun is on some sort of pendulam that is powered by some sort of gear in the sky.'''     Yeah this guy is for real (if you are reading this alot of people are laughing at you)
. Let me repeat that. ''some sort of gear in the sky.'  Wait one more time:  ''GEAR IN THE SKY''    ARE YOU DELUSIONAL MAN?
No, it is not a gear in the sky.  I am not sure where you got that.
5) Go to the sea... in the middle of the sea ofcource..any sea. Get ut a very powerful telescope. Ok good...now look straight at the horizon from the way you sailed out. ''OH noes it's the edge of the world! There's no land left!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHH.   Guess what buddy...  WRONG!!!    The rest of the earth is around the corner, literally... If you sail in the same direction for a while you will eventually start to sea land of some sorts. And yes my idiotic friends, it is possible to sail around the earth.
Air is not clear;  Light "falls" faster when it is closer to the earth due to a lack of aether.

It is possible to sail around a flat earth.  Circumnavigation is traveling a broad circle around the North Pole, which is the center of a flat earth.  Consider the UN logo.
This site is full of what's got to be the funniest quotes ever invened by ANYONE.
O.. incase you didn't know, i might not of mentioned it before. But the Earth is a SPHERE!

The sun is an unmoving object floating in the endless oblivion of what we call space (it is also a sphere), there are many others like this and they are so far away they appear very small and we can only see them at night, they are called stars. The sun is our closest star, and another dumass quote: '' The sun is a bulb covered in a glass casing and is actually very close. ''  .... Please, say you were joking....           The sun is bigger than the earth...and i meen much bigger.  If the earth was a city block...the sun is  Los Angeles. Google it if you don't know how big that is.
Why is the sun "unmoving"?  Considering what you should believe, if you are a globularist, it is not "rigid".

Also, again, I am unsure where you found your quotes.

Yes, the sun is bigger than earth.
And you might wonder... why is the earth a sphere?   Because everything started out as dust and big rocks and gases first of all. They had to be.    One very big rock has a large gravitational pull (that's also why we orbit the sun, because of it's gravity) and it draws other clusters of rock and dust towards it, eventually you have one BIG ASS rock. This rock in turn draws rocks and dust towards it. The rock then becomes large enough it starts drawing in gases. Like the Ozone Layer.. And no, we are not a plate and the ozone layer is not a glass casing over us.
The earth always was.  Hawking Radiation from baby universes supplies new matter now and then at certain areas of this infinite plane.
Honestly you people have got to be having a laugh, to seriously seriously beleive that the Earth is flat.
You are like a bunch of bible bashing christians who beleive everything someone wrote in a book - probaly for some bedtime stories, or you know, probaly to make some money. A shame that happend, if we were all Pagan (like me) the world would be a better place were people beleived in things they could actually see with solid proof, look around you and embrace the truth.
We aren't religious at all.  Paganism has its own hordes of blind ignorant religious followers though.  But that is another argument.
Reply, and have i won any of you other to the CORRECT side of the line? Or will you continue to be ignorant like a stubborn ass?
Oh, ofcource you will, because you don't want to admit that what you have beleived in and what you have had true faith in for some amount of time now... is Balls. And i bet you don't speak about this publically to people who you can actually see do you, you can post any amount of crap on the internet, getting people to beleive it is hard, you all must be so gulable... it's beyond beleif that a human being, gifted with intelligence, could be such an ass.

I speak publicly all the time.  I run a local flat earth group, and I have talked internationally to the BBC and FOX news about my beliefs.

And watch now people, as these lunatics come up with excuses and shite reasons of why '' The earth is flat. ''
Or even because they know i speak the truth, delete this post. But don't worry i have copied it and if this dissapears, it will be back  ;D
You are silly and angry and ignorant.  There are many flaws in FE theory.  You have not touched on any of them.  This is due to your self-righteous arrogant and ignorant mindset that is disallowing you from carrying on any intelligent argument.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 03:56:45 PM »
The sun is an unmoving object floating in the endless oblivion of what we call space

Wether or not the earth is round;

1)  Slow down and spell everything out so those of us 30+ years older than you can keep up.
2)  If you are too lazy to research some of your claims at least google them.  Most who subscribe to popular science theories believe the sun IS moving through the milky way and carrying us with it. 
3)  Blindly believing what you are told by your govt. (schools) will get you nifty things like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_PATRIOT_Act 
4)  Your mom just called, she said after she leaves my place she is coming straight home and you are grounded for wasting my time.
I fail, but at least I don't not jerk off to "cake".

?

Ravenwood240

• I disagree. What was the Question?
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 04:06:08 PM »
I bet you even CAVEMEN knew that the earth was ROUND.  The Egyptians also knew that their leader was a king and a God.

2) Have you ever been on a plane? If so... why didnt you fly out into space????? HUH? That's right, because the earth is ROUND.  Oh Sure, you think all pilots are stupid enough to just fly off the edge of the ice wall?  When a wall approaches when you're driving, do you run into it or turn right/left?  Why do you think pilots are stupid?
3)Oh noes the earth is flat and all the oceans are going to pour out into space!!! Read the FAQ, Idiot.  You want all of us to reply to your posts, but you can't take the time to read it.  Why should we take the time to reply to you?

And do me one more little favor.  Learn to use spell check if you cannot spell.  Is English your first language?
Belief gets in the way of learning.  If you believe something, you've closed your mind to any further thought.  I know some things, little things, not the nine million names of God.

(Paraphased from R.A. Heinlein's "Time Enough For Love.")

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 04:43:37 PM »
I suspect that the OP is an alt.

?

Ravenwood240

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 04:58:51 PM »
I suspect that the OP is an alt.

Probably... but just in case, I gave him half a chance.
Belief gets in the way of learning.  If you believe something, you've closed your mind to any further thought.  I know some things, little things, not the nine million names of God.

?

Proleg

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 05:01:35 PM »
The earth looks flat to me...

?

Ravenwood240

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 05:02:07 PM »

?

Proleg

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 05:03:52 PM »

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 09:46:19 AM »

rly?
Yep. Perfect surface for my laptop.

Its better to have it on a slightly sloped (but still flat) surface to aid cooling. Or just prop up the end on something.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 09:51:12 AM »

rly?
Yep. Perfect surface for my laptop.

Its better to have it on a slightly sloped (but still flat) surface to aid cooling. Or just prop up the end on something.

Or put it in a big bucket of oil!

LordTalon69

• I think I may have the lulz.
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 02:41:33 AM »

tl;dr