Question regarding FAQ

• 52 Replies
Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2006, 01:56:02 PM »
oo engineer, how very crude :P

ok, luke i can explain the last one, about sunrises, sunsets etc. with my post.. if only people would read all of them :P

the atom is neither sphericle, flat, or triangular.. it is in fact made up of mostly... empty space..
now.. what if, the govornment could manipulate these atoms into certain bonds, such as the "o-zone" layer, if all of these atoms, instead of carrying empty space, were in fact filled with the govornment-made holo-genetic, synthetic material, whats to say all that we see at night, is in fact a hologram?

this is in-fact and easy way for the govornment to control what we see
y intellect matches that of einstein, my philosophical mind outcrafts socrates, and yet, pringles is such a satisfying name

Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2006, 02:37:58 PM »
Quote from: "pringles"
oo engineer, how very crude :P

ok, luke i can explain the last one, about sunrises, sunsets etc. with my post.. if only people would read all of them :P

the atom is neither sphericle, flat, or triangular.. it is in fact made up of mostly... empty space..
now.. what if, the govornment could manipulate these atoms into certain bonds, such as the "o-zone" layer, if all of these atoms, instead of carrying empty space, were in fact filled with the govornment-made holo-genetic, synthetic material, whats to say all that we see at night, is in fact a hologram?

this is in-fact and easy way for the govornment to control what we see

Atoms?  I've never seen one.  They don't exist.  It's a lie by the global conspiracy.  Someone show me an atom.  I've looked all through my office, I don't see any.  They're supposed to be everywhere.

Pringles, seriously, stop buying into the conspiracy.  "Atoms".  What a ridiculous concept.

Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2006, 06:16:58 PM »
Stonicus, without atoms all chemistry does not work, which i have seen, and is perfectly explained.  Basing belief only off of what you see is ignorance to the highest degree, as how could i know you even exist if i do not see you....

and pringles, I posted this on the other thread too, but why not here also

Atoms are in fact spherical, as described by quantum molecular theory, but are mostly empy space, as you described.  The electrons use orbital shells, and moving at the speed of light sort of blink around
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2006, 06:20:12 PM »
I don't get it, how can an atom be spherical? I thought a sphere was a solid shape; an atom is a central mass surrounded by orbiting particles.

Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2006, 06:47:06 PM »
its a hard concept to grasp... but ill attempt  to make a concrete example, imagine you have a cieling fan with 5 settings

1.off, no energy, nothing is happening

2.low, there is some energy, but you can still see through the fan

3.medium, there is a lot of energy, you actually have to concentrate to be able to see that it is not a solid circle as opposed to the orbiting blades

4.high, even more energy, there is no real way to telll through observation that it is not one circle

5.speed of light, according to e=mc^2, the massive amount of energy is basically the exact same as mass

once again, it is not a simple concept, i cannot even say that i fully understand it, as quantum physics is not fun

Advocatus Diaboli

Desu

• yaranaika.
Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2006, 06:49:33 PM »
Quote from: "CrimsonKing"
its a hard concept to grasp... but ill attempt  to make a concrete example, imagine you have a cieling fan with 5 settings

1.off, no energy, nothing is happening

2.low, there is some energy, but you can still see through the fan

3.medium, there is a lot of energy, you actually have to concentrate to be able to see that it is not a solid circle as opposed to the orbiting blades

4.high, even more energy, there is no real way to telll through observation that it is not one circle

5.speed of light, according to e=mc^2, the massive amount of energy is basically the exact same as mass

once again, it is not a simple concept, i cannot even say that i fully understand it, as quantum physics is not fun

I disagree, I find quatum physics very interesting.
Quote from: sam712
It must suck living in Richmond.
Since June 2006.

Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2006, 06:50:46 PM »
interesting yes, and even though i think it is not fun, i would definatly like to learn more about it... but i think fun is something that should make you unwind and relax, something i dont think quantum physics will ever be able to do for me

Advocatus Diaboli

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2006, 07:27:26 PM »
Electrons don't orbit at the speed of light.  They have mass-therefrore they can't move at the speed of light.  Very few electron shells are 'spherical'.  The Heisenberg Uncertanty Principle means we can only have a probable idea of where the electrons are at any moment.  It is therefore not realistic to say they are spherical.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2006, 07:39:45 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"
Electrons don't orbit at the speed of light.  They have mass-therefrore they can't move at the speed of light.  Very few electron shells are 'spherical'.  The Heisenberg Uncertanty Principle means we can only have a probable idea of where the electrons are at any moment.  It is therefore not realistic to say they are spherical.

Exactly. You cannot know where an electron is at any given time, but it still occupies only one point in space, and a series of points a sphere does not make.

Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2006, 11:33:12 PM »
once again, it is moving fast enough to the point where it doesnt matter, the uncertainty principal is part of the basis of that, as you can never pinpoint where it is, as it is moving fast enough to be basically everywhere at once

Advocatus Diaboli

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2006, 11:34:15 PM »
once again, it is moving fast enough to the point where it doesnt matter, the uncertainty principal is part of the basis of that, as you can never pinpoint where it is, as it is moving fast enough to be basically everywhere at once

Uh, no.

-- Bob Hudson

Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2006, 11:48:35 PM »
Engineer thats why there are shells, the uncertainty principal states you cannot have all the quantum numbers at once iirc, which means you do not know how it will move, and an electron is the closest thing to pure energy you can isolate, look at electricity.  Anywho, with the uncertanty principal, you can determine the shell, and the possiblity of where the electron could be, and the shell is a sphere

Advocatus Diaboli

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2006, 12:11:08 AM »
and an electron is the closest thing to pure energy you can isolate, look at electricity.

One again, no.  An electron is no where near pure energy, it has mass.  Electricity is just the movement of electrons.
thats why there are shells, the uncertainty principal states you cannot have all the quantum numbers at once

That is not what the uncertanty principle states.  I can know the principle number, the shell, the energy state, and spin for any atom I want.  I just can't know exactly where it is at any point in time.
the shell is a sphere

Seeing as how the electron density of an atom generally is not in the shape of a sphere, you can't call them spheres.

-- Bob Hudson

Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2006, 12:16:56 AM »
first of all, we really need some reference to this, this is going to turn into a "yes it is/ no it isnt" discussion'

and im perfectly willing to admit, i was wrong on the uncertainty, i could have sworn that location was part of the principal quantum numbers

as per electron being pure energy, id say its as close as we can come, as far as contained things go, but again i could be wrong

but why does an electron microscope (in all the pictures ive seen) show the atom as a sphere, which would just be the electron cloud?

Advocatus Diaboli

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2006, 12:35:52 AM »
as per electron being pure energy, id say its as close as we can come, as far as contained things go, but again i could be wrong

Light is the closest we can come to pure energy, because it's just that.  
and im perfectly willing to admit, i was wrong on the uncertainty, i could have sworn that location was part of the principal quantum numbers  

The best you can do is have a probability of the location.

-- Bob Hudson

Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2006, 09:30:42 AM »
last time i checked we cant contain light

Advocatus Diaboli

Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2006, 09:42:05 AM »
How can you possibly believe in atoms?  The same scientists advocating atoms are the same ones who say the Earth is round.  So, any FE'r that believes in atoms should also believe the Earth is round, otherwise, it should be assumed that the scientist, obviously in the conspiracy of a RE, is also fabricating the science he teaches to help form the illusion that everything fits with a RE theory.  Therefore, a FE'r can't believe in atoms.

Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2006, 09:50:24 AM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
Quote from: "Luke_smith64"
so you use evidence from one fe model to prove another,

I'm not sure that this is what we're doing.  Rather, it seems to me that we're trying to find those components that are necessary for an FE theory and bring them together.

Then stop playing around with facts and arguments, since you're basing all of those in pure belief.
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=2955.0

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2006, 12:17:01 PM »
last time i checked we cant contain light

Due to the nuances of quantum mechanics, you also can't completely contain an electron.
Why the restriction of containment?

-- Bob Hudson

Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2006, 12:44:24 PM »
only through containment can you truly understand something, this is the reason we are trying to make contained and controled fusion reactions, to understand the nuances involved

Advocatus Diaboli

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2006, 12:49:23 PM »
only through containment can you truly understand something

This goes back to the Uncertanty Priciple.  You can't contain an electron, therefore, you can't know exactly where it is at any given time.

-- Bob Hudson

Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2006, 01:03:14 PM »
you cannot contain an eletron in an atom, but through electrical flow, i consider it containment

Advocatus Diaboli

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Question regarding FAQ
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2006, 01:11:50 PM »
you cannot contain an eletron in an atom, but through electrical flow, i consider it containment

By this reasoning, I consider a fiber optic cable or a laser a containment of light.

-- Bob Hudson