The four corners of the earth??

• 15 Replies
« on: June 16, 2006, 06:21:27 PM »
What do you guys believe the four corners of the earth to be? You guys believe in a circle shaped earth, not a square shaped one! Can you guys explain this to me?

The Bible states the 4 corners of the earth in the book of revelation.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Re: The four corners of the earth??
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 07:50:39 PM »
Quote from: "RichardT"
What do you guys believe the four corners of the earth to be? You guys believe in a circle shaped earth, not a square shaped one! Can you guys explain this to me?

There are no corners on a circle.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 01:22:53 PM »
Ever hear of the term "metaphor"?

You know, like "when I was in the army I was stuck on some hole-in-the-wall base at the end of the world...."

or "don't sell yourself short, reach for the stars...."

or "that man is a pillar of the community; without him the community would just collapse...."

or "we are having an international event that will attact people from the far ends of the world...."

I think you get my point....

Does anyone who speaks in the above metaphors in the year 2006 believe the earth to be flat , immovable, and  supported by pillars?

I highly doubt it....
Science and religion do NOT contradict one another, but are two truths." (from askmoses.com)

"Religion without science is blind, but science without religion is lame." - Albert Einstein

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 01:31:48 PM »
Also note that the original Hebrew word has about a dozen meanings, one of them is 'corner' but it can also mean 'compass point' or 'nautical direction'.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Re: The four corners of the earth??
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 02:21:27 PM »

Nice.  Edit your post after I've replied...

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 10:33:52 AM »
Christianity and Flat Earth Theory don't have to go hand in hand.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

Chaltier

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 02:33:13 PM »

Define "You guys." There are some flat Earthers who believe it to be a disc, and others a quadrilateral. The latter most often base this belief on the Bible, though there are exceptions.

Christianity and Flat Earth Theory don't have to go hand in hand.

--Chal

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 04:03:50 PM »
Hey, I know, why not send scientifical evidence, all FE'ers! :D :o  :)  :D

Give us 1 photo of any of those corners. Or, while we're on it, a photo of the edge of the Flat Earth?
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=2955.0

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 04:11:12 PM »
Quote from: "Xargo"
Hey, I know, why not send scientifical evidence, all FE'ers! :D :o  :)  :D

Give us 1 photo of any of those corners. Or, while we're on it, a photo of the edge of the Flat Earth?

The edge is heavily guarded by a deep, massive conspiracy encompassing all world government, most big business and the media. It's conceptually guarded because FE's lack of support, engineered by the media, prevents well-equipped expeditions to the ice wall. What's more, it's physically guarded by the military.

By the way, not all FE'ers believe in a "cornered" Earth. I sure don't - the Earth is a circle.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 04:16:04 PM »
Quote from: "Dogplatter"
The edge is heavily guarded by a deep, massive conspiracy encompassing all world government, most big business and the media. It's conceptually guarded because FE's lack of support, engineered by the media, prevents well-equipped expeditions to the ice wall. What's more, it's physically guarded by the military.

Prove me wrong when I say you're wrong.

Follow-Up Q's:
How do they guard the edge?
Why do they guard it?
 What does it look like over the edge?
Why aren't there any far-away images of the edge (since the earth is flat, telescopics would work just fine)?
Why aren't there any proof against the conspiracy - articles, recorded phonecalls, political statements, anything of value?
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 04:27:04 PM »

Follow-Up Q's:
How do they guard the edge?
Why do they guard it?
 What does it look like over the edge?
Why aren't there any far-away images of the edge (since the earth is flat, telescopics would work just fine)?
Why aren't there any proof against the conspiracy - articles, recorded phonecalls, political statements, anything of value?

Firstly, military intelligence agencies specific to certain regions or countries (the CIA in America, MI5/6 in England etc.) will keep an eye on any unauthorized visits to the ice wall which are being planned. If possible, they will be stifled before they even begin.

It's possible that advanced missile technology might be deployed against a boat or plane on its way to the edge, and it's widely posited that the wall itself is physically guarded by military personnel and equipment. The specifics and maths of this setup were discussed at length in another thread in General Discussion.

Why are they guarding it? Nobody really knows except them. Once they started though, it would have been hard to stop - the knowledge that the governments of the world had been concealing a giant ice wall on a flat earth would throw the world into chaos.

Over the edge, it's just space, probably with a few other celestial bodies (flat of course) moving alongside us. Check the FAQ for more on the "upward motion" theory.

Telescoping photo-taking of the walls is impossible because they're not that high above sea level. Though they're widely thought to be 150ft tall, they're almost totally obscured by the water they're holding in.

The Conspiracy is great at removing concrete proof of its existence - after all, it comprises all the governments and secret orders of the world and commands all of their resources.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 04:36:07 PM »

Firstly, military intelligence agencies specific to certain regions or countries (the CIA in America, MI5/6 in England etc.) will keep an eye on any unauthorized visits to the ice wall which are being planned. If possible, they will be stifled before they even begin.

Proof: No.

It's possible that advanced missile technology might be deployed against a boat or plane on its way to the edge, and it's widely posited that the wall itself is physically guarded by military personnel and equipment.

Why are they guarding it? Nobody really knows except them. Once they started though, it would have been hard to stop - the knowledge that the governments of the world had been concealing a giant ice wall on a flat earth would throw the world into chaos.

When did they start? Why aren't there any other historical mentionings of this ice wall? Even with this FE-supposed theory that superinteligences are rooting out every evidence about your cute little theory, there should still be fragments of historical artifacts that could speak up for the Mighty Ice-Wall.

Over the edge, it's just space, probably with a few other celestial bodies (flat of course) moving alongside us. Check the FAQ for more on the "upward motion" theory.

I've read it.

Telescoping photo-taking of the walls is impossible because they're not that high above sea level. Though they're widely thought to be 150ft tall, they're almost totally obscured by the water they're holding in.

I don't get your drift. Obscured in what way? You mean the earth is actually not flat, but shaped like an bowl turned upside-down?

Still, no proofs.

The Conspiracy is great at removing concrete proof of its existence - after all, it comprises all the governments and secret orders of the world and commands all of their resources.

So, the proof for the conspiracy is that there is no proof?
Man, that's deep!

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 04:40:44 PM »

When did they start? Why aren't there any other historical mentionings of this ice wall? Even with this FE-supposed theory that superinteligences are rooting out every evidence about your cute little theory, there should still be fragments of historical artifacts that could speak up for the Mighty Ice-Wall.

We don't know.

I don't get your drift. Obscured in what way? You mean the earth is actually not flat, but shaped like an bowl turned upside-down?

No. The Earth, if you include the ice wall as part of the Earth, is shaped like a really shallow pie tin. The ice walls hold the water in, much the same way as the edges of a pie tin would.

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 04:44:22 PM »

We don't know.

Of course.

No. The Earth, if you include the ice wall as part of the Earth, is shaped like a really shallow pie tin. The ice walls hold the water in, much the same way as the edges of a pie tin would.

Then explain to me why this "pie tin" shaped planet of ours does not tip over in the extreme speed which we are traveling? Magnetic forces won't save you this time. :/

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 04:48:41 PM »

Then explain to me why this "pie tin" shaped planet of ours does not tip over in the extreme speed which we are traveling? Magnetic forces won't save you this time. :/

Why would it? FE'ers generally assume that theres a constant, even force pushing the Earth on it's one-way up-course, it would only tip the Earth if it was applied irregularly to a single part of the Earth's underside. This is just common sense - if you carry a pie tin on a flat tray it won't tip, if you carry it on a knitting needle it will.

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 04:56:04 PM »

Why would it? FE'ers generally assume that theres a constant, even force pushing the Earth on it's one-way up-course, it would only tip the Earth if it was applied irregularly to a single part of the Earth's underside. This is just common sense - if you carry a pie tin on a flat tray it won't tip, if you carry it on a knitting needle it will.

I guess I don't have to ask for proof of this force.
Anyways, you may give me some fine explanations of yours, if you can.