Do Nuclear Bombs Exist?

• 1472 Replies

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
Re: Do Nuclear Bombs Exist?
« Reply #150 on: October 18, 2009, 10:58:02 PM »
Hardly, and I might add that you have provided no evidence to the contrary.  However, I do make a living moving electrons (and photons, since I work with RFID) around.

You mean electricity and light. Very small amounts of them.

You have evidence that disproves atomic theory? I'm actually curious as to what you believe in if not atomic theory.

The burden of proof is on you.

That was towards your question. I don't have to disprove your theory, it is up to you to prove it.

Pete

• I believe that the earth is round
« Reply #151 on: October 18, 2009, 11:07:55 PM »
Hardly, and I might add that you have provided no evidence to the contrary.  However, I do make a living moving electrons (and photons, since I work with RFID) around.

You have evidence that disproves atomic theory? I'm actually curious as to what you believe in if not atomic theory.

That was towards your question. I don't have to disprove your theory, it is up to you to prove it.

Christ, Raist. I'm not actually trying to debate this, I'm simply curious as to what your alternate theory to Atomic Theory is, do you have some reason for not sharing your idea with us?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #152 on: October 18, 2009, 11:17:45 PM »

Christ, Raist. I'm not actually trying to debate this, I'm simply curious as to what your alternate theory to Atomic Theory is, do you have some reason for not sharing your idea with us?

Oh, I believe in atoms. I was simply saying he does not know for sure that there are atoms.

It's kind of ridiculous to believe otherwise with the massive amount of evidence in favor of atomic theory.

Pete

• I believe that the earth is round
« Reply #153 on: October 18, 2009, 11:25:18 PM »

Oh, I believe in atoms. I was simply saying he does not know for sure that there are atoms.

It's kind of ridiculous to believe otherwise with the massive amount of evidence in favor of atomic theory.

This is how I feel at your leading me to think for the past 24 hours or whatever that you had some uber interesting alternate theory ---->  :'(

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2009, 11:26:40 PM »

This is how I feel at your leading me to think for the past 24 hours or whatever that you had some uber interesting alternate theory ---->  :'(

Hmm, I could go with the Greek model of the 5 elements, where everything is made up of fire, water etc.

?

Dr Matrix

• In Soviet Russia, Matrix enters you!
« Reply #155 on: October 18, 2009, 11:59:36 PM »
Which of course is a straw man, since there is no way I could prove it to you in written form in a forum.  Except to say that the sciences of chemistry, biology, physics, and most other sciences rely on the atomic model, and if there was even a tiny error in it, it would have been noticed.

So you admit that electromagnetism works fine with or without atoms?
Quote from: Arthur Schopenhauer
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2009, 01:28:39 PM »
Which of course is a straw man, since there is no way I could prove it to you in written form in a forum.  Except to say that the sciences of chemistry, biology, physics, and most other sciences rely on the atomic model, and if there was even a tiny error in it, it would have been noticed.

So you admit that electromagnetism works fine with or without atoms?
I have yet to see any compelling theory of how EM could work without atoms, so no.  But if you have some interesting idea that has somehow been missed by researchers for 200 years, then by all means explain.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.

?

Dr Matrix

• In Soviet Russia, Matrix enters you!
« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2009, 01:30:54 PM »
I have yet to see any compelling theory of how EM could work without atoms, so no.  But if you have some interesting idea that has somehow been missed by researchers for 200 years, then by all means explain.

Maxwell's equations do not require atoms in order to function.  Please at least make a token effort to research the topic.
Quote from: Arthur Schopenhauer
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #158 on: October 20, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »

Maxwell's equations do not require atoms in order to function.  Please at least make a token effort to research the topic.
LOL.  You do realize that you are talking to an EE here? Yes, the equations dont require an atom in order to be correct since they are not describing the source of electromagnetism, only its interactions.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #159 on: October 20, 2009, 03:39:15 PM »
You do realize that you are talking to an EE here?
Anyone could claim that.

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #160 on: October 20, 2009, 05:52:04 PM »
You do realize that you are talking to an EE here?
Anyone could claim that.
true true.

ShnitzelKiller

• Everything not in front of your eyes doesn't exist
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2009, 07:30:26 PM »
I must say this was a very interesting thread.
on the subject do nuclear bombs exists? I Don't really know for sure if Nuclear BOMBS Exists but I do have it on good authority that nuclear technology does exists.
My husband is a Nuclear engineer for the US government at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Washington state. He works with the nuclear reactors that power our naval fleet. After all, did you know that they use nuclear reactors for the majority of Submarines and aircraft carriers?
I have seen in many posts that many on this site deny the existence of nuclear fission all together?
Now I am not all that knowledgeable on the scientific. But I am pretty sure that my husband has to put on those jump suits many times during his job to protect him from Nuclear Radiation, and the government does regular physicals on all the employees to be sure that they do not suffer from radiation.
My husband is not military but he is a civilian paid by the military.
Now if the technology exists could a bomb in theory exist too? not to mention there is more evidence to the positive that Nuclear bombs do exist.
Now what about other ill effects of nuclear technology and disasters? Chernobyl, Three mile island? or the Partial Melt down of NRX in Canada? Or EBR-1 in Idaho. Of course there are more...
Or the numorous russian submariens that were destroyed because of a neuclear issue of some kind....Komsomolets K-278, Kursk K-141, K-8, K-11, K-19,  K-27
K-116, K-122, K-123, K-140, (K-159 (which was a fairly recent disaster and killed 9.) K-192.

I just want to point out that there are other disasters that prove that nuclear technology does in fact exist other than Nagasaki and Hiroshima
And that the very fact that I can pay my bills and get groceries comes from what my husband does for a living, and I hardly think the government pays 72,000$ a year for him to work on keeping up a conspiracy. That is just my humble opinion.
Just wondering ...all those who have strong opinions to the contrary, have you ever gone to a nuclear facility? Because I have, and it does not look fake to me.
Oh and in regards to Nagasaki and Hiroshima, I will be in Japan for 2 months with my husband in January, where he is working on a few of out ships in Yokosuka, and I will make a trip there and see the place for myself.  I HOPE to determine if it was a conspiracy BY Truman and the Hirohito Regime. How ever I find that Highly Doubtful.

No doubt you're a government conspiracy bot. Everyone knows that nuclear reactors are just cleverly disguised coal engines.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2009, 12:58:53 AM »
Atoms don't necessarily exist as usually thought.

May exist as waves.

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2009, 06:33:57 AM »
I love it when pseudo- science tries to cloak itself in scientific terms.  Yes there is possible a particle-wave duality, but not in the way that guy is trying to suggest.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #164 on: November 21, 2009, 10:16:52 AM »
I love it when pseudo- science tries to cloak itself in scientific terms.  Yes there is possible a particle-wave duality, but not in the way that guy is trying to suggest.

I love when people use terms like "pseudo science" to make them look bad.

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2009, 10:25:58 AM »
Sorry, but I do tend to ignore anything with the term "aether" in the first couple of paragraphs.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2009, 10:35:44 AM »
Sorry, but I do tend to ignore anything with the term "aether" in the first couple of paragraphs.

I'm supposing you prefer the terms free space, spin foam, Planck particles, quantum wave state (QWS), zero-point energy, quantum foam, and vacuum energy.  Or how about Dark Energy and Quintessence?

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2009, 01:44:07 PM »

I'm supposing you prefer the terms free space, spin foam, Planck particles, quantum wave state (QWS), zero-point energy, quantum foam, and vacuum energy.  Or how about Dark Energy and Quintessence?

Your point being?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2009, 02:29:09 PM »
Your point being?

Mrs. Peach's point being that you're uneducated when it comes to matters of science 'thought'.

What do you think bends when Einstein says that "space bends"?

Aether, that's what.

Aether is supposed to be the fabric of space. Einstein argued aggressively for the existence of Aether (space fabric) throughout his entire life, and wrote books and books on the subject (General Relativity).

Are you saying that you're smarter than Einstein?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 03:24:11 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2009, 03:38:04 PM »
Your point being?

Mrs. Peach's point being that you're uneducated when it comes to matters of science 'thought'.
Right...my degree says something different, but to each his own.

What do you think bends when Einstein says that "space bends"?

Aether, that's what.

Aether is supposed to be the fabric of space. Einstein argued aggressively for the existence of Aether (space fabric) throughout his entire life, and wrote books and books on the subject (General Relativity).

Are you saying that you're smarter than Einstein?
[/quote]
The actual convention for what you are postulating as aether is space-time.  Aether is missing the additional dimentional component.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2009, 05:48:42 PM »
Nope. Einstein says that Aether is space-time. It's the fabric of space which bends.

So you're saying that you are smarter than Einstein?

parsec

« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2009, 06:13:45 PM »
Nope. Einstein says that Aether is space-time. It's the fabric of space which bends.

Please give a quote from Einstein where he says this.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2009, 06:21:40 PM »

Please give a quote from Einstein where he says this.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein_aether_theory :

"In physics the Einstein Aether theory, also called ae-theory is a controversial generally covariant generalization of general relativity which describes a spacetime endowed with both a metric and a unit timelike vector field named the aether."

---

Here's Einstein himself saying that Aether gives space its flexy fabric for GR:

« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 06:26:42 PM by Tom Bishop »

parsec

« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2009, 06:23:53 PM »
lol, obvious fake.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2009, 06:36:44 PM »
Please educate yourself in matters of General Relativity. Einstein mentions the word Aether several thousand times through his books on GR. He says that there is a fabric to space called the Aether.

http://arxiv.org/abs/0801.1547

Einstein-aether gravity: a status report

This paper reviews the theory, phenomenology, and observational constraints on the coupling parameters of Einstein-aether gravity, i.e. General Relativity coupled to a dynamical unit timelike vector field. A discussion of open questions concerning both phenomenology and fundamental issues is included.

Click "PDF" on the right hand side to download the report.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 06:39:22 PM by Tom Bishop »

parsec

« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2009, 06:39:51 PM »
Please provide me with a reference by Einstein himself where he says Aether exists. Thanks.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2009, 06:41:31 PM »
Please provide me with a reference by Einstein himself where he says Aether exists. Thanks.

Read his books. Thanks.

parsec

« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2009, 06:42:05 PM »

Read his books. Thanks.

Give me a title.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2009, 06:48:31 PM »
Start with his "Aether and Relativity".

www.mountainman.com.au/aether_0.html

Quote from Einstein:

"Recapitulating, we may say that according to the general theory of relativity space is endowed with physical qualities; in this sense, therefore, there exists an ether. According to the general theory of relativity space without ether is unthinkable; for in such space there not only would be no propagation of light, but also no possibility of existence for standards of space and time, nor therefore any space-time intervals in the physical sense."
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 07:00:00 PM by Tom Bishop »

parsec

« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2009, 07:01:41 PM »
this is just some supposed address at the University of Leyden. It's not his book.

EDIT:

Notice the spelling 'Leyden' I used as is given on that website you linked us to. The proper spelling for the famous Dutch University (and town) is Leiden, well known to any person with proper academic background. Therefore, I call bullshit on your website, as I do on almost all the things you post.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 07:07:00 PM by parsec »