How come...

• 33 Replies

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
How come...
« on: November 26, 2008, 03:30:19 PM »
...I got banned for questioning the accuracy of Rowbotham? ??? The thread was also deleted. If I am not allowed to ask questions like that, I could have at least been warned. Here is the question, since I will probably get banned again anyway:

"I decided to humor myself by taking a look at ENAG, and some things immediately popped out at me. Rowbotham says the round Earth is 25,000 English statute miles in circumference, which I assume (looking at his chart) is what he based his calculations on. The mean circumference of the round Earth is actually closer to 24880.62 English statute miles (significantly)--that's over 100 English statute miles off. Being that his circumference is only two significant digits, his results would have an error margin of +-10000000 feet. Even if he knew the correct 24880.62 English statute miles figure (which I highly doubt, since this was the 19th century), he would have an error margin of +-100 feet. All this assumes that circumference of the round Earth is consistent at all angles and degrees of longitude and latitude, which is not true according to RET. So how did Rowbotham calculate his experimental round Earth numbers to the nearest inch? Even if the results he got were accurate (his experiments have actually been tried and disproved several times by several different people), this would not be enough evidence to throw out the RET with that margin of error. What does the real Tom Bishop have to say about this?"
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 04:50:32 PM by PerfectCircle »
Like the sun, the stars are also expanding and contracting their diameter as they spin around the hub every six months.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
Re: How come...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 08:26:19 PM »
Also, if all NASA photos are fake, what about all these amateur photos by people who rode the concorde?:
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1097/viewfrom580002ne2.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/50/113199567_433e6c4e92.jpg?v=0
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2242/2146597337_c265cc13a5_o.jpg

This one is from a fighter jet:
http://images.forbes.com/images/2003/04/22/feat2_415x272.jpg

I just want to know if I should rule out pictures once and for all, even ones that seem valid.
Like the sun, the stars are also expanding and contracting their diameter as they spin around the hub every six months.

its_amazing

• ?If the world were a pretzel, would it be salty?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 09:18:55 PM »
I just want to know if I should rule out pictures once and for all, even ones that seem valid.

Any photo proving RE will be considered ps'd...Not even worth your time and effort IMO.
Having a little bit of gravity is like being a little bit pregnant.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 09:28:24 PM »

Any photo proving RE will be considered ps'd...Not even worth your time and effort IMO.
I expected that. Will anyone address my first question? Preferably Tom Bishop?

?

dim

• More overpowered than Aristotel.
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »
And all of those pictures are obvious photoshop, especially 3rd and 4th. (haven't glanced 1st and 2nd :) )

?

dim

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 01:15:49 PM »
2nd picture is complete lol. With brick-form clouds in the bottom of the picture. And some words in the center-left part of the picture... I am even afraid now if press would say it is real pictures.... ?

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 02:55:59 PM »
And all of those pictures are obvious photoshop, especially 3rd and 4th. (haven't glanced 1st and 2nd :) )
The 4th picture was taken from a camera phone and found on a blog, I doubt it's photoshopped. Unless all the hundreds of people who have ridden the Concorde (including my uncle) are government plants.
2nd picture is complete lol. With brick-form clouds in the bottom of the picture. And some words in the center-left part of the picture... I am even afraid now if press would say it is real pictures.... ?
Obviously, you don't know anything about earth science and aren't qualified to comment on the shape of clouds. You are as your username suggests.

?

dim

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 03:41:30 AM »
Obviosly, brick-shaped clouds are often happen in the nature and obviously those symbols in the middle of the picture telling us it hasn't been photoshooped. lal.

And 4th picture looks like a snapshot from the computer game and btw not from the recent ones(and the date/time is just the coolest proof it is not photoshop).

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 10:45:50 AM »
Obviosly, brick-shaped clouds are often happen in the nature and obviously those symbols in the middle of the picture telling us it hasn't been photoshooped. lal.
It's a perspective effect.

And 4th picture looks like a snapshot from the computer game and btw not from the recent ones(and the date/time is just the coolest proof it is not photoshop).
You're a retard. Do you know someone who's a fighter pilot? I do. Did the government pay off hundreds of normal people to claim they've ridden the Concorde, and have some take pictures?

?

dim

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 10:56:23 AM »
Perfect circle: you and your words are failing this thread.

I can go with, do you privately know the person who took that 4th pic?!

But I just turning your attention to the fact, that this picture looks unnatural. And what phtographer kept in mind why to made such a picture? Does pilots ussualy take onboard amateur-quality cameras? He was trying to made a present to his wife maybe, and give her a picture of the Earth?

Bullshit. Ok lets stop discussing pictures. Cuz I am lauging so much when a chain of bricked-shaped clouds going over my place every time i see it :>

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 11:06:05 AM »
Perfect circle: you and your words are failing this thread.
www.tolearnenglish.com/

I can go with, do you privately know the person who took that 4th pic?!
No, but I 'privately' know 3 people in the Air Force.

But I just turning your attention to the fact, that this picture looks unnatural.
What is unnatural about it?

And what phtographer kept in mind why to made such a picture? Does pilots ussualy take onboard amateur-quality cameras? He was trying to made a present to his wife maybe, and give her a picture of the Earth?
They're not that uncommon.

Bullshit. Ok lets stop discussing pictures. Cuz I am lauging so much when a chain of bricked-shaped clouds going over my place every time i see it :>
They don't look like bricks at all, they look flat from the top, and aren't even perfect rectangles. Different types of clouds form in plenty of patterned shapes. Learn your cloud types.

?

dim

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 11:09:48 AM »
Yes, my english is failing me.

Privates and colonels in the Air Force are legendary, so!

But sorry, in this picture they have an edge that is straight line, and the space between them are parrallel, there are 4 or 5 parrallel lines visible.

Let's stop about pictures :) Or I will start learning my cloud types:) I know two types cirrus and cumulus, never heard about brick-shaped! :)

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 11:37:37 AM »
Yes, my english is failing me.

Privates and colonels in the Air Force are legendary, so!

But sorry, in this picture they have an edge that is straight line, and the space between them are parrallel, there are 4 or 5 parrallel lines visible.

Let's stop about pictures :) Or I will start learning my cloud types:) I know two types cirrus and cumulus, never heard about brick-shaped! :)
Learn about stratus, cumulus humilis, cumulus mediocris, stratocumulus, arcus, altostratus, altostratus undulatus, altocumulus, altocumulus undulatus, altocumulus castellanus, altocumulus lenticularis, nimbostratus, cirrus, cirrus uncinus, cirrostratus, cirrocumulus, pileus, contrail, nacreous, noctilucent, and the rest. You'll find that these clouds can have interesting shapes.

?

dim

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 12:03:02 PM »
OMG. Just a waste! Learn about your life can have omniscient knowledge inside you, that will tell you that Earth Is Not a Globe! :)

P.S. Still no brickshaped.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 12:16:12 PM »
P.S. Still no brickshaped.
They're not 'brickshaped', they're flat sheets with other clouds beneath them, broken into sections over a large area.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 02:34:48 PM by Perfect Circle »

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 02:24:16 PM »
Sokarul?
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 02:27:04 PM »

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 02:30:07 PM »
Ah crap, Sokarul's back.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 02:33:04 PM »
Ah crap, Sokarul's back.
Not really. I couldn't understand half of Sokarul's posts.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 02:34:57 PM »
Aha! You are Sokarul!

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2008, 02:35:34 PM »
Aha! You are Sokarul!
I guess I could be. But I'm not.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2008, 02:36:17 PM »
You are and you know it.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2008, 02:56:54 PM »
You are and you know it.
No; sorry to disappoint you. You've derailed my topic though.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2008, 03:10:47 PM »
It was a very Sokarul topic, anyway.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 12:09:55 AM by Perfect Circle »

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2008, 04:23:10 PM »

You really are dim

The "words" are a reflection of the camera name and above it to the right you will see the reflection of the lens.

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2008, 04:42:27 PM »
I used a hex editor to find evidence of a 'conspiracy' hidden in these files. Here's what I found:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3189237 :
-Equipment Make: Canon
-Camera Model: Canon PowerShot S70
-Color Representation: sRGB
-Shutter Speed: 1/251 sec.
-Lens Aperture: F/5.6
-Flash Mode: N/A
-Focal Length: 6 mm
-Exposure Time: 1/250 sec.
-Metering Mode: Pattern
-Exposure Compensation: 0 step
-Date Picture Taken: 12/29/2005 11:02 AM

(copy-paste address) http://lh5.ggpht.com/_xNG6OpukfNM/RmYorw2zmiI/AAAAAAAABv8/Je6xCM8r110/Straddie+Adventure+311.jpg :
-Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SD630
-Color Representation: Uncalibrated
-Shutter Speed: 1/1244 sec.
-Lens Aperture: F/2.8
-Exposure Time: 1/1250 sec.
-Date Picture Taken: 6/3/2007 8:44 PM

(copy-paste address) http://lh3.ggpht.com/_OX9rvdDKdks/RsVEjkknyyI/AAAAAAAAA4Y/KbHdVOj_MJs/IMG_1945.JPG :
-Camera Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
-Shutter Speed: 1/250 sec.
-Lens Aperture: F/10
-Focal Length: 21 mm
-Exposure Time: 1/250 sec.
-ISO Speed: ISO-400
-Exposure Program: Unknown
-Date Picture Taken: 8/9/2007 7:49 PM

(copy-paste address) http://lh6.ggpht.com/_BdQessh4RZk/Ry2y7sE6alI/AAAAAAAAAiI/QUbA4lh4T78/P1000563.JPG :
-Equipment Make: N/A
-Camera Model: N/A
-Lens Aperture: F/8
-Focal Length: 5 mm
-Exposure Time: 1/125 sec.
-ISO Speed: ISO-100
-Exposure Program: Normal
-Date Picture Taken: 7/22/2007 8:56 AM

http://www.matthewclement.com/gallery/Concorde_01.jpg :
-Equipment Make: OLYMPUS OPTICAL CO.,LTD
-Camera Model: C2100UZ
-Lens Aperture: F/8
-Flash Mode: No flash
-Focal Length: 12 mm
-Exposure Time: 1/500 sec.
-Exposure Program: Aperture Priority
-Exposure Compensation: +0.3 step
-Date Picture Taken: 6/28/2002 1:22 PM

(copy-paste address) http://lh4.ggpht.com/_K2NQhkqWYkA/RyZTdRTkO7I/AAAAAAAAAdA/HcInH74O5mU/Sunrise+behind+Twin+Sisters+1.jpg :
-Equipment Make: NIKON
-Camera Model: E4500
-Lens Aperture: F/2.6
-Exposure Time: 1 sec.
-ISO Speed: ISO-400
-Date Picture Taken: N/A (Date not set on camera)

(copy-paste address) http://lh4.ggpht.com/__9WKAh9yusI/SAVduVh5r3I/AAAAAAAAG0M/2XGsxAHPdmU/P1030614.JPG :
-Equipment Make: Panasonic
-Camera Model: DMC-FZ7
-Lens Aperture: F/5.6
-Exposure Time: 1/400 sec.
-Date Picture Taken: 4/14/2008 3:32 AM

The others contained no camera information, because they were clearly cropped or resized and saved in a different format. Nothing suspicious really.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 12:09:36 AM by Perfect Circle »

Perfect Circle

• You are a pirate!
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2008, 05:04:07 PM »
^There's some info for dim's 'photoshop' theory. There would have been information showing that the photos have been passed through a photo-editing program in the hex data, and this was only seen on cropped or resized images, with no other pixel modifications found.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 05:05:45 PM by Perfect Circle »

?

dim

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 01:48:53 AM »
Ok, then. You yourself gave me another weapon in my hand.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3189237 - the one out of the pictures you were examining. The note to the picture says "Note the curvature of the earth", and the picture itself got from the level 100 or 200 meters above the see level. Few posts ago you were proving that even from 10.000 m you wouldn't be able to see the curvature. How come in this picture(without photoshop headers) there is a curvature?

:)

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 01:51:21 AM »
It's fake. Look at the sea, the whole thing is skewed.