• 43 Replies
?

skeptic1984

I feel I must try
« on: December 04, 2008, 05:07:38 PM »
-----------THIS POST IS FOR THE FLAT EARTH BELIEVERS------------

That's incredible.

I N C R E D I B L E.

Flat Earth? You are trying to proof such an impossible, unrealistic thing... Take an airplane, flying around the earth. If it does fly straight ahead, why doesn't it  find the ICE MOUNTAIN EDGE that keeps the sea from falling out of your damned Flat Earth?!?!?! (I've already read the FAQ).

Are there teleporters on the edge? Come on...

That's really a WASTE of energy, a WASTE of life, what you all are doing. You all are wasting your lives. Do something else, please. ANYTHING! Anything would be better than this! Write a poem, a science fiction book if you need to invent amazing stories, but quit this CONSPIRACY THEORY please!

That's really IMPOSSIBLE. I've worked with GPS, deeply, and the signal you receive MUST come from satellites. Try studying it. Try to study some electronics, open a GPS receiver, plug it in an oscilloscope, WORK with it. Therefore, Earth must be a sphere.
Of course, maybe there is some kind of Harry Potter that keeps the whole things up MAGICALLY, there's no other explanation than this one.

Even watching a ship coming from the sea to the land, you'll see the top of it first, and then the rest, because the top will come up first, because the earth is a sphere.

I believe in God, and I'm sure He would not like this... you're wasting your time studying silly things, listening at lies of dishonest people, whose only goal is making money easily, writing books and stating impossible claims.

I'll write only this thread, and no more. Please, stop believing such a silly things. Even from an airplane, if you've ever been on one of it, you could see that the surface of our planet is not flat.

WAKE UP. Life is good.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
Re: I feel I must try
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 05:16:06 PM »
If it does fly straight ahead, why doesn't it  find the ICE MOUNTAIN EDGE that keeps the sea from falling out of your damned Flat Earth?!?!?! (I've already read the FAQ).
Planes do not fly straight head.

That's really IMPOSSIBLE. I've worked with GPS, deeply, and the signal you receive MUST come from satellites. Try studying it. Try to study some electronics, open a GPS receiver, plug it in an oscilloscope, WORK with it. Therefore, Earth must be a sphere.
Of course, maybe there is some kind of Harry Potter that keeps the whole things up MAGICALLY, there's no other explanation than this one.
Do you have data to back this up?

Even watching a ship coming from the sea to the land, you'll see the top of it first, and then the rest, because the top will come up first, because the earth is a sphere.
It's a perspective effect.

I believe in God, and I'm sure He would not like this... you're wasting your time studying silly things, listening at lies of dishonest people, whose only goal is making money easily, writing books and stating impossible claims.
Not everyone here believes in God.

I'll write only this thread, and no more. Please, stop believing such a silly things. Even from an airplane, if you've ever been on one of it, you could see that the surface of our planet is not flat.
Wrong.
Like the sun, the stars are also expanding and contracting their diameter as they spin around the hub every six months.

?

skeptic1984

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 05:22:15 PM »
>>Even from an airplane, if you've ever been on one of it, you could see that the surface of our planet is not flat.

>>Wrong.

See? That's so easy... just say "wrong" when you have nothing else to say and you'll be always right. That's not wrong, I've seen it, with my eyes.

And there is no perspective effect that makes you see the top of the things that are coming to you... man, you are lost. WAKE UP!

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 06:06:32 PM »
>>Even from an airplane, if you've ever been on one of it, you could see that the surface of our planet is not flat.

>>Wrong.

See? That's so easy... just say "wrong" when you have nothing else to say and you'll be always right. That's not wrong, I've seen it, with my eyes.

And there is no perspective effect that makes you see the top of the things that are coming to you... man, you are lost. WAKE UP!
Flat:

There is a perspective effect, it's called bendy light. It is caused by dark energy, and creates illusions suggesting that the earth is round, which we know (from Samuel Rowbotham's 'The Earth is Not a Globe') is simply not true.
Like the sun, the stars are also expanding and contracting their diameter as they spin around the hub every six months.

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 06:55:48 PM »

>>Wrong.

Flat:

There is a perspective effect, it's called bendy light. It is caused by dark energy, and creates illusions suggesting that the earth is round, which we know (from Samuel Rowbotham's 'The Earth is Not a Globe') is simply not true.
Do you go around contradicting yourself, or are you extremely sarcastic?

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 07:09:34 PM »

>>Wrong.

Flat:

Do you go around contradicting yourself, or are you extremely sarcastic?
I go around contradicting myself.

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 03:29:00 AM »
...I am as sure that this one precise ninja-like post will blow all the FEers away and force them to convert to RE, as I am sure your points are entirely new and have not been discussed beyond death in a thousand other threads. 

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 06:06:12 AM »
I've worked with GPS, deeply, and the signal you receive MUST come from satellites.
Firstly pull your gps out of your arse please, it's not designed for that, secondly gps can be triangulated via ground points.

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 06:36:04 AM »
Firstly pull your gps out of your arse please, it's not designed for that, secondly gps can be triangulated via ground points.

Whilst GPS devices could receive a signal from a ground based transmitter, it wouldn't be much use as the signal would consist of, along with the time and a health message, a bunch of orbital characteristics.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 01:37:28 PM »
...I am as sure that this one precise ninja-like post will blow all the FEers away and force them to convert to RE, as I am sure your points are entirely new and have not been discussed beyond death in a thousand other threads. 

Fixed because this guy isn't the sort who'd understand the post without it.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 05:32:05 AM »
I believe the observable curvature of the Earth begins at something like 60,000 feet? much higher than ordinary plane flights

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 03:30:08 PM »
I believe the observable curvature of the Earth begins at something like 60,000 feet? much higher than ordinary plane flights
If you've ridden the Concorde, or know someone in the Air Force, it's plainly visible.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 03:39:24 PM »
Knowing someone in the Air Force makes the curvature visible?  How does that work?

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 04:02:51 PM »
Knowing someone in the Air Force makes the curvature visible?  How does that work?
Give them a camera. If it's a film camera, mark the film in a way so that you can identify if it was removed or edited.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 07:29:57 PM »
If you're speaking of the US Air Force, the only high altitude plane publicly acknowledged to be currently in service is the U2.  I can see it all now, the pilot climbing into the cockpit wearing a full pressure suit and with barely enough room to move his elbow an inch, whips out his trusty Canon and snaps personal photos.  Happens every day.

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 06:06:29 AM »
If you're speaking of the US Air Force, the only high altitude plane publicly acknowledged to be currently in service is the U2.  I can see it all now, the pilot climbing into the cockpit wearing a full pressure suit and with barely enough room to move his elbow an inch, whips out his trusty Canon and snaps personal photos.  Happens every day.
Aircraft wear, fuel consumption and excess paper work not to meantion potential risk of the pilot's life. Certainly a small price for a Kodak moment.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 03:19:01 PM »
You don't have to be at maximum altitude. You have a much wider view from the window of a fighter plane, or the view-pod of a refueling craft, and curvature is plainly visible.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 03:39:54 PM »
Curvature is not visible from below 50,000 feet.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 04:01:40 PM »
Nor above 50,000 feet if FE is correct.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 04:45:45 PM »
Curvature is always visible, it is just far too small to detect from lower altitudes given the size of the earth. I had this formula to solve in radians of the amount of curvature you would see, and it demonstrated the theory pretty well.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 06:17:44 PM »
Curvature is always visible, it is just far too small to detect from lower altitudes given the size of the earth. I had this formula to solve in radians of the amount of curvature you would see, and it demonstrated the theory pretty well.

Yeah, I always have trouble seeing things too small to detect.  I'm funny that way.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 06:21:10 PM by Mrs. Peach »

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 06:20:55 PM »

undetectable = invisible.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 06:33:51 PM »
This:
Curvature is always visible,
directly contradicts this:
it is just far too small to detect from lower altitudes given the size of the earth.

If it can't be detected how could you possibly consider it "visible"?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 06:50:52 PM »
Curvature is always visible, it is just far too small to detect

Fantastic stuff. I wish Narc were still here; we could nominate this for his RE Science thread.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 07:25:32 PM »
I shouldn't have used 'detect'. It's measurable, but you wouldn't notice it with the naked eye.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 07:26:48 PM »
I shouldn't have used 'detect'. It's measurable, but you wouldn't notice it with the naked eye.

The fact is, it isn't. There is no constant curvature, the earth curves up and down, the average of the curves across a great distance, tends to be approximately the earth curvature.

In summation, the earth is hilly.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2008, 07:37:45 PM »

The fact is, it isn't. There is no constant curvature, the earth curves up and down, the average of the curves across a great distance, tends to be approximately the earth curvature.

I'm talking about on the ocean.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2008, 07:38:23 PM »
Motivational poster please:

I'm thinking something along the lines of

"THE EARTH

It's bumpy"
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2008, 07:42:43 PM »

The ocean is not flat, have you never seen a wave? Or tides?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2008, 07:56:41 PM »

The ocean is not flat, have you never seen a wave? Or tides?

Exactly.  Even if the earth were round, the existing curvature would never be measurable at ground level, over any surface large enough to even try to measure it.