Mile Markers, Odometers, and bears - Oh my!

• 41 Replies
Mile Markers, Odometers, and bears - Oh my!
« on: December 05, 2008, 01:50:30 PM »
I did a search first, but didn't find anything so I'll start a new post:

Highway mile markers - how do they always manage to match up with the odometer on my car regardless of how far north/south I am?

My car is a little old, so no chips or GPS to allow conspirators to manipulate my odometer... but no matter how far north, or south, or whether I am traveling north/south or east/west the numbers seem to always match up with RET data.

There should be significant distortion between the mile marker postings on the highway and what my odometer reads depending on how far north/south I am if the world is flat.

How does FET account for this?

ASK

Re: Mile Markers, Odometers, and bears - Oh my!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 02:14:03 PM »

Highway mile markers - how do they always manage to match up with the odometer on my car regardless of how far north/south I am?

My car is a little old, so no chips or GPS to allow conspirators to manipulate my odometer... but no matter how far north, or south, or whether I am traveling north/south or east/west the numbers seem to always match up with RET data.

There should be significant distortion between the mile marker postings on the highway and what my odometer reads depending on how far north/south I am if the world is flat.

They dont, and you probably wont get an answer. It seems all the fers have left. They either left to go explore the icewall and find the edge of the Earth or they realized that the Earth is round.
I really hope this website is a joke.

If not please dont tell your kids that the earth is flat.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 02:26:06 PM »
What is your car's specific make?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 02:30:39 PM »

The specific make probably wouldn't matter as much as the specific odometer and the exact size of the tires.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

ASK

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 02:43:44 PM »

He built it himself
I really hope this website is a joke.

If not please dont tell your kids that the earth is flat.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 03:10:14 PM »

FET has yet to create an accurate map.  In FE, there would be no discrepancies.

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 05:01:41 PM »

If there were no discrepancies in the distances between the FE and RE maps of the ground (I am ignoring the distances over water as we can't use an odometer), then you can show that the Earth must be Round as you could then use the maps to measure out the geodesics. But these geodesic mathematically specify that the Earth is Round.

So unless there is a distortion of the ground measurements, the Earth has to be round as dictated by mathematics (unless of course 1 + 1 does not equal 2).
Everyday household experimentation.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 05:13:52 PM »
Please tell us some of your exact routes so that further study may be made.

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 07:26:56 PM »

Salt Late UT to Denver CO is one lateral route.  Seattle WA to Missoula MT is another.  The distances should be stretched or compressed in one of those two routes if we use the flat earth model.

In both cases the odometer was more than able to stay in sync with the mile markers on the highway. 

I only thought of it as I was traveling recently, but regardless of my route, if the odometers and mile markers didn't match up around the country, people everywhere would be constantly trying to get their odometers fixed.  This would clearly expose a conspiracy to falsify maps. 

As for the "not having a FE map to invalidate" all the disk theories (especially when taking circumnavigation into account) include either the southern hemisphere being stretched laterally or the northern hemisphere being compressed laterally.  It is pretty well established that there is a FE claim that GPS is rigged and the RE distance data is fraudulent.  My point is this cannot be so, as odometers would have to change their measurements depending on the amount of lateral travel vs the latitude of the travel, and a car cannot infer this without GPS.  Without this sort of complex rigging, an odometer could never stay in sync with highway mile markers, across different latitudes. 

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 07:32:48 PM »
WHERE ARE THE BEARS?

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 01:54:05 AM »
WHERE ARE THE BEARS?

Well, they are on the roads in the more northern areas, causing you to swerve a lot, and adding mileage to the route thus compensating for and false RE map 'compression' of lateral distances near the center of the earth disk.  There are also tiny, invisible bears that like to travel in the same direction as you in the southern hemisphere, and push your tires along, giving the false impression you've covered less distance.  Bears are basically landfish.

That, or I got nothing.  Maybe subconsciously I just wanted to make a public service announcement about bear awareness. 

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 03:46:10 AM »
WHERE ARE THE BEARS?

Well, they are on the roads in the more northern areas, causing you to swerve a lot, and adding mileage to the route thus compensating for and false RE map 'compression' of lateral distances near the center of the earth disk.  There are also tiny, invisible bears that like to travel in the same direction as you in the southern hemisphere, and push your tires along, giving the false impression you've covered less distance.  Bears are basically landfish.

That, or I got nothing.  Maybe subconsciously I just wanted to make a public service announcement about bear awareness. 
Well we have Koalas here in Australia, and they commonly (but incorrectly get called "Bears". Is this proof of the great conspiracy...  ::) ;D
Everyday household experimentation.

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 06:43:28 AM »

It doesn't matter what the route is. FE theory will always fck up. The only situation where it can work (and coincidentally the only situation where distances match RE maps) is driving perfect north-south.

But even that falls down in FET, because as far as I can tell there is no conclusive definition of "south" on FE, other than "away from north".
"The Zetetic Astronomy has come into my hands ... if it be childish, it is clever; if it be mannish, it is unusually foolish."

A Budget of Paradoxes - A. de Morgan (pp 306-310)

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 07:31:14 AM »

It doesn't matter what the route is. FE theory will always fck up. The only situation where it can work (and coincidentally the only situation where distances match RE maps) is driving perfect north-south.

Hmm goldstein, I'm almost of the opinion that you have a serious case of Gulliver's Syndrome.  Your jokes are typical of GS as is the pathologically sober, unsmiling arguments you find pleasure in pursuing.  Just because I rather like you, I heartily recommend a drunken spree as a healthy cure. 

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 08:59:44 AM »

An FE map cannot be an accurate map. The only way to rebut this is to provide an accurate FE map, which I am 100% positive no one ever will.
Like the sun, the stars are also expanding and contracting their diameter as they spin around the hub every six months.

?

T.T. Monsieur

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 09:06:56 AM »
I am 100% positive no one ever will.
Nothing is certain. Regardless of whether the earth is flat or not, you are an idiot.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 10:09:07 AM »
Nothing is certain. Regardless of whether the earth is flat or not, you are an idiot.
I never said it was certain. I said that I'm 100% positive, as in, I'd take the bet.
Like the sun, the stars are also expanding and contracting their diameter as they spin around the hub every six months.

?

T.T. Monsieur

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 10:26:32 AM »
I never said it was certain. I said that I'm 100% positive, as in, I'd take the bet.
And I said that you are an idiot.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2008, 10:35:49 AM »
And I'd be a rich idiot if I took a nice bet on that map.

?

T.T. Monsieur

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2008, 10:36:53 AM »
You saying so does not prove the earth is a globe.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2008, 10:38:53 AM »
Since no one will ever provide an accurate FE map, I would win the bet.

?

T.T. Monsieur

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2008, 10:42:47 AM »
So RE'ers claim to be able to see into the future? Figures... ::)

Oh OK. In that case yes we need exact routes. Down to the inch. And photos and diaries of everyone you came into contact with. (Photos may be discredited as fake at a later date. Your milage may vary.)

(Pst how am I doing Mrs. Peach?)
Trollbait such as yourself is not worthy enough to address someone of her fine caliber and upbringing.

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2008, 10:53:20 AM »

So, how come the map you were using to compare with the distances you measured with your odometer is drawn on a plane?

Also, before you started driving, people built the road and used a small wheel to measure distances between the mile markers.
Your mother.

?

T.T. Monsieur

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2008, 10:57:41 AM »
Trollbait such as yourself is not worthy enough to address someone of her fine caliber and upbringing.

I see m'lady has an admirer.
I simply cannot allow defilement of her honour and good name at the hands of shameless yankees, sah.

?

T.T. Monsieur

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2008, 11:04:11 AM »

I see m'lady has an admirer.
I simply cannot allow defilement of her honour and good name at the hands of shameless yankees, sah.

Pst. *Waves from England.* Over here.
And how is a sasannach any better?

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2008, 11:08:10 AM »
So RE'ers claim to be able to see into the future? Figures... ::)

I don't need a reason. If I had the opportunity, I'd take the bet, and I'd win.

?

britishgent

• Eli, Eli Lama Sabachthani?
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2008, 11:16:06 AM »
A FE map
A flat earth map.
Most maps are flat.
You mean a map of a FE.
How much were you prepared to bet?
Global warming: Liberal hoax
The earth is not getting warmer after all; the effect is really just the prevalence of air conditioning. It just seems warmer when we go outside.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2008, 11:18:59 AM »
A FE map
A flat earth map.
Most maps are flat.
You mean a map of a FE.
How much were you prepared to bet?
Infinity. Of course, it would have to be a formal bet with terms, and I wouldn't fall into something that stupid. FE means 'flat Earth' as in the flat Earth, not just the words 'flat earth'.

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2008, 01:57:27 PM »

So, how come the map you were using to compare with the distances you measured with your odometer is drawn on a plane?

Also, before you started driving, people built the road and used a small wheel to measure distances between the mile markers.

1) Flat maps are a lot more "handy" to carry around, and the distortions are built into the map, which are exceptionally minor at small scales.  However the map doesn't even factor into this issue - we are only talking about mile markers and odometers.

2) Using the small wheel to measure the distances between the markers is part of Round Earth Theory.  According to Flat Earth Theory we live on a disk and RE distance measurements and maps are all faked by a conspiracy, including GPS to account for the northern hemisphere compression and southern hemisphere expansion.  They'd have to use a bigger wheel (for east/west roads) the farther south they got to keep the measurements in line with the fake maps and fake GPS data to fake the impression of a round Earth. 

The problem though, is even if they fake the mile markers, there is no explanation of how a car's odometer can match up to all these different, faked measures at different latitudes.

?

T.T. Monsieur

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2008, 02:15:35 PM »
I don't need a reason.
Classic RE mantra.