Flat Earth Map

• 37 Replies
Flat Earth Map
« on: June 16, 2006, 03:17:58 PM »
I've noticed that many REs will bring up questions that show they're ignorant to what an FE map actually looks like, so I thought I'd post one bigger than the one in the logo, to make it more clear.

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 05:16:58 PM »
its a pretty picture but it still makes me think that you guys take an atlas far too literally.

?

cizzydo

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 04:34:02 AM »
so this picture was made by taking a real picture of the globe taken from space, and stretching it out.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Flat Earth Map
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 10:19:47 AM »
That image is highly inaccurate. For starters, the ice wall is only about 10 miles thick - the one in the picture looks several hundred miles thick!

Also, the wall should be about the same thickness all the way around - the equal spreading of water under the power of the Earth's upward motion would make an almost perfect circle.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 10:22:28 AM »
Where does this 10 miles number come from? I always thought of the ice wall as being hundreds, of not thousands of miles thick.

?

Chaltier

• The Elder Ones
Flat Earth Map
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 01:43:44 PM »
Quote from: "Unimportant"
Where does this 10 miles number come from? I always thought of the ice wall as being hundreds, of not thousands of miles thick.

Indeed, same. I was thinking that it's major flaw is that the ice wall is too thin...

Otherwise, though, excellent map!

--Chal

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 03:00:50 PM »
Well I got it from this here board, haha.

I just thought it deserved it's own thread. Maybe I could change the title to "Flat Earth Map" and it could be stickied, or you could put the picture in the FAQ.

I can tell it's just a regular map that's been skewed, so it's probably not totally accurate, but the point was to give us REs a general idea of what your FE would look like.

As I stated earlier, it seemed that many had a misunderstanding of what it would look like, and therefore ask questions that could be answered easily by looking at this map.

?

Sirus Fett

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 10:23:03 PM »
Do you ever wonder why there isnt a flat earth globe atlas? And there are no real flat earth pictures?

Duke

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 08:41:42 AM »
Quote from: "Unimportant"

Quote from: "TheEngineer"
It's like 10 miles thick, ocean on one side, space on the other. Good luck trying to drive a bus there.

What would you say about this? :roll:
f you can't make it, fake it.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Flat Earth Map
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 12:18:11 PM »
Again, I would say it would be very hard to drive a bus there.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Duke

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 12:41:04 PM »
Look what I found in the Net in a site with the topic of discussion:

"Once again, picture in your mind a round world. Now imagine that there are two people on this world, one at each pole. For the person at the top of the world, (the North Pole), gravity is pulling him down, towards the South Pole. But for the person at the South Pole, shouldn't gravity pull him down as well? What keeps our person at the South Pole from falling completely off the face of the "globe"?"

The answer is: gravity pulls everything to the center of Earth with the same force. So the man at "the bottom" of the Earth won't fall.
f you can't make it, fake it.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Flat Earth Map
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 12:42:42 PM »
What part of THERE IS NO GRAVITY ON A FE DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

-- Bob Hudson

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 01:37:25 PM »
What part of THE EARTH IS ROUND IT HAS BEEN PROVEN do you not understand?
quote="Dogplatter"]
Penguins were actually created in the 1960's by Russian scientists who combined the DNA of otters and birds.  [/quote]

LOL

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Flat Earth Map
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 02:44:02 PM »
Quote from: "Yardstick2006"
What part of THE EARTH IS ROUND IT HAS BEEN PROVEN do you not understand?

When did I say I didn't understand?

-- Bob Hudson

?

RenaissanceMan

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 05:34:36 PM »
What part of THERE IS NO GRAVITY ON A FE DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

The part where the perpetual acceleration to replace it approaches the speed of light in only 353 days. What part don't YOU get?

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
Flat Earth Map
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 05:47:18 PM »
The part where the perpetual acceleration to replace it approaches the speed of light in only 353 days. What part don't YOU get?

This is getting ridiculous to the point where I honestly think you should be banned for simply uttering this phrase.  There is a search function; use it to discover the folly of your own statement.

?

RenaissanceMan

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 06:19:17 PM »
Quote from: "6strings"

This is getting ridiculous to the point where I honestly think you should be banned for simply uttering this phrase.  There is a search function; use it to discover the folly of your own statement.

Excuse me? What would I search for?

The FE model holds that the Earth, sun, moon, and stars accelerate upwards at 9.81 meters per second to simulate gravity.

Do the math. Acceleration at that rate will result in a velocity approaching the speed of light in 353 days.

Curiously... the things ON the earth... us, water, air... aren't subject to this acceleration. I can't imagine why.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Flat Earth Map
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 06:41:19 PM »
Quote from: "RenaissanceMan"

Curiously... the things ON the earth... us, water, air... aren't subject to this acceleration. I can't imagine why.

Uh, that would violate Newton's Third Law.

-- Bob Hudson

?

RenaissanceMan

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 06:51:42 PM »

Is that right? Explain that to me.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Flat Earth Map
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 08:37:05 PM »

If the earth is accelerating, and I am on the earth, it pushes up on me, therefore I am also accelerating.  If I was on the earth and it was accelerating but I was not, we would have a violation of law #3.

-- Bob Hudson

?

RenaissanceMan

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 09:01:21 PM »

If the earth is accelerating, and I am on the earth, it pushes up on me, therefore I am also accelerating.  If I was on the earth and it was accelerating but I was not, we would have a violation of law #3.

No, my point was why aren't we accelerating with the earth, not because of it.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Flat Earth Map
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 09:51:04 PM »

Who says we are not?  Perhaps the effect is so small it can't be felt.

-- Bob Hudson

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 09:57:08 PM »
This is getting ridiculous to the point where I honestly think you should be banned for simply uttering this phrase. There is a search function; use it to discover the folly of your own statement.

This whole website is starting to get ridiculous to the point where you n00bs should die. :)
he earth is a friggin sphere.

?

Joab

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 09:59:22 PM »
nevermind

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 09:59:37 PM »
Quote from: "Rossk"
This is getting ridiculous to the point where I honestly think you should be banned for simply uttering this phrase. There is a search function; use it to discover the folly of your own statement.

This whole website is starting to get ridiculous to the point where you n00bs should die. :)

How old are you, Rossk?
Who really needs one of these things?

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2006, 10:03:29 PM »
Old enough to know that the Earth is a sphere.  :wink:

?

Joab

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2006, 10:04:41 PM »
which is older than most people here   :P

?

RenaissanceMan

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2006, 10:07:19 PM »

Who says we are not?  Perhaps the effect is so small it can't be felt.

No, I feel a 9.81 meter per second per second acceleration against me. It accelerates me against the ground and makes me heavy... If I jump I am pushed back to the ground.

My point is... why isn't the sun, moon, and stars subject to this force? "Universal Acceleration" is driving them ever onward in the FE model... but is ignoring me. I have to be pushed along by the planet. Why?

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2006, 10:14:14 PM »
Quote from: "Rossk"
Old enough to know that the Earth is a sphere.  :wink:

Quote from: "Joab"
which is older than most people here   :P

Okay... my next question... why do you have two accounts?

And, by the way, in my opinion, the people here that argue for the Flat-Earth possibility are a lot more mature than most of the Round-Earthers on these forums.
Who really needs one of these things?

Flat Earth Map
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 10:28:55 PM »
Okay... my next question... why do you have two accounts?

'cause I don't. Check now if you want.

I must admit...the people who think the earth is flat may be more mature (in a non-flaming kind of way) than the people who are not-quite-smart-but-just-not-stupid-enough-to-believe-the-earth-is-flat. I also must admit that these people have thought up LOTS of excuses and some believable theories. Well, believable if you're stupid enough to think the Earth is flat.