BLAST Telescope

• 41 Replies
BLAST Telescope
« on: January 09, 2009, 01:43:54 PM »
I recently watched a documentry about this project. One of their launch sites was Antarctica. Interestingly enough they observed 24 hour daylight. Also of interest is the number of people who worked on the project (includes people from non-american universities too). More additions to the conspiracy?

Re: BLAST Telescope
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 02:07:11 PM »
I saw one NASA logo on the site so therfore the results are fake as well as the launch site
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, but I am not sure about the former.

Euclid

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 02:33:47 PM »
Lol, one of my physics professors builds the instruments for a variety of these balloon-borne experiments in Antarctica.  I'm not sure if he's actually been to Antarctica to verify if they were actually launched though.
Quote from: Roundy the Truthinessist
Yes, thanks to the tireless efforts of Euclid and a few other mathematically-inclined members, electromagnetic acceleration is fast moving into the forefront of FE research.
8)

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 05:00:46 PM »
McMurdo Station is a US Government military research base.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 06:06:41 PM »

And? am I right in saying we can now add these people to the infamous "conspiracy list"?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 06:13:06 PM »
And? am I right in saying we can now add these people to the infamous "conspiracy list"?

You're assuming that they'd all be "in on it." The students at those institutions could easily just be studying telemetry data NASA gives them. Or perhaps they're being exploited by acting as unpaid interns for NASA to create props, diagrams, and schematics NASA will never use, but can add to its websites and museum displays.

Besides, a telescope suspended from a balloon sounds like a technology that would be necessary to exist if satellites were impossible.

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 06:39:39 PM »

You're assuming that they'd all be "in on it." The students at those institutions could easily just be studying telemetry data NASA gives them. Or perhaps they're being exploited by acting as unpaid interns for NASA to create props, diagrams, and schematics NASA will never use, but can add to its websites and museum displays.

Besides, a telescope suspended from a balloon sounds like a technology that would be necessary to exist if satellites were impossible.
it is a very cheap alternative to launching a satellite that a many institutions use for an experiment that will not take that long, a long term experiment would require many balloons hence that is why they usually put up the cash to launch it into orbit since the balloon can not stay up for an extended duration
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, but I am not sure about the former.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 06:41:40 PM »
since the balloon can not stay up for an extended duration

High altitude stratellites stay up for over 14 months at a time without needing in-air or ground maintenance.

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 06:53:13 PM »
since the balloon can not stay up for an extended duration

High altitude stratellites stay up for over 14 months at a time without needing in-air or ground maintenance.
Not the one they launched

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 09:14:15 AM »

First, I thought only NASA was in on it, not the US military.
Second, the station being military doesn't mean that everyone who visits it is in on the conspiracy.
Third, McMurdo is not a military base. It is supplied by the Military Sealift Command, but the ships are crewed with civilians.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 02:43:07 AM »

Who do you think started NASA?

Second, the station being military doesn't mean that everyone who visits it is in on the conspiracy.

You don't think that they let just anyone into military bases, do you? Especially if they have something they want to hide?

Third, McMurdo is not a military base.

Actually, it is.

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 11:09:35 AM »

Who do you think started NASA?

Dwight D. Eisenhower and his advisors, after being urged by congress to counter Soviet dominance in the space race.

Also, I thought the FE line was that NASA's beginnings were innocent, and they only started the deception after they realised space travel was impossible.

You don't think that they let just anyone into military bases, do you? Especially if they have something they want to hide?

No, these guys were researchers. McMurdo is a research base.

Third, McMurdo is not a military base.

Actually, it is.

Proof?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 12:41:59 PM »

You've never been in the military, have you?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 12:48:17 PM »
Dwight D. Eisenhower and his advisors, after being urged by congress to counter Soviet dominance in the space race.

So by the military, right, just what I said.

Military research bases are also by invite only.

Proof?

Just look at their website.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 12:49:20 PM »

So you think military bases let in just anyone who knocks at the door?  :D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 02:37:14 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 12:50:45 PM »

So you think military bases lets in just anyone who knocks at the door?  :D
The military bases near me I can drive all over them no problem and I am not in the Military

?

Bob28

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 01:10:13 PM »
are you saying the conspiracy accidentally released info to the public about the reality that satellites dont exist?  somebody's getting fired.

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 01:23:04 PM »
are you saying the conspiracy accidentally released info to the public about the reality that satellites dont exist?  somebody's getting killed.
Fixed

?

Bob28

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 01:31:43 PM »
are you saying the conspiracy accidentally released info to the public about the reality that satellites dont exist?  somebody's getting killed.
Fixed
youre right, i forgot the top dogs at NASA are ruthless killers

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 01:34:26 PM »

So you think military bases lets in just anyone who knocks at the door?  :D

Classic Fallacy of a False Dilemma

A)Only those in on the Conspiracy can enter McMurdo or any other military base that is used in the Conspiracy

and

B)Military Bases let in anyone who knocks on the door.

B is obviously false. And thus A would be true if those were the only two options

A and B are not the only two possible options Tom, as you yourself are well aware as your frequent re-iterating of the fact that many people contributing to the Conspiracy are aware they are doing so, makes clear.

An annoyed
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 05:39:49 AM »

So by the military, right, just what I said.

Military research bases are also by invite only.

Proof?

Just look at their website.

Isn't it a research station?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMurdo_Station

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 01:47:12 AM »

A military research station.

?

MessiahOfFire

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 02:23:28 AM »

I have found no proof that this station is a Military research station. Please provide full details and evidence of your outrageous claim. You are making the claim, you must provide in detail support for this claim. Please come back when you get some, so we may continue this discussion.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 06:21:54 AM »

A military scientific research station supported by the military.

Fixed that for you.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

MessiahOfFire

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 12:20:31 AM »

I have found no proof that this station is a Military research station. Please provide full details and evidence of your outrageous claim. You are making the claim, you must provide in detail support for this claim. Please come back when you get some, so we may continue this discussion.

Tom Bishop, I and we are still waiting.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 04:03:29 PM »

Tom Bishop, I and we are still waiting.

Here you go:

Reference One:

"McMurdo was built as a research base for the U.S. Navy. Attracting up to 1,200 researchers in the summer, damage to the environment McMurdo is showing, researchers said. Sponsored by a National Science Grant, researchers from A&M have worked to alter the impact of this damage."

Reference Two:

"Hello from McMurdo Station, Antarctica! We are presently at 77o South latitude, the farthest south anyone can travel in the world by ship. We arrived here yesterday after traveling through a channel in the ice, created by icebreakers, like the Nathaniel B. Palmer. McMurdo is home to the United States Antarctic Program and it is the largest such station on the Antarctic continent. During this summer season, it is home to 1100 people. It is also an active military base."

Reference Three:

"With a team of scientists, Brown set out from the main camp at McMurdo Station, a U.S. Navy base, into the white Antarctic mountain range in search of clues to the earth's past formation."

You lose.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 05:59:55 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 05:28:05 AM »
Tom, you still miss a significant point.
The FAQ Says that only NASA know about the conspiracy, no one else (more people would mean less profit individually, right?)
Even if the military started NASA, it does not mean they are in on it.
My Dad "created" me, and he doesn't know everything i'm thinking. NASA lead the conspiracy once they found Space Travel impossible. Why would they tell the military.

Or, better yet, there is no conspiracy. Take your pick, you're wrong either way.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2009, 08:57:29 AM »
The FAQ Says that only NASA know about the conspiracy, no one else (more people would mean less profit individually, right?)

Since NASA is an organization which was started by the military, and since the military also claims to have satellites and things which can go into orbit such as ICBM's, obviously the military is also connected.

Actually, it does.

My Dad "created" me, and he doesn't know everything i'm thinking. NASA lead the conspiracy once they found Space Travel impossible. Why would they tell the military.

The military was claiming to send satellites into orbit before they even created NASA. That's why they would be in on any space conspiracy.

?

Ravenwood240

• I disagree. What was the Question?
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 09:07:14 AM »

Or, better yet, there is no conspiracy. Take your pick, you're wrong either way.

At least some of the military has to know about the conspiracy, a fact which should be plain to anyone with brains.

Hint:  Who monitors and controls the GNSS?

"The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a global navigation satellite system (GNSS) developed by the United States Department of Defense and managed by the United States Air Force 50th Space Wing. It is the only fully functional GNSS in the world, can be used freely, and is often used by civilians for navigation purposes. It uses a constellation of between 24 and 32 Medium Earth Orbit satellites that transmit precise microwave signals, which allow GPS receivers to determine their current location, the time, and their velocity."

At least some people in the military have to be in on it.
Belief gets in the way of learning.  If you believe something, you've closed your mind to any further thought.  I know some things, little things, not the nine million names of God.

(Paraphased from R.A. Heinlein's "Time Enough For Love.")

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 04:41:31 PM »

At least some of the military has to know about the conspiracy, a fact which should be plain to anyone with brains.

Hint:  Who monitors and controls the GNSS?

"The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a global navigation satellite system (GNSS) developed by the United States Department of Defense and managed by the United States Air Force 50th Space Wing. It is the only fully functional GNSS in the world, can be used freely, and is often used by civilians for navigation purposes. It uses a constellation of between 24 and 32 Medium Earth Orbit satellites that transmit precise microwave signals, which allow GPS receivers to determine their current location, the time, and their velocity."

At least some people in the military have to be in on it.

This is aimed at Tom Bishop too.

Why then, was NASA created? if the military knew of this Flat Earth before NASA, then the government wouldn't have had anything to lose by just telling the people that the Earth is flat. If NASA found out the fact, the ok, NASA wants to keep it's funding and therefore make up these lies. If the military found out, they'd tell the government (it's Treason not too) and the government would have instead created the National Institute of Finding out What the Hell is Under This Disc/Rock/Thing (Or NIFWHUTSRT for short).
This alternative organisation could still gain money and funds to research things that FET doesn't know, for instance, what's under the rock, what keeps us stationed, what gravity is, how big the sun is. Etc etc etc.

FET sucks, you have to keep adapting your auxillary hypotheses just to perpetuate this claim that the Earth is flat. The problem is, you bring in these ad hoc changes far too much and it just lowers any original claim you make to beyond ridiculous. This is exactly why the paradigm died centuries ago.