so much rambling

• 30 Replies
?

bluepyro

so much rambling
« on: January 07, 2009, 06:36:43 PM »
ok so im an RE person... ive only been here for about lets say 15 mins... so everyone of you FE people will be like read the faq... well i did

and i came across this..

Q: "Why are other celestial bodies round but not the Earth?"

A: The Earth is not one of the other planets. The Earth is special and unlike the other bodies in numerous ways.
----------------------------------

now i guess i cant say my way of thinking is better then yours like you cant really say your thinking is better then mine... really it doesnt even matter...

not I or all of you who are FE's can say its flat like i cant say its round...

why i think its round:

If the world was really flat, what would happen if you jump off the disc's edge?"

A1: You would enter an inertial reference frame, moving at a constant velocity in the direction the Earth was moving before you jumped. The Earth would continue accelerating upwards past you at a rate of 1g, so it would appear to you that you were falling into space

if this is correct people who live in australia wouldn't be able to fly to the "right" to canada BUT would have to fly "left" the whole time... like if i flew from canada to china i would have to fly right... assuming the earth is flat and canada is on the left side of your FE picture... but i can fly to the left to china...

according to you if i did fly left i would "fall off" and it would appear that i would be falling into space... never to return of cource, because in your  theory's everything is moving up?...
-------------------------------------------------
Q: "If the Earth was indeed a flat disc, wouldn't the whole planet crunch up into itself and eventually transform into a ball?"

A: If the Earth generated a gravitational field, it would eventually happen. Of course, it would take a billion years for the process to complete. FE assumes that the Earth does not generate a gravitational field.  What we know as 'gravity' is provided by the acceleration of the earth.

LMAO thats how gravity is created, by a spinning object...

if indeed the earth had no gravity and it was moving only upward like everything else we would surely feel it...

it would take a billion years for the process to complete.
<--- uhhh yah thats how long it did take... our calander for the eastern HEMISPHERE is only 2000 years old... some civilizations go back 6000 maybe more im no science geek person...

just wait a second im going to stop there...

theres so much you and i can argue about how its round or flat... blah blah blah...

but really it doesnt matter what you or i think about the subject...

because really the whole world, or most of it knows/thinks its round wether it is or not...

but i cant really say your rong either like i cant say a child in the roman times was rong when he wanted to see jews being killed in the coluseum for entertainment... its all just about perspective and how you see things...

no one here on this site or forum including me has been into space... or the so called no space by you FE'ers... and i dont think any of you have been to the "edge" of this planet.. or what do you call it because i think a planet is round right?...
--------------------------------------------------

if im still around this forum when i have enough money to travel "left" i'll let you all know how it goes... ill even tape it for you so you can stop rambling on about how its flat...

but why even bother... because all thoughs people who did travel left past canada and SURVIVED, TAPED it and put it up... you'll still be rambling on and giving more theory on how the movie was made up or the pictures were made by computers...
----------------------------------------------------

theres tons of proof that theres space and tons of videos of rockets traveling out and into space... how do rockets travel into space?... its called SCIENCE... ohhhhh noooo what a bad word :O...

how do you think human being's came up with the idea of splitting an atom to make a bomb?... what thoughs really didnt happen either? (kind've off topic but not really)..

if space travel doesnt exist then science doesnt exist period... nore does the facts that SCIENCE NOT NASA prove that gravity exists...

how do you think rocket fuel was created/discovered? SCIENCE.

science=technolgy:
cd's
the discovery of the blue-ray
digital media
computers
discovery of the proton and electron(this would lead to all the above being created).

to deny science is to deny the human evolution...

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: so much rambling
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 08:06:53 PM »

Wait, what?  ???
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 08:13:45 PM »
If the Earth is a stanford torus, then yes its rotation can create artificial gravity. Unfortunately, the Earth is not a stanford torus, but a cylindrical mass with us on the top. Rotation will not cause gravity in this case.

?

bluepyro

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
If the Earth is a stanford torus, then yes its rotation can create artificial gravity. Unfortunately, the Earth is not a stanford torus, but a cylindrical mass with us on the top. Rotation will not cause gravity in this case.

yes we are on "top" but that doesn't mean its flat.

the wikipedia definition your applying the earth to is a space station... that space station moves in a circular fashion creating gravity... how the scientists came up with that... well what other model could they get it from... the earth of cource  ::)

you just proved my point that the earth does move and it creates gravity like everything else in our galaxy and the universe it resides.

if we are really moving up and the sun is on "top" of us... then we would have permanent lite... and no night or day cycles... causing this flat surface to not sustain life.

HOWEVER... if space has no directional value.. and its just one big space you could say the earth moves up but in a circular motion around the sun while the earth is moving in a circular motion(kinda confusing but you know what i mean)

it takes 1 year for the earth to make 1 full rotation around the sun

and it takes 24 of our hours for our earth to rotate 1 complete turn...

for the moon to rotate around the earth 1 full rotation it takes 29.5 days..

and for all of it to have the rotation is called gravity caused by rotation(that even sounds confusing to me:P)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 09:15:48 PM by bluepyro »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 10:08:15 PM »

the wikipedia definition your applying the earth to is a space station... that space station moves in a circular fashion creating gravity... how the scientists came up with that... well what other model could they get it from... the earth of cource

and for all of it to have the rotation is called gravity caused by rotation(that even sounds confusing to me:P)

Please tell me you're kidding.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 10:19:54 PM »
This is just too much.

Eric, is that you?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 05:08:12 AM »
hahaha brilliant post. Can't be Eric though, the style is all wrong. This is just your average retarded teenager.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 06:57:31 AM »

Wait, what?  ???
I noticed that too. Gravity depends on the Mass of an object, not whether or not it is spinning.
I hate myself for coming here

?

Moonlit

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The Rebound
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 01:50:58 PM »
Spinning causes centripetal force, not gravity.  And it pulls you outward, not inward.
You think that a photograph is indisputable evidence?  Would you like me to show you a photograph of Barack Obama having sex with a gorilla?

Euclid

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 01:59:42 PM »
lol @ epic fail in the OP.  Probably trolling though.

Well, actually the known world could be a small spot on the interior of a giant Stanford torus.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 02:01:26 PM by Euclid »
Quote from: Roundy the Truthinessist
Yes, thanks to the tireless efforts of Euclid and a few other mathematically-inclined members, electromagnetic acceleration is fast moving into the forefront of FE research.
8)

Euclid

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 02:08:34 PM »
Spinning causes centripetal force, not gravity.  And it pulls you outward, not inward.

Actually, centripetal force causes spinning.  And it pulls you inward, not outward.
Quote from: Roundy the Truthinessist
Yes, thanks to the tireless efforts of Euclid and a few other mathematically-inclined members, electromagnetic acceleration is fast moving into the forefront of FE research.
8)

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 02:20:07 PM »
And it pulls you outward, not inward.
That would be the fictitious centrifugal force.

?

bluepyro

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 03:33:10 PM »
hahaha brilliant post. Can't be Eric though, the style is all wrong. This is just your average retarded teenager.

why would you even start to call me retarted?... most of the world would start calling all you retarted

theres so much you and i can argue about how its round or flat... blah blah blah...

because really the whole world, or most of it knows/thinks its round wether it is or not...

but i cant really say your rong either like i cant say a child in the roman times was rong when he wanted to see jews being killed in the coluseum for entertainment... its all just about perspective and how you see things...

no one here on this site or forum including me has been into space... or the so called no space by you FE'ers... and i dont think any of you have been to the "edge" of this planet.. or what do you call it because i think a planet is round right?...

i quoted myself because really i dont want to type it all out again...

all we have is arguements...

in my position you FE'ers have no real evidence... just pictures with star trek ships on them.

all of you are just focusing on the part about gravity. is that all you can argue about?... yes i didnt specify how gravity is, but why do i have to be specific when all of you know how it is created or not created?

if all you can do is make fun of my simple answers, then you have no place in my open mind. im open to anything and for a split second i really thought this sight was for seriouse people... but i guess names are just called.
------------------------------------------------------------

if your going to give me one sentence replys(tom)then i would never believe you or any FE'ers. the reason why i believe the RE side of all this because ive been givin hard evidence on how the planets are round, how gravity is created, how stars are created, black holes, etc.

yes NASA says why... but science has been around longer then NASA... and people have been saying the planets have been round way longer then nasa was even concieved...

in the end it really doesnt matter what I or you think of the subject period.

i really dont care... i came here to put my ideas on this site, simple ones yes... but you have no right to tell me im wrong like i have no right telling you your wrong...

its all about the society's perspective...

one more thing:

if it was all fake, human being's wouldnt spend there whole life wasting it studying on the stars and cosmo's, creating technology for the telescopes, computers and electronics it all leads to...

of course someone who is a senior member here is going to qoute part of this post to and just give one sentence answers ::), im not here to change your mind, but it seems to me like your mind is very closed and wont at least consider that its round... and yes i have considered that it might be flat, but the evidence before me tells me that its wrong<--- thats my opinion, not saying your wrong, dont want to contradict myself.

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 04:16:42 PM »

because really the whole world, or most of it knows/thinks its round wether it is or not...[

but i cant really say your rong either like i cant say a child in the roman times was rong when he wanted to see jews being killed in the coluseum for entertainment... its all just about perspective and how you see things....

all we have is arguements...

in my position you FE'ers have no real evidence... just pictures with star trek ships on them.

in the end it really doesnt matter what I or you think of the subject period.

i really dont care... i came here to put my ideas on this site, simple ones yes... but you have no right to tell me im wrong like i have no right telling you your wrong...

its all about the society's perspective...

Okay so first off on an utterly unimportant stylistic note it makes it much easier for us to read your posts and understand what the hell your saying if you use Capitalization, punctuation and proper spelling.Hell Firefox now has add-ons that will do it for you

That said I think I can say that since Dionysius stopped posting here nothing on the Forum has come close to making me as angry as your post. Which is why I'm responding despite the fact your (hopefully) a mere troll

The shape of the Earth IS AN OBJECTIVE MATTER. What society thinks is irrelevant, it either is a flat disc, or an oblate spheroid or whatever shape...
 (I would make a similar argument about morality being just as objective and that as a consequence a Roman who enjoyed Jew killing in the Colosseum [which is an example showcasing a depressing ignorance of history since it was early Christians, slaves and criminals that the Romans typically killed in the Colosseum] was just as wrong to do so as he/she would be today, but that is a more contentious point and one that really needs a separate thread to address, assuming I had the time or energy to argue it and at present I don't)

Furthermore even assuming you are not trolling (God willing you are) I claim your hypocritical since I doubt your willing to actually live as if there was no objective physical reality beyond social convention which is in essence what your claiming (if you are than find a group of people who believe you'll survive a collision with a train then give it a whirl )

Finally in the unlikely event your totally without hypocrisy and firm in your belief that the external world is totally dependent on the opinions of people (in which case you'd be worthy of a prize for acquiring 100% postmodern epistemology without acquiring the postmodernists skill with and love of writing) why on Earth would you join a web Forum devoted to trying to determine via argument the shape of the Earth in the external physical world, a debate that is utterly meaningless to you.

A truly enraged
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

?

Moonlit

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The Rebound
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 08:21:07 AM »

Damit.  I knew I was getting that wrong.  *sigh*  I'll get it right someday...that is if I ever take a physics class again.  :-\
You think that a photograph is indisputable evidence?  Would you like me to show you a photograph of Barack Obama having sex with a gorilla?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 09:44:31 AM »

why would you even start to call me retarted?... most of the world would start calling all you retarted

Cos you are retarted. And now possibly you're an alt.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

Oom19

• BLARG
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 06:05:30 PM »
First off, gravity is created by mass, not spinning motion.  Pseudo gravity can be created using centripical (spelling :P) force however.

Second, their FE is created as a disk with the centerpoint at the North Pole, and Antarctica becomes their "Ice wall".
Listening to the FE'ers try to disprove this is like watching a train derailment in slow motion...

(I have no theory, my life is now dedicated to the destruction of the FET)

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 06:08:45 PM »
How do you know it doesn't exist?

?

Oom19

• BLARG
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 06:20:33 PM »

lol, I missed that post, you just threw FE'ers credability back a couple dozen feet, ANYBODY, can prove centrifical force.
Listening to the FE'ers try to disprove this is like watching a train derailment in slow motion...

(I have no theory, my life is now dedicated to the destruction of the FET)

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 06:43:51 PM »

Wait, what?  ???

Why is he like, the 100th person to say that?

?

Cheryl Wiesbaden

• Zeteticist, Moralist, Feminist
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 07:41:38 PM »
First off, gravity is created by mass
Oh, right. That makes SO much more sense... ::)

?

Moonlit

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The Rebound
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 10:39:10 AM »
If gravity is created by mass then why is it that I can't hit a fat person any harder than I can hit a skinny person?

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 01:36:34 PM »
If gravity is created by mass then why is it that I can't hit a fat person any harder than I can hit a skinny person?

Dare we ask how you know that?
"The Zetetic Astronomy has come into my hands ... if it be childish, it is clever; if it be mannish, it is unusually foolish."

A Budget of Paradoxes - A. de Morgan (pp 306-310)

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 01:46:57 PM »
You can, it's just so small you don't feel it.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 01:59:01 PM »

lol, I missed that post, you just threw FE'ers credability back a couple dozen feet, ANYBODY, can prove centrifical force.

I'm afraid that centrifugal force is a 'real' force, as it essentially no force at all. Imagine an ant was in space on a ball. If you span the ball, the ant would be forced in a straight line, and, as nothing is stopping it, continues in a straight line, and would be thrown off the circle, because the circle isn't straight. 

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 02:03:14 PM »

I'm afraid that centrifugal force is a 'real' force, as it essentially no force at all. Imagine an ant was in space on a ball. If you span the ball, the ant would be forced in a straight line, and, as nothing is stopping it, continues in a straight line, and would be thrown off the circle, because the circle isn't straight. 
Thats why if you swing a wet shirt around, the water will go flying off.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 02:10:16 PM »
I liked my analogy better.

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 02:12:35 PM »
I liked my analogy better.
Well then I will fix mine. Thats why if a chick in a wet T-shirt contest pulls her top off and slings it around, the water fly's off.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2009, 02:13:42 PM »
If only all lessons were taught like that.

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 02:36:55 PM »
If only all lessons were taught like that.
You mean yours aren't?