Two More Questions About FET

• 25 Replies

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
Two More Questions About FET
« on: December 03, 2008, 10:29:27 PM »
1) What causes phases on other planets if the sun is a spotlight?
2) If our sun is so close, does this mean that the other planets are even closer (and apparently MUCH smaller)?: http://freenet-homepage.de/sjkastronomy/venustransit.html
If Tom Bishop remains a no-show, that will be a total of 7 undisputed RE victories, courtesy of me :D

I also have the two other unanswered threads if any FE'er wants redemption:
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=25219.0
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=25098.0
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 10:52:23 PM by Perfect Circle »
Like the sun, the stars are also expanding and contracting their diameter as they spin around the hub every six months.

?

Oom19

• BLARG
Re: Two More Questions About FET
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 03:08:34 PM »
They wont show for unanswerable questions.
Listening to the FE'ers try to disprove this is like watching a train derailment in slow motion...

(I have no theory, my life is now dedicated to the destruction of the FET)

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 03:10:11 PM »
That settles that then. The earth is not flat, and the remaining, undiscredited, sufficiently supported theory is RET.
Like the sun, the stars are also expanding and contracting their diameter as they spin around the hub every six months.

The One True Rat

• Cannot Understand Sarcasm
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 03:35:45 PM »
That settles that then. The earth is not flat, and the remaining, undiscredited, sufficiently supported theory is RET.
it has always been that way, but the spirit of the site was never to prove either one.

?

trueRE

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 04:03:16 PM »
The FE model cannot account for these phases why?

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 04:22:30 PM »

The Shadow Object.

2) If our sun is so close, does this mean that the other planets are even closer (and apparently MUCH smaller)?: http://freenet-homepage.de/sjkastronomy/venustransit.html

Sure does.  You're smart.

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 04:48:55 AM »

The Shadow Object.
Earth Shine.

The Surface of the Earth has an Albedo, that is it reflects some of the light that falls on it. The 3,100 miles (as stated by the FAQ) is close enough for that light to reach it and reflect back to Earth for use to see. Even in RET, the intensity of light that reaches the surface of the Earth (which we can agree on as it can be directly observed) is enough to reach the RE Moon and reflect back for us to see. As the RE moon is some 400,000 km away, then there is clearly enough light to reflect some 3,100 miles to the FE planets (as the planets can obscure the Stars, but can be obscured by the sun and the moon, they must be further away than the sun or moon and closer than the stars).

So, as the light reflected form the surface of the Earth is easily strong enough to illuminate any shadow object, how come we can not see the Earth shine form them?
Everyday household experimentation.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 08:46:19 AM »

The Shadow Object.
How many?

Other planets would collide with the earth then. Plus, orbits would have to be vertical, which means that observations of planetary orbits from different parts of the FE would be very inconsistent.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 11:04:42 AM »
Still unexplained on a flat earth (especially since Tom Bishop just switched his model to an even more retarded one):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analemma
http://www.vwlowen.co.uk/java/horizon.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E%C3%B6tv%C3%B6s_effect

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 03:00:50 PM »

The Shadow Object.
How many?

I guess the clue is in the use of the definite article.
So one object occludes multiple objects simultaneously in odd shapes, without being visible or occluding the rest of the heavens? And lunar eclipses just happen to occur ONLY on the schedule-predicted new moon?

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 03:06:48 PM »
We need a Tom Bishop stimulus package--immediate action. If Tom doesn't post something other than "provide proof, then we'll continue this thread" in 24 hours, something should happen.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 07:09:28 PM »

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 11:55:57 AM »

The Shadow Object.
How many?

Other planets would collide with the earth then.

No they wouldn't.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 09:30:13 PM »

The Shadow Object.
How many?

Other planets would collide with the earth then.

No they wouldn't.
So the planets must be REALLY tiny then, to orbit vertically and have transits (not to mention that their orbits would be very inconsistent from different points on the flat earth).

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 09:35:56 PM »
Well, obviously they're very small, but what do you mean "orbit vertically"?

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 09:47:40 PM »
Well, obviously they're very small, but what do you mean "orbit vertically"?
For Mercury and Venus to pass both in front of and behind the sun, they would have to have vertical orbits (which would not appear consistent from different locations on the earth). The other planets appear to pass behind the sun and behind the earth, which doesn't fit FET either.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 09:57:19 PM »
I don't know, I'm still having trouble envisioning what you're saying.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2008, 11:01:30 PM »
Sorry for the quickly (and poorly) done diagrams. Not to scale obviously.

In a round earth, this is how we perceive the orbit and transit of other planets:

In a flat earth we run into problems:

The orbits could not be horizontal, or planets would not be able to both occlude and be occluded by the sun. Also, as you moved around the surface of the flat earth, the vertical orbits would appear to rotate around the vertical axis relative to your position, which is a major inconsistency.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 03:29:24 AM »
Unless the transit occurred at exactly 12 noon, the observer would be looking at the sun from its side.

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 03:43:40 AM »

The Shadow Object.
How many?
::)

I'm pretty sure not everyone believes that the phases of the planets are caused by the shadow object(s).

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 10:58:02 AM »
I believe the Shadow Object is responsible for lunar eclipses, and that's it.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 12:58:24 PM »
Unless the transit occurred at exactly 12 noon, the observer would be looking at the sun from its side.
Your point?

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2008, 11:10:18 PM »
I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused.

Are you telling me that there are objects in the heavens that, if we follow their path, occlude the sun when we would expect their path to be in front of the sun, and disappear behind the sun as their observed paths pass behind the sun, and this somehow disproves the FE model?

I have trouble envisioning your description (although that may just be mental frailty on my part), but could you perhaps explain exactly how we know what the paths of these celestial bodies are, and why the only explanation for these apparent eclipses are the positions of said heavenly bodies?

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2008, 11:31:39 PM »
I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused.

Are you telling me that there are objects in the heavens that, if we follow their path, occlude the sun when we would expect their path to be in front of the sun, and disappear behind the sun as their observed paths pass behind the sun, and this somehow disproves the FE model?

I have trouble envisioning your description (although that may just be mental frailty on my part), but could you perhaps explain exactly how we know what the paths of these celestial bodies are, and why the only explanation for these apparent eclipses are the positions of said heavenly bodies?
I'm saying that planets, which according to FE theory are only going in circles above the earth, appear to pass behind the sun, and, Mercury and Venus also appear to pass in front of the sun, while the other planets appear to pass behind the earth. I can't see this happening in FE without the planets entering our atmosphere and being really tiny. Also, viewing planets from different parts of the globe brings up two inconsistencies: planets that pass behind the earth could not possibly be visible from anywhere on a flat earth (while they are visible on a round earth) and the orbits of planets would appear to rotate as you traveled east and west, something which does not happen in reality (and on a round earth).

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »
...while the other planets appear to pass behind the earth.

Can you give an example of this?  I honestly don't understand what you mean.  When the planets are all above us (from our POV in either FE or RE) how can a planet appear to pass behind us?  ???

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 11:01:27 PM »
...while the other planets appear to pass behind the earth.

Can you give an example of this?  I honestly don't understand what you mean.  When the planets are all above us (from our POV in either FE or RE) how can a planet appear to pass behind us?  ???
The same way the sun appears to set. However, this doesn't solve the rotating orbit problem.