Okay. I want pictures of this ice wall.

• 284 Replies
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2006, 01:10:27 AM »
Believing the highly unlikely possibility for no reason only proves that one is unreasonable and lacks common sense. There is no reason to believe that there was a gov't conspiracy to hide the shape of the earth. If there was a reason, I'd have no problem with that argument.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2006, 01:15:55 AM »
Quote from: "bibicul"
Believing the highly unlikely possibility for no reason only proves that one is unreasonable and lacks common sense.

Then I guess it's a good thing there is a reason...

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2006, 01:26:12 AM »
Then I guess it's a good thing there is a reason...

Which nobody knows. Therefore we can assume there isn't one.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2006, 01:34:01 AM »
Hmm...Nobody knows what causes gravity, so we can therefore assume it doesn't exist.

That's some shady reasoning you've done there.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2006, 01:39:17 AM »
Through observation of the universe we came to the conclusion that gravity exists, even though we don't know why. There are no observations relating to a gov't conspiracy about the shape of the earth, so there is no reason to believe that it exists.

If you don't like my reasoning, then I guess your brain is not wired well.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2006, 01:45:02 AM »
There are no observations relating to a gov't conspiracy about the shape of the earth, so there is no reason to believe that it exists.

There have been no observations of the graviton, therefore, there is no reason to belive it exists.

If you don't like my reasoning, then I guess your brain is not wired well.

At least mine has not short-circuited.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2006, 01:48:22 AM »
There have been no observations of the graviton, therefore, there is no reason to belive it exists.

Of course there have been observations, like the fact that gravity holds our solar system together; the fact that when we jump up in the air we fall back on earth; and a lot of other grade 4 stuff...

Indeed, yours simply never worked.

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2006, 01:52:51 AM »
Quote from: "bibicul"

Of course there have been observations, like the fact that gravity holds our solar system together; the fact that when we jump up in the air we fall back on earth; and a lot of other grade 4 stuff...

Indeed, yours simply never worked.

stand-by all those who have not observed gravity with our own eyes, and known undeniably that it is gravity, and how it works is how we proclaim it to be...in other words listen up:

there are currently several projects to build equipment to detect minor ripples in space time caused by gravity, and the like. In less than 5 years i can guarantee the first prototype to have been completed and operational. This will forever bring an end to the debate of whether gravity exists or not...don't ask me how, google it...ur all smart people u can read wat the info says!

« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2006, 01:54:43 AM »
Cool.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2006, 01:55:55 AM »
There have been observations of the graviton?!?  When did that happen?

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2006, 01:58:03 AM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"
There have been observations of the graviton?!?  When did that happen?

In less than 5 years i can guarantee the first prototype to have been completed and operational.

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2006, 01:59:09 AM »
There haven't been observations of the graviton (yet, but I understand we'll have those in 5 years), if you're referring to the hypothetical elementary particle that mediates the force of gravity in the framework of quantum field theory. There have been observations of "gravity" or whatever you want to call it (call it "mom" if you want to); refer to below:

What are the observations pertaining to a gov't conspiracy hiding the true shape of the earth?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2006, 02:02:23 AM »
Quote from: "I"

Quote from: "You"
Of course there have been observations

There have been observations of "gravity" or whatever you want to call it

I didn't say anything about gravity.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2006, 02:05:13 AM »
I didn't say anything about gravity.

I didn't say anything about gravitons. And you replied to my post. So why did you change the topic?

Edit: Oh and I guess "What are the observations pertaining to a gov't conspiracy hiding the true shape of the earth?" remains an unanswered question. Typical...

beast

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2006, 03:05:23 AM »
It's easy.

We know the Earth is flat.

We observe them telling us that it is round.

Therefore based on what we know they must be lying.

« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2006, 04:33:38 AM »
There is no proof that the earth is flat. So how can you know something that you cannot prove?

beast

« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2006, 05:28:40 AM »
That's not what's being debated.

You asked what observations pertain to a government conspiracy.  The fact that they tell us the Earth is round is the observation.  The conspiracy isn't evidence of the Earth being flat; it is deduced from the Earth being flat.

« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2006, 05:33:34 AM »
You didn't / cannot prove that the earth is flat. Therefore you assume that the earth is flat, just like you assume there is a conspiracy (since the "gov't conspiracy" is deduced from an assumption, it cannot be more than an assumtion itself). Since you assumed it and it's not a fact, I told you why such an assumption was unlikely beyond any reasonable doubt.

beast

« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2006, 05:42:12 AM »
If we don't assume that the Earth is flat then what's the point of this forum?  Wouldn't it be fairly pointless if we all talked about how the Earth was round.  We'd really look like retards then.

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2006, 05:55:23 AM »
The point is to prove that the earth is flat, not ASSUME it flat. Every RE'er is asking you the same thing: why do you believe the earth is flat? If you don't want to answer thatm then this forum has no purpose. If you assume that the earth is flat, then what discussions do you expect to have? Clearly then people would just read your nonsense and say "Oh ok." This is a FORUM. FORUMS are used for debates. The debate here springs from 2 possible questions:
1) Why would the earth be round?
2) Why would the earth be flat?
There is an answer for why the earth is round. Gravity. We've had discussions about this before. Beyond this point, we all know what you think and you know what we think.
But why would the earth be flat? Why do you believe that? Etc, etc?

beast

« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2006, 05:59:07 AM »
Surely the question of "What would it mean for the world if the Earth was flat?" is a relevant and interesting question...

« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2006, 06:00:22 AM »
Surely. So?

beast

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2006, 06:02:24 AM »
That's a question that can be debated without considering that the Earth is round.  If the Earth were flat how would you explain all the phenomena that suggest that it is round?  Play the devil's advocate if you're capable of it - that's what this forum is all about.

« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2006, 06:05:54 AM »
Ah, so you don't believe the earth is flat. Then I guess I am done trying to convince you that the world is round. One less FE'er. Great!

beast

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2006, 07:07:36 AM »
lol.

How many genuine flat Earthers do you think there are?

« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2006, 07:08:08 AM »
I've no idea. Hopefully, very few.

beast

« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2006, 07:09:56 AM »
If, as I've said a number of times, there are actually none - would that mean your entire time here has been pointless?  Theoretically is it possible that there are a lot of people laughing at you for being as gullible as to believe that there are actually people who think the Earth is flat?

« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2006, 07:14:06 AM »
Nah, there are some FE'ers, you're just being ignorant, as usual.
And no, my time here has not been pointless. For the sake of the argument, I looked back at things like Einstein's theory of relativity or Newton's laws; I even printed myself out the theory of relativity and reread it. I looked back at theorems and got back in shape for debates, which is important in my field of work anyway.
You on the other hand still have a lot of work to do...

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2006, 09:04:55 AM »
There are a few, but I don't believe you've talked to any since you signed up.

« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2006, 12:12:01 AM »
So beast is a RE-er?