Poll

Is gun control an effective means of reducing violent crime

Yes.  People cannot be trusted with guns for any reason.  If the population is not armed, then there are less guns in the hands of criminals.  As a result there will be less violent crime
Yes.  But only for gun crimes, it will have no effect on other types of violent crimes
Yes and no.  It may reduce crimes commited with guns, but criminal will then resort to other weapons such as knives.  Other violent crimes will increase
No.  Criminals will get guns despite the law, it will have no effect on crime
No.  Not only will criminals ignore this law and get guns illegally, but such laws will make for easier victims since they will not be armed.  Crime rates will increase

Gun Control

• 2002 Replies
Re: Gun Control
« Reply #1380 on: January 11, 2013, 06:32:48 AM »
70 pages and the fact still remains that America is the country where most kids are shot.

South Africa holds that honor, actually.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #1381 on: January 11, 2013, 06:34:32 AM »
70 pages and the fact still remains that America is the country where most kids are shot.

South Africa holds that honor, actually.

Yeah like that counts as a country  ::)
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

« Reply #1382 on: January 11, 2013, 06:38:10 AM »
Are any of the following real countries?

El Salvador
 Jamaica   
 Honduras   
 Guatemala   
 Swaziland   
 Colombia   
 Brazil   
 Panama   
 Mexico

?

Thork

« Reply #1383 on: January 11, 2013, 07:11:35 AM »
Are any of the following real countries?

El Salvador
 Jamaica   
 Honduras   
 Guatemala   
 Swaziland   
 Colombia   
 Brazil   
 Panama   
 Mexico
Swaziland sounds like a place. It ends in land like England or Scotland. The rest are just places from fiction books like Lord of the Rings and World of Warcraft. Wasn't Guatemala a town in Final Fantasy IX?

« Reply #1384 on: January 11, 2013, 07:12:21 AM »
You are literally hilarious.

?

Thork

« Reply #1385 on: January 11, 2013, 07:15:37 AM »
I will hijack your dreams tonight for that comment. Soon you'll be afraid to shut your eyes.

« Reply #1386 on: January 11, 2013, 07:20:08 AM »
See you then!  :-*

?

Thork

« Reply #1387 on: January 11, 2013, 07:21:35 AM »
Make sure you have pants on this time. >:(

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #1388 on: January 11, 2013, 05:51:38 PM »
Didn't see this until recently:

http://www.naturalnews.com/038392_Sandy_Hook_Dark_Knight_Rises_Batman_movie.html

It might try and redirect you, so hit just hit stop once the text loads.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #1389 on: January 11, 2013, 06:42:43 PM »
Darnit, all this talk about banning guns and ammo compelled me to buy another one of these the other day.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1390 on: January 11, 2013, 07:21:34 PM »
Darnit, all this talk about banning guns and ammo compelled me to buy another one of these the other day.

Ak-74 variant or AR-15 in 5.45??
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #1391 on: January 11, 2013, 11:50:37 PM »
Ak-74 variant or AR-15 in 5.45??
Why, both of course  ;D

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #1392 on: January 12, 2013, 03:07:51 AM »
See now that youve posted that the government knows what you own.  Ive been saying for a week on all my social media sites that I sold all of my weapons.  It's true, I have.

I think it was Beorn last page that posted the interview with Alex Jones.

This is a much better interview.

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">COMPLETE: Ben Shapiro CUTS Piers Morgan DOWN

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #1393 on: January 12, 2013, 03:29:12 AM »

?

illmunati

• Nope

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #1395 on: January 12, 2013, 10:12:42 AM »
I am not sure why peirce did not bring up the issue of resistance against the US government.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #1396 on: January 12, 2013, 10:30:11 AM »
BTW Im moving to Wyoming.  Then maybe I will buy all my guns back.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/10/heres-how-wyoming-lawmakers-are-trying-to-beat-obama-admin-to-the-punch-on-possible-gun-ban/

lol at trying to make it a felony to enforce a federal law.

I guess it sends a message... one as limp and impotent as a Wyoming resident without his gun, but a message nonetheless.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #1397 on: January 12, 2013, 10:31:21 AM »
BTW Im moving to Wyoming.  Then maybe I will buy all my guns back.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/10/heres-how-wyoming-lawmakers-are-trying-to-beat-obama-admin-to-the-punch-on-possible-gun-ban/

That's just dumb political posturing.  You can't pass a law saying that you don't have to follow this other law.  That's not how it works.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #1398 on: January 12, 2013, 03:10:43 PM »
So they're trying out state nullification again? I don't seem to remember that working very well in the past.

« Reply #1399 on: January 13, 2013, 01:09:41 AM »
See now that youve posted that the government knows what you own.  Ive been saying for a week on all my social media sites that I sold all of my weapons.  It's true, I have.
You're right.  There's a gun show tomorrow and next weekend near me.  I believe I shall sell these two rifles and the ammo I have for them to a complete stranger.... for about twice what I paid for it all  ;D

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #1400 on: January 13, 2013, 07:57:49 AM »
Just as an aside, it appears that about half of the massacres caused by raving lunatics in America happened after the Clinton assault rifle ban. I'm not a yank so I don't know the ins and outs of the ban, but doesn't this make it seem like more of a problem in modern culture than a legislative one?
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1401 on: January 13, 2013, 07:57:05 PM »
Why, both of course  ;D

That's cool. I shot an AR-15 chambered in 5.45.

Here is a crappy pic of the completed rifle I built using the lower I posted about earlier in this thread.

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #1402 on: January 13, 2013, 08:43:08 PM »
Here is a crappy pic of the completed rifle I built using the lower I posted about earlier in this thread.
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l448/sokarul/IMG_05701_zps2b897780.jpg
Nice, what caliber is yours?  I want one of those buttstocks.  Been meaning to get one for awhile now.

I'm debating which upper I want to get for my next build.  An RRA flat-top free float 16" bull barrel in .223 Wylde  and 1/8 twist, or a Model 1 flat-top free float in 5.56 nato 1/8 twist with a threaded muzzle (I'd like the ability to add a suppressor should I ever get one).  Optics will consist of a 1-4x scope of some kind.

*.223 wylde is a cross between 5.56 nato and .223 saami

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1403 on: January 13, 2013, 08:59:18 PM »
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l448/sokarul/IMG_05701_zps2b897780.jpg
Nice, what caliber is yours?  I want one of those buttstocks.  Been meaning to get one for awhile now.

I'm debating which upper I want to get for my next build.  An RRA flat-top free float 16" bull barrel in .223 Wylde  and 1/8 twist, or a Model 1 flat-top free float in 5.56 nato 1/8 twist with a threaded muzzle (I'd like the ability to add a suppressor should I ever get one).  Optics will consist of a 1-4x scope of some kind.

*.223 wylde is a cross between 5.56 nato and .223 saami
It's .223. It was supposed to have a 6.5 Grendel barrel but it will be a few months before I can get one.
I have heard of the .223 wylde chamber. I think it can handle 80+ grain ammo. I wouldn't get a barrel with it unless it was a 24". I don't see any advantages in the 16" that you listed. 
I have two more lowers hopeful shipping this week and 2 completed uppers on the way. One of the uppers is an Adams Arms piston upper.   
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #1404 on: January 13, 2013, 09:01:21 PM »
Some very interesting choices from both of you.  As for myself, I've always been partial to a three-inch wabbajacker scope that I use in conjunction with my jumbo gumbo on my Black Mambo Sambo.  It really helps my CCR when I GNR.  The dingos never even know what hits them - but I do.  It's a free-floating salad-tossing high-falutin' piece of ordnance I like to call "Big Mike."

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #1405 on: January 13, 2013, 09:26:12 PM »
Why are there american rifles chambered for 5.45? Isn't that a russian caliber?

Some very interesting choices from both of you.  As for myself, I've always been partial to a three-inch wabbajacker scope that I use in conjunction with my jumbo gumbo on my Black Mambo Sambo.  It really helps my CCR when I GNR.  The dingos never even know what hits them - but I do.  It's a free-floating salad-tossing high-falutin' piece of ordnance I like to call "Big Mike."

I lol'd.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #1406 on: January 13, 2013, 10:52:16 PM »
Why are there american rifles chambered for 5.45? Isn't that a russian caliber?

I lol'd.

I too engaged in the Lolz.

« Reply #1407 on: January 13, 2013, 11:15:20 PM »
That was pretty good.

"my jumbo gumbo on my Black Mambo Sambo", I need to remember that one.

This is as good as Chris Elliott in his show 'Get a Life' saying, "oooh, a bolt action .45 m&m Grand Chapman with a fibo-getchatennatray vision sight!" when Gus handed him a pump 12ga with a scope.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #1408 on: January 13, 2013, 11:52:29 PM »
That was pretty good.

"my jumbo gumbo on my Black Mambo Sambo", I need to remember that one.

This is as good as Chris Elliott in his show 'Get a Life' saying, "oooh, a bolt action .45 m&m Grand Chapman with a fibo-getchatennatray vision sight!" when Gus handed him a pump 12ga with a scope.

No this was funny.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

« Reply #1409 on: January 14, 2013, 12:16:58 AM »

lol