A question aimed at pro-lifers

• 243 Replies
?

Dark Knight

• There are no athiests in Foxholes
Re: A question aimed at pro-lifers
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2008, 08:39:44 AM »
ok then that is your belief.

Sure, which are backed by factual definitions. To deny my beliefs is to deny those factual definitions.

As are my Beliefs.  And as I stated, I am ok with that.

nope its seems it is your opinion that that is what a pro-life person thinks.

It's not my opinion, that's how logic works. Either you don't think all potential life is sacred, or you do. This isn't a buffet. Picking and choosing conditions is illogical and you're just wasting everyone's time here.

Then you are just being fickle.  You can honestly say that Pro-lifers are supposted to be fighting for the life of Sperm and eggs.  Now who is wasting everyone's time here.

Again another change in terminology to discribe your change in terminology.  Another full circle.

I haven't changed anything...perhaps reading would help you.

Just read it again,  and getting dizzy.

Ok find me a human that has only 23 chromosomes, or a human cell that begins to divide with only 23 chromosomes

Find me a human that wasn't attached to someone else in its first week.

Well I have trouble with your definitions so I guess I better as, first week after conception?  or First week after Birth?  

Calling it the most accurate word to describe this "someone" is again, based on your opinion instead of fact.  

Nope, factual definitions are used.

Again opinions

I'm gonna be with Wendy on this one. No one can be this stupid, you must be a troll. I probably will not reply further.

Thank you.  Once the name calling begins you know its a win.  Feel free to reply or not reply, whatever, your answers were fickle and based soley on opinion, and you base your opinion on definitions of your own predetermained facts found online and very general at best.  Until you spend time in a NICU unit or on bed rest with a fetal monitor on your body your opinions will be just that.
He who goes to bed with itchy but, wakes up with stinky finger.

Guessed

« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2008, 08:41:41 AM »
Ah, so you're not a troll, just a thread killer. Equally as redundant.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 08:59:56 AM by Guessed »
Is Dino open source?

Quote from: grogberries

?

Dark Knight

« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2008, 08:50:00 AM »
If your goal is not to engage in serious discussion, then yes, I would consider it a win as well.

Umm that was a serious discussion,  and I am being called a troll.  The guy busts out with "well I believe" in his answer, I come back with "thats your opionion"  And I am called a troll.  Whatever.  You as well as anybody knows that once the name calling begins, that is usually when that person is at their wits end.  Actually I was in the process of editing my remark to you because you have been cool with the discussion.  the others were just coming up with answers that had no direction but their personal beliefs and then in the same sentence they state it as fact.  At least I give my source and explain my reason for why I call something fact and something belief.  Basiclly disagreeing just to disagree.   

All of your answers (at least on that I've read in this thread, feel free to provide examples if I'm wrong) have been closed, killing instead of perpetuating the debate. Replying with "that's your opinion" is pretty much like saying " fuck it, I'm done debating" around these parts. And you did, and were called on it. Saying agree to disagree is a copout too. This section is called religion and philosohpy not fact and definitive. Philosophy is personal belief, disregarding it is counterproductive to the discussion.

But that's just my opinion  ;)

That is fine to think that, and towards the end of the string it was getting that way, I was sick of saying the same thing over and over and it was getting to be just that.  Generalized answers that State "I believe therfor" in them.  And to be honest with you, I was running into people that were disagreeing just to disagree.  If I come with fact and he comes with fact because it is my opinion.  Well there isn't much further to go.  I was just talking with with a guy who decided to tell me what my position was, and also was being so fickle that he said that I am a pro-lifer so I also should be fighthing for the life of Sperm and eggs.  Now come on......  

He then finishes with a "find me a human that isn't attached in its first week.  I cannot answer that, why?  because he didn't tell me if it is the first week of conception, or after it is born or what.   The guy goes off telling me this whole time that a fetus isn't human and now it is, he tells me he is okay with killing at any age so obviously his opionion on abortion wouldn't matter anyways.  

I am fine with discussion but if you read the last few pages you can see how fickle it was getting.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2008, 08:54:33 AM »
If your goal is not to engage in serious discussion, then yes, I would consider it a win as well.

Umm that was a serious discussion,  and I am being called a troll.  The guy busts out with "well I believe" in his answer, I come back with "thats your opionion"  And I am called a troll.  Whatever.  You as well as anybody knows that once the name calling begins, that is usually when that person is at their wits end.  Actually I was in the process of editing my remark to you because you have been cool with the discussion.  the others were just coming up with answers that had no direction but their personal beliefs and then in the same sentence they state it as fact.  At least I give my source and explain my reason for why I call something fact and something belief.  Basiclly disagreeing just to disagree.   

Well, I called you a troll not because I'm at my wits end, but because your arguments are appeals to emotion and you refuse to listen to reason.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

?

Dark Knight

« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2008, 09:11:56 AM »

Well, I called you a troll not because I'm at my wits end, but because your arguments are appeals to emotion and you refuse to listen to reason.

I understand and no big deal.  My issue is that you have book smart people, who base their opinion on something they read and rather then experience.  They take a literal fact and don't explore if further.  We are not androids and emotion is apart of this discussion.  I lived first had with these issues.  I saw a baby that was operated on while it was in the womb and survived after it was delivered 15 weeks later.  The definitions I was given by him were based soley off of one persons belief also.

I do listen to reason.  He didn't, Reason is something somebody does, weighing all the facts and Unfortunatly he was spouting off factoids based on his beliefs and opinions (by is own admission) and some definitions he found probably on wiki. 

Its ok to disagree  but to be fickle.  But Come on..  I do admit I do get emotional on this subject.  And you are correct on that, but I base my facts on Book, inet, and life experience.  And I have spent a lot of time I NICU's.   
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 02:56:49 PM by Dark Knight »

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2008, 10:44:13 AM »
Thank you.  Once the name calling begins you know its a win.  Feel free to reply or not reply, whatever, your answers were fickle and based soley on opinion, and you base your opinion on definitions of your own predetermained facts found online and very general at best.  Until you spend time in a NICU unit or on bed rest with a fetal monitor on your body your opinions will be just that.

Definitions are not opinion.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2008, 10:50:53 AM »
Was he talking about my post?! You fucking moron, Darkknight, it's the dictionary definition!
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2008, 11:11:57 AM »
And I have spent a lot of time I NICU's.   

I guess you didn't get the subliminal message in that telling you to stop breeding, your genes suck.

?

Dark Knight

« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2008, 12:20:16 PM »

Definitions are not opinion.

They are if you choose one definition over another.

?

Dark Knight

« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2008, 12:21:50 PM »

I guess you didn't get the subliminal message in that telling you to stop breeding, your genes suck.

To correct you again it was my genes that kept a 23 weeker alive over the 90% that died that year.  And not that it is any of your business but her mother was fighting cancer at the time.   Before you start passing judgement and trying to talk big, why don't you leave your bedroom, stop playing World of Warcraft and get a girlfriend or something.  Start to live life instead of hiding in your little virtual world behind your avitar.  Because in the real world, life doesn't care about definitions or opinions.  If your in a real situation that a doctor asks you to choose between  a baby, human, parasite, whatever you want call it and a person you love.  And you are in that situation for real, you too would do a little soul searching, not logic.   

« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 12:55:27 PM by Dark Knight »

?

Dark Knight

« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2008, 12:33:28 PM »
Was he talking about my post?! You fucking moron, Darkknight, it's the dictionary definition!

Nope, not referring to your post. 

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2008, 01:13:22 PM »

Well, you have to choose the one that's of the right context. That involves more facts though.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
objectively good

?

Dark Knight

« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2008, 02:55:55 PM »

Well, you have to choose the one that's of the right context. That involves more facts though.
And there you have it.

« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2008, 02:58:42 PM »
Great debate technique! I now respect you even more.
I hate myself for coming here

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2008, 03:03:50 PM »
And there you have it.

So, you agree that it's fact now? Make up your mind.
objectively good

« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2008, 03:06:22 PM »

Says the person who believes the Earth is flat.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2008, 03:19:28 PM »

When did I say I believed the earth was flat?

You people need to seriously stop making assumptions about me.

And there you have it.

There's only one definition for fetus and baby, though. So at that point it's no longer opinion, nor do you have a choice.

You lose.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 03:21:03 PM by Hara Taiki »

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2008, 03:49:32 PM »
Wait what? Unless I'm mistaken Divito doesn't take that position. Simplified, he asserts that everything is possible and things are basically more likely than others. To claim something is a certain way eliminates a small percentage of possibility for alternatives and thus is inaccurate and stupid.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2008, 03:51:56 PM »
Wait what? Unless I'm mistaken Divito doesn't take that position. Simplified, he asserts that everything is possible and things are basically more likely than others. To claim something is a certain way eliminates a small percentage of possibility for alternatives and thus is inaccurate and stupid.

Okay, I'm trolling

?

T.T. Monsieur

« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2008, 03:56:27 PM »
KingMan believes that a human sacrifice performed centuries ago will absolve him of the responsibility of past actions so long as he maintains that the person who was killed was the son of God and also his father and a ghost simultaneously.

He's a troll.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #200 on: December 01, 2008, 04:06:25 PM »

Since when am I divito?

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #201 on: December 01, 2008, 04:08:39 PM »

Since when am I divito?
Holy shit. uh...Since I got 2 hours of sleep?  :-\
Apologies good sir.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #202 on: December 01, 2008, 04:12:40 PM »

Since when am I divito?
Holy shit. uh...Since I got 2 hours of sleep?  :-\
Apologies good sir.

This is why friends don't let friend post sans sleep.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #203 on: December 01, 2008, 04:59:45 PM »
They did this to me. The last LAN party destroyed me. I must have had a gallon of Mountain Dew.
...Still feel sick.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #204 on: December 01, 2008, 05:00:27 PM »
They did this to me. The last LAN party destroyed me. I must have had a gallon of Mountain Dew.
...Still feel sick.

Try doing that with weed, where you want to sleep but they mountain dew says no.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #205 on: December 01, 2008, 05:29:59 PM »
Try doing that with weed, where you want to sleep but they mountain dew says no.
Mountain dew doesn't affect my perception of reality, just my stomach.  ;)
I see no point.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #206 on: December 01, 2008, 05:41:01 PM »
Back on topic:

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #207 on: December 01, 2008, 06:53:10 PM »
Mountain dew doesn't affect my perception of reality, just my stomach.  ;)
I see no point.

? I just meant the being tired and not being able to sleep. Weed doesn't change your perception of reality.

?

WendalKane

• Perhaps we don't exist at all.
« Reply #208 on: December 01, 2008, 07:01:49 PM »
umm. this thread has gone off topic quite a bit.

Answer to the question: I could not give a real answer unless I was in that dilemma. I would have a feeling of remorse no matter what.

But anyways. Pro Choice fo real.

If your pro life, quit jerking it, using condoms, and any form of birth control.
because each sex cell is a potential baby. And wasting it is killing potential babies.

?

Dark Knight

« Reply #209 on: December 01, 2008, 08:07:56 PM »
And there you have it.

So, you agree that it's fact now? Make up your mind.

No I was agreeing that if you chose a fact or definition over other facts and definitions based on what you percieve as the correct answer then the fact or definition is now based on the choice or opinion of the person instead of a straight fact. 

wow my head hurts from that one.